Jealousy Kills

By AuggiePooh_

I glare at him, "I gave you information, so you let me go. That was the deal." He raises an eyebrow, "Are you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Spin-Off!!

Chapter 28

11.3K 266 5
By AuggiePooh_

Camille

A big bright smile was plastered on my face as I walked into my apartment. The air finally felt clear, well not completely. I still needed to talk to my brother and get all that sorted out. But other than that, everything felt right. Josiah loves me, I'm gonna work on getting my job back, and I am in the process of fully making up with my brother.

I dialed his number on the house phone and waited for him to answer. "Hey Cammie, how'd dumping that jerk go?" I bite my lip, "Um about that, can we meet to talk?"

He sighs, "I'll be there in 10."

When Eli finally arrived he did not look happy. "What happened?"

I smile shyly, "He told me he loved me, then he opened up to me."

"Come on Camille, you can't be serious?"

"What? I love him too." I say quietly.

He raises an eyebrow, "Camille this guy is basically a crime lord. You know that right?" I nod, "I'm aware."

"But do you know what it means to be a crime lord? From drug dealing, illegal weapon distribution, prostitution, it all varies with them. Do you even know what he does? How did you even meet?"

"I spilled my drink on him at his club."

My brother scoffs, "I'm surprised he didn't kill you."

I frown, "Look I get what you're saying and I know it looks bad. But you don't know him. He really does care for me and has never in anyway hurt me."

"That's because he has people that will do that for him."

"Eli!"

"It's the truth Camille. Do you know about his several co-ownerships in different hotels, casinos, and clubs that are all used to conduct his multimillionaire illegal organization?"

"I know he does bad things Eli, stop reminding me. I knew about the hotels and night clubs. And I know his does illegal things. I did not know he was a multimillionaire though, I just knew he was rich."

"Exactly, you don't know enough about him. And what you already know is bad. You can't be with him Camille."

I raise an eyebrow, "I'm a 23 year old woman, I didn't come here to ask you who I can and cannot date." I get up and grab my bag, "I'm gonna go."

"I just don't want you getting hurt Camille, physically or emotionally."

"I'll be fine, I'm going out. I'll see you tomorrow or something." He nods as he watches me leave. I left him in my apartment and headed to Josiah's house. The guards let me in and Josiah was no where in sight. "Where's Josiah?" I ask one of the guards. "He stepped out, he'll be back shortly." I nod and head up to the bedroom to watch some Tv while I wait.

It felt like hours before I heard the front door unlock downstairs and Josiah's large shoes against the wooden floors. I laid in bed till he arrived in the bedroom. "Hey." I greeted with a smile. He smiles back with a faint smile and a light 'hey'. "You alright?" I ask as he sits down on the bed beside me.

He nods, "Just a bit stressed." I nod as he continues, "How was your talk with your brother?"

I shrug, "Calmer than I expected. He didn't yell, but he is certainly not pleased with the idea of us being together. He claims I know nothing about you, which is somewhat true."

He removes his blazer, "Let me get changed and you can ask me anything. I'll give you an honest answer." He kisses my head before getting up to change. When he comes back he lays down next to me and I cuddle up to him. "Ask away."

"What exactly do you do in your crime business thingy." I ask quietly.

"Um well most of what is said about it is not true. I do not deal in prostitution, I find it sickening. Drug dealing yes, money laundering, and trade of stolen goods."

"Oh. How did you get into all of this?"

"While I was at Princeton, I was kind of having trouble with my student loans and other college fees. At a party I sort of met this man who was looking for someone to take over for him. He had heard about me and I guess thought I would be perfect for the job. I started as sort of an intern for him while he helped pay my fees. Toward the end of my last year in college, he was killed and I was next to step up to take his place. I later found out he hadn't just heard about me, he was a very distant uncle. Brothers with my father."

I was quiet for a moment before speaking, "Why was he a distant uncle?"

"Well my father left my mother and I a very long time ago with no explanation. So it's not like we were gonna stay close with his family. My mother died a couple years after that and Jane has been taking care of me since then. She was a friend of my mom."

"Wow."

"Yeah, are you hungry?" He asks. I smile at him, "What's for dinner?"

"I was thinking chicken Alfredo?"

I nod and he gets up to cook but I grab his hand, "Can't someone else cook it? I've missed you and I want to cuddle."

He chuckles and sits back down, "Anything you want. I'll order it." He picks up the phone and dials a number. I rest my head on his chest as he talks on the phone, when he hangs up he looks down at me. "What?"

He smiles, "You're so cute."

I kiss his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you more." He leans down to kiss me, his hand cups my face as our lips meet. I smile widely into the kiss, and climb on top of him. He groans as I straddle myself on his lap. His lips depart from mine and dive toward my neck, leaving light feathered kisses trailing down to my collar bone. I let out soft moans as his hands roam my body under my shirt. "Can I take it off?" He asks quietly. I remember the bruises and pull away, "Maybe we should stop."

"This is the second time you've done this, what's wrong?"

I shake my head, "Nothing I just don't wanna be exposed like that."

"You used to always be fine with it, but ever since the kidnapping- " he looks at me, "Are you hiding more bruises Camille?"

I shrug, "Maybe. I just don't want you to see them."

He sighs, "I'll love you no matter what your body looks like."

"You haven't seen them, they're really bad."

"No matter how bad they look, it wouldn't make a difference."

"My body is battered and ugly, just leave it at that."

He sighs before standing up and taking my hand, "Follow me." He leads me up the stairs and into the master bathroom. The lights switch on and be begins taking off his shirt. "What are you doing?"

He points to his most recent stab wound, "Showing you my scars. I used to try to use tattoos to cover them up." He points to the little bird tattoo he had on his lower abdomen. "I got this tattoo to cover up several stab wounds." He points to both shoulders, "These tattoos were used to cover slice wounds." He turns around to show me a whole back full of scars, "These are recent, I don't cover them up because I'm much older now and I know covering them up won't make them disappear."

I look them over, "You'll look at me differently."

"Are you looking at me differently right now?" I shake my head. "Then why would I do it to you?"

I sigh, knowing he's right and pull up my shirt slowly. I stare at the mirror as I do it to avoid Josiah's gaze. It was as ugly as I remembered it, I stared at each one. Josiah came to stand next to me. He looked into the mirror too, "You're still beautiful. And if you'd let me I'd kiss every scar on you." I chuckle lightly, "You're so cheesy." He kisses my shoulder, "I love you."

A tear rolls down my cheek, "I love you too." He wipes my eye as we hear the doorbell ring. "That should be dinner." He gives me his hand and I grab it as he leads me down the stairs. I sit on the coach as he answers the door to get dinner. We have dinner in front of the tv before putting on a movie and falling asleep on the couch together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.7K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
38K 934 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
1.6M 50.8K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
316K 7.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...