Ups and Downs: Can't Run From...

By desoo1

When Kayla's mom gets fed up with her dad's abusing, and cheating she escapes his traps with 2 children on he... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.

!!FINALE!!

1.1K 45 2
By desoo1

KAYLA

I open my eyes to a bright light noticing I'm in the hospital.

I look over to my right seeing—Ms.Gracy. Grace's mom!

"Hey Kayla. They sent me in here to give you your therapy." She says making me squint my eyes.

"You will be having therapy for the next month just to make sure you are mentally stable." She says.

I sit there for a while as she fights in her book.

"My sister! Where's Kaylee?" I ask her.

She looks up at me.

"So let's start from the beginning." Ms.Gracy says.

"When did you start getting physically abused as a child?" She asks me taking my mind off of whatever I asked her.

My head is banging the hell out of me.

"When I was five." I Answer looking over at her.

"Feed me details." She demands.

"When I was little I use to always see my dad beating on my brother, but I didn't know any better of what was going on. He use to treat me like a queen until I turned five. We was in the pool area, and back then he use to spoil me." I begin.

"I wanted to eat, and then get in the pool, but my mom told me I couldn't because my stomach would start hurting. I started crying, and he just changed. He told me to shut the fuck up, but I didn't do so, so he grabbed me by my arm, and held me down in the pool until I had an asthma attack." I tell her.

"So from there he use to beat you. Correct?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I say before an awkward silence came over the room.

Kaylee! That's who I wanted to ask her about.

"Where's my little sister? Kay—." I begin to say but get cut off by her asking me another question making me forget what I was gonna ask her.

"When you got away from him explain to me in a summary what happened there." She says.

"Well we moved somewhere—I can't remember. But we moved with my Auntie Jackie." I begin.

"She has a son his name was Joseph. My mom was pregnant with Kaylee at the time—Where is Kay—." I begin to ask but she cuts me off again.

"So what happened after she had the baby?" Ms.Gracy asks me.

"Well When she was pregnant with the baby Joseph raped me the night my mom had to go to hospital. I kinda got over it after that." I say.

"After a while my mom started slacking on taking care of Kaylee, and so I took the responsibility of taking care of Kaylee. Kaylee. Where's Kay—." I begin to ask but she asks me another question.

"Keep going with the story." Ms.Gracy says making me forget what I was gonna tell her.

"My Mom still wanted to be young so she was constantly sleeping with different men, and bringing them home." I say.

"And then she found this one dude named Jerry. Me and Jerry was cool until he started giving me money everyday, calling me his girlfriend, and then he tried to rape me but I stabbed him with the blade he gave me. You know what happened after that. But you don't know that my mom beat me when I got home." I say.

"My auntie Jackie found out and made them move out. My mom moved a pimp into the house, and she let him rape me, and beat me. I ended up getting pregnant by him. I had his baby but my dad killed him by dropping him over the balcony." I say getting mad.

"After that my mom said that she was giving me up and putting me in foster home. So I packed me and Kaylee things and left. Me, her Grace, and Kaya was living in a hotel until I met Kyro. And he helped us move into my first house." I say.

"Kaya is?" Ms.Gracy asks me. "Kaya is Grace's Daughter. Your grandchild." I say making her mouth drop.

"What has Grace been up to since she had a child?" Ms.Gracy asks me.

"She's dead. She went missing, and got killed." I say not even being able to read Ms.Gracy's face.

"But after that everything from there was good until my mom, and dad kept fucking with  my Life like they would not go away, and then they kidnapped Kaylee. Kaylee! Where is Kaylee is she Okay!?" I ask Ms.Gracy as she stands up walking over to me.

"I read your book. Your diary. I noticed that you kept saying 'I guess'. Usually it would be when you said you were fine, or happy, or even when it was about your mom." She begins to say.

"Did you ever think that your mom was always that way. No one changes one way to another so frequently like she did. She had to always have this feeling about you." She says making me think about it.

Kaylee! That's who I was gonna ask her about.

I start to ask but she cuts me off.

"Did you ever think that since you thought she was the only woman in your life that actually genuinely cared for you at one point of time in your life you was so scared to get mad at her because she would walk out of your life and you wouldn't have anyone else to lean on." She says.

"When really she was your enemy the whole time." She adds.

"See with you, Your problems are you pain.I also noticed that you ran from your problems. But today you faced your problems, and now they're gone Kayla. They are long gone. You taught yourself a lesson without knowing it." She says making me confused.

"What lesson?" I ask her.

"You can't run from pain." She says

"Trust me Kayla I really hate to do this." Ms.Gracy says getting up walking over to me.

She starts strapping me down.

"I'm so sorry Kayla. I'm gonna have to send you to mental Home for a while." She says.

"What! Why! I'm not crazy! I swear!" I say.

"I know that for sure, but I need big money. Like big money that your mom, and dad offered me." She says with a smirk as I try to get out the straps.

"Where is my sister bitch!" I ask her.

"Kaylee passed away 2 hours ago. She got shot in the neck. Your sister is dead! They pulled the plug on her Okay!" She says making me start crying as I start jerking around trying to get out of the straps.

"If you don't mind I have to go fill my paperwork for you out, and go bail your mom and dad out of prison to get my money." She says walking to the door.

Kyree busts through the door along with Kyro. Roscoe walks out the bathroom.

"You was in there the whole time?" I ask him.

"Kill her, and clean her up. Kayla we gotta get you to the house." Roscoe says unstrapping me.

I sit up moving my hair out my face.

"Where is my sister?" I ask making him look at me.

"They pulled the plug on Kaylee two hours ago." Roscoe says.

"So she wasn't lying!" I ask making him nod his head yes.

"Why would you let them pull the plug on my sister!" I say punching him.

"It was already made clear she wasn't gone make it. We was just trying to keep her up long enough for you to see her before they pulled the plug." He says.

"Go get some clothes on we taking you back to yo house." Roscoe says.

"So we just gone brush this off like it ain't nothing!" I say noticing Kyree choking Ms.Gracy.

"Kayla they in jail for life, what you want us to do. We all upset about this as much as you are." Kyro says

I can't comprehended.

Somethings not right.

Maybe this is all surreal.

                     .............................

We're back on the jet flying back to California.

My sister is not dead it can't be.

I thought I would cry, but I just can't even wrap my head around the fact that my sister is dead.

"You shaking. Calm down." Kyree says in my ear.

"I can't." I say starting to cry making him wrap his arms around me, and pulling me into his lap.

"My Sister wasn't suppose to die!" I cry.

"I know Kayla." Kyree says resting his chin on my head.

     _____________________________

"Kacy stop knocking on my door!" I yell at her.

I hear her crying fade away meaning she walked away.

I throw my head back on my pillow.

"Aye chill out yelling at her like that." Kyree says sticking his head through the door.

"Okay! I'm tryna go to sleep!" I yell.

"She haven't seen yo mama ass Ina week, and some days. Fucking chill out." He says making me get up, and slam the door in his face.

I'm tired of his shit.

Rather my mom, and dad in prison for life I wanna get them back, because I'm damn sure not letting them kill my sister off so easily.

I want my Revenge!

-
-
Go Read The Sequel !
-
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 12.2K 60
Meet Kayla she is smart very beautiful and a more nerdy type of girl, she just moved to Brooklyn from Florida. After her mom died she has been throug...
3.3M 11.3K 4
Being your typical young and naïve teenager, Devyn "Poochie" Young seems to be oblivious to just how dangerous the world around her really is. Never...
631K 19.7K 35
Meet Milyon Washington. She's currently 18 and a senior in high school. Milyon don't have nobody but her cousin Quinton aka Quinn who's very known in...
18.4K 534 31
This story is about a girl name Essence Who Falls For a Boy Name Carter but the streets known him as Shakey. But is it Love or lust? Essence is 17 a...