Chapter Six: Grabbing Life by Its Horns

The large gates of the Holy Orchid Institute Training Grounds stood tall and proud as Nie Li and Du Ze waited for Lu Piao and Nie Tai to bring the bolts and crossbows. Du Ze's face was filled with astonishment as he examined the large stone gates.

"They're s-so tall! This training ground was established by Ye Mo and the principal of the school, a Black-Gold Rank Demon Spiritualist. It's unbelievable." His voice trembled slightly with excitement.

Hearing noises behind them, Du Ze turned around and asked, "Lu Piao? Why are you so late..." He immediately seeing the expressionless Nie Tai and the decked out Lu Piao. Lu Piao was dressed in armor and an expensive straw hat.

Nie Li immediately shouted when seeing them, "Did I not say just crossbows and bolts? Why did you let him buy that sister?"

Lu Piao was laughing victoriously as Nie Tai explained seriously, "I got all of the bolts and crossbows at an extremely low price, so we had lots of money left. Lu Piao saw this ridiculous get-up and bought it. He can't haggle, so he spent all of the money on this cheap armor."

Lu Piao sombered immediately at her harsh words. He defensively said, "At least I'm not a monster when it comes to haggling. Watching you and that old man, I didn't know whether to cry or laugh!"

Du Ze shook his head at the antics of his friends. Smiling slightly, he said, "Let's just enter the training grounds and Lu Piao can put that armor into use."

Nie Li agreed, much to the dismay of Lu Piao, and said, "Seeing as we are all below Silver Rank, this "hunting ground" is extremely useful for us. The experts here in the city go out and capture low level demon beasts in order to keep this place stocked. Students like us can hunt those same beasts in order to obtain special materials in order to make money: fur, demon crystals, and even horns and talons," Nie Li paused and started walking to the side entrance. The group of three followed, "First we tell the guard that we are able to enter because we are students, then we go hunt horned ship. Be careful even though it's only a herbivore."

Some time later, Lu Piao was standing in front of a trap. He didn't have the armor he bought earlier for some reason. He was very nervous because the Horned Sheep aggressively protects its territory. They will immediately attack intruders, in this case it happens to be Lu Piao.

Meeting the gaze of the terrifying Horned Sheep, Lu Piao suddenly turned tail and ran as quickly as he could. Nie Tai sighed as she watched him, "You had one job. All you had to do was stand still."

Du Ze and Nie Li had looked of worry and disbelief respectively. Lu Piao screamed, "Oh my gosh! This Horned Sheep is terrifying! Kill it! Burn it! Something!"

Du Ze aimed his crossbow and lined up the shot. When firing the bolt, the sheep dodged it and caused the bolt to become buried in the ground.

"What! How could you miss! Why am I so unfortunate?" Lu Piao asked deliriously as he glanced behind him, which was another mistake. Seeing the Horned Sheep's deadly glare, he sped up screaming, "Aaaaaah! This thing seems to be angry! Kill it!"

"This is bad. Why now?" Du Ze asked Nie Li, who was sitting next to him. Du Ze quieted after seeing the boy's determined stare. Du Ze then glanced up a tree nearby, where the other twin was located. Nie Tai also held a crossbow and was waiting for a chance.

The Horned Sheep was getting continuously closer to the blue-haired male. Right before the Horned Sheep could strike Lu Piao, the twins pulled the trigger and two bolts danced through the air. The poor demon beast didn't stand a chance. It immediately collapsed and died from the double dosage of poison.