Nightmares *Rogue X Female!Re...

By Muggle-born-fayzian

"Are you scared? You should be!" In a world of magic and guilds, you find yourself the only Mage in lavender... More

Contents
Home
Return
Disbelief
Prepare
Recognition
Alive
Betrayed
Cheat
Fight
Insane
Worry
Guilt
Familiar
Instinct
0.5
Rational
Opinion
Protect
Glow
Hazy
*Special Chapter*
Forgive
1.5
Pride
Decision
Nightmares
Fatigue
Warmth
Support
Monarchy
Blood
Magical
Steps
Life
Q&A
Contents
Introduce
2.5
Insult
Diffusion
Random Poll
Patience
Memory
Forgettable
3.5
Present
Rejection
Feelings
Suspicion
Author's note

Anticipation

512 9 0
By Muggle-born-fayzian

Anticipation : the action of anticipating something;
expectation or prediction.

Riko was acting tired, telling everyone that they should of let the injured girl sleep rather than waking her up by barging into the room at three in the morning drunk. Riko had mostly recovered and was doing fine, but was going to play that card for as long as she could.

Akira didn't seem to mind Marie's drunk and loudness at that ridiculous point in the night and, in fact, shared a very weird and childish conversation with her while you and Riko tried to sleep.

"Quit whining," Akio groaned, not swearing in front of his sister.

Riko did nothing but death glare him at his comment, before speaking, "you know a few months ago you weren't brave enough to say something like that, I think someone's had an influence on you." She then turned to death glare you instead, which you responded with:

"Hey, I tried not to wake you up last night, don't turn this on me."

She then nodded at your response knowing she couldn't really be mad at you and your sincerity while drunk.

Marie then piped in, annoyingly not hung over considering the amount she drunk - Riko described this as the power of youth but the guild master of the same age suffered on the stands. "Riko's just nervous! Considering it's the final day."

She went to deny this, but instead glanced away from the group. She wouldn't be alone in being on edge, everyone was.

It wasn't long till the start of the final tournament of the grand magic games, your group had a some tactics but not really, Max would of been a lot more helpful if he'd got out of bed earlier.

The first rule of thumb was:
Don't get out early.

Sounded a bit stupid but you all figured you should pick small fights until a lot of people were out. That way when it came down to anyone from Fairy Tail or Sabertooth there might be more than one of you to fight together, that way you'd have more of a chance.

And obviously, the second one was:
Stick together:

Maybe as twos, or threes, probably not as a whole group. But that way you'd be stronger.

The announcer explained the rules for the audience this time, while your team stayed silent in anticipation. As a group, although you were reluctant to there choice, you would be the leader, if you get taken out five points go to the other team while the rest are only rewarded with one. The logic was, Akio was s-class, but you had beaten Akio so therefore you're the strongest. Although after watching Akio you had decided you had caught him on a bad day, he was really strong. But it seemed Akio showed zero interested in increased bounty above his head and he also figured people would assume he was leader. So it was put down to you.

The crowds were cheering around you, and you could see Marie pick at her nails while glancing at the audience. That... had been a habit of hers since she was a child. You knew that much. She was nervous.

"We'll be fine," you grabbed her hand to stop her with a smile, although you weren't sure she heard you over the cheering. She just smiled back.

"The grand magic tournament!" You released her hand, "starts now!"

Everyone nodded at each other, and ran with their separate groups. You watched Marie and Riko take off with a speed you couldn't even follow and then left with the remaining members of your team.

For a while; you, Akio and Akira focused on silence and discretion. Akira's invisibility magic worked on more then one person as long as you made contact, so Akira sat on her brothers shoulders while you held her hand, strangely she seemed quite happy with this. However she wasn't completely calm. You felt cold blood flow through her tiny fingers whenever there was a loud and unwelcome sound, or how they felt a little sweaty when someone earned a point.

Speaking of which, Lamia scale had already got themselves four points, Sabertooth had got themselves five and Mermaid Heel gained two. You wondered if there would be anyone left to get points from if you didn't make your move soon.

"When should we start?" You asked Akio, he wore a serious expression, he was concentrated on the game, even though all you had done is wonder around for a while.

"The next person we come across," he said and then shook his head, "as long as it isn't Erza Scarlet or something,"

Akira began to grip your hands tighter, which caused you to wonder what she was so afraid of.

Then you noticed them, felt their aura behind you. It was cold, dark and sinister, it was looking for trouble.

"We found you~"

---------------------

"I wanna take out Crimson Inferno!" Marie wondered if her teacher could actually hear her at the speed they were going.

She obviously did because she chuckled in response. "Me too, although I think points are the priority." Even though it was already decided they wouldn't win, Riko knew that, it would Fairytail or Sabertooth. "Wait till we find someone we can fight and then-"

Marie screeched as she fell face first onto the ground and slid across the floor. Riko stopped immediately, concerned. Imagine falling at that speed? The first thing she taught her was not to trip. The friction would tear her skin.

"Marie!!" She called, running to her side to help her up. The sleeves of her shirt were now ripped and the ground had grazed her elbows and knees. But she was fine, she was a lot stronger than some tiny cuts. Besides, she used to be really clumsy to the point Riko didn't want to teach her magic, she'd been through this before. "You okay?"

Marie nodded and stood beside her, not at all bothered by the trip as Riko was.

"You're so clumsy..." Riko pushed her glasses up, sighing at the situation.

"No..." Marie shook her head, "well, yes I am clumsy, but... I was tripped."

This caused Riko to quickly look around for the person who tripped her, although with the length Marie flew across the floor they could be miles back. But they quickly revealed themselves, and as Marie hoped, three members of Crimson inferno approached ready to fight.

"I honestly thought that fall was enough to take you out but clearly not," the girl in the middle sighed, Jasmine seemed to be herself this time, not a puppet.

The two Purpura Caelum girls looked at each other and prepared themselves to fight, they were about to charge when.

"No." Firmly, the small boy with the scary eyes spoke mainly to Riko. Slowly tiliting his head and widening his eyes, was he being creepy on purpose? "Your coming with us."

"Rea-"

Frozen, Riko was forced to stop speaking. Again possessed by Itzal's powers, again in no control of her actions.

The most movement she could manage was a small turn of her head, and quick apology to Marie before she disappeared. Her speed was used to separate the two, she was gone.

"See you later," Jasmine smiled as she followed Itzal to wherever Riko had disappeared too. They were in no rush apparently, they strolled to Riko's current location.

Leaving Marie alone with the other member of Crimson Inferno, who did nothing but wait for her to attack.

He was the one of took part in the Chariot competition, he was a lot bigger than the other members of the guild and Marie had no idea what his magic was, she hadn't been paying attention.

Half her wanted to go find Riko, to run away from this. Riko would probably need back up considering her last fight with Itzal, and Marie would probably need some herself. But she managed to stop herself, she was going to prove to everyone she was strong enough on her own. This time she was going to win.

Riko abruptly stopped in an area far way from her comrade, she hadn't seen this area before and didn't really remember the journey towards it. Although she had stopped, she still had no control over her body, Itzal probably realised she would run away the second he let go. He wasn't wrong.

After a minute of standing alone, he finally revealed himself along with his partner, Riko wondered if she ever had control over herself, or if she was being constantly manipulated by the smaller boy.

"I'm going to assume you don't want a conversation," Riko shouted to him as she was given the opportunity to use her mouth.

Itzal didn't respond to her.

"You picked me out but have no interest in me then?" She sighed, a little disappointed.

It took a few moments for the boy to speak back.

"I figured you'd be easy to beat," his monotone voice showed no sense of doubt.

Riko nodded, "you're right, I've already given up." She smile sadly, "I was hoping you'd run into Akio before you ran into me."

Itzal understood this, Akio was probably the only person with a chance, but he was going to ask anyway.

"Not the other girl, not (Y/n)?" He questioned, serious face never changing.

"I'm not stupid, I rather you not go near her," She glared at him, "I did tell her though, not everything, but she knows more of the truth."

"Did she recognise me?" He mocked, knowing that was impossible, your memories were gone.

Riko didn't appreciate this, "I didn't even tell her it was you," the secret still lied. "She just knows that I was there."

"Do you plan to tell her?" He asked out of genuine curiosity.

With all the strength she could muster in his control she managed to push her glasses up her face.

"I get the feeling..." she was silent, "that I'll forget."

Itzal nodded, as if he'd heard the correct answer. Meanwhile, Jasmine waited impatiently, ready for a fight. Riko noticed this.

"I know I'll lose," Riko changed the subject.

With no confidence at all, she smirked, a way of preparing herself for what was about to happen to her.

"You might as well make it look like I tried." She raised her arms slightly, "you know, for the sake of the audience."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 116 20
The Grand Magic Games are arriving and Sabertooth is kicking out all of the weaklings. He has to kick you out but doesnt want to. He does anyone beca...
37.2K 902 21
This was a book I wrote when I was 11 leave me alone. I was illiterate. You're a Sound Dragon Slayer called (Y/N) and you're Natsu's adoptive sister...
195K 5.7K 27
(Rogue Cheney x Reader) This was my first ever fanfic so prepare for a million grammar and spelling mistakes and also for a lot of unlogical things p...
428 1 38
The Elemental Dragon Slayer is just another dragon slayer, but she's more than she seems. Will she follow the path set before her? Or will she allow...