Chapter Four: Money Makes the World Spin

Shen Xiu was irate, to say the least, at the support for the twins. Instead continuing to insult and berate the twins directly, she praised a few of the more talented children in an attempt to reclaim the class' attention, "Continuing with my original lecture, the top student is Ye Ziyun: she has a cyan soul realm with a soul force of eight-six! The two runner-ups are Shen Chue and Xiao Ning'er: they both have a green soul realm with a soul force of seventy-eight! These three will definitely reach One-Star Boze Rank soon! Congratulations to them, the real talents!" Shen Xiu said happily. Her gaze was on the twins, who appeared unperturbed by her words. The other students, however, were astonished at all three of the young teenagers: Ye Ziyun, Shen Chue, and Xiao Ning'er.

The ordinary could only gape in amazement at these extraordinary beings. Nie Tai, however, was lost in thought. She knew the story of Xiao Ning'er: the beautiful redhead wearing an intricate pink dress with yellow trim. Her talent was second only to Ye Ziyun. In Nie Tai's previous life, Xiao Ning'er and Ye Ziyun were known as the younger generations Twin Gemini. Nie Tai would only watch from the shadows as these two continue to reach heights that she herself once considered to be out of her reach. Xiao Ning'er was very cold towards others and only focused on her cultivation. This may be because of her family's influence: the Winged-Dragon family was one of the seven noble families; however, it declined in recent years because of the suffocating Sacred Family.

The Winged-Dragon family, in order to gain the favor of one of the three Major families, had to force Xiao Ning'er into marrying Shen Fei, the elder brother of Shen Chue. Shen Fei was as arrogant as Shen Xiu and Shen Chue. He was also extremely possessive of Xiao Ning'er. Not to mention that he was also part of the domineering Sacred Family, who led to the decline of the Winged-Dragons in the first place. Xiao Ning'er, of course, refused to marry him and went into the St. Ancestral Mountain's Black Devil Forest. She never returned. The redhead's unnerving will both surprised and impressed Nie Tai. Nie Tai looked at Nie Li and it appeared that he was having the same thought process that she was. " In order to fully annihilate the Sacred Family, we will need allies. Xiao Ning'er talent and determination. We should help her in this timeline."

"The Fighter and Demon Spiritualist tests are in two months; as such, I have hope that there will be some that reach the starting point: One-Star Bronze Rank. If you succeed, you will be the pride of myself and the Holy Orchid Institute!" Shen Xiu stated happily.

It is common knowledge that each of the five ranks—Bronze, Silver, Gold, Black-Gold, and Legend—have five levels: One through Five Star levels to be exact. However, actually reaching the starting point is difficult but is a hurdle that all Demon Spiritualists and Fighters must cross. Usually, only those who've consumed elixirs from birth are able to cross this, so nobles are automatically more likely to achieve this sooner than commoners. Many of the lower-class students looked towards the three powerhouses after Shen Xiu finished speaking: Ye Ziyun, Xiao Ning'er, and Shen Chue.

Shen Chue, sensing the jealous and admiration filled gazes, had an unattractive arrogant expression on his face. He then turned that gaze towards Ye Ziyun; his eyes filled with lust for power and possessiveness of the young beauty. It was obvious that he considered himself above all others: Nie Tai, Nie Li, the commoners, and even other nobles. Ye Ziyun ignored him and instead met Xiao Ning'er's challenging gaze.

Ye Ziyun's eyes were filled with longing for friendship, but Xiao Ning'er only saw Ye Ziyun as a rival, an opponent, an obstacle to overcome.

Shen Xiu's voice drew the class' attention, "For those who claim that they can reach the starting point, let us see your true potential!" Her disdain and abhorrence shone brightly as she looked at the twins.