Chapter 11

A/N: I'm going go start putting these pictures at the beginning of every chapter, cause they are amazing and I felt like sharing them. And I know this is supposed to be a serious story, and these are kinda ruining the atmosphere, but these are just too precious to not share. Continue reading my little Fowlings. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

Athena and I stand on top of a four-story apartment building, waiting for her target to show his face. Athena's eyesight is trained on the building across from ours, patiently waiting to take some man's life.

I can't believe she's going through with this.

I eye the sniper rifle that lays next to her feet. I'm tempted to grab it and use for my own personal gain, but as I have learned in the past: I'm not skilled with guns.

"See anything Blade?" Athena speaks into a walkie-talkie she has brought with us.

"Not a single soul has walked out of that building." Blade's voice responds, sounding extremely bored.

Athena puts down the contraption without saying a word. She glares at the building as her dark brown hair blows around her face in the breeze. She huffs angrily and takes a hair tie out of her jean's pocket, and ties her long hair up into ponytail. A few stray strands still frame her face perfectly, occasionally blowing in the breeze.

She really looks attrac-

Stop it Artemis!

She sits down on the ledge the building, her legs dangling off the edge. I hesitatingly join her, but instead I have my back facing the edge, with my feet firmly planted on the roof.

"So, how you liking America? Besides the kidnapping part." She asks watching the cars on the street.

"How did you know I'm not from here?" I inquire, studying her face.

"Easy." She answers with a small smile, "I'd recognize that accent anywhere: Irish. Just like my grandparents."

"You're grandparents are Irish?" I ask her.

She nods her head, "They live in Dublin. That's where my parents grew up and met. They married there then moved to America, and had me."

"So your family's origins are in Ireland?" I question as I look down at the people walking below us.

"Yes they are." She answers looking over at me.

I look up at her and look into her blue eyes. They have little green specks in them that seem to make them sparkle all the more. I study her face a bit more and notice she has some freckles on the tip of her nose. My gaze flickers to her lips; their just perfect.

How is one girl so beautiful?

"Artemis why are you staring at my lips?"

My face instantly heats up and I look away rather quickly. "No reason." I answer, avoiding looking at her.

Her walkie-talkie starts making noise and she answers it, "Yes Blade?"

"The guy just walked out."

"Any witnesses?"

"Street's empty. This is your opportunity Athena."

She quickly puts down the walkie-talkie and picks up the gun, getting into position.

She sits completely still for a few seconds, aiming the gun.

BAM!

I hear the gunshot and look over my shoulder to see a man drop to the ground. Even from here I can see the bullet hole right in the center of his forehead.

She is good with guns.

Athena starts walking towards the exit. "Come along Artemis. We need to get out of here before pol-"

All of a sudden Athena is thrown against the opposite edge, not moving.

I look to my left and notice a small figure with short hair.

"Holly?"

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I lay on the ground, trying to get my bearings straight.

What just happened?

I sit up and lean against the ledge behind me, groaning in pain. I run the back of my head and feel a small bump on my scalp.

I stand up and brush dust of my shirt and jeans.

"Holly?"

I look up to see Artemis staring at a...child?

But her features are adult like. Peculiar.

She gives me a strange look, "That should've knocked her out for at least a couple hours."she mutters.

"Holly, why are you here?" Artemis asks the person, I now know her as Holly.

"Saving you, Mud Boy." She replies glaring at me, "Except everything isn't going according to plan."

"Butler got ahold of you didn't he?" Artemis asks, staying perfectly calm.

"Yes." Holly answers shortly.

I place my hands behind my back and straighten up, eyeing the person. "You're not saving anybody." I say sternly.

"Oh really? And who's going to stop me? A puny Mud Girl?" She retorts.

I'm not entirely sure what Mud Girl means, but I take serious offense to being called puny.

How dare she.

I ball up my fists, "I'll show you puny." I growl. I start stalking towards the girl. Artemis quickly steps between Holly and me.

I stop, surprised, but quickly recover from it. "Artemis. Step away. I don't what to damage your face." I speak sternly.

"Athena." He speaks in the same tone as me, "Sorry that's not happening."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Blade creeping over to Holly, slowing pulling out a pistol.

When did he get here? Doesn't matter. I need to keep Artemis and Holly distracted.

"I've already killed someone today, Artemis, I will do it again." I say, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Athena, we can come to a compromise." Artemis says cooly.

"That won't be necessary." I reply.

"And why is that?" He asks me raising an eyebrow.

"This is why." I answer punching him in the side of his head, successfully knocking him out. At the same time Blade slams the butt of the gun into the back of Holly's head, knocking the her out as well.

"Thank you for your assistance, Blade." I say as I start picking up Artemis.

"No problem, princess." He answers picking Holly up bridal style. "Who's she?" He asks.

"All I know is that her name is Holly, and her and Artemis are close." I answer also picking up Artemis bridal style.

Wow, he's light.

"Let's go. I need to run some tests on her." I start walking away, and Blade follows me.

This was one eventful day.