ALANA.

Alana (An hour before my death)

"I refuse to do that! I don't care what you do to me. I can't do that to Hayden's family. Don't you think you caused her enough grief?" I asked.

Hayden's brother was shot and her bakery was burned to the ground. Plus, her cousin was shot and it was all because of me. Well, me and Aunt Karen.

"No. We haven't caused her enough of anything. Who does the little bitch think she is? I was grateful enough to marry her father. The least she could do is mind her business and keep her legs closed!" Aunt Karen said to me.

"Her relationship with Javon has nothing to do with you or me for that matter," I responded. It made no sense why Aunt Karen wanted revenge on Hayden. I ain't like her that much either but all these strange happenings were becoming extreme. Aunt Karen just demanded that I help plan Hayden's father's death. She wanted to kill him to collect his insurance money and anything else she could get out of this marriage with the doctor.

"It has everything to do with me. I'm getting revenge for my daughter," she said as she checked her french tips.

"So why am I helping? Why don't you enlist London as your little lap dog?" I asked in confusion.

"Why else would I be using you? Everyone would be quick to point their fingers at my daughter. Nobody cares about you. They wouldn't even think of you as a suspect in anything that's going on." Aunt Karen stood up and circled the chair I was sitting in.

"If you wanna get technical, you're the equivalent to that irrelevant character in a book. That's probably why Sincere didn't want you in the first place," she told me.

I usually took the verbal abuse but something about what she said pissed me off. She made it seem like I wasn't worthy of being loved when in actual fact, Sincere loved me.

"Sincere loved me. I lost him because of you anyways," I responded.

"Child please. He never loved you. Javon loved London though."

I just shook my head. Tears threatened to escape my eyes but I knew they would get me nowhere. I was done dealing with my aunt and I knew there was only one way to get rid of her. The question was.. was I willing to risk having to spend the rest of my life in prison for the dirty deed I was about to conduct?

I decided to walk out of the living room, away from this conversation.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard her ask me.

I went in my "room" to grab my weapon of choice which was a knife. I turned around with the knife in my hand, ready to get revenge on my aunt. I was surprised when I turned and saw Aunt Karen at my door. In her hand was a gun.

"What you doing with that gun?" I asked her.

"What the fuck you doing with that knife?" She asked in return.

I just gave her a look. Like, what the fuck you think I'm doing with the knife?

"Aunt Karen.. look. I told you I didn't wanna be apart of this anymore," I said softly.

"And I told you that you had no choice. This is the least you could do considering what happened to your mother."

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. What the fuck did my mother have to do with this and why was Aunt Karen bringing her up? My mother's been dead for over ten years. My father? I never knew him. The only person I had was Aunt Karen... or so I thought.

"Why are you bringing my mom into this discussion?" I decided to ask her.

Aunt Karen laughed at me. She was like dead ass laughing. Like laughing to the point where she was clutching her stomach. I scrunched up my brows and put the knife down. I wanted to know what the fuck was so funny.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I killed your mother," she said to me.

My heart fell into my stomach. Did she just say what I think she said?

"No you didn't," I said while shaking my head. She was lying. She had to be.

"I sure did and since you're going back on what we discussed... I plan on killing you and blaming you for the death of your mother, Hayden's father, and her cousin Mia."

I stared at my aunt as if she had three heads. Was she seriously going to do this?

"You're not serious," I said in disbelief.

"As a heart attack," Aunt Karen responded. "Remember how they ruled her death as a suicide?"

I just stared as I waited for her to finish.

"Well, I set that one up with the help of your father."

Tears filled my eyes as I thought about what was being said to me. I was definitely gonna kill her. I decided to get more information out of her. Aunt Karen didn't even know that she would be going down for everything she's done to me. If I didn't make it out of this alive, she wasn't gonna be free.

"How are you going to pin the murders on me if the father and cousin aren't dead?" I asked.

"Don't worry your pretty little head. I already figured everything out. The only thing I need is to get you out the way once and for all."

I saw her raise the gun and my eyes widened. I quickly ran and tackled Aunt Karen to the ground, successfully knocking the gun out her hand. I dropped the knife in the process and I could've slapped myself for doing that. I had Karen by her hair as I gripped it tighter to prevent her from getting any of the weapons that were dropped.

"Let go of me you stupid bitch!" She yelled as her hands waved wildly in the air trying to get me off her.

I shook her head all around because I was trying to take the whole thing off. I couldn't let her kill me. I had to be alive to tell my story. I couldn't let her get away with it.

"I'm never letting go! You're fucking crazy!" I yelled as I kept swinging her head. With Karen waving her arms all over the place, she managed to hit me upside my head. I let her go and held my nose. Looking at my hands, I saw that it was bleeding heavily.

I noticed Karen touching her hair, probably realizing that I had ripped out her ratty ass tracks. But, I couldn't gloat about that now. I had to get that gun or the knife. I saw Karen follow my eyes to the two weapons on the floor. Before she could get them, I was diving for either one.

I struggled more and more. I did all I could. Or at least I thought I did. Nothing could save me from that gunshot wound to the chest or the stabs in my back. I was bleeding everywhere. I couldn't stop it and Aunt Karen wasn't gonna stop it either.

I was losing consciousness. I knew because I saw this bright light. Internally, I smiled. It would be nice to get away from all this. I wouldn't hurt anymore. I wouldn't have to continue being tortured by Aunt Karen. I would miss London, but I wanted to be with my mother more than anything.

***

Sooooo... that is how Alana died. Aunt Karen killed her.

I know its been about two months since I've updated but college is really kicking my ass. If I could quit, I would but I have too many goals to give up on my education now.

I assure you the next chapter will be out tonight or some time tomorrow. I miss writing things other than essays and research papers 😩.

This story will be coming to an end in probably about 10-20.. 25 chapters. There WILL be a sequel because I love these characters.

Also, I have a new story that will be coming out around January ❤️. That one will probably be my favorite so stay tuned.

*A picture of Karen is posted*

REREAD.. SKIM.. LOOK OVER, etc. ANY CHAPTERS THAT ARE CONFUSING OR IF YOU FORGOT ANY EVENTS. REFER TO THE CHAPTER TITLED "Clarifying Chapter" IF NECESSARY!!!!

Vote*
Comment (They are welcomed)*
Share*