24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

24

225K 5.9K 23.5K
By cliffordpunkrock

When I woke up in the morning I felt a lot better than I had the day before. My joints still had a bit of ghost pain but I could manage.

I took my antibiotic and then started to get ready for class.

After a shower, straightening my hair, and dressing in a pair of black shorts and a white tee shirt I did my makeup and put on my converse before heading out to the kitchen for breakfast.

Harry came into the kitchen after I made my coffee.

"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked.

"I'm okay." I smiled at him.

I went over and placed my hands on his side to balance myself so I could stretch up to kiss him.

He laughed at the gesture.

"This totally isn't strange."

"Why do you say that?" I leaned against the counter.

"Because a week ago we wouldn't have spoken to each other, and now we're kissing each other good morning." He shook his head. "It's just...going to take some getting used to."

"We'll get used to it." I pinched his cheek and he moved away from me.

"Stop that." He laughed.

After breakfast I grabbed my school bag and he got his satchel before we left to go to chemistry.

My knees were still a bit achy and I winced as we started to climb the stairs.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah i'm fine." I tried to smile but it came out more like a grimace.

When we got to class I was happy to sit down.

I pulled out my notebook and a pen and looked over at Harry who was sitting next to me, watching me.

"You're hurting."

"I'm fine."

"Emma don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying."

"Yes you are."

I rolled my eyes and turned my head away.

The professor walked in and started the powerpoint so we could begin taking notes.

I began writing down the notes for today's lesson, but about fifteen minutes in my hand began cramping.

I stopped and stretched my hand.

I took a big breath before going to write again but my notebook was taken off my desk and my pen from my hand.

I looked over to see Harry now copying down the notes from the power point for me.

My cheeks flared in embarrassment.

I watched as Harry finished my notes for me the entire class. Once class was done I watched as he packed up my bag and handed it to me.

"Harry i'm sorry." I said as we walked out of class.

"You lied to me, Emma. I asked if you were hurting and you said no." He whipped around to almost yell at me.

"I'm sorry! My hands weren't hurting that badly when I woke up, I didn't think it was going to be a problem!"

I noticed a girl looking at us and I sighed.

"Can we not do this here?" I said through my teeth.

"Fine." He quipped and then walked away.

I followed him.

"Harry, please, I wasn't lying to you."

"You know what, its fine, Emma, really. I'm just looking out for you." He shook his head.

"I know that and i'm sorry."

He sighed.

"It's fine, Emma."

We made our way to the caf for lunch and I took a tray, Harry watching me carefully.

I went to the salad bar to make myself a salad.

"Hey you're Emma right?"

I looked up to see a very attractive guy next to me in line. He had black hair styled in a quiff and was wearing a grey basketball tee shirt that matched his eyes.

"Yeah, I am." I smiled.

"My name's Devin." He held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Are you going to the bonfire this weekend?"

"Oh, um I don't know. Where is it?"

"It's at the shore line, but everyone's going."

"Hmm, maybe I will."

"Cool, I hope I see you there." Devin winked and I laughed.

I finished making my salad and then went to sit at a booth, Harry slamming his tray down on the table across from me.

"What is your problem?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Shut up." He muttered.

My jaw dropped at his behaviour.

I scoffed before eating my lunch.

After lunch I had Spanish class. Harry ignored me the whole time. Once class was over we went to the apartment where Harry stormed inside and slammed the door shut.

"Harry, what is your problem?!" I yelled at him.

"None of your fucking business!" He growled before going into his room and slamming that door shut as well.

But this time I wasn't going to let him get away with shutting me out, so I sat myself down in front of his door.

I could hear him pacing around in there and then heard him sit down on his bed.

I honestly had done nothing wrong, so whatever he was pissed about was not my fault.

I stayed outside his door, even doing my homework until I heard him coming out, so I looked up as he opened the door, his eyes landing on me.

He stood in the doorway, anger still very much clear on his face.

"What am I to you?" He asked and my eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"What. Am. I. To. You."

"You're my bodyguard, you're my friend, we're kissing buddies- I mean you know all of this." I said but he clenched his jaw.

"So that's it? That's all I am? Your kissing buddy?"

I let out a breath.

"What are you getting at? What did you think we were?"

He looked away from me, his jawline so sharp I could cut myself on it.

But as he looked away from me in so much frustration, anger and hurt...I realised what he was thinking.

"Oh." I said. "Oh."

I sat up as he shook his head, closing his eyes in annoyance.

"You thought we were-"

"Forget it." He went to go back in his room but I rose up and grabbed his arm.

"Harry, you never told me that's what you wanted!" I said and he turned around.

"I thought it was obvious when we said we would do this for real."

"I thought you meant obvious as in offical friends with benefits, but if that's what you want you have to tell me."

This seemed to be so difficult for him.

I let go of his arm.

"I don't want to keep fighting with you, so just decide what you want. This is the last time." I said before walking away.

I looked back to see him still in the hallway, watching me.

I went in my room, climbing up on my bed and laying down.

As I stared up at the ceiling I let out a big breath.

He thought we were together. He thought we were an item. Dating. Boyfriend and girlfriend.

I had thought we were fuck buddies.

I covered my eyes with my hands and whined.

Why was everything with him so complicated.

There was a knock at my bedroom door and I sat up to see Harry standing there.

Our eyes met but then he cast them down and stepped forward.

"I'm not good with feelings or emotions...or women."

I smirked at this.

"I don't know how to talk to you, and I don't know how to tell you what i'm thinking without getting angry and frustrated with myself and then I take it out on you and-"

"Harry, get to your point." I interrupted him.

"I'm all in, its wrong and I shouldn't be but I am. So are you in too or not?"

"Harry, what exactly are you asking me."

I teased him a little and he shook his head, knowing I was messing with him.

"I'm asking you," he stepped forward, "to be my secret girlfriend. So do you want me to be your secret boyfriend or not?"

He kept walking until he was right in front of me.

I looked up at him with a blank face before placing my hand on the back of his neck and bringing him down so I could kiss him.

I then pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

"No."

His eyes went wide and his whole expression dropped.

"I'm just kidding."

He froze.

"You're not funny." He glared at me but I busted into laughter before going back to kiss him.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." I laughed.

"You're terrible." He smiled before locking his lips to mine again.

When we parted for air he placed his hands on my shoulders and stepped back.

"I'm not promising to be good at this, or that I won't make mistakes, or that this isn't a horrible horrible idea," he said and I laughed at this, "but i'll try if you try."

"I'll try." I nodded. "Just don't cheat on me, because then I really will make sure the only place you work is a gas station in Tacoma."

He laughed at this before we kissed again.

"So earlier today at lunch, what were you so angry about?"

"That guy flirted with you and you flirted back, and I realised we were at a place where you could just drop me and be with someone else and it wouldn't be anything, but I don't want to share you."

"So you were jealous." I coyly smiled and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't push it, Princess."

"I like pushing things." I smirked before I kissed him again.

"You're going to be the death of me aren't you?" He laughed.

"You bet." I winked.

He stepped back again and scratched the back of his neck.

"So...where do we go from here?" He asked.

His unsureness was cute.

"We could go on a date?" I suggested.

"We can't go out in public in that way though." He said and looked down in thought. "We could do it here?"

"Okay." I smiled.

He looked a bit excited by this.

"Okay, tomorrow. We'll do it tomorrow night."

"Alright. Am I planning it or are you?"

"I'll do it." He smiled.

I laughed at his excitement.

Harry then went to his room while I finished up the rest of my homework and contacted my professor to set up a time to retake my math test.

After I was done I went to find something for dinner and found Harry digging through the fridge.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I need this ingredient to make dinner tomorrow night but we don't have it." He sighed. "I'll send one of the other agents to get what I need."

"You're making me dinner?" I playfully grinned and he laughed.

"I am. I just spent an hour googling at home date ideas."

"Dork." I ruffled his hair and he batted my hand away.

We had leftover chicken and pasta for dinner and then I went to go watch tv.

Mid way into my show Harry came up and took the remote, changing the channel.

"Hey!" I frowned.

"NCIS." He said and I rolled my eyes. "You have a laptop and Netflix in your room, watch your show in there."

"But I want to watch tv in here."

"That's sucks for you."

"Ugh." I stood up. "You're rude as hell."

"Emma." He said as I marched back to my room.

"No! You're so rude to me!"

I went in my room and closed the door behind me, grabbing my laptop and sitting on my bed.

I plugged in my headphones, and then laid down, watching my show.

I got through a couple episodes of Parks & Rec before I heard the sound of Harry clear his throat behind me.

I ignored him.

Then he took one of my headphones out of my ear.

"Hey!" I sat up to look at him.

"Talk to me." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh now you want to talk to me? Did hell freeze over? Are pigs flying?"

"Don't start this." He immediately got annoyed.

"Why because you know i'm right? You ignore me and act like a jack ass to me until I can do something that satisfies your needs."

"So you think I only want you to make out with when I feel like it?"

I shrugged.

He sighed.

"If that's what you really think then you can forget about earlier and i'll request to be taken off duty as your live in guard."

He stuck his hands in his pockets and then turned to walk out of my room.

"No, Harry, wait!" I jumped off my bed and ran after him, grabbing onto his arm. "That's not what I want."

"Then what do you want?!" He turned around and shouted. "What do you want, Emma?! What. Do. You. Want!"

"I want you to be someone that I don't have to worry about. I never know with you! One minute I want to kiss you and the next I want to punch you in the face! You drive me insane!"

"Because I don't know how to handle you! You're unpredictable and I don't like that! I'm used to situations where I know what's going to happen and how to handle it, or at least I know every avenue it could go and what to do at every turn but you're not like that! You're not something I can figure out and that frustrates me!"

"Well i'm sorry i'm not one of your military test strikes! I'm a person! A person! You don't get to figure me out!"

"Then what do I do with you?!"

"Care for me! Want me! Fight for me! Treat me with respect! Protect me! Be nice to me! That's what you do with me! That's what we do with each other if we ever want this to work out. This won't be easy. It never is. But if you want me then you'll do this anyways. This is your get out of jail free card. Right here. We can go back to never speaking and hating each other without fear of one of us bringing it up, or we could go forward and try to be something. So what is it? What do you choose?"

He clenched his fists and his jaw before looking away.

"You know what, we can go with the first option because i'm-"

I couldn't finish my sentence because he turned and slammed me against the wall, his lips crashing into mine with so much force I swore we broke through the sheetrock.

His hands gripped my waist tightly while mine threaded themselves in his hair.

His tongue tasted like tea as it swiped against mine and I melted into the kiss, letting out a soft noise of pleasure.

Harry roughly kissed my lips once more before moving back to look in my eyes. 

"What the bloody hell do you think I choose?"

--

*forever squeals!!!!!!*

We're almost at 2k reads on the story!! Thank you guys so much!

Don't forget to comment and vote (it only takes a second!!) and i'll have the next chapter up soon!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.4K 149
THIS IS ANNA & ANNA 2- Now, everyone can listen! ~~~~~ ANNA: When she is fourteen, her family moves to Holmes Chapel and Anna forms an immediate bond...
3M 74.7K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...
35.2K 1.7K 78
How much of yourself do you put into Fan Fiction? Would Harry Styles be able to track you down? ––– DreamingOfYou writes Fan Fiction about Harr...
223K 4.7K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...