The Nerd's Best Friend

Da ashlyn0304

Raelynn is your typical nerd. Straight A's and an art student. And to add to it, thick rimmed glasses and bra... Altro

The Nerd's Best Friend
•INTRO•
•ONE•
•TWO•
•THREE•
•FOUR•
•FIVE•
•SIX•
•EIGHT•
•NINE•
•TEN•
•ELEVEN•
•TWLEVE•
•THIRTEEN•
•FOURTEEN•
•FIFTEEN•
•SIXTEEN•
•SEVENTEEN•
•EIGHTEEN•
•NINETEEN•
•TWENTY•
•TWENTY ONE•
•TWENTY TWO•
•TWENTY THREE•
•TWENTY FOUR•
•TWENTY FIVE•
•TWENTY SIX•
•TWENTY SEVEN•
•TWENTY EIGHT•
•TWENTY NINE•
•THIRTY•
•THIRTY ONE•
•THIRTY TWO•
•THIRTY THREE•
•THIRTY FOUR•
•THIRTY FIVE•
•THIRTY SIX•
•THIRTY SEVEN•
•EPILOGUE•
•BONUS•

•SEVEN•

1.9K 87 1
Da ashlyn0304

I let out a long, exasperated sigh as I sat down at our lunch table. I threw my bag on the floor, placing my face in my hands.

"My life is over." I muttered. Naomi slid closer to me, wrapping her arm around me.

"Tell me everything." She said. I took a deep breath, ready to spill.

"There's a rumor going around that Marc and I slept together because someone saw me leave with him at the party and now everyone is calling me whore and I slut and all I wanted to do was stay as under the radar I could but look what happened I got pushed way above the radar and Haley is probably going to kill me and I'm going to lose Marc as my friend and my life is ovvvvveeeeer." I spilled without a breath. Naomi started at me, not saying anything.

"Umm. Okay then." She whispered. I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Thanks for the support." I mumbled.

"Okay. First, your life isn't over. Second, Marc won't let Haley kill you." She started, but I cut her off.

"Have you seen how head over heels he is for her!!! It makes me sick!!" I exclaimed.

"Third, this will roll over soon. Someone will get in a fight or someone will slip on a banana. Finally, as long as you and Marc know nothing is going on, nothing is going on. You will still have me, and you will always have me. Promise." She said, comforting me. I looked into her green eyes, smiling.

"Thanks Nay." I grinned, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Hey girls." I heard Marc say as he sat down. I let go of Naomi, looking at him.

He brought Haley.

"Why is she here?" I growled. She smirked at me, pecking Marcus's lips.

"Because he loves me." She said in her annoying voice.

"I do princess." He said, smiling at her. I wanted to gag. "Oh! You hear the rumors about us Lynnie?" He asked, looking directly into my hazel eyes.

"Ugh!" I groaned, laying my head on the table.

"What's up with her?" He asked Naomi.

"Long story. Right Rae?" She said, placing her hand on the small of my back. I nodded my head on the table.

"Very very long." I mumbled. I ate my lunch, avoiding eye contact with Marcus and Haley and anyone else for that matter. Once I was done, I just waited for the bell.

Once the bell rang, I stood up, racing to my fourth period. I got inside the classroom, and everyone stared at me. I kept my head down as I made my way to the back of the class to my seat. I slid in, avoiding everyone's wandering looks.

"Hey. Why'd you run off Lynnie?" Marcus asked me. Dang it!!! I forgot he was in this class!!!

"Because. I was trying to avoid you." I muttered. He chuckled, leaning down close to my ear.

"Why? I'm your best friend." He whispered. His hot minty breath, made me shiver as it fanned my neck and shoulder.

  "All I wanted was to stay under the radar, but as your best friend, I should've known that would never happen!!" I exclaimed, ignoring the stares a got. He sat there silent.

  Finally, I was home. I laid down on my bed, sighing. My phone began playing the ring tone for my cousin, as I grabbed it, I held it up to my ear, when I heard soft sniffling.

  "Brea? Brea? What's wrong?" I asked concerned. She sniffled, letting out a shaking breath.

"Hunter broke up with me." She mumbled. I jumped from my bed, grabbing my keys.

  "I'm on my way." I said, leaving my house. I jumped in my car, racing to her house.

  Breanna. Or Brea, my little cousin. She's my dads brother's daughter. Uncle Logan has been out of the country for a while for work, while Aunt Lindsey, works at home. Brea is only nine months younger than me, and is like my sister. We only live five minutes from one another, but the zoning puts us in different schools. Hunter, her ex. He was her boyfriend for a good two years until now.

  I arrived and opened the door to her large house.

  "I'm here Aunt Lins." I called, running up the spiraling stair case, to Breannas room. "Brea." I softly said, opening the door. She was sat if her bed, with a tissue box.

  "Rae!!" She exclaimed, I went over to her, wrapping my arms tightly around her.

  "You were too good for him." I assured her. She just continued to cry into my shoulder. "I'm going to get the stash." I said, heading to her closet. I opened it and revealed a box that said "break up goodies." I pulled it out and took out all of the chocolate we had accumulated over the years. I placed them on the bed, getting on.

"It just happened to suddenly. We were at lunch then he just said he wanted to break up and left." She cried. I frowned, hugging her,

"It'll be Okay." I salud calmly. Her phone began to ring as she picked it up,

"It's him!" She announced. I shook my head frantically.

"Don't answer!" I exclaimed as she held it to her ear.

"Babe?" She said into the phone. What the heck!!! I grabbed the phone, as she stared at me.

"You are a terrible person!!! What were you thinking when you decided to toss her in the trash!!! If u ever see you within fifty feet of her, I will knock your light out!!! And I don't kid around!!! Goodbye!!" I exclaimed, hanging up and slamming it down. I looked at my cousin as tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

"You answered." I said ashamed of her. She lowered her head, sniffling,

"I'm sorry! It was just habit!" She cried. I sighed, putting my arms around her.

  "It's okay." I whispered. She leaned into my, wiping her eyes. "But I need to go Brea." I said, getting off of her bed. She frowned at me as I grabbed my keys.

  "But! Rae!! Don't go!!" She exclaimed. I shook my head, hugging her.

  "My mom will be home soon and I have so much homework. Call me later. Okay?" I said, heading to her door. She hung her head, nodding.

  "Okay." She muttered. I grinned leaving her room. I went down stairs and saw Aunt Lindsey pacing the hallway.

  "Aunt Lins? What's wrong?" I asked. She looked up at me, pain filling her eyes.

"Raelynn? When did you get here?" She questioned, diverting what u had asked her.

"About thirty minutes ago. What's wrong?" I tried again.

"Oh! I must have been on the phone with Logan." She said to herself.

"What's wrong?" I asked again more sternly. This time, she frowned, grabbing my hand.

"Your mom. She was in an accident." She told me. I froze in place, as her words echoed in my ears. Every time I heard it, it seemed to be less real each time.

"No." I muttered. She frowned nodding. "I have to see her!!" I cried, falling to my knees. Aunt Lindsey was right next to me, hugging me.

"She's on her way to the hospital. But I can't go. I have a business meeting. At that moment, I took out my phone, dialing Marcus.

"Ugh, uh hello?" He answered in the fifth ring.

"Marc!! My mom!! Accident! Hospital!" I cried into my phone. I heard a female voice in th back ground.

"Marky!! Just hang up!!" She called. I felt anger bubble up inside of me, as he cleared his throat.

"I'm coming Lynnie. Where are you?" He asked as the female yelled at him.

"Aunt Lindsey a-and Brea's." I cried. Before I knew it, he hung up and I was left on the floor, in tears. Five minutes later, Marcus Came bursting through the door. The second he saw me, he was by my side.

"I got you Lynnie." He whispered soothingly in my ear. He picked me up bridal style, and Aunt Lindsey didn't question as he left the house with me.

"Im here, don't worry." He continued to say. He put me in his truck, as u curled up into a ball. He got in the drivers seat, and took my hand. I felt a shock go up my arm as my heart began to increase speed. He gently stroked his thumb across the top of my hand soothingly.

Once we arrived, I ran out into the hospital which was cold and smelt like cleaner.

"For Zoey McKnight." I told the man at the reception. Marcus Came yo behind me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist.

"Yes, She is going into emergency surgery. Are you her daughter?" He asked. I nodded, as he sighed.

"Well, She was in a car accident and all we know right now is that she is unconscious and has a punctured lung and broken rib." He informed us. I nodded numbly, as Marcus led me to a chair. I sat in the uncomfortable chair, staring at the blank white walls. I was numb, and had constant tears rolling down my cheeks. Nothing felt real. It all felt like a nightmare that I would wake up from any second. But I never did.

Marcus eventually got bored of our position and put me in his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder, as his fingers played with the hem of my shirt.

"It'll be Okay." He whispered in my ear. His hot breath made goosebumps appear on my skin, and I numbly nodded.

"I know. It always is." I mumbled. He sighed, kissing my cheek.

"I love you Raelynn." He said. I closed my eyes, not saying a word.

***

Word Count: 1641

A/N
This was probably one of the hardest, and best chapter to write. The best, because I was able to show how much Marcus truly cares for Raelynn. How he just left Haley, and came to Raelynn's rescue!!! Awwww!!! And the hardest because, a few weeks ago, I was in a similar situation that Rae is in right now. Sitting in the waiting room waiting for any news on a loved one. I tried to describe how it felt best I can, but I don't think any amount of words can truly describe how it feels to sit in that painfully quiet waiting room with that numb feeling. The feeling of pure terror and pain and sadness that can not be described. Thank you so much for reading this!!! Love yall!!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

408K 5.5K 52
Zoey is the captain of the cheer team at her high school who has all the boys begging at her feet. Brody is the quarterback on the high school footba...
251K 10.6K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...
Ravaged Hearts Da R&A

Storie d'amore

819 97 13
"Oh Lord, please let me die faster so that I won't have to see this ugly face ever again." "Aww, I'm flattered to hear that your wishes are dedicated...
2.8K 99 28
When you're a pretty teenage girl with a millionaire family in London, consider yourself a lucky. Talia is sent to the most elite private school in...