Chapter Three: I Dare Heaven and Hell to Try and Stop Me!

As all were aware of the fantastic tale of Ye Mo, the commoners' eyes flared with hope and determination. Ye Mo was a legend, an example to follow, and proof that fate—no destiny itself—can be overridden and changed. When Shen Xiu spoke of the 'differences' between classes, she was blinded by the very attribute she was arrogant of: nobility.

"You as well? Hmph. Ye Mo is the only one able to climb to the top of the pyramid in all of the hundreds of years of Glory City's existence." Shen Xiu spoke after wavering for an almost inconsequential amount of time. During the rude and implausible remark, Nie Tai's expression remained clear of the emotion.

Pausing for a second, Nie Tai spoke with frost creeping into her tone, "Did teacher not say that it was impossible? That is incredibly contradicting, isn't it?" Nie Tai smirked and narrowed her eyes fractionally, "Lord Ye Mo is a distinct and definite example. One's birth does not matter; the potential for greatness is infinitely huge. As long one is willing to stay determined and work hard, nothing is impossible. This is true no matter the difficulty."

Shen Xiu was almost growling at the younger female who'd returned to sitting. Nie Tai dared to speak this way?! She is worse than her brother! Neither of them have any respect for their betters. Glaring hostilely at the twins, Shen Xiu swore to not let their futures be easy. How dare they speak to her this way!

Du Ze looked at the twins, particularly Nie Tai, in amazement. He was appreciative, happy even, that these nobles stand up for the commoners. This has forever changed Du Ze's mindset, for he was still very impressionable.

Gritting her teeth, Shen Xiu said, "Hmph, very smart of you both. This, however, cannot change the reality facing you. Many people failed, yet you only looked at Lord Ye Mo accomplishment. Nie Li and Nie Tai, correct? You both are considered to be an Aristocratic family; however, neither of you know how to fight your battles, so I'll check and see what kind of 'potential' you have." Shen Xiu then turned around and grabbed a thin parchment paper from the desk. After scanning the list for the twins, she burst out in taunting laughter.

"Nie Tai: red soul realm, current soul force of seven, strength of nineteen. Nie Li: red soul realm, current soul force of five, strength of twenty-one. What mediocre talent. Both of you could only reach Bronze Rank Fighter in your entire lifetimes. Ha! You are even inferior to some of the commoners. Fate has certainly decided to not favor either one of you. What horrible luck! Your tongues are shaped by your low self-esteem!" Shen Xiu smiled—really more of a scowl—at the twins with the fire of victory in her eyes, but it would soon be doused.

Red soul realm, was one of the soul realm grades. Each of the seven grades are represented by a color: red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, azure, and indigo. Red is considered to be the lowest level and the weakest. To put this into perspective, an average person would have had an orange or yellow soul realm; a green or cyan soul realms usually produced genius; while the azure and indigo soul realms were legendary and mythological.

Pity shown in the eyes of the average: they felt sorry for the siblings. Ye Ziyun was one of the few nobles who also pitied the twins; she didn't know either of them well, but she still couldn't help but feel sorry for them. She knew that they wouldn't be able to have an easy life.

Shen Chue was sneering at Nie Tai, who sat to his left. He couldn't believe such trash was allowed into this institute! He wouldn't even believe that he was sitting next to one of them. He only came here to become close with Ye Ziyun.

Nie Tai, however, took no note of the glares. She was currently immersed in her memories. She and her brother both remained extremely weak before the fall of Glory City. The most they had advanced was Three-Star Bronze Rank. They were scorned by their family. That will change. Nie Tai would never let that happened. Her face remained impassive, much to the surprise of her classmates, as she thought, "I dare fate to bind me! I dare luck to scorn me! I dare hell and heaven to try to stop me! I will overcome any obstacle, break any chain, demolish any barrier! One day, these people will realize just how wrong they are. They will only be able to gape and stare as I climb higher, and higher, and even higher still to an existence that they cannot even dream of."