Chapter Fifty-Two: Nie Tai's First Round

With barely an inch to spare, Nie Li stopped his kick; although she was far away, Nie Tai could see Shen Fei's clothes move slightly from the wind generated by the kick. Glancing at Chen Linjian, she saw that he also noticed the cloth move; however, he said nothing and observed the male twin.

Nie Li took a few steps back, accidentally stepping on Shen Fei's left hand on the way, and said, "Shen Fei, my new friend, thank you for letting me win today! This was fun!" His tone turned slightly darker, "We definitely need to do this again."

Leaving Shen Fei groaning on the ground, Nie Li walked calmly out of the arena. He quickly arrived to the Heavenly Marks' seating area; Yang Xin looked at the twins and said jokingly, "You are quite cunning; I wouldn't think that by looking at you. Remind me to never bet against you in the future. I've a feeling that I'd lose to you twins."

Laughing, Nie Li said, "Big Sister, you misunderstand! Desperate times call for desperate measures; that is all that occurred today!"

Barely containing his disagreement, Nie En said, "The individual bet with the Sacred Family and the public gains gave us a total of sixty million demon-spirit coins," Nie En surprised himself when he didn't stutter over the large number; perhaps the twins were desensitizing him to copious amounts of money.

"Good, good. We'll see how much we earn until the end of the day. Then, that is two be shared with the crowd, barring the Sacred Family of course," remarked Nie Tai with a happy grin on her face.

Chuckling, Chen Linjian said, "I thought you were only supposed to be cunning under dire circumstances."

"I promised nothing; Xiao Li's the one that opened his big mouth," retorted Nie Tai without missing a beat. She ignored her brother's 'hurt' expression as Nie Kai, once again, held Nie Ming back.

Before Nie Ming could open his mouth to speak, Shen Ming appeared with a disgruntled expression on his face. With diplomacy in his tone, Nie Hai greeted the aggrieved man, "Ah, Mister Shen Ming. I hope that the young Shen Fei is doing well. How is he? Perhaps our Xiao Li was a bit heavy handed. Hopefully, there is no ill will towards him."

"Of course there is no ill will; after all," Shen Ming's eyes flashed with a cold, vicious light, "it was a mutually made bet. Now," Shen Ming turned his gaze onto a bored Nie Li, "Are you ready for your next match?"

Barely caring enough to hide her smirk, Nie Tai said, "Mister Shen Ming, my brother barely managed to win. I'll battle next so that he can recover his energy."

Chen Linjian coughed slightly to ease the laughter bubbling out of him. How had Nie Li barely managed to win? Shen Fei was absolutely destroyed.

"W-what?" Muttered Shen Ming, glancing at Nie Tai in surprise. It seems that he forgot about her.

"Will the Sacred Family go back on their word? Was I not suppose to also have a match? Ah, that really is disappointing," Declared Nie Tai. She watched with an uninterested expression as Shen Ming's face got progressively more scarlet from embarrassment.

"I did not forget; however, I thought you would go after your brother and not at the same time," replied Shen Ming.

"Is my opponent ready to fight?" Asked Nie Tai.

"Yes. She is. Please go down to the arena now," replied Shen Ming. He stalked off angrily, muttering something about hatred of twins.

With a nod and a smile, Nie Tai walked down to the arena. Feeling the buzz of a voice in her head, she opened the rumination channel, "Be sure to keep a low profile."