Haven't Met You Yet

By nbhoodguinxss

People walk into our lives for a reason. Eventually we realize why and sometimes, we are never the same. More

Haven't Met You Yet
Chapter 2- Crash
Chapter 3- Buzz! Buzz!
Chapter 4- Opportunities
Chapter 5- Superstition
Chapter 6- Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Chapter 7- Three Blind Mice
Chapter 8- The Kiss
Chapter 9- Surprise,Surprise
Chapter 10- What If ?
Chapter 11-Wishing On A Star
Chapter 12- Time To Shine
Chapter 13- Ugh.
Chapter 14 - Idiot
Chapter 15 - Not Again
Chapter 16 - Conceal
Chapter 17- Stormy Weather
Chapter 18 - Just Maybe
Chapter 19- Shit.
Chapter 21- Bam
Chapter 22- Resolution
Chapter 23- Acceptance
Chapter 24- At Last
Chapter 26- Hope
Chapter 27- One Last Time

Chapter 20- News

60 3 1
By nbhoodguinxss

Despite my mess of a love life, I was doing alright at work. I still hadn't heard anything from my boss David about my audition. Come to think of it, I don't even remember seeing him there. But then again, I was a little preoccupied.

I didn't wanna bother him about it though. Yes I was very eager to hear what he had to say, but I didn't want to come across as desperate. That just wasn't an image of myself that I wanted to be seen.

I snapped out of my deep thinking session and returned to my work. Filing and typing... over and over again. It got really boring after a while.

Ring Ring

I answered the phone as enthusiastically as I could for the moment.

"Hello, thank you for calling Red Line Records. This is Sally speaking how may I help you today?"

I heard a chuckle on the other end.

"It's just me David, honestly do you not check the caller ID like ever?"

I looked at the phone and realized his name was on the little screen. I mentally face palmed myself and made a note to check the caller ID from now on.

"I guess not sir. What can I do for you?"

"How many times do I have to tell you, please call me David. Uh, can you come in for a sec?"

Maybe it was news about my night at the Polka Dot Lounge! My eyes widened so much I was afraid they might pop out.

"Yeah sure thing si- I mean, David."

I hung up the phone and started walking towards his office, trying not to get too excited. Honestly he probably just needed some files or something. He probably forgot about the open mic night.

I took a deep breath before knocking and entering his office. God his office was huge. He greeted me with a smile and asked me to sit down.

"So do you have any idea why I'd ask you to come in here right now?" he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Uh, honestly, no. I figured maybe you needed me to bring you some files or something." I scratched my head.

He pursed his lips and took out a pen and paper from his desk.

"Nothing else comes to mind?"

"Not really, I mean, I'm sure it's something important otherwise you wouldn't have called me in here." I said nervously.

"So you're telling me you're not curious at all about my thoughts on your open mic night." he still had his eyebrow raised.

"Well, yes but-"

"You didn't wanna seem too eager. I get it. You totally could've asked though, I wouldn't have thought any less of you." He smiled at me once again, showcasing his perfectly straight, white teeth.

"That actually means a lot to me, thank you. So... what did you think?" I bit my lip nervously.

"Honestly..." he paused for a nerve-wracking amount of time. I tried to keep my poker face on but I was shitting bricks.

"I believe you posses more talent than you think. Not only can you sing very well, but you play the guitar amazingly. I truly believe you can make it big, which is why I'd like you to start sitting in the recording sessions with me. If, that's okay with you."

I sat there in shock, I couldn't believe what I had just heard.

He laughed before speaking again.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes."

I shook my head rapidly and let out a squeal.

" Can I hug you?!" I asked, standing up slowly.

"Of course!" he stood and held his arms out.

I walked over and hugged him with all my might, it wasn't awkward or anything. He was an awesome boss and we got along very well. Not to mention he was married and well, gay, so I knew he wouldn't try anything.

"Thank you so so so much David I won't let you down I promise!"

"I know kiddo, so I'll let you finish the week as a secretary and then next week you'll come play with the big boys in the studio." he ruffled my hair.

I thanked him about twelve more times before returning to my desk. My day went by much easier and faster after David dropped the good news on me.

I wanted to go out and celebrate with my friends and tell them all about the good news. Of course that idea was slowly ruined once I realized that I didn't really have friends at the moment.

After our huge fight, I came home and Ana was gone. I hadn't heard from her since and Jasmine and I were still a little awkward with one another.

Melanie had called me and apologized and practically begged me not to be mad anymore. I forgave her, not easily though. I only forgave her cause I appreciated the effort she made to fix our friendship.

I still had Max though, but he made me confused and I just wanted us to decide what we were. But, I wasn't even sure what I wanted from him.

I wish I could just text Jay but we still weren't really speaking. I missed him a lot but I had just done too much damage to come back again out of the blue. Especially to invite him out for drinks.

Maybe I would just go out with Jasmine for dinner and hopefully it wouldn't be too bad.

***

When I got home later on, I walked straight into Jasmine's room. She was reading, as usual.

"Hey, how was your day?" I sat down on the edge of her bed.

She held her finger up, signaling that she was trying to finish the page she was on. I waited patiently, knowing that feeling of being so absorbed in a book. After a moment, she set her book down and responded.

"It was okay, I've just been reading pretty much all day. I ordered Chinese for lunch so that was good. How was yours?"

I had to compose myself before speaking, thanks to my excitement.

"I got a promotion at work! I'm gonna start helping in the studio and hopefully I work my way up to recording." I sported a cheshire cat smile while speaking.

Her jaw nearly fell off and I was scared she might pass out.

"OH MY GOD!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME EARLIER BOO?" she screamed and brought me in for a huge hug.

"I wanted to wait! Not to mention, I, well-"

"Can we just discuss something for a minute, I know we're both super happy about the news but, it needs to be addressed." she sighed.

I shook my head and allowed her to continue speaking.

"Ever since the fight we've been like super awkward with each other and I hate it. Can we just go back to normal already?" she ran her hand through her hair nervously.

I brought her in for another hug.

"I thought you'd never ask."

"Okay tell you what, let's go out tonight! My treat!" she grabbed her phone and started getting out of bed.

I laughed at the irony and agreed.

"But I can't get too drunk! I have work tomorrow Jasmine." I reminded her.

"Too bad, call in sick." she rolled her eyes at me.

I stood there with a confused look on my face, Jasmine was never one to encourage ditching work and/or school. She had changed her views on life a bit since she got her new job. I blame her boss personally. Not in a bad way though. It was good for her to break out of her shell a bit.

"We'll see." I winked.

"Okay well hurry up and go get ready! God knows you take forever." she shoved me out of her room and towards my own.

I was just on my way to the shower when my phone started ringing.

It was Melanie.

I answered it, confused as hell.

"Hello?"

"Hey hun! How've ya been?" I could feel her cheerfulness radiating.

"Um good, yourself?"

"Good thanks. What're you doin tonight babe?"

"Uh, going out with Jasmine for some drinks. Why?" I tried to hide my annoyance, after all, this is how it started last time.

"Okay well I'm gonna tag along! Where are you guys going?" she squealed.

"Well actually I-"

"Nevermind I'll just text Jasmine and ask for the address. See ya later babe! Muah." she actually said muah, ew.

I didn't even get to finish my sentence before she hung up. I walked into Jasmine's room, ready to warn her.

"Hey Jas, Melanie wants to come along. Whatever you do, don't tell her where we're going." I whined. Yeah I know I had forgiven her, but this just felt too familiar.

She looked at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry boo, I just texted her back."

Holy shit, these girls work fast.

I groaned.

"It's fine, I'll just deal with it. Don't worry, after a drink or two I'll be fine." I half smiled.

"I'll make sure you have a good time boo. I'll kick her ass if I need to." she said.

I was surprised by her bluntness, but I appreciated it.

Even though Melanie being there was gonna change things, I wasn't gonna let it stop me from having a good night.

Or so I thought.

-------------------

Hey guys!

I've been a sucky person lately, sorry for taking forever to update!!

I hadn't had any inspiration but I'm good to go now and sadly this story will be coming to a close soon.

But I think you guys will like the surprise I have planned for y'all (:

Thank you so much for sticking around and reading and voting!

It means the world to me, honestly.

Lemme know what y'all think about the story and whatnot, I'm totally open to criticism (:

Okay bye <3

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 55 24
A simple present between friends. Everything was perfect. And no one ever thought something could go wrong. So how does the holiday of a lifetime tur...
8.3K 223 20
"Sometimes someone comes into your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise, and changes your life forever" ~~~~~~~~~ @RockinGirl10123
Hope By harley

Teen Fiction

1.5K 71 20
If two people are meant to be, they will eventually find their way back some way, somehow. Life have its ways.
132K 1.3K 25
I've had many surprises in my life and I'm not about to share them but one of them I just simply ran into without fully knowing what would happen nex...