Chapter Forty-Seven: The Xuan Spirit Merchant Hall

As the twins settled into their seats, Nie Hai released a breath and asked in a tired voice, "Is there anywhere else that you two need to go while we're out and about?" The patriarch smirked in a friendly manner, "Or have you spent enough to day?"

"We'll never spend enough," replied Nie Tai, her comment making the old man pale.

"Patriarch, we would like to go to the Xuan Spirit Merchant Hall," said Nie Li in a respectful manner, drawing Nie Hai's attention.

"You two have reached Silver-Rank?" Asked Nie En. His eyes widened as the twins nodded. His face remained blank as his brain screamed impossibilities at the reality presented.

"Your first demon-spirits must be chosen wisely! Do you two have any preferences? I could help you choose!" Offered Nie Hai excitedly, not at all surprised that they reached Silver-Rank. He stroked his grey beard excitedly as he thought of how grateful the twins would be.

"Thank you, Patriarch. We appreciate your offer but we already have something in mind," said Nie Li, quietly shooting the patriarch down as he looked out the window.

"Ah, of course," replied Nie Hai, smiling bitterly all the while. He had, somehow, forgot that the twins were monsters that seemed to hide ancient experts within. The carriage moved quickly and smoothly towards the Xuan Spirit Merchant Hall. When arriving, the group climbed out of the car and proceeded inside. When seeing Nie Hai, the owner, Shao Ming Feng, quickly guided the group to the VIP Room. He had already heard of the massive wealth shown at the Hang Yue Auction and wanted to make a good impression on the Heavenly Marks Family.

Shao Ming Feng smiled widely and offered the group tea, which they quickly accepted. Reaching for a cup, Nie Hai said, "Thank you, Shao Ming Feng, I am here today to buy demon-spirits for my grand nephew and grandniece. I would like to look at your selection."

"Of course! Here are the books that hold the information of all the demon-spirits in our possession. What kind are you looking for? Are there any attributes that catch your eye?" Questioned the owner, setting the large book down on the table. Demon-spirits varied in rank and, by extension, price. Naturally, the higher ranked the demon-spirit, the higher the price. The most expensive could cost millions while the least could go for some hundred.

Making eye contact with the owner, Nie Li asked, "Sir, would you keep this transaction a secret?"

Shao Ming Feng paused at his seriousness and replied, "Of course. Every patient, no matter the size of their purchase, receives complete confidentiality."

Nie Li nodded and said, "Good. How many Nightmare-type demon-spirits do you have?"

Shao Ming Feng quickly glanced over the book. The Xuan Merchant Hall was one of the largest demon-spirit traders in all of Glory City. Every single day, there were at least one hundred demon-spirits being brought from adventurers. The owner replied, "Nightmare-type demon-spirits are some of the rarest and hardest to control demon-spirits that we have. As your first demon-spirit, I, personally, would not recommend one; however, we do have about fifty in our storage area that are available to sell."

Glancing at his twin. Nie Li nodded. Smiling, Nie Tai took over, "Then, Mr. Shao, we would like to buy all of them," Nie Tai paused and added, "For a fair price, of course."

"You want all of them?" Questioned Shao Ming Feng.

"Yes sir," affirmed Nie Tai. Shao Ming Feng glanced at the patriarch. When seeing Nie Hai nod, he left to grab the demon-spirits. As soon as he left, Nie Tai turned to the patriarch saying, "Don't worry. We'll pay for it."

"Ri-right," muttered Nie Hai, tired of trying to understand the twins' actions.

"Why are you two so interested in the Nightmare demon-spirits?" Asked Nie En curiously.