24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

57

136K 3.5K 7.7K
By cliffordpunkrock

happy update!

and also, Happy New Year! Let's hope 2018 is better than 2017!!

enjoy the chapter :)

Harry and I slipped back into the crowd downstairs right as my parents were making a toast. I went to stand by Jamie who gave me a suspicious look, Harry a bit away from me to look as though we hadn't just snuck back in from having sex.

"Where were you?" Jamie leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"Upstairs. Did they notice?"

"Your mom asked where you were and I said in the bathroom."

"Thanks."

"You smell like his cologne."

"Shut up."

I looked back at my parents who were standing by the tree, everyone else gathered in a half circle around them, Mila in my dads arms.

"Emma." My moms eyes landed on me, and she smiled and waved me forward, so I moved through the crowd to join them.

"Well, I know that this year has been filled with trials and tribulations, and for my first year in office i've been shot at more times than any other president." My dad began his toast with a laugh. "But I am so happy to be standing in front of you today with my family, all of us healthy and well, and ready to take on these next three years with pride. Thank you all for the wonderful work you've done this year, and here's to many more. Merry Christmas everyone!"

He raised his glass in the air, and so did everyone else.

"Merry Christmas!" Everyone else said back to him.

The party died down at this point, and as people began to leave I had to tell them goodbye and thank them for celebrating with us.

When I walked back into the living room after the last guest left I saw Mila asleep on one of the couches.

My mom carried Mila up to bed, the rest of us staying downstairs to enjoy the christmas decorations. Jamie sat between Harry and I to make things less suspicious in case my parents suspected something.

When my mom came back downstairs she sat next to my dad and looked at him, my dad nodding at her.

"So we have something to tell you guys." My dad said and we all looked at them.

"We've been talking with Gran and Lisa, and due to all of the circumstances surrounding these last few months and Grans hip injury, we have come to the decision that Mila is going to move into the White House with us after the new year." My mom said.

"That's great!" We all smiled.

"I'm going to scale back on some of my duties so I can be with her and get her settled into her new home life, and we have found a new montessori school for her to go to." My mom added. "But the reason we're telling you now is because we are going to tell Mila on Christmas morning."

"I think that will be so sweet." I smiled. "She's going to be so excited."

"So one of her gifts is a picture of the White House, and when she opens it we're going to explain it to her."

The next day was filled with more decorating, cooking and baking, present wrapping, gingerbread house decorating, and lots of eating.

Mila was so excited that Santa was coming that night it was all she could talk about.

"I wish I could have her sense of wonder again." I said to Harry as we we decorating cookies. "I miss believing in all of that magic."

"You actually once believed in Santa?" He asked me.

"You didn't?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No." He shook his head.

Harry really did not have a childhood, and that broke my heart. He never got to experience the things most children do.

That evening everyone gathered in the living room to watch The Polar Express, everyone with a cup of hot chocolate.

Harry was beside me, a cup of hot chocolate in one hand, Mila between us and leaning into his side.

When the movie was over, Mila and I made a plate of cookies and a glass of milk and set them on the small end-table by the tree.

"Are you excited for Santa?" I asked her and she nodded eagerly.

"What did you ask for from Santa?" Harry asked her as he bent down beside her.

"Barbie car." She smiled at him.

"Wow. That's a nice present."

"Mhmm." She nodded.

"What else did you ask for?"

Mila looked at us before moving to Harry and covering her mouth as she whispered something in his ear. I watched as his face fell a little but when she spoke and then moved back.

"Ah, I see." He said.

"Mila, sweetheart, it's bed time." My mom said.

"No." Mila whined, a pout coming to her lips.

"But you have to go to sleep if you want Santa to bring you your presents." My dad reminded her and she nodded with wide eyes.

"So come on. Let's get you to bed." He picked her up, Mila hanging onto his neck.

"Night, Mils." I called at her.

"Goodnight, Mila." Harry said as well, Mila waving at him over my dads shoulder.

Once they were up the stairs and turned the corner I looked at Harry.

"What did she tell you?"

"She said she wanted a mommy and daddy for Christmas." He said with a sad smile.

My mom put her hand over her heart and sighed.

"Poor baby." She frowned.

"She's so sweet." I said and everyone nodded in agreement. "I'll go make sure she stays in bed."

I went upstairs after saying goodnight to my mom, Jamie and Harry following me.

When we got to my room my dad was just leaving.

"She just fell asleep." He whispered.

"Okay." I nodded before he left.

Jamie patted my shoulder before leaving me alone with Harry.

"You good?" He asked.

"Yeah i'm fine." I gave a little grimace. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Get some sleep, Princess." He leaned in and kissed my lips.

"You too." I smiled as he walked off to his room, giving me a small wave.

Going inside my room, Mila was asleep with her thumb in her mouth, and I took off my slippers before getting into the bed beside her.

In her sleep she rolled over towards me and cuddled into my side.

My eyes flew open as a small body pounced on me.

"Wemmy! Santa came to visit! Santa came to visit!"

"Hmm. Oh." I yawned as I sat up.

"Get up! Get up!" She shook me before jumping out of the bed and running out of the room.

I heard her run to Jamie's room as I got up and put on my slippers and quickly put on a bra under my shirt.

When I walked into the hall Mila came running out of Jamie's room and then down the hall to Harry's.

I followed her down there and as I walked I head an "Oof, Mila!" from Harry.

"Santa was here! Santa was here!" She was sitting on his chest when I walked in. "Hawwy, get up!"

"Okay, okay." He groaned in a sleepy voice.

Mila jumped off of him and ran past me down the hall again.

Harry whined and then turned over in the bed, throwing the blankets over his head.

"Harry, wake up. Santa came to visit." I sang and he moved his hand out from under the comforter to flip me off.

I giggled.

He sighed before getting up, his hair everywhere.

"Nice hair." I commented as he put on some socks.

"Shut up." He mumbled as he walked around the bed to me, his arm coming around my shoulders as we walked down the hall, running into Jamie who was leaving his room too.

Mila was waiting at the top of the stairs for us, bouncing up and down and once we got to her she ran down the stairs at top speed.

We followed at a slower pace, entering the living room where my parents, Gran, and Aunt Lisa were waiting for us on the sofas surrounding the tree that had mountains of presents beneath it.

Right in front of the presents was a pink and purple barbie jeep and Mila screamed in excitement when she saw it.

Everyone laughed, Mila climbing inside it.

"I got barbie car!" She exclaimed, honking the little horn on it.

I went to sit on the floor beside her while she fawned over it.

My mom then got up to pass out the presents.

"Here's one for Harry." She said as she set a box in front of him and I saw his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Me?" He asked.

"Of course. You didn't think you wouldn't have any presents now did you?" She smiled at him. "It's Christmas."

"Thank you." He said, looking surprised.

"I told you Santa came to visit." I said to him and he bit his lip as he shook his head.

By the time all of the presents had been passed out Harry had his own stack of several gifts.

Everyone then began to open the gifts in their stack, Harry doing the same.

My gifts mostly consisted of clothes, purses, jewellery, and shoes.

After fawning over a pair of Jimmy Choo's, I looked over at Harry to see what he had gotten. In front of him was a DvD collection of all of the seasons of NCIS, some books, what looked like a pocket knife, and nice watch.

Mila had the most gifts out of anyone, and could probably fill the trunk of our SUV with all of her toys even without the barbie car.

"You are almost out of room in your closet, where are you possibly going to put those clothes?" Harry asked.

"Do you have any room in your closet?" I smirked at him and he laughed.

"Yeah, right."

As I was smiling at him my mom stood up with another present in her hand.

"Okay, Mila, you have one more gift to open." She said and gave Mila the small package to which the little girl tore the paper off of to reveal a picture frame with a photo of the White House in it.

"Big house!" She held it up.

"I know, that's the big house." My mom smiled at her. "Do you know what this means?"

Mila shook her head no.

"It means that you are going to come live with Uncle Blake and I at the White House."

Mila's jaw dropped.

"How does that sound, Mila?" My dad asked her. "You can come live with us and see Lion and Tiger whenever you want."

"I want to! I want to!" Mila began to jump up and down, everyone jubilant over the fact that Mila was so excited and accepting of this big change that was going to happen in her life, but it was for her best interest.

After watching Mila play with her gifts for a while, we had lunch together, and then I got dressed so I could take Mila out for the Disney on Ice show.

Mila had to take a nap which she was not pleased about, but once she was up and dressed I went downstairs where Harry, Jamie, and my dad were all in front of the television watching a football game.

"Hey, Mils and I are about to go." I announced as we walked down the stairs.

"The car should be waiting for you." My dad said as he stood up.

"Great."

Harry stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"The ice skating show with Mila."

"I didn't set up a security detail." He shook his head. "I can go change really quickly."

"It's already taken care of." My dad clapped Harry on the shoulder. "No need to change clothes, you can stay here and watch the game with us."

Harry looked uncomfortable.

"I'm just going to change purses." I said and went to get one of my new handbags that was in the other room.

I heard Harry follow me and as I opened up the new bag he stepped up beside me.

"I'm not comfortable with this." He said, his arms crossing over his chest.

"I'm going to be fine, Harry." I said. "We're going to a show."

"We got hit by a car going to get ice cream and shot at at a charity event, so do you understand why I don't trust you going to events at the simplest of places. Especially without me there. And you have Mila. So, no. I don't want you going. And I don't want her going."

"I've had the tickets for months and Mila is so excited to go. I'm going. If you want to go make your own security arrangements so you feel better then go ahead but i'm taking Mila, and that's final." I stood my ground with him.

He stalked out of the room and I shook my head, moving everything from one purse to the one I was taking with me before walking out to the main room to get Mila.

Out the front window I could see Harry talking very seriously with the agents there, but I instead told my parents goodbye and picked up Mila before carrying her out to the car.

"Can we leave now? We're going to be late." I said to him.

He then turned around from the agent he was talking to and pulled me aside.

"Do you have your pager on you?" He asked me.

"Yes." I sighed.

"Phone?"

"Yes."

"If someone so much as looks at you the wrong way I want you to page me, do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Don't do anything stupid. Don't go anywhere without an agent ten inches off your heels and if there isn't an agent that close you page me and i'll make it happen."

"Yes, Sir." I said and he gave me a firm look before I took Mila to the car to put her in the car seat.

"Don't take your eyes off Emma for a second. She's prone to going off and doing her own thing. And I swear to God if either of them come back with so much as a paper cut I will make sure you will be fired. Do I make myself clear?" I heard Harry talking to the agents but I just shook my head as I got into the car.

One of them came to shut the door while the other got in the drivers seat, and as the door closed I looked to see Harry standing there on the front steps watching.

He stayed there until we pulled away from the drive, and soon he was out of sight.

Mila held my hand the entire car ride to the stadium, and when we got out of the car I carried her inside, the guards right on my heels like Harry had instructed them to be.

They escorted us to our seats and I sent one to get us snacks and drinks. Mila was bouncing in her seat she was so excited, and after taking a sip of her juice and took a bite of cotton candy, the lights went off and the show began.

Every time a different character skated out on the ice Mila freaked out in excitement, calling out their names, plus singing and dancing to the music. And I wasn't ashamed to sing and dance with her.

That's why I loved taking her here because she and I were able to just let loose and have fun.

When the show was over Mila and I spent time at the tables buying merchandise, probably too much of it, and then were escorted back to our car.

When we got inside the vehicle I dug around in my purse for my phone and sent Harry and text that we were on our way back.

Mila was playing with her light up toys the entire car ride back, and when we got to the house I got out and was walking around the car to get her when I heard a thump and then loud wailing.

I ran around to see Mila on the concrete as the agent who must have opened her door moved down to check on her.

"Mila!" I sprinted to her and turned her over to see her hands and knees scrapped and bleeding. "What happened?" I asked the guy.

"I opened the door and she just fell out." He look petrified.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!"

My head shot up at the booming sound of Harry's voice and I looked to see him jogging down the steps, his face angry.

"She fell out of the car." I said calmly as he approached, Mila reaching for me as I picked her up to comfort her.

"I told you not a scratch on them!" Harry stormed up to the guy but it wasn't the poor guys fault.

"Hey! He didn't do anything wrong. Calm down. It was an accident." I placed my hand on his chest to push him back.

Harry glared at the guy, giving him a look that scared even me.

"Hawwy!" Mila then sobbed and he looked at her before his jaw unclenched and his eyes softened.

He took her from me before turning to go in the house as I followed him.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" My mom hurried towards us when we walked in the house with Mila crying her eyes out.

I explained what happened as everyone else came to see what was going on, but Harry just kept going until he got to the bathroom where he set Mila on the counter.

"Do you have a first aid kit?" He asked my mom and she went to go get one while my dad came in to settle Mila's tears while Harry wet a towel under the faucet and began to clean the blood off her hands and knees.

My mom came in with the first aid kit and once she was cleaned up Harry put some ointment on the spots before covering them with bandaids.

"Does that feel better?" He asked her and she nodded up at him.

My parents then whisked Mila away to the kitchen to give her some ice cream to cheer her up, and the moment everyone but me had left Harry got mad again.

"He should've caught her." Harry seethed.

"It was an accident, Harry." I said. "She's going to be okay. That guy felt so bad about it."

He shook his head.

"If I was there that wouldn't have happened."

"It would've happened no matter what. Little kids get hurt, that's just what happens, but it's just a few scrapes. She'll survive."

He was still obviously upset about it so I just left the room as to not make it worse.

When I got to the kitchen Gran was pouring chocolate syrup over a bowl of ice cream for Mila who was sitting at the counter, and I moved towards Jamie who was leaning against the counter.

As we stood there watching the parents take care of Mila, I saw Harry walk in with his phone in his hand, a weird look on his face as his eyes met mine.

"What?" I asked him, this causing everyone to look towards him.

"I just got a call from campus security. Someone just broke into our apartment." He said and my eyes went wide.

I hadn't been expecting that.

you know I couldn't hold off on the drama for long ;)

and sorry it took so long to update! I had family over and I had no time to write.

anyways! I hope you all had an amazing start to the new year!

So I have a proposition for you guys: IF you post about 24/7 on any other social media platform, send me a pic of your post and i'll give you a clue on the RR. this will only be redeemable ONCE because I will only give you ONE clue!!!!

(email it to ensliedarling@yahoo.com)

i'll update soon!

much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1.5K 41
DUALITY - the sequel to IT'S YOU! [Mature] *Please note: There will be spoilers for the first book from below onwards... You don't necessarily need t...
2.3K 142 45
Harper Lee Richards is in New York City for a friends bachelorette party weekend trip. What was supposed to be a fun, carefree girls trip turned into...
48.5K 902 30
WHEN POWER MEETS INNOCENCES Harry styles a mafia king, Louis a innocent boy who has suffered dearly at his fathers hands, what happens when the all...
401 50 47
Lucy Caddel, a 21 year old born in Silver Spring, Maryland. Working in cybersecurity, she accidentally stumbles across a secret mission from links to...