To Matter To You

By HotMess1717

(Was titled Never Say Never) About a cool, smart, confident curvy girl, Hannah, who is surrounded by cute boy... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36

Chapter 27

2.9K 127 10
By HotMess1717

Liam's POV

It's 12:35 am. I tore my eyes away from the clock on my night stand. I sighed as I blinked in the darkness. No, not tonight. Tomorrow. First thing in the morning. I'll go see her then. Give her space. I try closing my eyes and summon sleep but to no avail. In the end, I just groaned and sat up on my bed. I tore the blanket off me and got out of bed. I got dressed and reached for my helmet. I grabbed my keys and was out of my dorm in two minutes flat.

It was not that late... I think.  I started my bike and zoomed off towards Hannah's dorm. I don't give a flying eff it was almost 1 am. I have a feeling she's not asleep yet. The roads were a little dark. As I reached Hannah's dorm, I parked my bike and had just killed the engine when my phone rang. I answered and almost dropped the phone when I heard what the person on the other line was saying. With my heartbeat beating wildly, I quickly put on my helmet again and gunned my engine and roared off. Hannah would just have to wait.

The freeway was brightly lit and there were surprisingly many trailers on the road that night.  It wasn't easy to get around the trailers which were zooming along pretty fast. It was probably because of the freeway being free of cars. I sped up and zoomed past a truck in front of me. Just as I was exiting the freeway, a huge, overloaded trailer suddenly zoomed by me, forcing me to go to the edge of the road, nearly driving me off the road. Out of nowhere, there was a loud bang and the trailer suddenly skidded and lost control. It careened dangerously close to my bike, almost hitting the back. I sped up quickly, thinking I could overrun the trailer but all I could remember was the impact that threw me off my bike and the loud crash. Then everything went black.

***********************************************************************************************

"Yes, um, is there a patient in the ICU named Liam Hennessy?" Amy asked and my heart beat faster ad I waited for the nurse's answer. Inside I was losing it.  Please be alright, please be alright. Please be alright Liam, or I'll f****ng kill you!

The nurse peered into the computer,  oblivious to me wanting to wring her neck for being so slow. She frowned as she clicked and clicked on the keyboard. Then she looked up and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, but there's no Liam Hennessy in our ICU. But there is a Luke Hennessy." The nurse said. I frowned. Luke Hennessy? Wait, what? Who the heck is Luke Hennessy?

"So, there's no Liam Hennessy? What about-" I started to say when a familiar voice spoke my name.

"Hannah?" Wait, that sounded familiar.

I looked up and saw Liam peering at me in disbelief. His left arm was bandaged and there were bruises and cuts on his face and right arm. I was filled with such relief that without thinking, I just ran to him and threw myself into his arms. I started sobbing as I held him tight. Liam held me just as tight as I cried with my face buried on his chest, soaking his shirt. After a few minutes, I pulled away, sniffling, feeling a little embarrassed when I saw a few people were watching. Like some nurses, a few doctors, and Amy, who was smirking. Damnit. Liam brushed my hair from my face as he peered at my face. I was too embarrassed that I kept my head down.

"Hey, Hannah. You ok?" Liam asked as he took my hands in his. I looked up and suddenly felt justified to get a little angry.

"Where were you?! Why didn't you text me for the last 2 days?! And how come I couldn't call you at all?!" I fired him with questions. Liam looked a little overwhelmed.

"Okay, calm down, babe! Liam's right here, and he's still alive and breathing.  Look, why don't you guys go somewhere and talk, alright?" Amy said and Liam chuckled at that. I glared at Amy, but I have to admit that she's right. I took a deep breath and walked off aimlessly. Just then I felt a hand grasping mine. I looked to my left and saw Liam beside me, looking straight ahead.

"Let's go outside for a while." Liam said and I followed him quietly. Liam led me to the main entrance of the hospital where it was less crowded. We walked out of the entrance and headed towards the park nearby. It was after 1 am but the park was brightly lit. Liam took me to a bench and sat down. I followed. And then Liam didn't say a word. I peeked at him and felt a little worried. Then I remembered he was not looking so hot, what with his bandaged arm and the cuts and bruises on his face and other arm. 

"Um, Liam...Did something happen? Why are you hurt?" I asked, stealing a look at Liam.

"I..uh, I got into a little accident." Liam said simply and then went quiet.

"How did you get into an accident?" I asked, curious. What, did he crash his bike while trying to run after me? Aww..how romantic..Oh God, I couldn't believe I thought that. Talk about cheesy! I really should stop being overly-romantic. Get over yourself, Hannah!

"Um, well, the night when you saw Alex and me..well, I thought you wanted space, so I decided to just go and see you at your dorm the next day. But, after trying to sleep, but couldn't, I decided to just go and see you and explain myself and grovel until you listen and forgive me." Liam said and then he took a deep breath before he continued. 

"Wait, so really got into an accident coming after me?! Awww..." I kinda melted. Wow, he really did go after me. Liam chuckled suddenly. I looked at him, confused.

"What?" I asked, feeling embarrassed suddenly. Wait, was he laughing at me?!

Sensing that I was about to lose it, Liam quickly grabbed my hand and held it tight in his hands as he continued to tell me what had happened to him.

"Well, yeah, I did ride my bike to go to your dorm to see you. But, when I reached your dorm, I got a call. From my mum. It's my dad. He had a massive heart attack. So, I rushed over there but I got hit by a truck on the freeway. The truck blew a tire and the driver couldn't control his vehicle and it hit me." Liam said and then looked at me.

I stared at him. Suddenly, without thinking, I grabbed him and held him tight. I almost lost him. It suddenly dawned on me how selfish and immature I had been. I should've let him explain. I should've at least given him a chance to defend himself. He had never given me any reason to distrust him.  

"I'm sorry! I should've let you explain! But I was so angry. At you, at her! I wanted to hate you so much but I couldn't! And then I miss you too much and tried calling you but I couldn't!" I blubbered as I held onto Liam tightly. Liam held me and kissed my temple as he murmured 'it's okay' multiple times. Then he pulled away and peered at my definitely red, teary face and smiled.

"Look, I'm fine. See, just scratches and bruises. No biggie. Ok?" Liam said as he smiled and then kissed my forehead and pulled me into his arms. I lay my head on his chest. I could hear his heart racing. I put my palm on his chest and felt his heart racing under my palm, wondering why it was. Liam took my hand on his chest and grasped it firmly in his. I looked up at him. He was looking at me. I reached up and kissed him.  Liam sighed as he kissed me back and held me tighter. I did the same and he suddenly broke our kiss and winced. I pulled away quickly. Oh God, did I break him?!

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you." I said as I tried to put some distance between us. Liam pulled me back to him and chuckled.

"Nah,it's okay. Just bruises and scratches. Just kinda hurt a tiny bit. But I don't care. I miss you too  much. I miss holding you, your smell, your kiss-" Liam said as he nuzzled at my ear. I giggled as I held on, loving him against me. Just then I remembered something. I pulled away slightly and looked at him.

"How's your dad?" I asked carefully. Liam sighed.

"He's still unconscious. It's his first heart attack.  He was really healthy before, never been sick a day in his life. Then I got in the accident. It's making my mum worried and she's not doing too good.  I'm sorry I never got your call. I lost my phone in the accident.  Plus, I just got discharged this afternoon. Been unconscious until last night.  That's why I couldn't call you." Liam said and leaned his chin against my temple,  sighing as he rubbed my arm absently. 

"Thank goodness you're okay. I hope your dad pulls through." I said as I looked at him with a hopeful look on my face. He smiled as he held my shoulders tight against him.

"Hey, I gotta relieve my Mum. I have to make her go home. She hadn't gone home since last night. Come on, let's say hello to my mum." Liam said as got up. I got up with him and hand in hand we walked into the hospital building. We went to the ICU ward and headed towards Liam's dad's room. 

From a distance I saw a familiar blonde, middle-aged woman.  Liam's mum! I rushed to her and she  cracked a small smile, but she looked tired and a little disheveled. 

"Mum, look who's here." Liam spoke and Mrs Hennessy looked at my direction. She seemed distracted at first, but her eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Um, Mrs Hennessy. Hi,  how are you?" I asked as she looked like she had been to battle. Her face looked tired and she had aged 20 years since the last time I saw her. Mrs Hennessy tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace.

"Hello, Hannah. It's so good to see you again. I'm fine.  Tired, but fine." She said as she came to me and hugged me. I was a little surprised, but I hugged her back. Her body was quivering. When we pulled away, I saw the tired lines on her face and felt a tug in my heart. She looked so frail. Just then Amy joined us. I introduced Mrs Hennessy to Amy and we listened to Mrs Hennessy explaining how Mr Hennessy was doing while we wait for Sean, Liam's brother to come get his mum home.

When Sean came and took Mrs Hennessy home, Amy looked beat. It was almost 2:30 am and we have class the next day..great...I felt kinda tired, too. I knew it would be a nightmare to wake up the next day. Urgh...

"Hey, baby. Um, I think it's better that you go home. You and Amy got class tomorrow, right? The doctor gave me a week sick leave. So, I want to stay here in case something happens, you know, keep an eye on my dad. I, um.." Liam started to say when he suddenly choked up. Alarmed, I put my hand on his shoulder and peered at him as a single tear escaped his eyes and ran down his cheek. He's crying?!

"Liam, hey. What's wrong?" I asked as I put my hand on his cheek. He took a deep breath and looked at his hands.

"I'm sorry. I just..In spite of our differences and no matter how much he puts pressure on me to do what he wants..I still don't want to lose him, you know. Like it or not, he's my dad. My only Dad. We can't choose our parents, right? So, if I lose this one dad I have, then that's it. And I feel I had been selfish and I never thought about how my decisions would affect him. You know, mum told me that he will ask my mum whether I called her. Every morning. Without fail. From there, I knew that he still cares about me. That's just how he shows it. Oh God, I can't believe I'm crying.." Liam said as he kept brushing away tears from his cheeks and laughing away his embarrassment. I just kissed him briefly and hugged him. He hugged me tight and I felt him shaking a little as he sobbed on my shoulder. I caressed his back soothingly and caught Amy's eye. She was sniffling and I kinda smiled sadly at her.

Then, Liam pulled away from me and looked at me with a sad smile. I looked back at him. He pushed my hair away from my face and sighed. We were outside the ICU ward and the hallway was dimly lit. There was nobody there except Amy, Liam, me and a few nurses and junior doctors coming in and out of the ICU. With a final kiss on my forehead, Liam took my hand and helped me to stand up. Amy came over and hugged Liam briefly. Liam thanked her. Then he hugged me and whispered thank you into my ear softly. I smiled as I held him tight.

When Amy and I were in her car, we were both quiet, lost in our thought. What had happened to Liam's dad kinda shook me. It made me realize something. I knew that I have to do something about my relationship with my own dad. Life is fragile and things can just happen without warning. We can lose something or somebody in just a blink of an eye. And, although I did not agree with some of my dad's 'controversial' opinions on me and other things, he is still my dad and we have to do something to reach something like a truce. Kinda like, I don't agree with you, but it doesn't mean that we have to hate each other because of that. Right, I will do something. I will. Soon.

***********************************************************************************************

A/N

So done with this chapter. What do you guys think? Should Hannah try and fix her relationship with her dad? Before it's too late? 

I have a tumultuous relationship with my own father. Kinda like Hannah and her dad. It was really bad when I was younger. He compares his kids to his friends' much better kids. Pissed me off, big time and kinda made me feel like I was lacking. He nitpicked on all my decision. Like what I wear, what I study in Uni and what I wear on my wedding! Yes, he demanded to have the last say about my wedding dress. Go figure. While I appreciate his views, I kinda hate it when it's forced on me. And that's what my dad does. He forces me to do what he wants. Which could get explosive at home. I try really hard to not lose my temper, but I'm only human. I did lose it a couple of times. But I felt really bad afterwards. My younger sister had it worse, though. They actually had all out screaming matches whenever she comes home to visit him. And to get away from him,she even accepted a job in London, married a local and refused to come home, until I intervened. It's still rocky, but at least they have reached a kind of consensus. Like a truce. I did too by ignoring stuff I don't agree with. I mean, I listen to what he has to say and just not do it if it's something that I don't want to do. Simple. In the end, he stops pushing. I'm an adult. I'm all grown up. I guess he finally realizes that. 

Do you have any problem with your parents? 

So, vote, comment and share if you love the story! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 862 23
Bailey Transon.Plus size teenager, a lover of bus taker and too busy to care of other peoples opinions.With conquering the world other than suffering...
215K 6.3K 16
After her ex cheated on her on the night of their anniversary, Katherine and her gay best friend Chris head off to Greece. One night in a club, she m...
129K 4.5K 26
An ordinary, short, chubby, shy, glasses-wearing, boring girl suddenly gets to meet the idols she so lovingly adores. She had no idea it would most d...
145K 4.1K 35
Complete! Give it a shot please! Thank you for the people that are reading my story!!!Please vote for any chapter you like, also if you like this boo...