Chapter Ten: An Unbelievable Revelation

The student was very slow. He was comparing each and every pattern with the one on the board.

Shen Xiu was extremely impatient. She said with a voice cold as ice, "Hmph. When finding this book, you probably didn't even know what was written in it! You actually dare to speak against the ancestors? If you are unable to find the inscription pattern, then you shall be brought to the Saint Judgement Hall for defiling my ancestors!"

Nie Li laughed loudly while Nie Tai chuckled softly. He said, "Teacher, it is still much to early to be speaking in this manner. This book is a few thousand years old because it originates from the time fo the Snow-Wind Empire. The timing of the creation was much, much earlier than that of the Sacred Family, is it not?"

"It was." answered Shen Xiu.

"Then the matter is easily resolved," said Nie Tai. She looked at the commoner and said, "You will find it thirty-three pages backwards from volume seven. It is the sixth diagram on page thirty. If you wouldn't mind, compare it with the Scarlet Sunburst Pattern that is on the board for us."

The twins' confidence intimidated Shen Xiu. This is because, if they were right, this would stain the reputation of the Sacred Family. If the public where to find out that an ancestor of the Sacred Family, a publicly renowned Inscription Master, plagiarized, the Sacred Family would lose its good reputation and the trust of the common people.

Shen Xiu unknowingly allowed fear to show, and this caused the twins to secretly smile. The Sacred Family's reputation largely came from the Sacred Flame Inscription Patterns, which were claimed to be self-created. If this were untrue, the whole city would become aware that the Sacred Family was a bunch of hypocrites!

Both Nie Li and Nie Tai were in agreement: the traitors of Glory City, the Sacred Family, were hypocritical weeds that needed to be utterly destroyed, especially the roots. As such, they would spare no effort in bringing this to light.

"The sixth diagram on page thirty." the student muttered. When receiving this information, he found it.

The class exclaimed in disbelief. The Lightning-Fire Inscription Pattern consisted of two parts; one even looked exactly like the Scarlet Sunburst Pattern!

The twins were right!

While Shen Xiu's face was impassive, her clenched fists showed her anger. Shen Yue turned his head towards the twins; his eyes were full of cold arrogance and rage.

Nie Tai wore a polite expression on her face; it was as if she didn't just offend one of the Major Families! Her calm face shocked the two whose hostile glares were trying to drive a hole through her head. They couldn't help but wonder if this was planned...

With narrowed eyes, Shen Xiu coldly stated, "Hmph. So the first-generation house-master of the Sacred Family did take this from the Book of Divine Lightning-Fire. What of it?"

Nie Tai laughed. Her eyes filled with unexplainable hatred, "Teacher. It appears that you are not acquainted with the Demon Spiritualist Code of Conduct. Allow me to explain. This code of conduct has been in place for around three thousand years. As such, it is understood that almost every Demon Spiritualist follows this code. The article 162 is the conduct article that pertains to this situation: when taking or copying inscription patterns from others, one must cite the source and cannot claim it as their own. Is this not an important rule for Demon Spiritualists?"

Shen Xiu was absolutely speechless! She could not refute this statement even though it basically said that the Sacred Family had no regards for ethics! Her face was red from anger.

Nie Li, naturally, would not let his sister face this alone. He said, "If the person in question was trying to learn of the Lighting-Fire Inscriptions, this would be fine; however, the Sacred Family's first-generation house-master actually took half of it and claimed it as his own. Is this not too bigoted? Perhaps the man had some unspeakable difficulties? We, the juniors, should not judge such an ancestor."

Nie Tai almost burst out laughing at her brother's attempt at innocence. Shen Xiu, however, did not find this nearly as funny as Nie Tai, for she was exuding a murderous aura.

The students whispered amongst themselves in disbelief. They couldn't believe such a high-ranking member of the ancestors of the Sacred Family was actually such a person! The Sacred Family appeared quiet despicable! Even the Snow-Wind Family cited their sources and never claimed for the inscriptions to be self-created.

"Hold your slanderous tongues!" shouted Shen Yue, who stood with indignance dancing across his face, "My family has existed for over three hundred years. Someone like you two, who are from a simple aristocratic family, cannot compare with my history. The younger generations found this in the house-master's notes, so naturally we assumed that he created it."

Nie Tai could barely refrain from sneering at Shen Yue. He was trying to pass off the responsibility and appear innocent. Luckily, Nie Li spoke up at Shen Yue's obvious threat.

"What an arrogant bully! I do, however, feel at peace knowing that Glory City has such stringent laws; otherwise, the Sacred Family..." he paused, shuddering dramatically. This prompted Nie Tai to wipe at her eyes, giving the impression that the twins were terrified at the threat, "Good thing that a such a noble, big family, like the Sacred Family, protects our safety," he paused and hugged Nie Tai softly, "If anything were to happen to us, I'm afraid that not even the Sacred Family would be able to bleach that stain."

Shen Xiu and Shen Yue were red in the face at the twins' actions. Lu Piao and Du Ze, however, were barely containing their laughter.

Nie Tai's eyes flashed dangerously, escaping the attention of the elder behind them that was watching diligently, "You dare to be so impudent. Hmph. It will be so entertaining to watch the dragons become worms under my feet."

Hello! This chapter is somewhat short, so I'll probably make the next one longer! Tell me what you thought of the chapter through the star or a comment. 

Most importantly, however, have a nice day! :D