Chapter Twenty: Medallion

Xiao Ning'er dashed over to the twins; she stood in front of Nie Li and Nie Tai glowing slightly in a cyan light with a dagger held tightly in her hands. She had already reached One-Star Bronze Rank! Narrowing her eyes angrily, she said, "I'll ask again. What are you doing?"

While everyone was distracted, Nie Tai pulled her bracers into her interspatial ring and set the medallion on the ground; she also tore a piece of her sleeve off, showing her bruise. Moving quickly, she finished before another cold voice sounded, "Shen Yue, you are too presumptuous!" Ye Ziyun walked in front of the twins angrily, her eyes glinting, "I would have never imagined that you would act this way!"

{A/N: I've changed Shen Chue to Shen Yue because of the spelling in the wiki. I will go back and correct it in the earlier chapters later.}

The two girls turned towards Nie Li and asked in unison, "Are you okay?" This created somewhat of an awkward atmosphere between the two girls, who quickly faced toward Shen Yue when he began speaking again.

"Ziyun! You misunderstand! They tricked me!" Shen Yue babbled, trying to explain. His expression only worsened when seeing the expressions of the twins. He quickly continued, "They led us here!"

Snorting, Xiao Ning'er harshly said, "Are you an idiot? Who are you trying to fool?"

The twins wore perfect expressions of innocence, much to the chargain of Shen Yue. Slowly getting off of the ground, as though it hurt him, Nie Li said as he helped up Nie Tai, "I admit that we offended your Sacred Family, but isn't wanting to kill us for that simply too far-fetched? Inside the Holy Orchid Institute no less!"

Nie Tai picked up where Nie Li paused, her feminine voice pricking the hearts of all the males present, "Our family is incomparable to yours; however," she paused, stepping away from her brother and straightening her back, "we will not submit to your tyranny! We, Nie Tai and Nie Li, are proud and are unwilling to submit, even if you kill us!" Her declaration moved all the males in the near vicinity to shout in agreement, albeit for a slightly different reason than she intended.

Shen Yue's face took an unsightly hue at the twins words; Xiao Ning'er and Ye Ziyun, on the other hand, looked at the twins in admiration for their bravery. Xiao Ning'er clenched her fist slightly, the only outward sign of the promise she made to herself: the promise to not yield to the Sacred Family, to Shen Fei!

A small commotion occurred as Du Ze and Lu Piao broke through the crowd. Du Ze's usually calm nature turned violent when seeing the state of the twins, particularly Nie Tai. His harsh reprimand shocked the listeners, "Shen Yue! How much of a low-life are you? You dare attack them with six Bronze Ranks?" In his anger, he didn't even notice that Nie Tai and Nie Li weren't even injured.

Shen Yue stuttered, trying to pathetically defend himself, "N-no. I-it's not like that! They are completely fine! Nothing happened to them!"

Lu Piao caught the glances of the twins and stepped forward, arrogantly questioning Shen Yue, "So now we can try to beat you up? Early you ordered your followers to kill Nie Tai and Nie Li! Don't even try to lie because many students heard you! Your followers also ripped Nie Tai's clothing and badly bruised her arm!"

Gasps rang throughout the clearing; Nie Tai was leaning slightly on Du Ze, whose grip on her shoulder tightened slightly out of anger. Gazes rested on the torn sleeve and the dark bruise that was already forming; the same gazes shot towards Shen Yue like knives as he spoke, "N-no! I said that, but I didn't—"

"The principal is coming!" shouted a loud voice. Panicking, Shen Yue started to leave quickly.

He rushedly spat, "I will not forget this, Nie Li, Nie Tai!"

The noble boy started running with his lackeys, leaving the area. Grinning evilly, Lu Piao shouted, "Hey! You forgot something!" Shen Yue slowed down, but did not look behind him to see Lu Piao grab the medallion that fell on the ground and throw it. The piece of metal sailed through the air and managed to hit Shen Yue on the back of the head.

"Y-young Master!" shouted the lackeys, picking up the fallen noble. Glaring at the observers, they picked up the medallion as well and left quickly.

"Nie Tai, are you okay?" asked Du Ze worriedly, turning the girl towards him. The girls watching couldn't help but become slightly jealous of Nie Tai's courage and beauty, as well as the attention she was receiving from the young boy with her.. The males in the crowd failed to notice this as they were glaring at Nie Li, who was being asked the same question by Xiao Ning'er and Ye Ziyun.

Nie Tai smiled easily, surprising,"I am fine, thank you, Du Ze. Let's go back to the library."

Lu Piao nodded sagely, saying, "We might have to wait for Nie Li to choose between the goddesses."

Nie Tai and Du Ze deadpanned, their enjoyment of Lu Piao comment showing. Ignoring this, Lu Piao elbowed Du Ze, who still had an arm on Nie Tai's shoulder. The blue-haired boy smirked evilly and whispered in the other boy's ear, "What do you Nie Li will think of you being so handsy with his precious sister?"

Paling, Du Ze flinched, surprising Nie Tai because the boy was known for his stoicness. Her aquamarine eyes studied Lu Piao, who was smirking triumphantly, and Du Ze, who was quickly reddening under the scrutiny of the girl. Du Ze arm remained on her shoulder, despite the light glances Nie Li was throwing in his direction. Nie Tai tilted her head slightly and asked, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Du Ze's lo—" Lu Piao was prevented from speaking further because of the hand over his mouth.

Du Ze evenly said, his face impassive, "How Nie Li is taking a bit longer to get ready to leave."

Raising an eyebrow, Nie Tai said with a slight smirk, "I see. We had better leave because it looks like Nie Li is going with Xiao Ning'er."

Nodding slightly, Du Ze removed his hand from Lu Piao's mouth, but not before giving the other boy a sharp glare. His attention turned back to Nie Tai, asking lightly, "Do you need help getting back to the library?"

She shook her head, saying that she was fine to walk. The three friends left for the library, not noticing the angry Sacred Family descendant in the crowd: Shen Fei. His fists were making popping sounds and he grabbed the insides of his sleeves out of anger. His gaze first rested on Nie Li, who was being supported by Xiao Ning'er: Shen Fei's fiancee; then it shifted to the girl's whose red hair was held back in a braid as she smiled slightly at her friends; her skin was tan, which Shen Fei looked on with disdain until he noticed how it made her shine, made her different. He tore his gaze away and returned to glaring angrily at the direction of Xiao Ning'er, who he had already thought of as his.

Heyo! Hopefully you've enjoyed the chapter! Please tell me through a star and/or comment.

Have a nice day! :D