Teal.

I was running down the court behind Javon. He was about to shoot the ball. I was short but somehow, I was able to jump up to block his shot.

I laughed as I glanced at the expression on his face. I got the ball and shot it in the hoop. I did my little victory dance which was the Milly Rock.

"You a cheater!" Javon yelled at me with a straight face.

"I didn't cheat baby. You just mad that I'm a better player than you," I said with a smile.

"Whatever. What nigga you got that's teaching you how to play basketball? When I find him, imma beat his ass and then imma beat yours," Javon replied.

I laughed at him. "Child please. I used to play in high school and you know that. And you know I would never cheat on you. I love you too much," I said as I tried to give him a kiss but he moved away from me.

"Prove it."

"What you want?" I asked with a smirk. "You want me to dribble your balls or what?"

That made him laugh even though I could see that he was trying to hold it in. "You a clown," he told me as he wrapped his arm around my neck.

"Stop Javon!" I yelled as I laughed. We both fell down and rolled onto the freshly cut grass near the hoop. We rolled until I was on top of him. Looking down at Javon, I was breathing heavily and so was he.

I leaned down to kiss his neck and then his lips.

"Mommy! They're doing the grown up!" We heard near us. It was a little boy eating an ice cream and pointing at me and Javon.

"No baby. They're just kissing," the mother said as she looked down and actually smiled at us.

I got off Javon and stood up. "We're sorry."

"No honey, it's alright. I used to be the same way with my Husband," she said to us. She grabbed her son's hand and walked away.

"You okay?" I heard Javon ask me.

I turned to him and smiled before leaning up to give him a kiss on the lips. "Yes."

"I love you," Javon said as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too baby."

***

"Hayden," I heard Mia say to me as she snapped her fingers in my face. It took me a few seconds to come to and realize she was talking to me.

"Sorry. What happened?" I asked her.

"Are we still going shopping today or what?" Mia asked with her hands on her hips.

My mind drifted to Javon again. After having sex three weeks ago, we haven't spoken. We were basically acting like strangers again. Like strangers who never said I love you or never had a relationship.

"Hayden," Mia said again.

"I'm sorry. Yeah, we still going. Let me get my keys," I said as I got off the stool near the counter in the kitchen.

"Wow. I was expecting you to yell at me or talk to me about my damn attitude," Mia said with air quotes around the word damn.

I just shook my head. "Just come on and get in the car."

She raised her eyebrow but walked to the front door.

"Justice? Aaliyah? Me and Mia are going shopping. We'll see y'all later," I said as I saw them in the living room on the couch watching a movie.