INSANE REALITY || Jerome Vale...

By lekirra018

"The mind is such a funny, dark and twisted place. I don't even trust my own demons." A girl named Melanie R... More

Insane Reality Trailer 1
Chapter One: Meeting The Broken Carousel
Chapter Two: Meeting the Wicked Witch of the West
Chapter Three: Bad Karma is a Bitch
Chapter Four: Drop Dead Mother
Chapter Five: Circus Brawl
Chapter Six: The Snake Dancer
Chapter Seven: Monsters Do Monstrous Things
Chapter Eight: The Interview With The Detective
Chapter Nine: Not The Last Goodbye
Chapter Ten: Insane Reality
Chapter Eleven: Broken Souls
Chapter Twelve: Damned If You Do
Chapter Thirteen: Dreams Turn Into Reality
Chapter Fourteen: A Touch To Crave
Chapter Fifteen: Fun Part
Chapter Sixteen: The End Of The Devil
Chapter Seventeen: Promises
Chaper Eighteen: Reunited With Him
Chapter Nineteen: Maniax
Chapter Twenty: Pretty In Red
Chapter Twenty One: Knock, Knock
Chapter Twenty Two: Lust For Love
Chapter Twenty Three: Pity Party
Chapter Twenty Four: Partners In Crime

Chapter Twenty Five (Last Chapter): The Last Laugh

331 14 2
By lekirra018

(THIS CHAPTER IS BASED ON SEASON TWO EPISODE THREE)

"Remember what we practiced?" Barbara asked as Melanie nods.

"Yeah of course." Melanie says as Barbara smiles at her.

"Great! And I think you look stunning in red, it brings out your eyes." Barbara says as Melanie smirks.

"Well, pink brings out your eyes also." Melanie says as Barbara smiles as she walks off. Jerome smiles as he sees his girl. "A beard doesn't really suit you, Jer." Melanie says as Jerome chuckles.

"It's fake doll. And my my, look at how beautiful you look." Jerome says looking up and down at her. "Red is truely your colour indeed." Jerome says as Melanie giggles.

"Now, I would kiss you but, ya know. Don't want to mess up the beard." Melanie explains as Jerome rolls his eyes at her.

"Yeah, whatever." Jerome says as Melanie laughs. "Did you know that Bruce Wayne will be here tonight?" Jerome asked as Melanie's eyes widen in shock.

"Bruce Wayne? The Bruce Wayne?" Melanie asked as he nods. "Jeez." Melanie says as Jerome laughs.

"Yep, and Theo says that we should kill him. And other stuff, spoiler alert." Jerome says as Melanie playfully frowns as she smiles. "Oh, and you'll be singing for a little while." Jerome says as Melanie smirks.

"Oh, really?" Melanie asked as Jerome nods.

"Yep."

"And what is my alias?" Melanie asked as Jerome smirks.

"Lana Grace." Jerome says as Melanie smiles.

~*~*~

"Good evening. I am Dr. Lee Thompkins. I've had the honour of being part of the Children's Hospital. Thank you for your support, and thank you so much for coming out tonight. First up we have the talented Lana Grace." Lee calls out.

Melanie smirks as she wears different clothing. A long red dress covering her legs, beautifully I should say. She wears a brunette wig, to keep her identity safe.

She walks towards the microphone, with a smile.

"Look at you kids with your vintage music. Comin' through satellites while crusin'. You're part of the past, but now you're the future. Signals crossing can get confusing."

"She sings beautifully." A woman from the crowd whispers.

"Amazing."

"It's enough just to make you feel crazy, crazy, crazy. Sometimes, it's enough just to make you feel crazy. You get ready, you get all dressed up. To go nowhere particular. Back to work, or the coffee shop. Doesn't matter 'cause it's enough. To be young and in love, to be young and in love."

"Beautiful." Jerome says with a smile on his lips.

"It's enough just to make me go crazy, crazy, crazy. It's enough just to make me go crazy."

"She's stunning." Bruce Wayne says as Alfred smiles.

"She surely is, master Bruce."

"I get ready, I get all dressed up. To go nowhere in particular. It doesn't matter if I'm not enough. For the future or the things to come. 'Cause I'm young and in love. I'm young and in love."

"Please, a round of applause for Lana Grace." Lee says as everyone cheers and claps for the young girl.

Melanie then goes behind the curtain, she gets out of her red dress to be in another dress. She pulls off the wig to see that he hair is still in place. She puts on her red mask as Barbara helps her.

"We've had magicians come and entertain our children. And so tonight, we have one of those magicians here for you. Without further ado, please allow me to present to you the Great Rudolpho." Lee announces.

Barbara and Melanie shows up next to each other, next to a box. Melanie and Barbara grabs each side of the door as they open it. But Jerome was not there. They stand next to the box, their hands up high in the air. Melanie and Barbara look in the box, they both gasp as they close the door.

Then they begin to think, they then open the door again and raise their arms high. Jerome was in there this time. He yawns as he walks out of the box.

"Ha! Ha!" Cheers Jerome. He walks up on stage as the girls close the door, then they follow him behind. "Greetings, Ladies and germs. I am indeed the Great Rudolpho. Pleas ogle my lovely two assistants." Jerome turns the attention to the girls, who starts to show themselves off.

Jerome laughs. He then pulls out a red cloth out of his pocket, he starts to play with it he then lifts it up, he pulls away the cloth to reveal a pink rose and a red rose. He gives the pink rose to Melanie and Barbara the red rose. They both smile as they smell the flower, Melanie puts the pink rose in Barbara's hair whilst Barbara puts the red rose in Melanie's hair.

Jerome starts to play with his red cloth again. He then lifts it up, then a dove comes to life. Melanie and Barbara raise their hands at the audience. Jerome lets the dove fly free into the air.

"For my first act, I'll require a volunteer. Let me see... Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, goose." Jerome then points to Bruce. Bruce stays there shocked.

"Go on, Master Bruce. Be a sport." Alfred encourages him. Melanie pulls out her hand, waiting for Bruce to take it. "Don't keep the lady waiting."

"Fine." Bruce then takes her hand, she then shows him off to the crowd of what she has. Melanie brings Bruce on stage.

"Hello, young man. Please." Jerome shows him the box that Bruce needs to get in. Melanie and Barbara shuts the box up so Bruce can't get out.

Melanie holds the neck piece as Barbara holds the bottom piece, they both hold it on at the same time. Jerome then pulls out a mirror wall.

"Does this handsome gentlemen have a name?" Ask Jerome, already knowing the answer, everyone knew who he is.

"Bruce." Bruce calls out.

"Bruce! Well, Bruce, this won't hurt a bit." Jerome says as he claps the two mirror pieces together. "Is there a doctor in the house?"

"No, just, excuse, just wait, wait, wait one second." Alfred calls out as he starts walking towards them. Jerome then pulls down the two mirror pieces. Then he pulls the box into two pieces having Bruce's body and the other having his legs. Melanie and Barbara turns the boxes around as everyone cheers.

"Give them a wave." Jerome says as Bruce waves to them. They open the box as Bruce gets out of the box. He waves to them as Barbara walks him down. "Some people say Bruce has a split personality."

"Very good, Master Bruce." Alfred says.

Barbara blows him a kiss as she walks up with Jerome and Melanie.

"For my next illusion, I'd like to call to the stage esteemed Deputy Mayor Harrison Kane." Barbara and Melanie walks over towards him as they grab both of his hand and walks him to the stage.

"Is there something familiar to you about those three?" Lee asked as Alfred shrugs.

Barbara pushes a table as Melanie pulls the cloth off to reveal knives. A lot of knives, Melanie smirks. Barbara and Melanie bow down, as Barbara pulls off her mask, she winks at Lee.

"Oh, my god." Lee says in horror. Lee then gets out her phone as she starts to ring Jim.

"Lee, I was ab-" Before Jim could continue as Lee interrupts him.

"Jim, it's Barbara. She's here. And I think maybe Jerome and Melanie-" Lee then gets a cloth to cover her talking.

Jerome picks up a knife the perfect size. "By the way, nobody here is getting out alive." Jerome smiles, he then throws the knife at the Mayor's chest.

Everyone gasp, Melanie stifles her laughter.

"Whoo!" Barbara cheers.

Melanie and Jerome then starts to laugh. A waiter lifts a gun in the air as he shoots the roof.

"Ta-da!" Jerome laughs watching the chaotic scene.

"Hey, Jerome! I've got Lee's phone. Should we ring Jim?" Melanie asked, Jerome gasp as he grabs the phone, then he dials Jim.

"Lee, thank god. I've been-"

"Sorry, Jimmy, it's just little ole me. Hi." Melanie laughs. Jim frowns.

"Melanie."

Jerome then grabs the phone off of Melanie as he smiles. "Are you outside?" He then gasp, mockingly. "You are, aren't you." Jerome then laughs. "Oh, goody."

"I swear to god, if you've hurt her-"

"Breathe, James. I haven't touched a hair on your girlfriend's pretty head. See for yourself. This is live television after all." Jerome laughs, Jim can hear Melanie laughing in the background.

Jerome then laughs as he walks over towards Melanie. Melanie is tying Lee to the wheel. Her mask off, same with Barbara's.

"You son of a bitch." Jim says over the phone, he reached to a TV in a van, watching the whole scene.

"True. But not the point. Hey, let's talk about what I want. Oh, Melanie do you want anything?" Jerome asked as Melanie smirks.

"Hmm," Melanie starts to think. "Maybe, some cash, my brother dead oh and hi Jackie I know you're watching this you little piece of-" Jerome stops her mid way.

"Now, now, Melanie. We've got younger audiences here." Jerome says as Melanie giggles. "Excuse me." Jerome walks towards the camera as he clears his throat. "$47,000,000, a helicopter, obviously, the dry cleaning I left at Mr. Chang's, be careful, the man is a crook, and I don't know." Jerome gasp as he tries to think. "A pony." Jerome chuckles. "Uh, you got ten minutes or I start killing people. Remember, this is being broadcast to every home in Gotham, so, you know, don't let people die. Bye." Jerome then hangs up the phone as he begins to laugh.

Then, Jerome stands up straight looking over at Melanie. "I think that went well." Jerome says as Melanie nods.

"Sure did."

"Enough." Melanie, Barbara and Jerome turns to face the crowd. They are Theo standing up as he walks closer towards them. "You need to pack up your pathetic little sideshow and leave." Theo stands, Jerome smirks.

"Is that right?"

"It may be presumptuous to speak for all the citizens of Gotham, but we are sick of you. You're a small, vicious man with a pathetic need of attention." Theo says as he gets on stage, Jerome bows with a smile, Melanie giggles as Barbara smiles. "Enough, man. For god sakes, enough." Theo says bluntly.

Jerome walks up with a finger in the air. "I'm curious what your leverage is here, Mr..." Jerome says as Theo turns around to face the camera.

"Theo Galavan." Theo introduces himself.

"Well, Mr Theo Galavan." Jerome says in a deep voice, mocking him. "If you don't sit down, uh, I'm gonna shoot you in the face." Jerome says as he walks past Theo.

"I know there is some human decency left in you." Theo says as he stands up for the citizens that are hostages. "If you need to take a hostage, take me. But let these people go home. To their families, to their children." Theo says, Barbara then comes behind him as hits him over the head with a small sledge hammer.

"Boring." Barbara says as Melanie smiles.

"Right." Melanie says, then Jerome starts to laugh. "Oh! I have a fun idea!" Melanie says as she then walks into the crowd, she grabs a man in his mid fifty's as she brings him up to the stage. Melanie then grabs a apple as she places it on his head. Melanie smirks.

"Go right ahead, tiger." Melanie says as Jerome smiles.

"Hold very still." Jerome says as he inhales a deep breath, aiming his gun at the apple on the mans head. The man's eyes widen in fear, this could be his last stand. Jerome gasp. "I can't look." Jerome then covers his eyes, away from the man. "Someone tell me how it turns out." Jerome says, he then lowers the gun to the man's face. Jerome then pulls the trigger as water then spits out of the gun.

Melanie and Barbara laugh. Jerome frowns in anger.

"Damn." Jerome places the water gun down as he picks up another one. "Turn around." Jerome orders, as the man turns around. Jerome then shoots the apple into pieces.

Melanie and Barbara gasp.

"Whoo!" Barbara cheers.

"Amazing!" Melanie says as she claps. Jerome then blows his gun. He then looks at the audience to see that no one is clapping.

"Well, clap!" Jerome yells as everyone in the room starts to clap nervously. Jerome then laughs.

Barbara then turns to face Lee. "So, Lee, how's Jim doing? I hope he's not blaming himself for this whole 'Essen being killed' thing." Barbara says, Lee frowns.

"You are one crazy bitch." Lee says, Melanie then turns to face the two girls. She smirks watching Barbara. She walks over to the pair with a smile.

"You're so rude." Melanie says as Lee frowns at her.

"And you, you don't belong here. You're not insane unlike them, you have-"

"Blah, blah, blah! I don't care what pity thing you're going to say, because, really, I don't care." Melanie then starts to giggle.

"Melanie why are you doing this? I can get you help." Lee asked her as Melanie smirks.

"You see, Miss. Thompkins, the mind is such a funny, dark and twisted place. I don't even trust my own demons." Melanie then laughs, but not a laugh that Lee nor Barbara have heard. It was a chaotic laugh. Barbara smirks.

Barbara then presses a button as Lee starts to spin. "You know, I'm gonna... I'm gonna make a prediction." Barbara says as she watches Lee go upside down. "Within a year, Jim and I will be back together. Wanna know why? Because we're both the same. We both have a dark side. And one day, we will tell our grandchildren about how this man-eating harpy almost tore us apart. But in the end, Love conquered all." Barbara chuckles as she spins in a circle.

Lee gasp. "You're...." She then grunts.

Barbara leans in to hear her more clearly. "I'm sorry, what's that?" Barbara asked, Lee then kicks her. Melanie quickly walks over as she holds Barbara's hand, to prevent her from stabbing Lee.

"Hasn't been ten minutes." Melanie then takes the knife away from Barbara. "We need to buy you a watch." Melanie says as she walks over towards Jerome, Barbara then punches her in the face. Melanie shakes her head.

"Well, I think it's time for tonight's first official victim." Jerome says loudly. "You all know and love. Poor rich boy, parents murdered in an alley, and my favourite volunteer. Where is Bruce Wayne?" Jerome asked the audience, he searches for him in the crowd but no luck.

"Hmm, seems like he's hiding, Jer." Melanie says as Jerome smirks.

"You know I'm an orphan too, Bruce? I killed my parents, though." Jerome says. "Where are you hiding?" Jerome asked in a frustrated voice. Jerome then walks down to the floor. "Bruce!" Jerome yells into the microphone. "Where are you, buddy?" Jerome asked to see no sight of the boy.

"Kill his butler." Melanie suggests as Jerome smirks, he then waves his arm meaning to bring him up.

The henchmen brings him over. Jerome loads his gun.

"All right, last chance, Bruce, but it's about to get very butler-brainy out here." Jerome says luring him out.

But what the three maniacs didn't know that Jim has arrived inside of the building, he also happens to be with Bruce Wayne.

"Brucey!" Jerome teases in the microphone. Jerome then gives up. "I'm bored. Shoot the butler." Jerome then starts to walk off. Melanie smirks.

"With pleasure." She says as she aims her knife at Alfred's head.

"STOP!" Jerome turns to face Bruce running through the crowd. Jerome chuckles, he then walks over towards Bruce.

Bruce is very close to Alfred, he then starts to whisper. Jerome then pulls Bruce away as he smiles.

"Let's get this started, huh?" Jerome says moving back, he then looks on his right as he points. "You, check behind the curtain. Make sure no one's playing silly buggers." Jerome then laughs.

Then a gunshot was fired, behind the curtain, to reveal Detective Jim Gordon. Alfred then punches a guy in the face as he drops. Jim then firing all of the henchmen. Jerome holds a knife against Bruce's neck. Alfred and Jim aiming a gun at Jerome.

"Drop the knife!" Jim orders as Jerome laughs. "I don't have a clean shot."

"Stay calm Bruce." Alfred says. Bruce's neck starts to drop out blood.

"It seems like we've got ourselves a pickle. What do you say, Brucey boy? Wanna boost our ratings, huh?" Jerome laughs. "Smile." Jerome keeps laughing.

"I said enough." Theo says, behind Jerome. Jerome lets Bruce go as he turns to face Theo. Then the unexpected thing happens, Theo stabs Jerome with a knife in Jerome's neck.

The sudden realisation hits Melanie hard. Her eyes widen in fear, it was like slow motion. "NO!" Melanie screams as sadness and anger boils through her veins. She then looks over at Jim and the butler, she has to go, she doesn't want to go back with Theo, not now. She then runs towards the curtain, she knew about the escape.

"Don't let her escape!" Jim calls out as he chases Melanie. She runs as fast as she could, she throws her high heels off to get better speed. Tears escaping her eyes, she only just gotten him back.

She runs down the stairs as she jumps through the window, Jim following her behind.

She then makes it out of the party she then starts to run into a alleyway, away from all of this.

Jim comes behind, he looks at what possible ways she could have gone, but he lost her.

~*~*~
Melanie Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska, Harvey Bullock, Jim Gordon, Barbara Kean and Theo Galavan belongs to Gotham Fox/DC COMICS

That's all for this book, part two will be arriving soon! Maybe I can publish Melanie's brother Jack Reed's book? But I hope that you enjoyed this part of the book and part two will be here I don't know but not for some quite time. But thank you for reading this far! I hope you liked Melanie and my other characters.
If you like you can read Drop Dead Reality which is a similar book but based on later (Jerome is still alive instead of Jeremiah too) time like when Melanie's older.
Sorry for any mistakes whilst reading this. I'll try to fix them when I have the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 10.1K 62
What would happen if the Joker turned a four year old girl into a loyal and merciless killer? Joker meets a little girl on the street and she asks if...
19.5K 710 63
Elsie Valeska nee Daniels had learned a lot about people and life since she first met Jerome Valeska at Hayley's circus when she was 15. Being 're...
10.9K 279 67
A lonely young women's life changes the very night of Murray Franklin's murder, on live television and it is a change that her heart will never forg...
51.4K 1.1K 21
(Currently being rewritten) Jeremiah Valeska and Y/n. Inseparable, always finding a way back to one another. However with the looming threat of Jerom...