Retake *Discontinued*

By Hufflepuff7913

In their past lives, Nie Li and Nie Tai were the strongest Demon-Spiritists and stood at the pinnacle of the... More

Chapter One: Could This Be?
Chapter Two: Simply a Frog
Chapter Three: I Dare Heaven and Hell to Try and Stop Me!
Chapter Five: In the Marketplace
Chapter Six: Grabbing Life by Its Horns
Chapter Seven: What Did You Do Brother?
Chapter Eight: Inscription Masters
Chapter Nine: Knowledge
Chapter Ten: An Unbelievable Revelation
Chapter Eleven: Out of the School, Into the Library
Chapter Twelve: True Talent
Chapter Thirteen: Heavenly God Cultivation Technique
Chapter Fourteen: Languages
Chapter Fifteen: Confrontation in the Library
Chapter Sixteen: The Meeting
A Day on the Beach (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter Seventeen: Training
Chapter Eighteen: One-Star Bronze-Ranks
Chapter Nineteen: Screaming Bloody Murder
Chapter Twenty: Medallion
Chapter Twenty-One: Travelling To the Ruins
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fox-Bears
Chapter Twenty-Three: Talking Trash
Chapter Twenty-Four: Gaining Sight
Chapter Twenty-five: Two-Star Bronze-Rank
Chapter Twenty-Six: Map-Gazing
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Target Practice
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spiritual-Grade Demon-Beast
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Connection
Chapter Thirty: There are Two
Chapter Thirty-One: Rumination
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Sacred Family and the Dark Guild
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Alchemists' Association
Chapter Thirty-Four: The President
Chapter Thirty-Five: Preparation for the Exam
Chapter Thirty-Six: At the Arena of the Exam
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Holy Orchid Institute's Exam
An Annoucement
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Going Home
Chapter Thirty-Nine: First Demon-Spirit
Chapter Forty: Yun Hua Approaches
Chapter Forty-One: Nie Hai, the Patriarch
Chapter Forty-Two: Talking with the Patriarch, Nie Hai
Chapter Forty-Three: Director Yang and the Patriarch
Chapter Forty-Four: To the Treasure Auction
Chapter Forty-Five: During the Treasure Auction
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hong Yue Auction Continued
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Xuan Spirit Merchant Hall
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Nightmare Demon Pot
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Second Demon-Spirit
Chapter Fifty: The Heavenly Marks Treasury
Chapter Fifty-One: The Tournament Grounds
Chapter Fifty-Two: Nie Tai's First Round
Chapter Fifty-Three: Nie Tai's Second Round
Chapter Fifty-Four: Nie Tai's Third Round
Chapter Fifty-Five: The First at the City Lord's Mansion
Chapter Fifty-Six: Under the Sky
Filler: There Were Fireworks
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Into the Heavenly Sacred Border
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Within the Heavenly Sacred Border
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Ribbons of Pandora
Chapter Sixty: Suitors
Chapter Sixty-One: Remember Your Place
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Suitor's Tournament
Chapter Sixty-Three: Back Into the City Lord's Estate
Announcement II

Chapter Four: Money Makes the World Spin

1.1K 21 0
By Hufflepuff7913

 Shen Xiu was irate, to say the least, at the support for the twins. Instead continuing to insult and berate the twins directly, she praised a few of the more talented children in an attempt to reclaim the class' attention, "Continuing with my original lecture, the top student is Ye Ziyun: she has a cyan soul realm with a soul force of eight-six! The two runner-ups are Shen Chue and Xiao Ning'er: they both have a green soul realm with a soul force of seventy-eight! These three will definitely reach One-Star Boze Rank soon! Congratulations to them, the real talents!" Shen Xiu said happily. Her gaze was on the twins, who appeared unperturbed by her words. The other students, however, were astonished at all three of the young teenagers: Ye Ziyun, Shen Chue, and Xiao Ning'er.

The ordinary could only gape in amazement at these extraordinary beings. Nie Tai, however, was lost in thought. She knew the story of Xiao Ning'er: the beautiful redhead wearing an intricate pink dress with yellow trim. Her talent was second only to Ye Ziyun. In Nie Tai's previous life, Xiao Ning'er and Ye Ziyun were known as the younger generations Twin Gemini. Nie Tai would only watch from the shadows as these two continue to reach heights that she herself once considered to be out of her reach. Xiao Ning'er was very cold towards others and only focused on her cultivation. This may be because of her family's influence: the Winged-Dragon family was one of the seven noble families; however, it declined in recent years because of the suffocating Sacred Family.

The Winged-Dragon family, in order to gain the favor of one of the three Major families, had to force Xiao Ning'er into marrying Shen Fei, the elder brother of Shen Chue. Shen Fei was as arrogant as Shen Xiu and Shen Chue. He was also extremely possessive of Xiao Ning'er. Not to mention that he was also part of the domineering Sacred Family, who led to the decline of the Winged-Dragons in the first place. Xiao Ning'er, of course, refused to marry him and went into the St. Ancestral Mountain's Black Devil Forest. She never returned. The redhead's unnerving will both surprised and impressed Nie Tai. Nie Tai looked at Nie Li and it appeared that he was having the same thought process that she was. " In order to fully annihilate the Sacred Family, we will need allies. Xiao Ning'er talent and determination. We should help her in this timeline."

"The Fighter and Demon Spiritualist tests are in two months; as such, I have hope that there will be some that reach the starting point: One-Star Bronze Rank. If you succeed, you will be the pride of myself and the Holy Orchid Institute!" Shen Xiu stated happily.

It is common knowledge that each of the five ranks—Bronze, Silver, Gold, Black-Gold, and Legend—have five levels: One through Five Star levels to be exact. However, actually reaching the starting point is difficult but is a hurdle that all Demon Spiritualists and Fighters must cross. Usually, only those who've consumed elixirs from birth are able to cross this, so nobles are automatically more likely to achieve this sooner than commoners. Many of the lower-class students looked towards the three powerhouses after Shen Xiu finished speaking: Ye Ziyun, Xiao Ning'er, and Shen Chue.

Shen Chue, sensing the jealous and admiration filled gazes, had an unattractive arrogant expression on his face. He then turned that gaze towards Ye Ziyun; his eyes filled with lust for power and possessiveness of the young beauty. It was obvious that he considered himself above all others: Nie Tai, Nie Li, the commoners, and even other nobles. Ye Ziyun ignored him and instead met Xiao Ning'er's challenging gaze.

Ye Ziyun's eyes were filled with longing for friendship, but Xiao Ning'er only saw Ye Ziyun as a rival, an opponent, an obstacle to overcome.

Shen Xiu's voice drew the class' attention, "For those who claim that they can reach the starting point, let us see your true potential!" Her disdain and abhorrence shone brightly as she looked at the twins.

A red-soul realm would normally need three or five years to reach the starting point because the soul realm and physical condition determine one's cultivation speed; however, Nie Tai and Nie Li were not worried.

Nie Tai nodded in agreement when hearing her brother tell her, "Only two months? Hmph, there is still time to spare." His confidence was showing through the slight smile on his face.

Nie Li then turned to Lu Piao and Du Ze. Lu Piao asked him, "Nie Li, do you like Ye Ziyun?"

"Like may not be a strong enough word to describe his feelings for her..." Nie Tai thought while watching them.

"Of course!" Nie said truthfully.

Lu Piao gave Nie Li an investigative look before saying, "While she is beautiful, and I am your brother, I must tell you that her identity is much too noble for the likes of us."

"Be more realistic why don't you? She is a cyan-soul realm super genius! There is no doubt that she will become a Demon Spiritualist. She will enter the official Demon Spiritualist class, and her cultivation will continue to soar afterwards. Her remembrance of you is not the problem here: your chasing of girls is what I think the problem is! You won't even work hard or train when wasting all your time with chasing after them." Du Ze said angrily. Nie Tai had a mischievous glint in her eye when watching Du Ze.

"You hypocrite! You chased after me!" Nie Tai recalled Du Ze asking her brother if he could court her, and his adorable shyness when trying to gather the courage to talk to her. She smiled when thinking of his successful attempts to win her over.

Lu Piao lazily shrugged his shoulders and said, "You dare slander? I'm an extremely hard-worker. I've, at most, only wasted half-a-day chasing girls!" Lu Piao had an almost proud look on his face.

"Dear gods! What kind of people did I get involved with?" Du Ze asked dramatically while rolling his eyes.

In Nie Tai's past life, Du Zu was able to reach One-Star Gold Rank Demon Spiritualist despite having a yellow-soul realm. This caused his family to rise to the position of aristocratic. It was amazing to see.

Du Ze and Lu Piao are strikingly different: loyal, old-fashioned, and serious male versus a lazy, and almost apathetic, fob. Lu Piao had extremely high Fighter talents, but he was too much of a sloth to put the effort in needed to succeed. As such, he only reached Silver Rank.

Nie Tai's smile grew as she watched her friends: she missed their playful arguments and striking personalities.

"Nie Li, I recommend that you give up. You should focus on your training instead." Du Ze said seriously.

"Du Ze, don't bother. This rockhead has his heart set on Ye Ziyun. As such, he will most likely succeed in winning her over. The test will be easily passed, so there is no need to worry over such matters." Nie Tai said. Nie Li nodded in agreement.

Lu Piao and Du Ze both looked shocked at her words. It was almost as if they forgot she was even present.

Du Ze nodded and was about to speak when Nie Li interrupted, "There is no need to worry, Du Ze, Lu Piao. Nie Tai and I will help both of you in becoming the strongest Demon Spiritualists!" The twins smiled at their friends.

"Nah. I only have a red-soul realm. Becoming a Fighter won't be an issue with the help of my family's elixirs, but becoming a Demon Spiritualist would be too hard!" Lu Piao said as he started to walk backwards slowly.

Du Ze slung his arm over Lu Piao's shoulders, keeping him in place, and reprimanded him, "You must know that Demon Spiritualists are more powerful! They are more useful on the field of battle. On a battlefield, a Legend Rank Fighter is nothing compared to a Black-Gold Rank Demon Spiritualist!"

Lu Piao ducked away from the dark-haired boy. He said, "There is no need for that. If I can become a Gold Rank Fighter, I'd be happy. Then my dad won't be able to beat me anymore." Lu Piao said seriously.

Those surrounding him were speechless. They all shared the same thought, "What an umovitaved person!"

Nie Li chuckled slightly at Lu Piao's words, "We both have a red-soul realm do we not?" He asked.

Lu Piao and Du Ze's expressions gave away their confusion. Even though he has a red-soul realm, he had the confidence to say that he would reach One-Star Bronze Rank in two months? It is absolutely unheard of one raising their one-digit soul force to one hundred in just two months.

"Say, Nie Li, would you happen to have any special methods in refining your soul force?" asked a curious Du Ze.

"There is no need to worry. As long as you stay determined, you will become powerful." Nie Tai answered for her brother.

"Hmph, back down? Never!" Du Ze said stubbornly. He's goal—no, his life-mission—is to change his family's fate. He will never lose sight of this.

Lu Piao is to hear that it is possible for him to become a Demon Spiritualist because then his dad can't beat him for being lazy! If there is an opportunity to slack-off, however, he won't waste it.

"Will it be hard?" Lu Piao mumbled as he sighed lazily.

The look Du Ze gave him was poisonous to say the least. To become a Demon Spiritualist without any difficulties? Impossible! Even if it is insanely difficult, he, Du Ze, will not back down no matter what!

Nie Tai deadpanned at this exchange, but returned her expression back to normal when saying, "Not very. It's just expensive."

"Oh, if that all?" Lu Piao said happily, "How much do you need? I've saved up two thousand demon spirit coins. When becoming a Demon Spiritualist, I can afford to spend this.

"Oh how naive." Nie Tai thought when hearing this.

Nie Li obviously thought the same. He shook his head and said, "Two thousand demon spirit coins? What good is that. It is not nearly enough. We'll need at least millions of demon spirit coins. Maybe even tens of millions."

Du Ze's eyes almost escaped his head when hearing this. He came from a commoner family, so this amount of money was simply unfathomable to him.

Hello! First off, I want to thank you for reading! Secondly, I want to ask you to comment, for I would love you know what you think. Thirdly, please tell me who you want in the harem(I want to know who people want)! Lastly, HAVE A NICE DAY! 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 7.2K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
559K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
630K 31.9K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...