Chapter 20

A/N: The song above has nothing to do with the chapter, I just listened to it on repeat while writing this chapter. And certain lyrics make me think of Athena whenever I listen to it.

~~~~~~~

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

"Hello old friend."

"Artemis." Butler hurries forward and places his hands on my shoulders, gripping them tightly. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

I smile softly, "I'm perfectly healthy. There's no need to worry."

"'No need to worry'?" Butler repeated, increasing his volume, "I have every right to worry! You've been missing for two days. And I had no idea as to where you were or if you were safe. Your parents have been worried sick. I've been worried sick. I'm lucky Holly contacted me this morning."

"Come inside. I can explain everything." I say starting to make my way back inside Athena's mansion. Butler mutters something under his breath along the lines of 'reckless' and 'teenagers', and follows me inside.

Holly walks beside me, "You're welcome."

"Why should I thank you?" I question as I open the door and walk inside.

"You miss him, and you were worried about him worrying over you." She replies, slightly smiling.

We walk a bit more in silence, heading back to the others. Eventually I murmur, "Thank you."

I'm not sure if Holly heard me, until I saw her smile in the corner of my eye. I resist my own smile as I stride back into the room I was just in minutes ago.

Athena glances in our direction when we enter, "Blade and Carla are preparing breakfast for all of us. " she informs us. She notices Butler behind Holly and me and stands up, brushing her clothes off. I realize that she had changed clothes from the ones she was wearing earlier; she now wore a midnight blue dress that went to her knees and black ballet flats, her hair flowing down her back perfectly.

I hadn't realized I was staring until I felt a sharp jab in my side. I look down seeing a smirking Holly, "Stop staring, it's creepy." She scolds in a joking manner.

I glare in response as Athena walks forward. Butler steps forward as well, looking at Athena suspiciously. "I suppose you're the reason Artemis has been missing for the past two days."

"You could say that." She responds seriously, "I'm Athena Murray, and you are?" she asks holding her hand out.

"Butler." He answers gruffly taking her hand.

Athena smiles, "Pleasure. Now the whole kidnapping thing was a...misunderstanding that I can explain. Sit, it might take a bit and food will be out shortly." She gestures towards the table then leaves the room.

Butler chuckles slightly, "I was going to hurt her until I saw the way you were looking at her." he tells me, "I must admit she's quite the beauty. You struck gold Artemis." he pats my shoulder and sits down at the table.

I blush slightly at his words, "We are just friends."

"Not for long." Holly chirps, seating herself next to Butler.