stars • d.m

By radravenclxw

{book 1} her eyes saw wonder. his eyes saw glory. what will it take for them to see what the other sees? More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1

2.4

7.9K 316 416
By radravenclxw

Clara Raney did not let Estella out of her embrace over the next few days. She most definitely did not let her out of her line of sight. Every other hour Estella would reassure her mother that she was okay. At one point, she wanted to tell her that she would not end up like father. Clara secretly thought about that, resulting in her being extra overprotective. Yet, not either one mentioned the possibility that it could have, once again, ended in that way.

The time for Estella to go back to Hogwarts was rolling in quickly. Clara Raney wanted nothing more than to cast a protection spell around her daughter and keep her at home. She knew that was absurd though. She also knew that part of her job as a mother was to show strength. So she did just that when she escorted Estella to the train station.

"I know you're worried, but I promise to be safe," Estella told her mother as they stood off to the side.

"I know you will. You're so brave sunshine, so so brave," Clara replied moving a piece of Estella's hair out of her face.

"You are too," Estella added.

The two proceeded to say their goodbyes before going separate their separate ways.

The exciting feeling arose in Estella's body the same way it did every year. She was excited to see her friends, even Draco Malfoy. Without trying to be obvious, she would glance through the crowd to see if she could spot the boy.

"Estella!" shouted a voice.

She turned to see Padma standing and waving with Luna by her side. With a wide grin, she ran over to her best friend and cousin and hugged them both tightly.

"I missed you two!" Estella exclaimed.

"Me too!" Padma replied.

"Where's Cedric?" Estella asked, looking back into the crowd.

"He could be gazing at Cho Chang from afar, like in a lovely book I read," Luna suggested.

"That would make sense," Estella added.

"Who knows, but if we don't find him, it won't take long for him to find us. Let's go get a seat," Padma said.

The three were searching for an empty compartment when they saw Cedric against the wall staring down the opposite direction.

"Cedric!" Estella called out.

The boy snapped out of his trance and greeted his friends.

"Who were you looking for?" Padma asked.

"No one!" The boy quickly answered.

"What about Cho Chang?" Luna asked.

"Why would I be looking for her?" Cedric nervously asked.

"Because you're interested in her," Luna answered.

"We're not fools, Cedric," Padma added.

Before the golden boy could say anything else, Estella chimed in and said, "okay, okay I think we should find seats before they're all taken."

After finding an empty compartment, the four spent the train ride talking about what each one did during the break. Upon arriving at Hogwarts, they all made their way to the sorting ceremony. Estella kept an eye out for Draco, but did not have any luck. Although she did make eye contact with Pansy Parkinson, who shot her glare.

Once in the great hall, the three girls made their way to the Ravenclaw table while Cedric went to the Hufflepuff table. Estella looked around the room. She saw Hermione, who was already looking at her, and waved.

"Draco is sitting near the end of his table," Luna said, grabbing a pastry.

"What?" Estella asked.

"You're looking for him aren't you? You know, I've never quite understood why people are so afraid of those that they like," Luna replied.

"I'm not afraid of Draco," Estella defended.

"Then why is it such a nerve racking thing to ask where he is?"

"Because I- it's not!"

"It's okay Estella, he's afraid too."

"How do you know?"

"Because he's looking around for you too."

Estella looked up to see the boy scanning the room. She shifted her body to get in his line of vision. The two then made eye contact and immediately smiled. Draco was the first to wave and Estella quickly did the same. Before their hearts could explode even more, they looked away.

"You see? That wasn't so hard," Luna said.

The ceremony had started and every now and then, the two would steal glances at each other. When the sorting was finished, Professor Dumbledore stood up to the podium. He began to make his annual announcements but before he was done, he said something that caught the attention of every student.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

Gasps and groans broke out across the hall. After silencing everyone, Dumbledore went on to explain that the Triwizard Tournament would be taking place. This seemed to please and excite everyone until he informed them that those seventeen and older could only participate. This caused groans and protests to break out again. After silencing everyone again, Dumbledore dismissed everyone to their dormitories.

The three met up with Cedric while walking through the halls.

"So are you going to compete, Cedric?" Padma asked.

"I'd like to," Cedric answered casually.

"I don't think you should. Do you know how many students died in the past? I don't want you to be a part of that number," Estella stated.

"You heard Dumbledore though, he said new safety rules have been set in place so that no one will die. It's the only way we're allowed to have this tournament in the first place," Padma said.

"I still don't think it's worth it," Estella added.

"It's just a tournament. Besides, my name may not even be chosen," Cedric reassured Estella.

Then, Estella felt someone grab her arm. She turned around to see Draco with a smile on his face.

"Draco," she said softly with a smile growing.

"Estella," Draco replied.

"We'll see you later, Estella," Padma said bluntly.

"Okay," she said looking back at her friends.

"Goodnight," Cedric said with a wink.

Estella turned back to the boy in front of her. The two stood in silence before they both spoke at the same time.

"How are-" "I was-"

"Oh I'm sorry" "you go ahead"

"No you start," Estella said.

"You first," Draco replied.

"No, no you started before me," Estella stated.

"No you did," Draco replied.

The two stood in silence again, waiting for one to start talking. Then they both broke out into laughter at the awkwardness they encountered.

"I was just going to ask how you were," Estella finally said.

"I'm good, how are you?" Draco asked.

"I'm great," Estella answered.

The two kept eye contact while silence drew upon them once again.

"What were you going to say?" Estella asked with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah," Draco said shaking his head, "I was looking for you, earlier I mean."

"Me too"

"You were?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? Why were you looking for me?"

"Because I wanted to see your face."

"Oh," Estella said flustered. Her heart started racing.

Then a voice broke the moment.

"Draco, are you coming?" Pansy Parkinson asked from behind Estella with her arms crossed.

"Yes, I'll be there in a minute," Draco answered frustrated.

"I should get to the common room," Estella stated.

"When can I see your face again?" Draco asked with a smile.

"We go to the same school, Malfoy," Estella replied lightly pushing his chest.

"Ouch," Draco said dramatically.

"That hurt you? I barely pushed you," Estella said.

"It wasn't the push. The last time you called me Malfoy was when you still hated me," Draco replied.

"Who said I stopped?" Estella smirked.

"Your eyes," Draco answered.

The race Estella's heart was running turned into a Cheetah chasing it's prey.

"Goodnight, Draco," Estella said rolling her eyes while smiling. She turned around to head towards the Ravenclaw common room.

"There it is, my first name," the boy said smiling. Estella turned around and gave him one last smile.

When Estella got to the common room, she walked over to where Padma was sitting and sat down next to her.

"So, what happened?" Padma asked not looking up from her book.

"I felt the entire universe in my soul."

A/N: IM SORRY ITS BEEN MONTHS BUT HERES THIS OKAY I HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND CONTINUE READING :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 3.3K 34
Sometimes, all you need is for someone to see the best in you.
2.6K 108 15
A collection of imagines about Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter books/movies. Feel free to leave a request!
39.5K 417 53
Draco malfoy x reader imagines.This is my first book,hope you like it <3
2.1K 110 3
"Draco Malfoy could see Hermione Granger pursuing the books in Flourish and Blotts. Or, rather, he could see Hermione Granger-Weasley. The Weasel was...