When light comes

By TosinWahab

An ancient evil is released,and seeks revenge on those who caused its demise.A young boy is enveloped in dark... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41

Part 18

31 6 0
By TosinWahab

Lydia and Solomon sat opposite each other on the the old couches in Pastor Jacob's parlor. Lydia noticed the farmer fidgeting with his sore neck. He was nervous but she had to bring up the subject before it got out of hand . She had to know Solomon's true intentions towards her younger sister.

Unknown to many,Bianca had almost been raped by their maternal uncle who lived with them, when she was barely nine years old.

Luckily, their father had walked in as the act was about to take place,..nearly strangling their mother's junior brother , if it hadn't been for their neighbors .

Uncle Muri had been sent packing immediately but the ordeal had left a horrible scar on her sister's heart.
Bianca never trusted or liked any man from that day except their father and senior brothers,..and now..Solomon.

"You are in love with her, ..aren't you?", Lydia asked , staring straight at the bashful man who sat across from her.

Solomon straightened himself and smiled for the first time since their encounter with the spirit realm that day. He glanced towards the back door that led to the garden, barely making out Bianca's faint form through the glass windows.

Were his feelings for her that visible

Solomon thought he had hid his affections quite well. He wanted to take it slow with Bianca. She was strong spiritually but just seemed so ..delicate, when it came to other matters, especially that of the heart.

"Yes" Solomon replied, his heart beating so fast, he could almost hear it in his throat.

" I see," Lydia whispered back, a worried expression on her face. There and then, she knew Solomon had to be told about her sister's past.

Lydia could just imagine a beautiful wedding day ending disastrously because the bride got scared and didn't show up.

"I think I know what you are about to say," said the farmer in an angry tone " well,..I may not seem good enough for your sister, but why don't you let me ask her first if she would even date me ,"

He stood up, prancing all around the sitting room, unaware of the astonished look on Lydia's face, ... "anyway, the woman is over forty, she should be able to make her own decisions herself".

By now Lydia had had just about enough of Solomon's ranting, and she was no push over.

"Will you please sit down and let me finish before you start jumping into conclusions," Lydia scolded, her voice, strong and firm.

Solomon stopped in his tracks and finally glanced her way, ..noticing Lydia's angry countenance for the first time since he stood up.

He was surprised at his outburst. This was so unlike him, ..definitely his growing feelings for Bianca had clouded his mind for a second there, and truly, he hadn't expected the sister to drop the questions and answer bomb on him today.

Lydia stared at him intently. This man was lovesick and a nervous reck to say the least. The two barely even knew each other, and it had been only three weeks since they met.

Lydia noticed the way her sister behaved whenever she knew the farmer was coming to visit,..which was practically almost every day now.

Bianca would take time in the bathroom, pampering herself with the lavender scrub and soap she liked so much. Even her hair was always well brushed and tied neatly into a bun above her head.

Lydia's thoughts were interrupted, as Solomon took his seat again and cleared his throat, nervously waiting for Lydia to continue her line of interrogation .

However, what he wasn't expecting was the story of her sister's life and how Bianca came to be so weary of men.

When Lydia finally ended, Solomon's eyes were closed. Lydia knew he wasn't sleeping but deep in thought.

" Please Solomon, if you truly love my sister, you have to promise me never to hurt her, or break her heart. For me, this is not child's play. If you aren't looking for a commitment but a fling, then please, move on . I see the way she looks at you....and you at her, and I hope it is what I am perceiving in my spirit".

Solomon heard and understood everything Lydia was saying, and he also knew he would never do anything to hurt Bianca.

"Big Sis," Solomon said, " I love Bianca and I promise you that I would never harm her in anyway. I too wasn't expecting love to happen,..but it just did. I may not look rich but I have enough money stored up to provide for your sister, that is ..if she will have me".

Lydia was happy with the man's answer. Solomon was a good man, and pastor Jacob had previously answered all Lydia's questions and laid all her fears on this matter to rest before she had called Solomon herself.
Lydia knew GOD was at work here, and she wouldn't have to worry about her sister settling down with the right person anymore.

                                           =========================

Mr Fred Ejimwa found his wife crying again in their small library at home. It was her sanctuary from the world around her,..even her family.

She loved her books so much, and Fred had given up his study room and told his carpenter to convert it into a library for his new bride many years back.

Unfortunately, this was also the same place she retreated to when she became depressed and wanted to be alone.

Fred knew why his wife was sometimes sad, but he didn't know what he could do about it. They had gone for counseling with their Pastor for some years now and everything had gotten better. Her attitude towards life had changed positively and she was happy .Receiving Christ Jesus into her life had made the difference.

With time, her  blue moods,  as their children called it, had dwindled, and finally, disappeared.
Well.. not until some few weeks ago when it took a nose dive for worse.

     It was the latest story all over town .

The tale of the possessed boy who had gone missing weeks back at SD & B Farms and Poultry. It was owned by one of their church members, Solomon Dante.

Fred had tried to prevent her from hearing the news of the boy, knowing how much it would affect her .

For almost a week, he didn't allow the family watch the daily nine p.m news while eating dinner nor did they listen to the radio in the morning when the children were getting ready for school.

His wife and kids really didn't care much for it, in fact, the kids were happier. They didn't have to watch daddy's boring news .

But Fred knew it would only be a matter of time. The Ejimwas' neighbor, Aunt Nina, had dropped by some nights back, and had spilled the beans about Zebu.

That evening, as the woman went into details about the boy's mysterious disappearance, Fred had secretly, observed his wife from the corner of his eye. He noticed how she froze when the boy's name was mentioned.

And now, ..night after night, she would shut herself up in the library, crying herself away.

"Doris love, you can't continue punishing yourself over this boy" Fred begged, pulling her off the single sitter she lay on and enfolding her in a soft embrace .

" GOD has forgiven you of your past sins,..why can't you forgive yourself, ..why?!".

But Doris just kept crying. Maybe the best thing was to call Pastor Jacob once again, Fred thought to himself. He was getting tired of the situation.

Her melancholy mood was already affecting their children. Even the house seemed so dark and forlorn.

Fred escorted his wife out of the library and into the bedroom. He helped her into bed and stayed until she finally fell asleep.

He changed into his pajamas and laid down beside her in bed. He was unable to sleep and just stared up at the white ceiling .

'First thing tomorrow, I'll call Pastor and book an urgent appointment ,Fred thought to himself.
Lord, please settle this matter once and for all and let Doris find peace in you.

===================to be continued ====================
Pls kindly vote if you enjoyed this part

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 0 10
Trauma, defeat, loneliness. A broken person, possibly a Schizophrenic one. A girl who's mental illness is more than something that needs medication...
3.7K 358 10
A teenager's world changes forever when he suddenly finds himself in the middle of a battle between good and evil. Hell and Heaven collide in this ac...
16.6K 552 27
"When the Devil's daughter has your heart; expect to literally go through hell and back to save her." //I don't own any of the images found in the co...
531 147 14
If you're bound in chains of sin because of fear, how are you going to break free in this world of terror? The one who lives to save and the one who...