Brown.

November..

Me and Armani were in the supermarket getting ready for Thanksgiving. The holiday was in about two weeks so we needed to get the rest of the meat, stuffing, noodles, and spices.

"Armani, I can't reach these lasagna noodles," I complained as I tried everything possible to get the noodles. I was 5'2 and it surely showed. Armani was about 5'7. It wasn't much of a difference but she was best fit to get these damn noodles.

Armani laughed as she walked away from Karter who was sitting in the seat of the shopping cart. She wore a dark brown coat with hot pink Uggs that had bows behind them. Her hair was in a high puff and a hot pink headband was wrapped around her head. She also had on a hot pink scarf and gloves.

"It's not funny," I said in response. It was hard out here for people my height.

"It sure the fuck is," she said as she easily grabbed the box to put it in the cart.

"Whatever," I said while rolling my eyes and pushing Karter in the cart.

"Where the fuck are the ribs?" Armani asked as we continued down the aisle.

I glanced at Armani and shook my head. "In the meat section, duh."

"Where in the meat section?" Armani asked me.

I rolled my eyes. She was so stupid some times, I swear to God. I was pushing the cart when I heard a phone ringing. I thought it was mine but it was Armani's.

"Hello? Hi baby," She said as she answered. Obviously it was Sincere who called.

I walked ahead of Armani so she could finish her conversation with Sincere. I stopped to try and get the tomato sauce that just so happened to be at the top of the shelf. I fucking hated the supermarket.

Why this shit gotta be all the way at the top? I asked myself.

"Need some help?" I heard behind me.

Turning around, I saw Javon. Just my luck. Of course it would be him. I couldn't escape this man if I tried.

"Uncle Jay!" Karter yelled in excitement. Javon smiled as he came to the cart to give her a hug and kiss on her forehead.

"I got it. I'm a big girl," I said as I tried to get the sauce again, unsuccessfully. I stretched my arm as far as it would allow but it seemed that Jesus was working against me.

"Let me get it," Javon said. He moved me to the side and got the sauce I was reaching for.

"Can you get like four more?" I asked. It's the least he could do since he was being all macho.

He laughed but did as I asked.

"Thank you," I said as I put the sauces in the cart.

"What's all this for? You cooking me Dinner?" Javon asked with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and smirked at him. "Nigga, you wish I was cooking you Dinner."

He shrugged. "I wouldn't mind. You could cook ya ass off."

"Tell you what.. come over for Thanksgiving. I'll save you a plate."

Javon smiled but the smile disappeared. "I can't. Me and Vanessa going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving."

Javon's parents lived in North Carolina. They didn't come to New York as much so I understood why Thanksgiving would be at their house this year. Last year, it was at Javon's house though.