Chapter 8

~~~Artemis' P.O.V~~~

I wake up feeling like I got hit by a ton of bricks, straight to the head.

I really underestimated Athena. I think to myself as I take in my surroundings.

From what I can see I'm in a room, sitting on a bed, and there's a glass door in front of me.

I walk up and tap the glass.

Bulletproof. Smart.

I walk around the confined space I'm in, studying it.

I pause when I hear footsteps coming my way. I face the door in front of me, preparing to face whoever has imprisoned me.

I figure walks towards me, they are too far back for me to make out an major details of them, but I can definitely see that they are female.

She continues walking forward till she is right in front of the door. I'm shocked at what I see, but don't let it show on my face.

"Hello Artemis. Sleep well?" Athena asks me.

"Quite well, thank you for asking." I reply in a monotone voice.

"That's good to hear," She says, "I was afraid I had hurt you too much."

"Speaking of that, why did you punch me exactly?" I ask her raising an eyebrow.

"Simple, you saw me."

"But I didn't see what you took."

"But you knew that I took something, therefore making you a potential eye-witness. And a threat to me."

"And why did you take something?" I ask her narrowing my eyes at her. I know I'm not much better then her, but I'm trying to change my ways.

She narrows her eyes at me, "That is information you do not need to know." she pauses, "Why did you wake up before everybody else? That gas was designed to knock out the victim for at least 2 hours."

"That is information you do not need to know." I smirk at her.

She raises an eyebrow, "Really? Using my own words against me? What are you Artemis? A five year old?" she rolls her eyes.

"It takes one to know one." I answer smugly.

She huffs out, "I don't have time for this." She then starts walking away.

"Even if you do ever let me out, I'm still going to turn you in." I tell her in a matter-of-fact voice.

She halts in her steps, making me think I've won. But when she turns around she's smirking, "True you can do that. But a couple months after the incident has happened, no one's going to believe you."

"And how do you know that?" I interrogate.

"Let's just say I've had 'experience' in the matter." After saying this she turns around and walks back in the direction she came in. I stand in my place listening to her echoing footsteps, getting more and more quiet as she gets further away.

Eventually, all I hear is my breathing in the little room I'm standing in, and my heart beating in my chest.

Stay calm Artemis. I reassure myself You've been in situations like this before.

But Athena's not like the others, she's smarter, more experienced.

More dangerous.

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I hate this.

I hate this so much.

And I have no clue why. Normally I have no problem kidnapping people. I used to do it a lot. Heck, I've killed people before and never had a problem with it.

But Artemis was different.

I feel awful about doing this to him. I was hoping we could have been friends. It would have been nice to have someone who could keep up with my 'smarty-pants' talk, as Blade calls it.

But I probably just squashed any hopes of that happening.

I walk up the stone stairs that lead to our cellar. I walk into a nice hallway quietly shutting the door behind me.

"Dinner is ready Athena!"

I perk up at the sound of Carla's voice, food sounds amazing right now. And Carla's cooking is the best in all of New York.

I walk into the dining room and sit down at the table right next to Blade, who is fidgeting.

I lightly slap his arm and scold him, "Stop, or Carla's going to suspect something's up."

"But something is up." He mutters, just as Carla walks in with some pasta dish.

"What did you say Blade?" She questions as she puts the dish on the table, and takes her seat across from the us.

"Nothing." He answers quickly, putting on a sweet and innocent smile.

Carla gives him a look, but looks away after a couple seconds and eats her food.

I follow her lead and start eating, ignoring the nervous glances Blade keeps shooting my way.

"So Athena," Carla drawls out, I look up at her confused, "have fun kidnapping an innocent boy?"

Blade chokes on his glass of water as I feign innocence, "Whatever do you mean Carla?"

You are not helping the situation Blade. I think bitterly.

She crosses her arms across her chest, "I know you think you can fool everybody," she leans forward slightly, "but you can't fool me, Athena. Now spill."

I sigh, giving up. There's no point fighting with Carla.

"By the way, Blade," She turns towards Blade, "you weren't really helping Athena by choking on your drink there."

Blade turns a bright shade of red, making a ghost of a smile appear on my face.

"Now, young lady," Oh God I'm really in trouble this time, "tell me everything." Carla demands, looking me straight in the eye.

"It's kind of a long story." I say.

"I have all night." Her gaze never falters.

I let out one breath and start at the begining.

A/N: Hey guys, I just thought let you know I'm going to try and update as much as possible. But I'm still in school and I don't get out till June 7th. And with the end of the school year comes finals. Soooo, I might not update for long periods of time. Just a heads up. Stay awesome my fellow AF fans!!

P.S: I'm also working on another AF story that's a x reader, and I'm thinking about writing one with the Fowl twins cause I haven't really seen anything with them in it, sooo I'm again I might not update this one as much as I want to.