1.1

The day students went home for Christmas had come and Estella was ready to be home as soon as possible. As she walked down the train platform, searching for her mother, she waved at others who wished her a "Merry Christmas".

In the crowd, she finally saw her mother standing with a welcoming smile. Estella grinned and started walking faster.

"Hello sunshine," Clara Raney greeted, pulling her daughter into a tight embrace.

"Hi mum," Estella replied.

"It's so great to have you home," Clara said pulling back to look at Estella.

"I'm glad to be home too," Estella added.

A few days had passed and the mother and daughter had done a majority of their Christmas traditions. One day, Estella was sitting at the bay window, looking at the snow falling outside while Clara made hot chocolate for the both of them.

"Here you go," Clara said sitting down across from Estella while handing her a mug.

"Thank you," Estella smiled.

"So what's on your mind? ...or who?" Clara asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing"

"Really?"

"Mhm"

"Not even Mr. Draco Malfoy?"

Estella looked at her mother in the eye.

"That's the last person I would want to consume my thoughts," she said taking a sip of her drink.

"Was the project that bad?" Her mother asked with a playful laugh.

Estella gave her mother a look that indicated her answer.

"Estella dear, there will be many people like Draco Malfoy in the world-"

"Then the world is already doomed," Estella interrupted.

Clara sighed then continued, "anyways, we can't control the way one treats others, but we can control the way we treat that person back."

"I've tried being nice but he's just so-"

"Aggravating"

"Extremely"

"He pushes you to your limit"

"So far past my limit"

"Sounds like Malfoy has a crush"

"I think those six words have ruined my day"

Clara laughed, but Estella stayed quiet.

"The fact that you're not the first person who thinks that makes this situation worse," Estella stated.

"Really? Who else thinks so?" Clara edged on.

"Padma," Estella answered.

"Smart girl"

"Mum"

"Estella"

"Why would someone treat someone they like with so much hate?"

"Maybe because this is probably new to him and he doesn't know any other way to handle his emotions than his usual personality," Clara answered.

Estella looked back at the snow. She knew her mother was probably right.

"One thing you must remember, Estella, even the moon, master of the sea, illuminator of the night, has his craters."

A/N: quote credits go to l.k.

hello after like 9472273883 years! Sorry that this was short and bad. It'll hopefully get better as I get back in the hang of things. I hope you enjoyed and continue reading :)