24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

21

222K 6.5K 15.3K
By cliffordpunkrock

Jamie glared at Harry.

Harry glared at Jamie.

I stood there like a frozen gazelle between a lion and a tiger, wondering which would be the first to strike.

"This is how you protect her?! By making out with her and using her?!" Jamie suddenly stormed forward and pushed Harry away from me but Harry was stronger and shoved Jamie back.

"You know nothing. You're a child. Stop acting like you know everything." Harry barked.

"She's a child!" Jamie pointed at me.

"Stop!" I moved between them. "Jamie, it was just a prank, it's nothing serious."

"A prank?" He looked at me incredulously.

"We've been having a prank war for the last week and this was my prank. I know it looked bad and I see that, but I promise it's not serious."

"Is that true." He looked at Harry.

"Yes." Harry said in a stone cold voice.

Jamie looked at me.

"Media room. Ten minutes. We're not finished with this conversation."

He stormed out of my room.

When the door slammed closed I let out a breath and then turned to Harry to see him leaving as well.

"Wait Harry, wait!" I ran after him and tugged on his arm.

"This has gone too far, Emma." He turned around to look at me. "This is over. Officially over. No more kissing and the looks...this is ending. Now."

I didn't even know what to say as he left my room.

I didn't want to leave my room because I knew I was just going to be walking to my death, but I had to.

I grabbed my text books and then made my way to the media room, my head hanging down.

When I walked in he was sitting at the front, waiting for me.

"Just a prank, huh?" Were the first words out of his mouth. "It looked pretty intense."

"Jamie, it's nothing, I promise."

"After everything that jerk has done to you how could you even think about kissing him. Prank or no prank."

"I don't know. I thought it would be funny."

He shook his head.

"Jamie, please don't tell my Dad. It wasn't Harry's fault and nothing will ever happen again so please, just forget what you saw."

He shook his head.

"I will. I want to get that visual out of my head."

I smiled.

"I'm going to go study in the kitchen, give you some space." I patted his arm. "But thanks for not saying anything."

"Don't thank me, just never kiss him again."

I laughed as I picked up my books before leaving.

I went to the kitchen and then to the freezer, grabbing a carton of ice cream before sitting down at the counter with my books, taking a spoonful.

My kiss with Harry was obviously not a prank, but he thought it was. He should've known better.

Living with him was going to be hell now.

Whatever.

If worse came to worse I could ask for another body guard.

I opened my laptop and book before continuing to work on my essay.

Writing was a stress reliever to me.

In high school I wrote short stories and poetry as a stress reliever, maybe I could do that again.

And since I was so stressed I ended up getting a majority of my essay done. I was thinking of my topic sentence when I felt someone sit next to me.

Looking to my left I was surprised to see Harry there.

"I thought you would be avoiding me like I was the scum of the earth." I said.

"I was planning on it but it seems like wherever I go to avoid you, you're already there." He sighed.

"Maybe its fate." I said with a small shrug of my shoulders.

"Maybe."

I rested my chin on my hand before looking up at him.

"It wasn't a prank."

"Emma, don't." He shook his head.

"No, I have to say this because I don't want you to think that me kissing you was a prank. I kissed you because I wanted to kiss you."

"You shouldn't want to kiss me."

"Like you shouldn't want to kiss me."

"Exactly." He sighed.

"I know that this is wrong, and that we can't be doing what we're doing, but earlier I was sitting in my room, and I was thinking about you. I was wondering if you were out at some bar flirting with a girl...and I got jealous."

I shook my head.

"And I know you don't like me like that, and I shouldn't like you, but I was jealous. I didn't want you to be around any other girl than me."

"I never said I didn't like you." He said.

"You hate me." I rolled my eyes.

"Because if I hate you, then I don't have to worry about liking you in ways I shouldn't."

"You like me?" I looked up at him.

"I do." He said, looking down at me with a sheepish smile. "I shouldn't and I don't know why i'm telling you, but yes, I like you."

"I couldn't get the kiss out of my head. You know, the first time you kissed me? I haven't stopped thinking about it."

"Me either." He gave a little laugh. "God this is so wrong."

"I know...but that's what makes it exciting."

"No that's what makes it dangerous, and practically illegal, and could get both of us in trouble."

I nodded.

"I don't want to stop kissing you and giving looks and wondering when you're going to make a move on me again." I admitted. "It's wrong, but I want it."

"Neither do I. But I know that if this keeps going it will get to a point where we won't be thinking as clearly and as rationally as we are now."

"So then maybe we stop, but we become friends."

"That's too complicated." He shook his head.

"More complicated than making out with each other?"

"We could make out no strings attached." He suggested.

"No, we already have feelings and they will only get worse so we'd just be feeding the monster."

"Then I don't know what to do." He sighed.

I closed my eyes.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I asked him.

"No." He replied. "Unless you count my kindergarten girlfriend, then yes."

I laughed at this.

"Why?" He then asked.

"I was just wondering. I didn't know."

"Well I know you've had five boyfriends." He said with a bit of a judgemental time.

"Yeah. So what?"

"Isn't that a lot?"

"Well obviously none of them lasted, and that's not a lot. But I don't think the number of people you date matters. Who cares. It doesn't make you a better or worse person."

He nodded.

"Why do you like me?" He asked.

"Because you may be mean and scream at me and make me want to punch you sometimes, but I can tell that you care and that somewhere inside you have a heart. I want to get to know you."

He smiled.

"Why do you like me?" I asked.

He took a deep breath.

"You're annoying, frustrating, and constantly make me want to bang my head against a wall, but you're kind and sometimes you make me laugh when i'm not trying to be a douche to you, and you bring out the best in people. I know that because you're slowly bringing it out of me."

I looked down to see his hand resting on his thigh, and I reached over to take his hand in mine.

He flinched but then let me.

"We can't be together...but we could try and be possible friends." He said slowly.

"I'd like that." I smiled.

"Friends with benefits."

I laughed at this.

"Friends with kissing benefits." I squeezed his hand.

He smiled at this.

After a few minutes I let go of his hand.

"My ice cream is melting." I frowned.

"Care to share?"

"No there's more in the freezer. Get your own." I pulled my carton away from him.

He laughed before getting up and going to the freezer, looking around until he came back with a carton.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Salted caramel." He read the label.

"Ooo." I went to get a bite but he batted me away.

"No, it's mine."

"Share with me." I pouted, poking out my bottom lip.

"It's going to cost you." He smirked.

"Yeah? What's the price?"

"Hmm, you tell me." He leaned in a bit closer and I closed the distance between us, kissing his pink lips.

I pulled away and he moved the carton between us.

"I like this deal." I smiled, Harry laughing at my comment.

"So what did you do today?" I asked after a few minutes of us eating our dessert.

"Worked out this morning and then went to the mall to get some new clothes."

"Yeah? Did you get something other than black skinny jeans?" I toyed with him.

"I did in fact. I got new black tee shirts." He smirked.

We laughed at this.

"So Mila told us that she wants to invite you to her birthday party. We're all pretty convinced she has a crush on you."

He shook his head.

"Why would she want me at her birthday party?

"Because she likes you!"

"She's a little young for me." He winked.

"I'm younger than you." I pointed out.

"Yes but she's 3 and you're 18, so do you see where age may be a factor?"

I smiled.

"So my age doesn't bother you?" I asked him.

"No. The fact that you're the presidents daughter bothers me and so does the fact that if we get caught doing whatever we're doing I will lose my job, and the undeniable fact that this is totally against my contract and I would never get a job again because I would get blacklisted for getting it on with the presidents daughter bothers me."

"We've never "gotten it on" and were not going to get caught."

He shrugged.

"Come on." I stood up and grabbed my books.

"Where are we going?"

"My room."

He shook his head.

"I can't go back there with you, it will look suspicious. Let's continue this conversation in the apartment where i'm in control of the surroundings."

"Fine." I agreed. "But at least walk me back to my room."

He agreed to this and we began to walk that direction.

"Next week I need to get my nails done again, I was thinking you could try getting a colour on your nails this time." I winked at him.

"Funny. And that lady was laughing at me."

"Because you looked so angry." I giggled.

"She was poking my fingers with sharp tools!"

As we turned the corner, still laughing, I looked up and noticed my Dad walking our direction.

"Dad." I said when Harry stopped laughing, his body becoming more rigid.

"Emma. Harry. What are you two doing up?" He asked as he approached us, a smile on his face.

"He's walking me back to my room. I went to the kitchen for a study break and we ran into each other."

"I was just on my way there! There's a carton of salted caramel ice cream i've been waiting all day to get my hands on."

Harry's face paled.

"That sounds amazing." I smiled.

"Well, thank you for seeing Emma back to her room safely. I see we made a good choice with you." My Dad clapped Harry on the shoulder before kissing me on the cheek and heading out on his way.

When my Dad turned the corner I burst into laughter.

"I ate his ice cream." Harry looked so angry at himself.

"He'll never know it was you." I continued to giggle at him.

"Still. I ate the presidents ice cream."

"Boo hoo, you big baby. Relax."

He rolled his eyes.

"Let's get you back to your room before you get us in more trouble."

I smiled as he continued to walk us back to my bedroom.

When we arrived at my door I opened it before turning around to face him.

"I'm glad we talked tonight." I said to him. "Now were on the same page...I hope."

"We are." He nodded.

"Thanks for the ice cream." I gave him a shy smile.

"Thanks for the conversation. I'm still getting used to it but it's nice."

"Goodnight, Harry." I laughed, watching his smile widen as I closed the door to my room.

I took off my makeup and put up my hair after I changed into my pyjamas.

When I got into bed I looked to see Harry had texted me.

--
From: Harry

I passed your father in the hallway. He knew someone ate his ice cream. He was mad.

--
--
Lol should I be a tattle tale and tell him who ate it?

--
--
From: Harry

I'm sorry, I was under the impression we were friends now. Friends don't do that to each other.

--
--
True, but it be funny to see him yell at you.

--
--
From: Harry

He'd yell?

--
--
Probably not. He rarely ever yells. I just wanted to make you nervous ;)

--
--
From Harry:

Well if it's any consolation you constantly keep me on edge, Princess.

--
--
I'm nothing if not consistent ;) Night, Harry.

--

The next morning I opened my door to leave for breakfast and about jumped out of my skin when I saw a person outside my door.

I gasped as I jumped away from then until I realised it was Harry.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry." He yawned.

"You're back on duty today?"

"Yeah. My shift stared at four this morning."

"I think that was about the time that in my dream the giant spider crushed the empire state building." I said and he chuckled.

"If that's what you dream about I don't even want to know what goes through your head in the daytime."

I laughed at this.

"So friend," I elbowed his side, "what is our first act of friendship going to be? Salon trip? Rom-com marathon? Oh we could bake cookies!"

He rolled his eyes at me.

"What the hell did I get myself into?" He sighed, making me smile at my success of annoying him.

This was going to be fun.

--

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 1k READS ALREADY!

That may not seem like much but its the most i've ever gotten so quickly so THANK YOU THANK YOU I LOVE YOU!

Don't forget to comment and vote (if only takes a second!!!!)

I'll update soon!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 355 9
๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ. After losing her mother, Dorothea Dixon decides it's time...
15.7M 323K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...
106K 4.5K 149
THIS IS ANNA & ANNA 2- Now, everyone can listen! ~~~~~ ANNA: When she is fourteen, her family moves to Holmes Chapel and Anna forms an immediate bond...
2.4K 142 45
Harper Lee Richards is in New York City for a friends bachelorette party weekend trip. What was supposed to be a fun, carefree girls trip turned into...