24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

49

157K 3.9K 7.8K
By cliffordpunkrock

happy update!

i'll give you guys a little break with this chapter ;)

enjoy!

It was under the cover of nightfall that I was moved from the hospital to my on campus apartment while a body double of me was taken to the White House with my parents to make the press and everyone believe that's where I had been moved to recover.

I was still put in a bulletproof vest and a bulletproof helmet, Harry wearing the same as he carried me up the stairs of our dorm building at three in the morning.

Since it was past curfew everyone was in their rooms, so we were safe to walk through the lobby without being seen except by the campus security and federal agents who were scoping everything out to make sure we were safe.

When we got to our apartment an agent opened the door silently and Harry carried me inside and back to my room.

I winced when he set me down even though he tried his best not to jostle me too much.

He then took off the vest and helmet and tossed them to another agent before doing the same with his gear.

We had come through the back of the building so we wouldn't be seen, but in case we were being watching agents took two big black suitcases out the front to make it look like they were just getting my things.

Once everyone left Harry came back to me and slid off my shoes before picking me up in one arm and flipping back my blankets and then laying me down again.

He covered me up as I shivered and then left my room before coming back in with a cup of tea.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me and I took a sip of my tea before speaking.

"My side is killing me."

"It's going to for awhile. I need to check your stitches."

It was amusing to watch Harry play doctor while he turned me on my side and carefully lifted off my bandage before making sure my stitches hadn't torn while he carried me.

He then changed my bandage before covering me up with another blanket.

"Are you going to stay in here with me?" I asked him.

"I don't want to move you in your sleep and hurt you." He said.

"I know but I'm scared to sleep alone."

"Princess." He sighed but I whined just enough to get him to cave before he left to go change and then came back in sweats and a tee shirt.

He set his phone, pager and gun on my nightstand before getting in the bed with me.

I turned on my good side and he put his arms around me. Before when he had done that it felt like it was for comfort, but now it felt like protection.

"Tomorrow some people are going to come talk to us about what they've found on the RR."

Since the day of the tv takeover in the hospital, all we had been able to find about the RR was that it stood for the Red Regime and they were a homegrown terrorist organisation.

But we didn't know what they had against my dad, and why they wanted to hurt me to get to him.

"Okay." I said quietly and he touched his nose to my shoulder. "So now what do we do? Just hide out in here until these people go away?"

"I think that sounds nice actually. Just you and me, alone." He kissed my shoulder. "We can have people bring us food and we can stay in bed all day."

I smiled at this but when I laughed it hurt so I stopped.

"Don't hurt yourself." Harry said and I nodded. "You need to heal, because i'll have you know that I find scars very sexy."

I smiled at this and Harry kissed my neck a couple times before I closed my eyes.

"Get some sleep, Princess." He whispered.

I felt safe in Harry's arms, and fell asleep fairly quickly, but in the morning when I awoke, symptoms of my lyme disease decided to tear their ugly heads.

"Emma," Harry sighed, "you have to stop doing this to me."

I rolled my eyes at his playful banter as he gave me my antibiotic and then propped me up in my bed.

My mom called a little after I had woken up, and Harry answered the phone for me and put it on speaker so I could talk to her.

"I still think you should be at the White House with us." My mom said. "That way I can take care of you."

"I know, but these people can't know where I am. And I have Harry to take care of me."

"I know, and he's more than capable of taking care of you but i'm your mother and I want you with me."

After my phone call with her Harry carried me to the living room where he sat on the couch with me in his lap, letting me cuddle into him.

"Until these people get here why don't we just relax." He suggested.

I didn't disagree, and he put on the cooking network for background noise as I leaned my head on his chest.

"Your medicine kicking in yet?" He asked me.

"A little bit." I said.

"Yeah?" He kissed my temple and I looked up at him, Harry kissing my lips softly.

I bumped my nose against his playfully and he smiled at me.

"I don't want you to be scared of the RR." He said. "I know that they are coming after you but we won't let them succeed."

"But they have. I mean they freaking shot me."

He nodded.

"But you're alive, more or less well, and it's not going to happen again." His voice became more serious.

"I know." I gave him a small smile. "Thank you for saving me again."

"It's an honour, Princess." He smiled back and I leaned in for another kiss.

As we continued to kiss on the couch, Harry's pager beeped and he kissed me for a few more seconds before pulling away so he could check it.

"They're here." He sighed.

He then lifted me up off his lap and laid me down before covering me up with a blanket.

There was a knock on our door and Harry went to answer it, opening it to reveal again the head of the FBI, CIA, and...Secretary Blackwood.

Anger tore through me at the sight of him and I saw Harry's body tense.

"Come in." He then said through his teeth.

The three men came inside and Harry turned, giving me a frustrated look as he went to sit next to me.

When they sat down I shot a glare at Mr. Blackwood before looking at Harry.

"So what have you found out?" Harry folded his hands in his lap.

"What we have now is that the RR are spread out across the northeast. The apartment that the address from the car traced back to was not being rented by anyone at the time. We're currently looking into any students at the university with criminal records, and were trying to pinpoint specific members."

"But what do they want?" I asked. "Besides me dead?"

"They want your father to resign and they want themselves to be put in his place. They have a site that says they want to become a political party, but they haven't named members or people who support it on there so that makes it difficult to have a lead. And since they hit you and drove off, we lost that lead as well."

"So they're basically a radical group trying to take over the country and they want to kill me to accomplish that."

"Emma." Harry quipped.

"What? I'm just speaking the truth. It's obviously not a secret they want me dead!"

He tightened his jaw.

"Essentially yes." The head of the CIA said. "But they're a small group trying to assert power, eventually they will be squashed like bugs by us. That's what we do."

I nodded.

"How long until you figure out who they are?"

"Were starting with who created the site and who's visited it. That investigating will take us a bit until we can narrow it down to specific entities." Secretary Blackwood said and I looked away from him.

"What I need to know," Harry began, "is how to protect her from this. I can protect her from gunman and physical things, but I can't protect her from an entity with no face."

"But can you really protect her from gunman?" Blackwood commented and the atmosphere in the room became extremely awkward, even the men from the CIA and FBI were uncomfortable.

"He's doing everything he can, which I can't see you doing. So why don't you start doing your job and figure out who the hell these people are and then take them down." I snapped.

Blackwood clenched his jaw at me, his glare murderous but Harry stood up, taking the situation into his control.

"Thank you for coming to tell us this." He walked to the door, a sign that it was time for them to go.

The three men stood and Harry opened the door so they could leave and the head of the CIA and FBI did, but Blackwood stopped when he reached Harry.

"Watch yourself son, I could've been a great ally to you."

"I have an ally and i'm not your son. Now get the hell out before I call my ally and get your ass fired."

"Who's your ally? President Winston? He won't fire me."

"You're already on thin ice with him so you might want to think again before you talk about how incapable I am of doing my job when you can't even do yours."

Harry then slammed the door in his face before locking it.

I watched him carefully as he took a deep breath and then turned around to face me.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"I'm just frustrated." He replied as he came to sit next to me, and I reached over for his hand.

"Don't listen to him. He's already put enough untrue thoughts in your head and I don't need anymore in there."

Harry gave me a small smile before gently moving me into his embrace.

"It hurts me that you had to grow up with him."

"I can't change my past." He shrugged.

"Have you ever looked for your birth parents?"

He shook his head.

"It was a closed adoption. And besides, at this point I don't know what it would do."

"Maybe you could be able to meet them and have a relationship with them."

"If my parents didn't want me then, I doubt they'd want me now."

My heart broke at his words.

"Well, I want you now." I said and he smiled at me before leaning in to kiss me.

"I want you too." He chuckled before he kissed me again.

He continued to kiss me until his pager went off and I moved back.

"Deja vu much?" I laughed.

He smiled as he looked at his pager.

"Ah, my surprise for you is here."

"My surprise?"

"Yes." He said as he stood up, typing something on his pager before going to the door.

I watched him in curiosity as he waited a minute before opening the door to reveal Jamie  and Mila on the other side.

I gasped and Harry grinned at me.

I hadn't seen them since before I had been shot.

"Sissy!" Mila ran inside to me and Jamie walked inside.

"Woah Mila be careful." Harry ran to stop Mila before she could jump on me. He put an arm around her to stop her. "Emma is hurt right here on her stomach." He pointed to my side. "So you have to be careful not to touch her there."

Mila nodded.

"Okay, now you can go hug her."

He let her go and Mila climbed up on the couch before hugging my side.

As she buried her head in my neck I looked up at Harry.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled at me.

Jamie came and sat down by my feet.

"How ya feeling, Emmy?"

"A lot better." I said as Mila moved back to look at me.

"Sissy you get hurt?" She asked me.

"Mhmm. But i'm going to be okay."

"I see?" She asked and pointed to my side.

"It's under a bandage." I said but she pointed again so I lifted up my shirt a few inches and showed her my bandage.

"You have boo boo?"

"I do." I laughed.

"You get kiss to make it better?"

"I'm sure Harry already did that." Jamie smirked and Harry glared at him.

"Don't make me regret inviting you here."

Jamie laughed and Harry went to sit on the loveseat, Mila then sliding off and running over to him so she could hug him.

"Are you going to help me make Emma feel better?" He asked her.

"Yes!" She giggled.

I went to move but my side had a sharp pain in it and I winced.

"Yeah it's about time for your pain medicine." Harry said and I looked to see him looking at his watch.

He went to get me my pain medication which I took, knowing I'd fall asleep soon but stayed in the living room with everyone because I wanted to be involved.

I didn't realise I had fallen asleep until I woke up on the sofa, hearing noises from the kitchen.

"Careful Mila, don't spill the flour everywhere." Harry said.

"But I put it in the bowl."

"I know, but you're about to knock it over."

There were a few clatters of dishes before I heard Jamie speak.

"So how's Emma doing really? Was she just putting on a brave face for us?"

"She's doing better than I thought she would be." Harry replied. "Her pain is getting better but she had a small relapse this morning."

"Is she scared about everything?"

"I told her not to be."

"But how could she not be? I mean someone tried to kill her dad and now her, if I were her i'd lock myself in a closet and never come out."

"Emma reads like a book. I know she's scared but she can be scared another time, right now everyone's looking at her and if she's scared then they'll be scare- Mila stop eating the cookie dough."

"So I told Emma this at Thanksgiving, and I don't know if she told you, but i'm taking back what I said at the beginning. I think you're really good for Emma."

"You said I was abusing my power over her."

"I know, and i'm eating crow. But she's changed a lot. She's growing up and you're making her do that and she's needed to for a long time."

Harry was quiet.

"She needs someone to be strong for her and keep her in line, and you're doing that for her. You know, i'm sure her parents wouldn't be mad if they found out you two were together."

"I signed a contract when I took the job that specifically stated my relationship with Emma would be strictly professional, and if I were to have any relations with her I would be fired and blacklisted from ever working with the government again."

"Oh." Jamie said. "Mila that's like five cookies we could've made with all the dough you're eating."

I smiled.

"So please keep mine and Emma's relationship private." Harry said. "The last thing that needs to happen is that I get fired during all of this mess."

"Your secret is safe with me."

I waited another five minutes before "waking up", Harry coming over to check on me.

"Mila wanted to make you cookies to make you feel better." He said as he helped me sit up.

"That's sweet." I smiled as Mila came up next to him.

"We make chocolate chip." She climbed up in my lap to put her arms around my neck.

"That sounds yummy." I smiled.

Jamie and Mila were staying for one night, and I decided to stay in Harry's room with him while Jamie and Mila stayed in mine.

Harry had to help me get ready for bed and then he changed my bandage before carrying me to his room after I told Jamie and Mila goodnight.

I was exhausted, so it wasn't hard for me to fall asleep despite my nap.

A knocking noise woke me up, and as I turned my head to the side I felt the weight of Harry next to me shift as he got up.

I listened as he walked to the door to open it.

"Mila?" He whispered. "What's wrong?"

"I sweep wif Wemmy." I heard her whimper. "I scared."

"There's nothing to be scared of, Jamie is in there."

"Wemmy." I heard her begin to cry.

"Okay. Okay come here."

I heard him move and then close the door before he walked back over to the bed.

I opened my eyes when the bed shifted and I saw him set Mila down before he got in next.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"She's scared." Harry said and I nodded as he pulled the blanket over us.

Mila wrapped her arms around me and I smiled as Harry put his arm over both of us.

"Go to sleep, Princesses."

The smile that appeared on my lips went from ear to ear, and I realised that Harry was someone that I never wanted to be without, and I think I was falling in love with him.

OMG guys the reviews you are writing are AMAZING and idk how i'm going to pick!!!

And the ship names you guys have come up with are Hemma, Hemmy, or Emry so vote for your fav!!!

Also, do you have any questions for me about true book or just in general? Comment them here!

I'll update soon!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
73.7K 569 102
{Vol. 1} 100 of my absolute favorite Harry Styles fanfics! Thought this would be cool for anyone who has recently fallen down the fanfic rabbit hole...
7.8K 355 9
๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ. After losing her mother, Dorothea Dixon decides it's time...
89.2K 2K 32
Meet Rosy Velesco~ High school cheer leader, in the popular group, having the time of her life, but she's also friends with the school nerd. Meet Ha...