Best friends?

By flowbutterfly

Story of two best friends who struggle to explore their feelings for each other. Will they realise their love... More

Synopsis
Chapter1~He loves her more than cheesecake~
Chapter3~But we hate each other~
Chapter4~Bye forever~
Chapter5~Don't go~
Chapter6~We must be sadists~
Chapter7~Hooker?~
Chapter8~My flight got hijacked~
Chapter9~You only drink with me~
Chapter10~Two hearts apart~
Chapter11~Thick skulls~
Chapter12~Rich spoilt girl~
Chapter13~Paradise~
Chapter14~Revelations~
Chapter15~Flashbacks~
Chapter16~Unknown feelings~
Chapter17~He's my meenakumari~
Chapter18~New friendships and realisations~
Chapter19~Halloween~
Chapter20~Secrets and heartbreaks~
Chapter21~A euphoria called love~
Chapter22~Insecurities~
Chapter23~Blissful Moments~
Chapter 24~Graduation day~
Chapter25~Disappointing bearings~
Chapter26~Inevitable despair~
Chapter27~Waffles and Taylor swift
Chapter28~Fight for him~
Chapter29~Ferris wheel and memories~
Chapter30~Turn of events~
Chapter31~Feelings? Deleted~
Chapter32~And so it begins~
Chapter33~Second chances~
Chapter34~Bombshell~
Chapter35~Okay?Okay~
Chapter36~Love and Like~
Chapter37~Wifey skills~
Chapter38~Getting Married~
Chapter39~Chaos~
Chapter40~Gender Reveal~
Chapter41~Are you sure?~
Chapter 42~Mr And Mrs?~
Chapter43~Pre-wedding~
Chapter44~The almost Married Couple~
Chapter45~Kodak Moments~
Epilogue

Chapter2~Boyfriend aka best friend~

8.9K 617 24
By flowbutterfly

"Manik it's wakey wakey time." Nandini poked his cheek while sitting on his back.

He groaned in annoyance and ignored her poking.

"Manik yesterday you were the one who convinced me and now I'm excited so you are not even waking up. What is wrong with You?" She whined.

Manik was busy with the preparations so it was quite late and sushmita suggested to sleepover here only.

"Please I'm sleepy you didn't even let me sleep yesterday." He said sleepily.

"Whoah! That sounds so wrong." Nandini said and was going to get up when he pulled her by her arm and she fell on him.

She was lying completely on him. He tucked her hair behind her ear which were all over his face.

He dipped his face in her neck inhaling her musky scent.

"So what were you saying?" Manik asked still nuzzling in her neck.

"Manik please let me go." She muttered still her eyes closed.

He came out of his trance and instantly looked at her face. He blew air on her face and she opened her eyes.

They looked at each other with an intensifying gaze. Nandini came out of her trance and got up from him.

"Get ready and come downstairs." She said awkwardly and ran out of the room.

He ruffled his hair and went to do his morning chores.

"Hey beautiful." Manik said as he came downstairs back hugging sushmita who was looking over the preparations of sagan ceremony.

"Good morning baby slept well?" She asked caressing his cheek.

"Yes sush so what should I do?" He asked standing in front of her.

"Nothing all the preparations are done you just go and enjoy with your friends." She said.

"Are you sure?" He asked still unsure.

"Yes manik now go." She said giving him a push.

He took a step forward to leave when he turned around.

"She's at mukti's." Sushmita said with a smirk and he smiled widely. He blew her a flying kiss and left from there.

He came out in the lawn when dhruv stopped him.

"Hey manik come join us." Dhruv called out who was sitting in a gazebo along with alya and abhi. Manik sighed and made his way to them.

He sat besides abhi who was sipping his coffee.

"Where is your best friend manik?" Alya asked teasingly.

"She's at mukti's." He replied clearing his throat.

"So when does your best friend act going to end?" Abhi asked with a smirk.

"I don't know what you are talking about we are just friends." Manik said after a while remembering the morning incident.

"Oh! Please manik everyone can see except you two. You guys act like a coupe for cryin' out loud." This time dhruv said.

"Okay whatever guys, it's abhi's special day so tell me how do you feel you are getting married to your high school love." Manik asked abhi.

"Topic change." Alya muttered and met with a glare by manik making everyone giggle.

"So answer to your question is I feel amazing. I have loved her the moment I laid my eyes on her. You know when we broke up during the last year of college because of stupid misunderstandings?" Abhi asked and manik nodded. 

"We didn't had any conversation for like two months and I wasn't able to move on. No girl attracted me like Mukti did. I still remember when nandini used to set me up with girls. I didn't click with anyone and after that I realised that I was finding Mukti in every girl. That very day I decided if not her then no one.  When life gives you more than you can stand, then kneel. And look here we are." Abhi finished with a dreamy smile and everyone were smiling seeing the love they have.

"I want a love story like them or manik and nandini's." Alya said in an emotional tone and manik rolled his eyes.

"Jesus I'm leaving, you guys are too much." He said and with that left.

VARDHAN MANSION

"Nandini do you think it's the right dress?" A nervous mukti asked for the umpteenth time.

Nandini sighed and got up from the bed. She went to her who was standing in front of mirror holding her dress.

Nandini holded her from shoulder and turned her so that she's facing her.

"This dress looks great because you are wearing it. You can wear your pyjamas of all you care because bhai will still find you the most beautiful girl." Nandini said with a smile making mukti blush.

"So don't worry now and chill." She said and plopped up on the couch and started eating gummy bears.

"How do you even eat that? I swear that taste like shit." Mukti said making a bad face.

"Hey I won't listen anything against gummy bears okay." Nandini said in a defending tone and mukti sighed at her posessiveness.

"Nandini where is your boyfriend aka best friend?" Mukti asked with a smirk and sat besides her.

Nandini choked on her gummy bears and started coughing. Mukti patted her back and passed her the glass of water.

"Better?" Mukti asked still rubbing her back and she just nodded.

"I don't know where he is and he's not my boyfriend." Nandini said with a straight face even though it was hard for her as she remembered the morning incidence.

"Whom are you kidding? I know you both from so long. You guys flirt like crazy and always stick to each other like a glue. Even a blind can see the chemistry you both share." Mukti knocked some senses into her thick head.

"Okay whatever I don't care. I'm leaving have to help with the arrangements." Nandini said and left giving her a quick hug.

Mukti sighed in defeat realising how oblivion they both are.

Nandini was exiting from the main  door when she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you are going." She said rubbing her elbows without looking at the person.

"Its not my problem that you are addicted to your phone and you even want to use it while walking too." Manik taunted and she glared at him.

"Your favourite hobby is always taunting me no?" She asked with a fake smile.

"How do you know that?" He asked with a fake gasp and she started walking leaving him behind.

"Hey my meena kumari." Manik said slinging his arm around her shoulders and she jerked his hand away.

"Oh! This is one of your moods where you are annoyed with anything and everything even though it's not the other person's fault I see." Manik exclaimed and she stopped in mid way.

Manik knows her every mood as she's a moody girl. Nandini has different moods like crying about even the smallest things or being angry without anyone's fault and her best friend is a pro at handling her mood swings.

"So why are you mad?" He asked hugging her tightly and she hid in his embrace.

Because everyone thinks we love each other. She wanted to say but said otherwise.

"I don't know." She said hiding herself in his embrace.

"C'mon I will get you some chocochip pancakes." He said kissing her cheek.

"With lots of maple syrup?"

"With lots of maple syrup." He said and interlaced her hands with hers.

                       ______

It's time for the sagan ceremony and elders have already left. Only the younger clan is left to go to the venue.

Manik was sitting in nandini's room dressed in the traditional wear waiting for nandini.

The washroom door clicked open revealing a breath taking nandini.
She stood in front of him and raised her brows for his opinion. He was just looking at her with opened mouth.

"You----you look like a girl sugar plum." He said and nandini rolled her eyes at his insult.

"And for once you don't look like a homeless drug addict." She said teasingly and he chuckled.

"So are we ready to go miss bff?" He asked forwarding his arm to her.

"Yes mr bff." She locked her arms with his and they went downstairs.

"Look the star couple is here." Dhruv said with a teasing smile.

"What's up with all the teasing? It's too much." She muttered to him as they were descending the stairs.

"I know right." He replied.

"So can we just leave now?" Alya asked and they all went towards the car. They were the last one to leave the house.

They reached in no time and entered the banquet which was decorated beautifully with all the lights.

Nandini saw abhi and mukti on the stage and immediately ran towards them.

"Nandini careful." Manik shouted from behind but she ignored him.

She reached to the stage and hugged both of them.

"You look stunning Mukti." Nandini said admiring.

"And you look gorgeous." Abhi said kissing her forehead.

"Okay I will leave you guys now." Nandini said as she saw guests coming towards mukbhi to meet them and went down the stage.

                          ~~~~~~

"Will you stop eating?" Manik asked nandini who was busy stuffing her mouth with papdi chaat.

"Excuse me I paid for this stuff so paise toh vasool karne hi haina." She exclaimed with full mouth.

"You mean your mother paid?" He asked.

"Okay whatever." She said.

"Here taste it." She stuffed a spoon of chaat in his mouth and he glared at her.

"Hey nandini let's go and rock the stage." Alya said coming with dhruv.

"Oh! Yeah after all it's my brother's sagan let's go." Nandini said keeping the plate aside.

"Thank god khaane ke siva kuch aur bhi kar rahi hai." Manik murmered to himself.

"Manik let's go." Dhruv said and he nodded seeing the girls who have already left.

Manik and dhruv reached the stage area when the lights went off.

Alag Daandiya Alag Garba
But If You Really Wanna Party
Throw Your Hands Up
And Twist Them Around
Do The Bhangra Everybody
C’mon Do The Bhangra Everybody

The spotlight fell on nandini and then alya. They started moving their hands up in the air synchronizing their steps.

Alag Daandiya Alag Garba
But If You Really Wanna Party
Throw Your Hands Up
And Twist Them Around
Do The Bhangra Everybody
C’mon Do The Bhangra Everybody

Nandini ran upto the stage and pulled abhi and mukti with her. She then went to manik and pulled him with her.

Nothing Like My Chatt Mahiya
Nothing Like My Mutt Yaara
Nothing Like Some Kangna Shangna
And Long Da Lashkaara
Buggi Te Buggi Main Gidhha Kholna

The girls started dancing together with their crazy steps and boys admiring them.

Aaj To Go Crazy Te Jab Vajde
Punjabi Wedding Song
Aaj To Go Crazy Te Jab Vajde
Punjabi Wedding Song
Dhoolon Ke Beeton Pe
Main Taan Dolna..
Aaj Sharam Chhad Ke Lage Jhatke
Hai Ismein Nothing Wrong
Aaj Tu Go Crazy Ke Jab Wajde
Punjabi Wedding Song

The boys joined them and started dancing.

Alag Daandiya Alag Garba
But If You Really Wanna Party
Throw Your Hands Up
And Twist Them Around
Do The Bhangra Everybody
C’mon Do The Bhangra Everybody

Nandini went off the stage and went to raj and nyonica who were smiling at them. She pulled them to the stage and she started dancing with raj.

Ae Baaja Te Baaja Te
Ghodi Te Shaamiyaana
Laddoo Te Shaddoo Te
Lassi, Te Khaana Baana
Happiness Makhhan
Maarke Ho Gayi Multiply

Mukti sang looking towards abhi and he smiled.

Chacha Te Chachi Te Maami Te Biji Biji
Te Hothon Pe Laali Te Konnon Mein Biji Biji
Shoshon Wali Garm Hawa Pe Kardi Rehndi Try
Chhetti Champagno Ke Dhakkan Kholna
Aaj To Go Crazy Ke Jab Vajde
Punjabi Wedding Song
Life Ho Crazy Ke Tab Wajde
Punjabi Wedding Song

Nandini sang while running around the entire hall making everyone smile by her bubbly behaviour.

Dhoolon Ke Beeton Pe Main Taan Dolna..

Alya sang acting as if she's beating the drums.

Aaj Sharam Chhad Ke Lage Jhatke
Hai Ismein Nothing Wrong
Aaj Tu Go Crazy Ke Jab Wajde
Punjabi Wedding Song

Manik, dhruv and raj sang together doing the bhangra steps enjoying the moment.

Ye Chhori..
Jannaton Ki Lage Meherbaani
Ye Chhori..

Manik sang looking at nandini and started roaming around her. She smiled brightly looking at him.

Haan Mujhe Bhi Aisi Jodi Hai Banani

Nandini said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Manik and nandini  had their eyes locked.

Ye Chhori..
Apni Hatheli Aur Lakeerein Saath Saath Hain
Chitt Mubarak Barsaatein Kaaynaat Karti Hain

Dhruv came in between breaking their trance and they moved apart immediately.

Waat Lagaiyaan, Lakh Vadaiyaan
May You Live Long
Kahun Rab Ko Hazaaron Shukraana
Ghar Mere Bhi Nazaare Nazraana
Par Tere Varga Hi,
Tere Jaisa Hi Chanda Maahiyaa..
Senti Main Hoti, Aur Mental Dholnaa

Nandini danced along alya and mukti doing the crazy steps.

Aaj Tu Go Crazy Ke Jab Wajde
Punjabi Wedding Song
Aaj Tu Go Crazy Ke Jab Wajde
Punjabi Wedding Song

The entire family was on the stage grooving on the beats.

"It was so much fun no? People should get married all the time." Nandini joked breathlessly.

"I think I'm going to marry first." Manik exclaimed rubbing his chin and nandini's head snapped at him.

"What?" She asked with disbelief.

"Yeah I mean I want to settle down early like mom and dad and live a peaceful life." Manik said shrugging.

"Yeah right I will see who will marry you because I'm the only one who can tolerate you." She said flipping her hair.

"Really then marry me." Manik suddenly said and her head snapped to his direction.

"Yeah right." She said sarcastically.

"And then you say you two are 'just friends'." Dhruv said with disbelief who was a silent spectator of the entire scene along with alya.

"Serio---" Before alya can finish manik and nandini were already on their way to the dessert counter.

"I hope they realise soon." Dhruv said with a sigh and alya nodded.

It was already midnight and it was time to leave.

"Mom now can we go? These heels are killing my innocent feet." Nandini said with a puppy face.

"Yeah we are leaving in few minutes." Sushmita replied who was talking with mukti's parents.

"Who told you to wear heels I even warned you!" Abhi said flicking her hair.

"Abhi" mukti scolded him.

"Why you hit me all the time?" Nandini asked rubbing her head.

"Because you are my baby sister." Abhi said hugging her tightly.

"Okay enough of the bhai behen ka pyaar let's go cars are ready." Manik said coming towards them.

"Okay bye uncle aunty I will miss you." Nandini hugged raj and nyonica and they chuckled at her dramatic words.

"Bye manik I hope not to see you tomorrow because your monkey face annoys me." Nandini said showing her tongue and manik rolled his eyes.

"I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong." Manik said shrugging.

"Okay now I'm gonna leave now." Nandini said and everyone left for their respective homes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

7.4K 826 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...
305K 15.4K 44
Heya all this is a new story its about how manan get close to each other even when circumstances get them far... I hope u all will like it...
224K 22.1K 44
Two people. Their tale after they bump into each other after nine years. One is back for a wedding. The other is where the one had left him years bef...
1M 95.5K 114
Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill in the problems and accept their importan...