Riley and the Boxers | ✔️

By Navycoffee

Imagine losing your family. You would be devastated, heartbroken and empty, as if you've lost everything in y... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
AUTHOR'S NOTE + LITTLE SURPRISE
Twenty-four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five (FINAL CHAPTER)
EPILOGUE
MY OTHER BOOKS
RILEY AND THE BOXERS QUIZ

Four

7.3K 293 128
By Navycoffee

F O U R

"I like Chance."

"W-what?" I stumbled, surprised by her sudden outburst.

Lily blew a tired sigh, before repeating. "I like Chance. Even if he dumped me back in middle school, I still want him so badly! All I could ever think about is him, Riley. Him!"

I felt sorry for her, I really did. Heck, she definitely chose the wrong man. And no, not just because he 'hates' women but because he reeked of evil. One thing for sure, I would never in a million years fall for that douchebag.

However, I couldn't tell her that because I happened to be an -- what I like to think of it as -- undercover girl. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Just wondering, why are you telling me this?"

"Because..." She whispered before placing her hand on my shoulder. "You're going to help me win his heart!"

My jaw slacked open at this. She wanted my help?! Out of all people, she picked me? I knew legit nothing about love, nor did I have any sort of experience. I was terrible at this stuff! "W-why me?!"

Stop stuttering Riley. Jeez, can't you just act like a man?

She chuckled before poking me. "I'm not stupid!" Stepping back, she crossed her arms. "I saw you and Chance handshake last week. You both seemed pretty close."

My palm met my face. That was when we made a deal to keep each other's secrets secret! Yet again, I couldn't possibly tell Lily that. "That was a 'nice to meet you' handshake to a stranger-"

"Save the bull for later, Riley." She snapped. "Because strangers totally live in the same house."

"What?!" I shrieked. "Why- what- how do you know that?!"

"I have my ways." She mused in a sing-song tone. "So since you guys seem exceptionally close, maybe you could... Be my date for the dance?"

Oh boy. Why did I disguise as a boy again?!

"No!" I hastily rejected. "I hardly even know you! And besides, I already have a date-"

"Then dump her!"

I sighed. "Why don't you just ask Chance to go to the dance with you instead?"

"Chance never attends parties. He used to back in middle school, but his desire has definitely flushed down the toilet."

I really wondered why. No seriously, I ain't being sarcastic.

"Look i'll figure out something, okay?"

"Mkay. let me know when you do. But! If you don't then we're going with my plan. Capish?"

I slid my hand out of my grey trousers, gave her a salute and walked off. My breath quickened and my heart was only a split second away from leaping out of my chest. Why was I feeling like this? I had no reason to. I was helping a friend get together with their long-time crush, I should feel proud of myself.

But for some unknown reason, I didn't want Lily and Chance to be together. Just the thought of it made my chest clench and a part of me was screaming 'no,' whereas the other was telling me who was I to decide? It was not like I had feelings for Chance.

Right?

✦✧✦✧

"Pleeeaaase?" I begged Chance for the thousandth time, running to catch up to him.

Out of a sudden, he halted his power-walking, before exhaling a sigh and twisting his head towards me. I waited for what seemed like forever for him to answer me, and when he did, his reply was, "no."

Dammit.

Without any further ado he resumed walking, prior to my groan. "Why not?"

"Because I don't do parties."

That being said, I was blown away(not literally, you know what I mean)... Even though Lily had already told me. Looks can definitely full one, I had realised.

"Well you can start!" I attempted to persuade him as he raised an eyebrow. "And the school dance is-"

"I never said i've never partied in my whole entire life, Coleman." He flicked my forehead, making me wince at his touch. "I just don't want to go on a date with Lily."

He walked off, leaving me in plain frustation. I bit my lip. I couldn't afford to give up! No way was I going to be Lily's date because as a matter of fact, I had my own. I had two of my own; one with Caitlin and the other with the mesmerising Skylar.

Man now that I think about it, am I irrestible?

"She really likes you, you know!" I shout, much to gaining his attention as he once again stopped. "Or maybe you don't know... But please? Lily really likes you and she's thrilled to be your date at tonight's dance! If you don't, then her heart will shatter because clearly your time means the world to her. It's just tonight's dance, do it for her?"

A sharp silence pierced the air before his long sigh. "Fine, but only once."

I nearly choked on air. "What?"

"Don't make me say it twice!"

I held my hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay." My satisfied grin spread over my face whilst he rolled his eyes at this, turning around and resuming his walk.

Did you see that? My words so touched his heart. Nailed it... into this heart too!

And I wouldn't be surprised if they were true anyway. Perhaps Lily and Chance did look like a good couple? Then it would be Skylar and I and all four of us should go on a double date!

✦✧✦✧

Speaking of double dates, I was doomed. Truly, ruly doomed.

As I stood in front of a fancy café just like instructed, I stared ahead, watching Jacob and two girls beside him walk up the street in a distance. The thing is, the blonde haired girl on Jacob's right looked extremely familiar. And boy was I scared pee-less if she recognised me from the day I snuck out to buy girl's stuff at the shops because even from afar, I could definitely pinpoint her.

Please don't recognise me. Please don't recognise me-

"Do I know you?" Before I knew it, the blonde girl's voice had asked me.

Was luck overrated these days or what?

Plastering a smile as normal looking as I could, I replied. "N-no."

"Hah." She nodded. "Sorry, you just look familiar."

"No I don't."

She blinked. "Uh yes, you kinda do..."

"Nope. Not to me I don't." I laughed unexpectedly and a little creepily I realised.

I mentally face-palmed myself. What does that even mean? Idiot!

Jacob shot us a puzzled glare, before retrieving. "Okay... So Riley, this is Caitlin and Caitlin, this is Riley." He gestured his hand between the red-haired girl and me.

"Sup-" I greeted in the most coolest way possible until Caitlin's word overlapped mine.

"You're cute."

Immediately, I was taken back. Hold up - why did I agree to this in the first place?

I laughed nervously. "Um thanks, you too..."

"I know." She winked.

I coughed under my breath before luring my eyes onto Jacob. Then I gulped.

He was going to kill me.

"Let's head in now, shall we?" Jacob murmured as we all nodded, heading in.

As the blonde girl and Caitlin walked in first, I quickly whispered in his ear, "you can hurt me later."

"I'll give it my all." He half-whispered back in a sickening-sweet tone. I gulped, but walked in along with him anyway.

Blonde-haired girl and Caitlin, who had rather a redder shade of hair, were already seated in a table for four. Jacob and I sat down opposite of them and oh how pleasant it was watching Caitlin purposely grind her knees against mine. So what did I do? Cross my legs in a kid's position on the seat of course.

Her face fell in an instant and I shrugged. What? There was nothing else I could do. In no way was I interested in her, it was the dude next to me. Yet he hasn't even planned to make a move on her yet.

Remember Riley, act like a jerk.

"Bro!" I whooped to Jacob. "Girls were all over me today man, can't wait 'till I take them out tomorrow."

Jacob's eyes lit up before he cleared his throat. "You shouldn't treat girls-"

"I totally don't blame them!" Caitlin budded in, making me have the urge to roll my eyes big time. "You're worth killing others for."

Oh no she didn't.

"But you're not," I retorted. "I only came here because... Bill dared me to..."

Yeah, because Bill is so convincing.

"I don't care." She hissed. "I want you!"

"Umm b-bruh..." I whispered to Jacob, "so what do you see in her again? Because all I can see is desperation."

Unexpectedly, Jacob's fist met my jaw with a large crack, making me fall out of my seat in pain.

Holy crap, I had never been punched so badly before.

"What the hell man?" I growled at him, standing up and groaning in pain. I could taste the weird, undescribable taste of blood leaking from inside my mouth.

"You fool!" Caitlin hissed at Jacob, grabbing his shirt's collar. "This is why I never liked you! You just ruined his perfect, defined face! This is why nobody likes you. I never even liked you in the first place! I only used you, even though you're totally useless anyway. No, I pitied you Jacob, because of those boys who'd stick superglue to your shoes and do terrible things to you! But the truth is, you're ugly, rude and deserve everything you got-"

"Don't even finish that sentence, you bitch." The blonde-haired girl seethed, venom lacing her every word. "This is why nobody likes you."

"E-Ellie?" Caitlin stuttered. "What are you saying?"

"What i'm trying to say is thank you. Thanks for finally showing Jacob your true colours because as a matter of fact, he doesn't need you anyway. You're always backstabbing him, talking crap about him and you're calling him rude? At least he doesn't do that to you."

Caitlin gave a cruel laugh. "What are you? In love with him?"

"I actually am," Ellie sighed. "And i've been crushing on him since last year. He's so different from those try-hards and for your information, he is very good looking... To me at least. So if you don't mind, get out of here because you've done enough."

"Fine," Caitlin scoffed. "It's not like I came here with my own will, anyway!" Grabbing her handbag, she stomped out of the café. It was then I realised how every pair of eyes were attached to us, including the owner's as well.

"Are you alright?" Ellie crouched down in concern.

I gave her a warm smile from the bottom of my heart. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

She nodded, before stretching out her hand as I happily grabbed it, pulling myself up. Now I can certainly see several reasons why Jacob should fall for her.

Jacob slid up from his seat, sighing. "I'm sorry Riley and sorry Ellie. I can't believe Caitlin's true colours are exactly that, and I don't feel well either. Riley, can we head home now?"

Ellie lowered her head in disappointment. "No hold on Jacob..." I glared from Ellie to Jacob. "Why don't you guys hang out for a while?"

"No, I feel sick right now, seriously." Jacob protested as I frowned. "But i'll hang out with Ellie tomorrow."

Ellie gasped. "Really?"

Jacob shot her a welcoming smile. "Of course. See you then!"

Well lads and gentlewomen, that was cute and tad unexpected, right? Hah, who am I really kidding? The entire date was a wreckage!

And I wondered how my next one would do.

Jacob down, Skylar to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 1.3K 56
I shut my locker and started making my way towards my next class . I was already late and the hallway was almost empty . I picked up my pace . Sudden...
18.5M 795K 107
Gaslight is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. ...
237K 5.8K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...
1.6K 185 22
~This is a fictional story of a 15 year old girl named Stephanie Moore, who soon finds that her life can fall apart at any moment. This story doesn...