0.1

Clara Raney and her daughter walked hurriedly through King's Cross Station. Once they arrived to platform nine, Clara stopped Estella.

"Okay dear, so you're going to walk straight through that wall"

Estella gave her mother a look.

"Are you serious?"

"There was really no other way to put it, dear"

"So you're telling me, that if I walk through that wall, I won't make a fool of myself and crash into it while all of these muggles give me looks?"

"Theoretically speaking, yes. I'll do it with you and we can run if you're nervous"

"Right, who wouldn't be nervous about running into a brick wall?"

Clara stood beside Estella with one hand on her shoulder and the other on the handle of the trolley. They took off into a little run as Estella's nerves told her to close her eyes. When she opened them and turned the corner, she saw a huge train with the words "Hogwarts Express" at the front. Seeing other witches and wizards with their families and pets made Estella excited. She didn't have any friends growing up, who were like her at least. So, going to a new school to meet new people and learn more about her abilities was something she was ecstatic about. While the mother and daughter walked down to where luggage was being boarded, Estella looked at all the people around her. She saw a large group of redheads with one of them, who must of been the mother, running around making sure her children had everything. Further down, other kids were showing off their pets and what cool tricks they had taught them.

Once her trunk and belongings were on the train, Clara pulled Estella to the side to say her goodbyes.

"Now, do not hesitate to write to me okay?" Said Clara as she fixed a piece of Estella's black hair that was falling out of the bobby pins holding it back, "I want to hear all about your adventures and of course, your classes. You're going to have so much fun, I just know it. I love you sunshine."

"I will, mum. I love you too," Estella said as she gave Clara a hug. Clara held tight to her daughter for a good amount of time before Estella finally broke the silence and said, "I think I better get on the train before they leave with my stuff but not me."

Clara laughed and let go. She gave Estella a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Goodbye sunshine"

"Bye mum!" Said Estella with a wave and a big smile.

"I hope whoever it is causing that smile is worth you zoning me out," Said Padma Patil with a smirk on her face.

"There is no one causing my smile," started Estella with a laugh, "I was just thinking about a memory...that only includes my mother."

"You still zoned me out," Padma replied with one eyebrow raised and arms crossed.

Outside of the compartment the two best friends were sitting in, one could hear the distant call of the trolley witch.

"If I buy you a Cauldron Cake, will you forgive me?" Asked Estella with a smile.

"Make it two, and I'll think about it," answered Padma with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Deal," said Estella and with that, she made her way out of the compartment, to the trolley.

The trolley and the sweet old witch pushing it was stopped with a couple of classmates waiting to get their treats. While waiting in the disoriented line, the train jolted causing everyone to try to maintain their composures. The lights started flickering, eventually going off. The train had come to a complete stop when people had started coming out into the hallway to see what was going on. Everyone was clueless as the air grew cold. An eerie feeling arose in Estella who was already starting to shiver a little bit. By then, everyone was silent and the only thing you could hear was the rain pouring down. Estella jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder.