Ups and Downs: Can't Run From...

By desoo1

When Kayla's mom gets fed up with her dad's abusing, and cheating she escapes his traps with 2 children on he... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
58.
59.
60.
61.
!!FINALE!!

57.

1.1K 39 6
By desoo1

Happy Easter Day🙏🏽♥️

LATER THAT DAY....

KAYLA

I walk in the kitchen seeing Kacy coloring on some papers. I bend over looking at the papers noticing they were my divorce papers with Kyree's signature on it.

I pick it up as my eyes water up. I fan my eyes walking out the kitchen. I really wish I had my brother to comfort me right now. My life is full of bullshit. I just can't.

"Mommy where is daddy? He said he was gonna help me clean up my room." Kacy says coming in. "Kacy he went to his house. I'll drop you off tomorrow." I say trying to hide my tears from her. "But what about my room?" She asks me.

"You can clean it up later Kacy." I say to her. "Yes!" She says running out. "Hi Uncle Gino!" I hear Kacy say making me turn around. "Wassup lil mama." G says as Kacy runs out. "Hey." I say holding my arms out for him to hug. "Wassup. What the fuck happened?" He asks hugging me.

"He saw my passion marks, and then he just got mad after that. And so I started laughing at him to make him mad. And I pulled out divorce papers on him. He signed em' but I gotta get some more because Kacy drew on them." I tell him. "Damn." He says plopping down on my bed.

KAYLEE

I look at my phone seeing that I gotta text.
I been waiting all day for the lady Kayla got to make my prom dress to text me the picture. Kayla got the lady to work on my dress at the beginning of the year so it would be finished just in time.

I open the text seeing the my dress. "This is cute!" I say sitting up. "What it is?" Theo asks grabbing my phone. "Whatchu need a dress for?" He asks me. "Prom." I say smiling. "Awe Okay." He says. "You want me to get them to custom make your tux?" I ask him. "I've never went to prom, and I'm not going this year either." He says making me frown.

"But Theo I really want to go to prom." I say climbing in his lap. "Okay you can go. I'm just not going with you." He says. "Why not?" I ask him. "Because I don't wanna go to prom." He says.

"But Theo I don't wanna go without you." I tell him. "Okay well stay here. Ion know what to tell you." He says. "Theo please just come with me. Why you don't wanna come with me?" I ask him. "Because Ion like dressing up and shit. Ian going so don't ask me again." He says making me mad. "Aight Bruh. Don't say nothing to me when you see me dancing on other niggas on Snapchat." I say getting off him.

"If I see you dancing on another nigga. Imma fuck Jayda." He says making me slap him. "Bruh Stop putting yo hands on me nigga!" He says pushing me. "Theo Bruh Get our my room before I fuck yo light bright ass up." I say trying to make him mad. He can't stand when I call him light bright. "Ian getting up until I want to my nigga." He says.

"Who is you calling a nigga!" I ask him. "You nigga. Slapped the fuck out of me. What if I slapped the shit out of you." He says. "Then I'll get Kyree, and Kyro on yo ass keep ducking playing." I say to him making him chuckle. "I grew up with them niggas you think they gone fuck me up for yo dumb ass." He says laughing at me like a joke.

"I grew up with them too. I been knowing them since I was 3 or 4. Like bruh What the duck is up with yo ass. You tripping nigga!" I say. "Nigga you tripping!" He says hopping off my bed. "Get out my face." I say as he towers over me. "Make me." He says crossing his arms. "Move. I'm done talking to yo ass." I say grabbing my phone.

"Ion give a fuck. You better go to prom with that other nigga. Dig his ass up out the ground. And why you at it dig yo aborted baby up too." He says making me throw my phone at his face. "Nigga don't talk about my baby!" I yell punching his ass.

I kick him in his dick making him bend over. I slap him in his face grabbing him by his hair and pulling him on the ground. "Nigga say se shit about my baby again!" I yell as I kick him in his face. "Mane What the fuck y'all got going on!" Kyro says busting through the door.

"Yo Kaylee you betta Be glad you ain't a nigga, cause I'll fuck yo hoe ass up!" Theo says making Kyro shove him hard against the wall. "Nigga don't threaten her like that! She a girl! You betta get some respect for my little sister nigga!" Kyro says. I didn't know he looked at me as his little sister.

"Nigga that ain't yo sister! Get the fuck on with that shit mane! Fuck you, and her!" Theo says making Kyro grab him by his shirt. "Let's go for a walk my nigga." Kyro says closing my room door behind him.

I go out the room as he keeps on talking shit. I go into Kyree's room going through his drawer. I grab his gun taking it off safety. I go back upstairs to Theo and Kyro talking. "Bitch I told yo ass I was gone fuck you up!" I say pointing the gun at him. "Yo Kaylee chill!" He says as Kyro stands in front of the gun. "Put the gun down he gotta son." Kyro says nonchalantly.

"He talked about my aborted baby! You really think I give a fuck right now. Theo said some shit outta line. He deserves to be dead." I say as Kyro grabs the gun. "Let it go!" I say. "Kaylee give me the gun." Kyro says.

"No!" I say. "She ain't gone shoot me She too in love with the dick." Theo says laughing at me like I'm a joke. "Theo on my
Momma I'm gone kill yo ass in yo sleep!" I say letting the gun go.

I start punching him but he grabs my arms backing me against. "Nigga I regret fucking with yo bitch ass! Imma put a hit on yo bitch ass head!" I say kicking at him.

KAYLA

"Yo you wanna go bowling tomorrow? Me and Chance going." G says as he lays on the end of my bed. "Why are y'all going bowling?" I ask him. "That nigga stay bragging about how good he use to be at bowling, so we ended up going one day. I won, so he demanded a rematch. We put money on it the next time we went. And we just been going every Thursday since then."
He says making me laugh and shake my head at him.

"Y'all so lame." I say as he likes a picture of a girl on Instagram. "You coming tomorrow or not?" He asks me. "Yeah I'll come, so I can beat y'all ass." I say making him chuckle. "Aight you all bout that big talk now. Just wait." He says laughing at me.

"Whatever." I say.

KYRO

"What the fuck you and Theo got going on?" Kyro asks as he drives to his house. "We was talking about going to prom, and the. We got into a big argument and he said that if I went
to prom and danced up on some dude that he was gonna fuck Jayda. And so I slapped him and he got up and pushed me. And then he said...." I say but start crying.

"He said that I should dig Jaden up along with my aborted baby!" I cry. He was wayyyyy outta line for that. He damn sure wouldn't like it if I said some bout Tj. Kyro shakes his head.

1 WEEK LATER....

KAYLA

I slide in my knee high red bottoms. I'm doing interviews today for the boutique, and I'm doing a building expansion next week. I gotta talk to Kyree about the money, because our bank account doesn't say Kayla Carnell. It says Kyree&Kayla Carnell, so Yeah.

"Kacy, Kalen, and Ashanti cmon!" I say. Kyree lets Ashanti stay with me 3 days out the week, because I barely see her when I'm working like I do. "Mommy you didn't make our lunch!" Kacy says.

"Kacy why aren't you dressed!" I ask her. "You forgot to wake us up mommy!" She says starting to cry. "Stop crying. We boutta be late to school Kacy. C'mon I got y'all clothes laid out on the bed. Go get your sister, and brother up." I say. "Okay!" She says running upstairs.

It's raining outside, and I'm not in the mood. I start making the kids' lunches. I haven't had time to check on their work or nothing. I been to busy. I grab Kacy's backpack going through it. "What the hell." I say pulling a little pot plant that tipped over in here backpack. "Y'all hurry up!" I say. "Kacy." I say shaking my head as I put on the counter.

"Mommy I'm ready." Kacy says. "Kacy why do you have a plant in your backpack. You gotta dirt on the bottom of your backpack." I say. "Mommy we have to buy a new one. My teacher gave it to us, and we're suppose to bring it back when grows all the way." She says as Kaya comes down dressed like Kalen.

"Okay I'll tell your daddy to take you to the plant store after school. Kapish?" I ask her. "Kapish." She says putting her backpack on her back, and grabbing her lunch box. "I'm boutta go before my bus leave me. Bye." Kaya says grabbing her big bag of Takis, and running out. "Girl your hair look a mess!" I say. "I'll throw it in a pony!" I hear her yell from outside.

I never do Kaya hair cause she does not like to sit down for 30 minutes. "Kacy remind me to clean your backpack out after school." I say wiping my hands from the dirt. I open Ashanti bag seeing a blue note. I read it seeing that Ashanti is behind on work. "Shanti Come here!" I say.

"Mommy I can't find my shoes!" Ashanti says running downstairs. "Ashanti why haven't you been doing yo work?" I ask her. "You never help me anymore." She says looking up at me. "Ashanti you can't do It by yourself?" I ask her. "No." She says. "Your shoes by the door. We gone talk about this later on." I tell her as I pull a pen out signing the bottom of the note.

"Kalen you can't wear those white shoes. It's
Muddy out." I say. "Mommy they don't let us go out to recess when it's raining." Kacy says. "Oh okay." I say. "Put your rain coats on. Y'all umbrellas at your dads." I say putting my knee high red bottoms on again. "Come on we gotta go."
I say. "Mommy we didn't eat." Ashanti says.

"I'm taking y'all to McDonald's." I say opening the door. "Come on! Come on!" I say rushing them out the door. I hear Sassy barking as I cut the lights off. "Oh my gosh forgot about the dog." I say. I take her out the cage. "You going to work with momma today." I say waking out side as the kids get in the car.

"Kacy I called shot gun!" Shanti yells as Kacy sits in the front. "Both of y'all I'm the back." I say making Shanti start whining. I get in the car. I stop them by McDonald's, and dropped them off at school.

KYREE

"Yo you gotta chill." I say laughing at Mariah. Mariah is a new member at the trap. She do hits. She a funny mothafucka. Me and her been vining lately but just as friends though.

"Kyree!" I hear Kayla yell through the house. "That's your wifey. I wanna meet her!" Mariah says. "No. She not in the mood." I say. "How you know you haven't talked to her." She says. "I can hear it in her voice stay back here." I say.

"You tryna hide me like I'm yo mistress or something. She don't we bestfriends?" Mariah asks me. "Nah. If she see you she gone think it's something way more." I say making Mariah roll her eyes. "Okay fine." She says crossing her arms.

Me and Kayla don't talk it's just like the same before when we first split. Accept we communicate more, but it's only about business, and the kids. I go up to the front seeing her a suit. She look like a whole business woman, that come with a meal, and she got her hair slicked back in a long ponytail. Her hair can only get longer, shit don't make no since.

"Where my kids?" I ask her. "I dropped them off. We started the day off late, and I need to talk to you about the boutique." She says seeming out of breath. She sits down on the couch putting her dog down, and taking her red bottoms off.

"I need these in a bigger size." She says rubbing her feet. Her feet look swollen a little bit. "Yo What you needed to talk about?" I ask making her roll her eyes. "Okay I'm doing my building expansion next week. I need some extra money for the supplies that I'm putting in. Cause I want the third floor to be nail salon, and hair salon. Then I want to join with foot locker or somebody to add them on the second floor with the clothes." Kayla says.

"You don't think that all that shit too much?" I ask her. "No. Can I take the money out the account or not?" She asks sounding irritated. "Yeah." I say looking at her feet. Mariah's phone goes off on the table making Kayla look over at it then back at me.

She starts putting her shoes on looking pissed off. Ion know why she gotta another nigga from what I know. "Take Kacy by the plant shop after school." She says getting up flipping her hair in my face. "Yo Kyree! Kyro on the phone He says it's important." Mariah says jogging in with my phone in her hand.

If looks could kill. I would be six feet under right now, cause Kayla is glaring the shit out my ass. "Hey I'm Mariah." Mariah says trying to shake Kayla's hand. "Wassup G." Kayla says nodding her head at Mariah. "Fuck!"
I say. "Hold on Kyro." I say. "Oh I got some papers for you to sign later on." Kayla says. Kayla walks out slamming the door making the picture of me, and her fall off the wall. "Mariah I told you to stay in the back!" I say.

"Yo don't come at me cause wifey mad. Kyro told me to." She says grabbing her phone. "Damn she left the dog too. She prolly calling me every name in the book right about now."
I say picking up her dog. "My bad G." Mariah says.

KAYLA

"Kaylee when all this shit happen man?" I ask Kaylee as she tells me about her and Theo. "Last week." She says. "I'll talk to him." I say pulling out the driveway, and heading to Kaylee's School. "Lemme Tell you what Kyree dumb ass did." I say holding my phone in my hand getting ready to put on some music.

"What he do?" Kaylee asks me. "He has another bitch up in there! I'm talm bout the bitch had her shoes off, phone on the table. And she was just comfortable like she been living there for a good minute." I say. "You lying." Kaylee says.

"I'm not. I'm deadass." I say. "Well then. He just moving on like that." She says. "Yeah, and I'm boutta get on Kyro ass when I talk to him. That nigga knew he was talking to the bitch."
I say.

.......

I'm doing interviews later in the afternoon, since kids don't get out til then. I text Kyro telling him to help Shanti with her work when he picks her up, and that I need to talk to him. Then I texted G responding back to his message. He ends up calling me though.

"You ditching us for bowling yo?" He asks me. "G I have to do paperwork, then I have to do interviews today. I have to do training tomorrow. I have to schedule Kaylee's appointments with the people so they came get to working on some news clothes. There is a lot on my plate right now. I just won't be able to make it tomorrow." I tell him.

"Well you can't push that shit back or something?" He asks me. "No, but are you out on the road right now?" I ask him. "Yeah why?" He asks me. "Can you bring some iHop?" I ask him. "No. Since you don't wanna go bowling with us tomorrow." He says.

"Well can you bring me some Starbucks coffee. I'm beattt." I say. "No. Bye. You made me mad." He says hanging up on me. "Nasty ass attitude." I say. I'm at the shop by myself besides the people that are on the third floor working on the decor.

I look up as the door opens. I smile as I see G with my food, and coffee. "Thank you big brother!" I say getting up and hugging him. "Nope Move. I'm still mad at yo ass." He says sitting my cup on the counter. "Can you stay here with me today. Kaylee at school. And the only people who here with me is the folks downstairs doing the decor." I say opening my food.

"I'll stay for a while, but then imma have to go." He says. "Okay." I say. "What they doing to the third floor right now?" He asks me. "They doing the floor, because i told them to epoxy the floor. Then they'll paint the walls." I tell him.

"Real shit though. If you ain't got time for bowling how you got time for the kids?" He asks me.

"I don't, but for the weekend On Friday I'm taking off to having a special day with me and Kalen. Then on Saturday I'm taking Ashanti, Kacy on a girls day. And on Sunday I'm just spending time with them together. Kacy has been begging for us to have a family movie night. I don't feel like dealing with the awkward vibes between me and Kyree." I say.

"Speaking of Kyree. A birch was at his house today. She came out the room without her shoes on, and she was just chilling like shit ain't shit." I say. "It ain't nothing serious. I bet it was Mariah that's his girl bestfriend at the trap." G says as I stuff my face. "Ion give a fuck!" I say with my mouth full making G chuckle as he shakes his head.

"You gotta chill." He says. "I wanna eat my
Life away. This food tasting to good right now." I say. Food been giving me life lately. "Ian tryna call you fat, but you some got a little bit thicker in the stomach. Like you gotta bun in the oven?" He asks me.

"That's for you to find out, and me to know." I say. "You said it backwards." He says.
"Shut up." I say. "Some agents saw my pictures I posted of Kacy, and Ashanti. And they want them to model for they little kids fashion brand." I say. "That's good Kay. You need to get the kids in something." He says. "A nigga tired. I was boutta go to the house and go to sleep until you asked me to stay here." He says.

"You can go home if you want." I say. "I'll stay here with you for a bit." He says.

........

"Alright that's all for today. We're gonna start training tomorrow. So be here tomorrow right after school." I tell all the girls. I just got done doing the interviews. I chose a select few. I'm closing the shop early so I can spend some time with the kids.

I pull up at Kyree's after I dropped Kaylee off. I unlock the door with my key. "Mommy!" Kacy says running up to me, and hugging my legs. "Hey babygirl." I say looking at Ashanti who's sitting down at the table with her homework in front of her.

"Shanti getting yo work out today?" I ask her she looks at me then back down at her work. "What wrong with you Shanti?" I ask sitting on the floor by her as I take my red bottoms off As she starts crying. "Uncle Kyro whooped her." Kacy says.

"Why?" I ask her. "Because I wasn't doing my homework!" She says crying. "Stop crying. I'll talk to yo daddy. He ain't gone whoop you no more." I say as Kyree walks in. I roll my eyes at him then look over at Kalen. "You got some homework?" I ask him making him shake his head as watches tv.

"Mommy daddy took me to the plant shop." Kacy says showing me her plant. "This is cute Kacy." I say. She was really suppose to let it grow but it don't matter. Theo walks in the house with his football stuff. I stand up sitting my shoes to the side. "Wassup Kayla." He says.

I slap him in his face. "The next time you say some shit outta line to my sister imma fuck yo light skin ass up." I say in his ear as I push him against the wall. "I don't wanna have to bully you, but I will lil nigga." I say walking away from him as he holds his face.

"You got the kids this weekend right?" Kyree asks me. "Yes." I say. "Come on the kitchen lemme talk to you real quick." He says. I get up walking to the kitchen. "What?" I ask him as I take a Vossa water out the fridge. "You thought about taking a pregnancy test?" He asks me.

"I took one last week." I say drinking some of the water. "What it say?" He asks me.
"I gotta bun in the oven." I say. "When was you gone tell me you was pregnant?" He asks. "When I started showing." I say. "You ridiculous yo." He says shaking his head at me.

"But for real though. Ian tryna start shit, but you not boutta keep on doing this shit. You barely see the kids now." He says. "I have to get my new people trained. Still gotta finish my paper work for them. I gotta get the website Set up. Gotta get some business cards made. Still gotta schedule Kaylee's  meeting for them folks so we can get the clothes operation going faster. And then I gotta get my hair, and nails supply. I have to get some people hired it's a lotta shit going on, and I don't have no help. So you gone have to bare with me, because after everything is settled I will have time for them. I can be where ever I need to be for my babies." I say.

"Well it sounds like you need to get a assistant. I gotta Home girl that need a job. Her name is Mariah." He says making me look at him. "You talm bout that bitch you had walking around yo house like she live in this bitch! Hell nawl! Nigga if you don't—get out my face!" I say trying walk out the kitchen, but he grabs my arm.

"What!" I yell at him. "Calm down. That's my bestfriend. Yo we ain't do nothing like that." He says. See now I feel embarrassed. I wipe my tears still trying to walk out. "Kyree let my arm go." I say trying not to look at him. "Imma let you go. Just calm down. Damn you gotta chill Kayla. You carrying my child. You can't be having all this stress on you." He says.

"Okay." I say fanning my eyes. "Come give me a hug yo. You need to chill." He says pulling me in a hug. Oh my gosh! I miss his ass so much! I lay my head on his torso taking in his scent. He smells so good. He tries to pull away but I don't let go. "No." I say hearing him chuckle.

"You told me this morning you had something for me What was it?" He asks making me groan. I pull away pulling my hair behind my ear. "Uh yeah the divorce papers. I been meaning to tell you Kacy drew on the other ones, so I had to get some more." I say.

"I already signed when I got to the shop. Lemme go get em'." I say walking out. Ain't that a bitch. I go through my purse pulling out the divorce papers and a pen. I go in the kitchen. I hesitantly sign the papers. I flip to the last page signing on the line. "Okay here you go." I say hoping that he won't sign the paper.

I'm not ready to be in a relationship with him again, but I don't want to get divorced. Cause I still miss him, and at the end of the day I'm not moving on to nobody else, and he gone forever be my mans. He not looking to sure about signing the papers either though.

"We need to talk about this later. I got some shit to handle." He says. "Okay well I'm boutta go." I say walking out the kitchen leaving him with the papers.

......

"Girls come down here I gotta tell y'all something!" I say. I brought Kaylee over, cause she doesn't like staying at the house by herself. Kaya, Kacy, Ashanti, Kaylee, and Kaylee comes down sitting at the kitchen table.

"Alright so look. I'm boutta start using this little formula on y'all hair 3 days out of the week. So it can grow y'all hair out. I'm gonna Cut y'all hair, and imma use it to make sew-ins. And imma sell it at the boutique." I tell them.

"You sound crazy." Kaylee says. "I am crazy. I beat yo boyfriend up today by the way." I tell her. "Ugh. He is not my boyfriend." She says rolling her eyes. "Umhm. I'm boutta wash y'all hair. Take them braids out Kaylee." I say.

My momma use to use this on my hair. I take the two aloe vera leaves and start cutting them into form. I grate the onion and let the juice run the through the little tray. I get my frying pan putting cocanut oil in it.

........

"Kacy my hands are starting to hurt. Please stop moving." I say getting annoyed with her. "I want to go to sleep." She cries. "Kacy I'm boutta—never mind." I say. I take half of her head down and give her a halo.

"Let me lay your edges." I say. "No!" She yells making me pop her on her arm. "Sit yo ass down." I say as bust out crying. I lay her edges, and wrap her hair. "Everybody else sleep, but you cause you wanna play. Go upstairs and take your bath get in yo sleepy clothes brush yo teeth, and go to bed." I say as she goes upstairs.

-
DAMNNNNNN THAT WAS CLOSE
-
VOTE
-
COMMENT
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 12.2K 60
Meet Kayla she is smart very beautiful and a more nerdy type of girl, she just moved to Brooklyn from Florida. After her mom died she has been throug...
Men Who Sin By Lex

General Fiction

5.4M 165K 40
Book Three Don't Read if you haven't read the first two books or you won't understand. "I'm a sinner baby, so are you and that's why I love you" With...
881K 21.3K 20
(SLOWLY EDITING) *Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was alwa...
227K 8.7K 30
Book 2...Book 1 is The Thug Next Door. Synopsis: Five year since the tragic prom incident sent Rico on a spiral back into a life of drugs, women, an...