Hayden

By PreciousT_

"Get your hands off me!" I yelled in his face. He had a firm grip on my arm and being the woman that I was, I... More

Red.
Indigo.
Blue-Green.
Yellow.
Magenta.
Orange.
Grey.
Beige.
Burgundy.
Navy Blue.
Turquoise.
Purple.
Pink.
Teal.
•Clarifying Chapter•
Green.
Olive Green.
ALANA.
Brown.
Silver, part 1.
Silver, part 2.
Baby Blue.
White, part 1.
White, part 2.
White, part 3.
Lavender.
Not an update.
Cream.
Red (again).
Lilac.
Periwinkle.
Charcoal.
Sky Blue.
Epilogue| Gold.
Bonus Chapter.
The Switch Up

Ivory.

4.3K 168 52
By PreciousT_

December...

"Kyree this is cool," I said as I looked around the spacious room we were in. It was Kyree's home theater and it was big as shit. It looked like a real theater.

"You think so?" He asked as he followed me down the steps. There were popcorn machines, chairs, and a big ass screen.

"Yeah. It feels like home in here," I told him. The floors were carpeted, the seats were made of cushion, and the nigga even provided blankets. Overall, it was cute and a perfect place to spend some time with each other.

"I'm glad you like it baby. Now, what movie you wanna watch?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Titanic?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips.

Kyree made a face. "Hell no I ain't watching that gay shit."

I rolled my eyes. "So what do you propose we watch?"

"Anything. Just no romance or lovey dovey shit," he told me.

"Oh, you wanna watch some gangsta shit huh?" I asked with a smirk.

Kyree smiled as he nodded his head up and down. "Or, we could make our own movie if you feeling freaky enough." He gripped my ass and lifted me so that my legs wrapped around him. My hands were wrapped around his neck as I looked down at him. His lips were suckable, his chest was lickable, and his dick was rideable.

I made a face as if I were really taking what he said into consideration. Then, I shook my head. "I don't know. After the movie, maybe you could try to convince me."

"Oh, that's the easy part. You just better be ready for the way imma put it down after the movie." He kissed my lips and then my neck before setting me down.

"Anyways, I wanna watch Menace II Society," I said.

"That's my shit. What you know about that?" He asked with a laugh.

I sucked my teeth. "Boy please. I know all the fuckin' movies. Ya girl ain't all about the romance. I'm hood too baby. West side," I said, throwing up the sign. I then started crip walking on my Snoop Dogg shit. Kyree just laughed at me and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"A'ight killer. Don't hurt em," Kyree said as he found the movie. I took it upon myself to start making the popcorn. By the time the movie came on, the popcorn was finished. I grabbed two bags and put some popcorn in them for us. I looked up to see Kyree pat the seat next to him.

"Come sit down next to me," he said before biting his lip.

I blushed but made my way over to sit next to him with the popcorn in my hands. He took one of the bags from me and made sure I was good after I sat down. My attention was then on the movie.

***

By the time the movie was over, me and Kyree had laid back the reclining seats and fallen asleep. But of course that didn't last too long. I heard a phone ringing in the distance but I didn't want to move. I don't even know which one of our phones were ringing anyways.

"Kyree," I mumbled as I turned my head on his chest.

"Ignore it," he mumbled back.

"I would if the person would stop calling," I said as I opened my eyes. I felt Kyree shift under me so I sat up. I took the blanket off him and turned over.

"I'll be right back baby," he said before kissing my cheek and going to get his phone. I mumbled okay and closed my eyes.

I was slowly drifting back to sleep but I heard a phone ringing again. I opened my eyes, annoyed as fuck at this point. I was annoyed because I knew that it was my phone this time. I got up to look in my coat pocket where I found my phone. Looking at the screen, it was him.

"Yo," I said as I scratched my weave.

"Hayden? I need you," he said to me.

I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean? What happened?" I asked him.

"I just need somebody to talk to. Can you meet me somewhere?"

I thought about it. I was a little hesitant because what the fuck. Was this even appropriate? The man was getting married soon.

"You don't wanna just talk over the phone? Is it necessary to meet up?" I asked.

"I don't wanna discuss this over the phone. But, it's okay if you don't want to. My fault," he said.

I looked up to see if Kyree was coming as I thought about what I was about to do.

"I'll talk to you later then," I heard him say.

"Javon, wait..."

"Wassup?" He said.

I bit my lip and put my hand on my forehead as I shook my head. "Where you wanna meet?"

"At Applebees. We could sit at the bar and talk," He told me.

"Okay. I'll meet you there in like thirty minutes." I then hung up the phone as I leaned down to put on my Ugg boot. I had put my hat on my head then my sweater.

I heard a noise and looked up to see Kyree. He was dressed with his coat on. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Where you going?" He asked in curiosity.

"I should be asking you the same question," I responded.

"I got a call. I gotta go. Now, where the fuck are you going?" He asked again.

"I got a call too," I said with my arms folded.

"So, you was just gon' leave and not tell me?"

I sucked my teeth and then rolled my eyes. "Child please. I ain't got nothing to hide. I was gonna tell you I was leaving."

Kyree had backed me up against one of the walls in the theater. I was aware of his scent and the way he looked down at me. It was turning me on.

"Who you talking to?" I heard him ask.

Looking into his eyes. I gave him the answer he probably wasn't expecting. "You."

He leaned down and kissed my neck. I moaned and reached down so I could grip his dick. Before I could get to my destination, I heard a phone ring. Judging by his stilled movements, it was his. I shook my head and kissed his lips. "Answer it. I'll call you later baby."

Kyree pulled me to him and kissed me passionately. His lips moved over mine before he bit and sucked my top and then bottom lip. He then pulled away and spoke.

"I'll make this up to you, I promise."

I nodded my head. "Okay. I'll see you later." With that, I made sure I had my stuff before getting in my car and leaving to go meet Javon. I felt bad for not just telling him where I was going but he didn't tell me where he was going either. It's not like he actually needed to tell me. We were still dating. We were not boyfriend and girlfriend. Being realistic, it wasn't really an obligation. I would just cross that bridge when or if we got there.

***

I walked into the Applebees and gave my name to the hostess. She picked up a menu and walked me over to where Javon was sitting. We were in a booth.

"Thank you so much," I said with a smile as I started taking off my coat.

"You're welcome. I'll be back shortly. Do you want anything to drink or are you good for now?" The waitress asked me.

"Oh, can I get a coke with a little bit of ice?"

"Will that be all?" She asked as she made a note of what I wanted.

I nodded my head.

"Sir, would you like another beer?" She asked Javon.

He nodded his head too. She told us she'd be back before walking away.

I rubbed my hands together before looking at Javon. "You good? You look like you lost your best friend," I said to him. I wasn't lying. Javon always smiled and laughed. He was always joking around and being annoying. So to see him look so... down was just weird.

He smirked and shook his head. "I'm good."

"You sure Javon?" I asked him. I knew him for this long. I knew he wasn't telling the truth. I was gonna ask again but if he wasn't ready to talk, I wouldn't press for information.

"Yeah. What you gonna order?" He asked, changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes and scanned the menu. Eventually the waitress came back over to take our orders and went on her merrily way again. When the food came, we ate in silence for a minute before talking about work, our families, and everything else besides the reason why he actually called me over. When we were almost done eating, I took it upon myself to say something.

"Javon?" I said as I looked at his head that was down.

"Wassup?" He said as he picked his head up and looked at me.

"What's going on? You said you needed me so I know we didn't come here just to eat," I said. I then sat my chin on one of my hands.

Javon took a deep breath and spoke. "I just... I just can't believe I'm about to get married in two weeks."

I raised my eyebrow at him and then put it down. "Well, you proposed. She said yes and y'all set the date."

He laughed at what I said. "Yeah, I know."

"So you're in shock that you're getting married or something?" I asked him.

He shook his head. Javon paused for a minute before talking again. "Can I keep it a buck wit you?"

I folded my arms across my chest. "I wouldn't expect anything less. Speak ya mind baby boy."

"I'm scared."

I smirked at him. "Oh so the Javon Wallace a little pussycat huh? Who would've thought?" I said, joking with him.

Javon laughed. "Shut up. But nah, I'm dead ass. I feel like imma fuck this up in some way."

"Why do you think that? Are you cheating?" I asked him. I doubted it so I knew that wasn't why he would fuck up his relationship.

When he didn't answer me, I had to ask again.

"Are you cheating?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I just, I don't know man. I just feel like I'm gonna hurt her. That's not my intentions but I know I'm going to."

"Well, why do you feel that way?" I asked. It just wasn't making any sense but without questions, I wouldn't get any answers. "If you are committed, loving, and honest with her, you should be okay. Those are the basis of a relationship. We were in one before so I know you'll be okay. And your marriage is gonna be amazing."

Javon was silent for a few minutes. I let him take the time to gather his thoughts because it seemed like he was lost in them.

"I can't explain it Hayden. Well, at least not to you anyways. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. I feel out of my element. I love Vanessa, don't get me wrong, but something is missing. I don't know what that something is but it's missing," he said, not even looking at me. He was looking down. He then rubbed his hands over his face in frustration.

"Do you have a clue what that something is?" I asked in genuine curiosity.

"I think I'm starting to-" he said before stopping.

"Starting to what?" I asked, encouraging him to speak his mind.

"Nothing. Just forget it. How you and Kyree doing?" He asked me.

I stared at him for a minute. Here he went again with the whole changing the subject thing. I don't know why he was doing it. Lately I ain't understand any of the shit Javon been doing. It's like he was losing his mind or something.

"We're good."

"Y'all still dating or y'all together for real now?" He asked.

I shook my head. "We're still dating."

"So the nigga hittin' but you won't be his girl?"

I laughed. "Yeah but we never discussed taking it further than dating. I don't know if we ready yet."

"Why not? I would've been put you on lock if- never mind. Just talk to him. Maybe he ready," Javon said, taking a sip from his beer. I just nodded my head at what he told me. We would have that discussion when I knew whether or not I was ready to take on another person's feelings. For now, we were good.

I was about to ask Javon a question but his phone started ringing. He looked at it before saying it was Vanessa.

"Answer it," I said. He hit the green button and answered it. I sipped my drink and looked around the Applebees. There were several people here tonight. It was starting to get crowded and I was glad me and Javon didn't have to wait to be seated like the others who were still standing near the hostess desk.

"Wassup baby?" I heard him say into the phone.

I picked up my phone and unlocked it so that I wasn't listening to his conversation with Vanessa. I saw that I had a text from Armani asking could I watch Karter tomorrow night. Of course I told her yes. I then texted my father to tell him I loved him. I haven't spoken to him in a few days. I made a mental note to call him when I left or in the morning.

"Okay. I love you," Javon said. I glanced up to stare at him and he stared at me back.

"Alright. I'll see you at home," he said before hanging up. He put his phone down and grabbed his beer, never taking his eyes off me.

"You got a staring problem?" I asked while folding my arms.

He finished the beer and set the empty bottle down. "If I have one then you got one too 'cause you was staring at me first."

"Boy bye. There's no reason for me to look at you," I responded.

"Obviously there was and I know what it was," he replied.

"And what was it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Javon licked his thumb and wiped his left eyebrow. "Because you couldn't resist the sexiness."

I gave him a look and started laughing. "You crazy."

"It's true," he said while laughing with me.

"Man whatever. Look, I gotta get home. I'm opening the bakery tomorrow morning," I said.

"Why you opening the bakery? Don't you have managers and stuff assigned to do that for you?" He asked.

"Of course. But, I gotta be involved. I can't just open up a business and not be there. I gotta make sure everything running smoothly. Plus, I got nothing better to do."

"I feel you," Javon said.

"Here's your check. Thank you for eating here and I hope you enjoyed your stay," our waitress said to us with a smile.

When she walked off, I looked at the bill and gave it to Javon to look at. I opened my purse to get my wallet before hearing my name.

"Hayden?"

I looked at the source and it was Javon. "Wassup?"

"What you doing?" He asked me.

I scrunched up my eyebrows. "Getting some money to pay half of this bill." Like, what the fuck did he think I was doing?

"Put your money away. I got it," he told me as he reached into his pocket.

"Javon I-"

"I don't wanna hear it. I said I got it so I got it. I'm the one who asked you out anyways." He set an hundred dollar bill in the checkbook.

"You sure?" I asked. We both weren't concerned about money because we both had it. We both had our own businesses and we made a lot. I just didn't want him to feel like he had to... even though I'm sure he didn't feel that way.

"Yeah. Now, let's go."

I nodded my head. "Hold on. Let me go pee first." I scooted out the booth so I could go to the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom and found an empty stall. I relieved myself and flushed the toilet. I then stepped out the stall to go wash my hands. I took a look at myself in the mirror and saw that I had ketchup on the side of my mouth. I laughed as I wiped it off, thinking about Javon. For some reason, whenever we went out to eat, I would always pee before we left. Before I left the bathroom, I always noticed that I had some type of condiment on my mouth. If it wasn't ketchup, it was barbecue sauce or honey mustard or something.

I left the bathroom and went back to the table.

"I see you saw the ketchup on the side of your mouth," Javon said.

I rolled my eyes. "Mhm. Thanks for telling me it was there," I said sarcastically. He laughed as we left the Applebees.

"Thanks for listening," he said.

I smiled. "Of course. I'm always here."

"I know." He stared at me. I stared back but ruined the moment by dropping my car keys on the parking lot floor. Javon laughed and picked them up for me.

"I'll see you later," he said, handing me my keys. Our fingers touched but we didn't say a word. We just brushed it off. Well, I'm sure he brushed it off. I wouldn't forget that little gesture.

"Yeah. See you later." I waved and got in my car before drinking off.

***

When I got home, it was to an empty house. Justice and Aaliyah would be arriving tomorrow or the day after for their Christmas break. I took my Uggs off at the door and set them aside. I then hung my coat up. I had to go upstairs to lay down because my stomach was on tilt from that food I ate.

Getting upstairs, I plopped down on my bed and put my phone on the nightstand. I was about to take off my stuff when I saw the package I had got from my bakery last month. I haven't watched the CD yet but at 11:00 in the night, I suddenly felt like I should watch it now. I went in my closet to take out the old radio I haven't used since I was about nineteen years old. I blew hard and watched the dust particles fly off this shit.

I sneezed and turned it on. I unwrapped the CD and put it into the radio. I waited a few seconds before I finally heard a voice.

"Hi. It's Alana Martinez and if you're listening to this, I am probably dead and gone by now. I made this because I want my story to be heard."

My eyes widened at who was on the CD. I knew this wasn't a joke nor a facade because Alana was in fact deceased. I also knew her voice. It was something I would never forget.

"When this video is turned in to the police as evidence, for the record... I would like to state that this statement is in my own words. There weren't any scripts, my death was not an accident, and I know for a fact who my killer was. It was my Aunt Karen. Karenia Judith Martinez is the one who killed me."

I felt my heart drop to the floor. Were all my suspicions true? Was Karen really as evil as I thought she was? I continued listening to the CD.

"When I was ten, my mother committed suicide. My father abandoned me. With that, I was left in the care of my Aunt Karen. Aunt Karen raised me along with my cousin and her daughter, London Martinez. When I was in my early twenties, I began dating famous basketball player, Sincere Alexander. I've had other boyfriends, but he was what I would consider the love of my life. He was the greatest love of all time. So you would understand the way I felt once Sincere and I ended our relationship on mutual terms. But, I still pursued him because he was the only man I've ever truly loved."

I heard my phone ringing but I ignored it. I was curious as to how and why Karen killed Alana. I needed to know before handing her over to the cops.

"I tried everything in my power to get him back. I even faked a pregnancy. I did eventually give up though. Some time afterwards, on an occasion where my cousin London and I would bash Sincere's wife, Armani Brooks, and her best friend, Hayden Whitaker, my aunt Karen joined in the discussion."

I scrunched up my eyebrows because the story was confusing as hell.

"When London decided to go to bed early, Aunt Karen and I continued talking in the kitchen. Karen proposed a scheme for me to get Sincere back. I refused because I knew that he loved his wife and would never do anything to jeopardize his marriage, especially with a baby on the way. When I refused, Karen asked me for help. She wanted me to help her get London and her ex boyfriend, Javon Wallace, back together. At the time, Javon was in a relationship with Hayden. At the time of this video however, they were broken up."

I rolled my eyes. All this background information was upsetting. Like, just get to the murder already.

"Anyways, I told Karen that I wouldn't help her with that either. I was tired of scheming and planning for a man to love me or anybody else for that matter. I eventually moved to North Carolina where I lived with my grandmother. I enjoyed myself up until this one night. I was walking to my car and I was abducted. I was knocked out and tied up. When I woke up, I was back in New York. The culprit was Aunt Karen. She kidnapped me. She then held a gun to my head and forced me to help her get my cousin and her ex back together. For the record, I would like to say that London Martinez, my cousin and Karen's daughter, had no idea of this scheme, the kidnapping or anything else."

I shook my head. Karen was a bitch. A real one. I don't know who would go to such lengths to get two people together. Mind you, they still weren't together. Javon was marrying Vanessa and London was still single as far as I knew.

"Because I was scared for my life, I helped Karen. I tried on several occasions to get away from my Aunt. On those occasions, I ended up with busted lips, black eyes, a dislocated shoulder, and whips to the back. And again for the record, if whip marks are found on my back, it was from being whipped from Karenia Martinez. Moving onto more important matters, not only is Karen responsible for my murder, but for the attempted murder of Hayden Whitaker's brother, Justice Whitaker. She made me hide the gun she used to shoot him in her apartment. Instructions for said weapon will be given for the person watching or listening to the video. That person should be Hayden Whitaker herself."

I raised my eyebrow and then set it down. Damn right I was gonna look for that gun because once I found it, I was gonna shoot Karen in her legs to let her know what it felt like. She could've ended my brother's football career with her envious ass actions.

"Karen is also responsible for the comatose state of Mia Whitaker. Mia is the cousin of Hayden and Justice Whitaker. God forbid Mia dies in the hospital, it was Karen. She beat her with her fists, stomped her out, shot her, and hit her head with a metal pipe from her sink. The metal pipe will be found with the instructions that I left for Hayden."

I was gonna fuck Karen up before the police got to her. If I didn't kill the bitch first.

"Hayden Whitaker's bakery was burned down because of Karen. The two gallons of gasoline that she used were tossed in her basement. Hayden will find that too."

I got up, getting ready to put on my sneakers that I used to paint my bedroom with. Then I stopped to think. Karen and my father are married. As far as I know, they are both staying in my childhood home in California. What or whose apartment was Alana referring to? Did Karen keep her old apartment or have a new one where she kept all her bumbass weapons?

"Karen kept her old apartment. The old apartment's address will be given to Hayden. Oh and Karen's next victim will be Mr. Samuel Whitaker, her husband. I'm not sure when that will take place but it's happening. Further instructions will be given to Hayden on the note I left her. I just want to say that I am sorry. I am sorry for everything I've done to accommodate my aunt with her wrongdoings. I am in a better place now and I won't have to endure the pain and torture of having to help. I fought hard and strong but now I am no more. Thank you for listening."

The CD stopped and I ejected it. I carefully placed it in the package it came in. I then picked up the letter. I reread the clue that said that the next clue will be where all deaths are final. I repeated the words in my head several times. Deaths are made final in a graveyard. After a person dies, if they weren't cremated, they were buried.

I quickly changed into all black jeans, an old black sweater, and my old black Adidas sneakers. I grabbed my phone as I rushed downstairs to put on my coat. I made sure I had my keys. Getting into my car, I drove to the graveyard. I hoped I would be able to get in. This whole thing had me shook but I needed justice for everybody. Especially for Mia. She was still in a coma and Aunt Zora was thinking about taking her off life support. I fought back tears as I thought about my father. He was in California with the bitch. I knew it was late but I had to call to make sure he was okay.

I called him and listen to the ringing in the car. He answered and it sounded as if he was sleeping.

"Hayden? You okay baby girl?" I heard him say.

I smiled as I stopped at a red light. "Hey dad. I'm okay. I was just calling to check on you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm tired but I'm good," he responded.

"Where's Karen?" I asked.

"Oh, she's taking a shower."

"Dad, are your bags packed?" I asked him. He was coming here for Christmas and I was flying to Cali for New Years.

"Yeah they're packed. What's going on?" He asked.

"I can't explain right now but I need you to be careful okay? Don't say anything to Karen about what I just said to you," I said with urgency in my voice. The longer he was in Karen's sight, the worse it was for him. She could kill him at any time and it was nerve wrecking because I was several miles away and I couldn't do anything about it but warn him.

"Hayden what-" he said but I cut him off.

"Dad please. Just trust me. Look, I know you're sleeping because you have an early flight tomorrow but just be careful. I love you and I'll see you soon," I said as I crossed my fingers. I prayed nothing happened to him. I prayed because I was going to jail for killing Karen if she laid a finger on my father's curly black hair.

"I love you too. Don't worry. I'm safe. I'll call you in a few hours," he said before hanging up.

I continued driving the distance to the graveyard with the hope that I was doing the right thing. My family was of importance to me. And if it meant that I had to make like I was Olivia Benson from Law and Order or Angela from Power, to solve this case, I would be exactly that.

***

I wanted to make this longer but typing is soooo much work y'all lol. I'm feeling this. Hayden about to uncover it all. Karen ass finna be busted!!!!! And I can't wait for everything to be revealed.

I still like Kyree and Hayden.

I still like Vanessa and Javon.

*Hey, do y'all notice that I title these chapters using colors? 🤔*

This book will end probably towards the end of this month or next month. I already know how it'll end too 😭😭😭.

Anyways... this is not edited.

*A picture of Javon is up*

Thank you for reading.

Vote.
Comment (I like those).
Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 412K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
28.5K 779 33
"How can she love you if she doesn't even know how to love herself?" ...
1.1K 344 56
He picked the call after a ring, and she grew nervous again. She had practiced what to tell him but they weren't coming that moment. "Keila?", he s...
961K 67.7K 69
You are angry I know, I know I was wrong, I did wrong, if you are mad then hit me, slap me, punch me, hurt me physically, I would bear that, but don'...