together | ethan

By bronzethan

sequel to bestfriends. carter is finally back from australia to seek a fixing in her relationship with ethan... More

disclaimer
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
inspiration
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one

fourteen

8.7K 216 332
By bronzethan

"Morning," he mumbles into my ear as he hugged me from behind.

I lightly smile, "sleep well?" My mouth was stuffed with the breakfast Lisa prepared that morning.

"I guess," he takes some food off of the serving plates with his fingers making me giggle.

"Well at least you had fun last night. I got stuck being the designated driver, so I couldn't drink and get shit-faced like everyone else."

I laugh, shaking my head.

"By the way, I need to talk to you." Grayson adds, pointing at me. I furrow my eyebrows, obviously confused as to why he had something to say.

Ethan, of course, was too busy munching on his food to hear that Grayson said that.

I just nod my head, following Grayson out of the kitchen and into the living room which was quite far from ear-reach from Ethan and his mom.

I cross my arms over each other, raising an eyebrow as I waiting for him to talk.

"What is this?" Suddenly my big girl intimidating act was washed away when he pulls out the positive pregnancy test, and I'm left speechless.

"Well?" He asks again, getting impatient.

"That's not mine," I try to come up with a lie, but obviously it doesn't work when Grayson scoffs.

"So you mean to tell me it's Ethan's? Carter, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out this is yours."

I sigh in defeat. I was embarrassed. And I'm not even sure why. Was it because the guy who had or has a crush on me figured out I'm pregnant and his twin brother is the one who did it?

"Don't tell Ethan," I say, "at least not yet."

"I wasn't gonna," he shakes his head, "I don't want to be the one who tells him when the one who tells him should be you."

"I'm really scared," I admit out loud.

"I know.." he says, "I can see it in your facial expressions," he chuckles.

"He's going to college..." I say sadly, "this is gonna ruin him."

"That's not true. He loves you more than anything."

"Not enough to ditch Princeton. It's an Ivy League. He has to go. It's been his dream since forever."

"I mean, from here to Princeton, it's like an hour drive..."

"Grayson... I live in Australia."

I stay silent for a moment before I reply with, "what if it stresses him out?" I furrow my eyebrows, "he'd have to live with the fact that he's going to college and supporting a baby too." I say, "isn't that too much?"

"You tell me."

"Grayson, you're the only person who knows. For now, I need to keep it that way."

He nods sincerely, "you'll get through this. You're the strongest girl I know," he chuckles trying to lighten the mood.

I nod, trying to keep myself stable. I'm freaking out on the inside. I don't know what everyone will think of me.

"Carter, I'm going to the store to pick up some stuff, just thought I'd let you know." Ethan shouts from the other room. I reply with an okay before groaning and plopping onto the brown leather couch.

ETHAN'S POV

Pizza? No pancakes. Ugh but I just had pancakes. This decision is so hard!

Fuck it, I tell myself before throwing both a frozen pizza and pre-made pancakes into the cart. I continued grabbing more things off the shelves that my mom said I have to buy for her.

Cereal? Where's that? I ask myself as I looked at the list my mom prepared for me.

Oh, there is it.

I grab some random cereal, throwing it into the cart. What's next?

⊠ milk
⊠ eggs
⊠ turkey
⊠ orange juice
⊠ cereal
□ tampons

You've gotta be kidding, mom. I swear she does these things on purpose.

I sigh, walking over to the aisle where I'd find them. I felt so uncomfortable, it was unreal.

I glanced around, but couldn't seem to find them. Where the fuck are they?

"Looking for these?"

I turn around to the voice. A girl around my age wearing black jeans, a beanie and a jean jacket was holding a box of tampons in her hand.

I cross my arms, a smirk played on my face, "how'd you know?"

She chuckles, shaking her head before pulling out a piece of paper from her jacket pocket, "you dropped your shopping list."

"They were for my mom. Not for me," I laugh, "obviously."

"They're also the last one, so..." she teases me by waving the box in her hand.

I sigh, "take it."

"Wow, thanks," she says, "besides I'm not even on my period."

"What?"

"I just took it to tease you," she mentions, "if you want it, you can have it."

"I'm surprised how generous you are," she adds.

"Do I not look generous?" I ask, and eyebrow raised.

"Not one bit." She shakes her head, throwing the box at me. I catch it, throwing it into the cart.

"So what should I call this generous boy?" She asks, leaning on one leg.

"Ethan."

"Ethan.. basic name, but I like it." She smiles, "I'm Jasmine."

She reminded me of Carter. In a way, they were alike, but at the same time so different.

Carter used to be exactly like her. Upfront, confident, didn't care what people thought of her, and last but not least, had absolutely no filter to her mouth, meaning she said anything she wanted whenever, and no one could hold her back.

But then, her feelings got in the way and changed all of that. Now she's this soft girl who I absolutely can't get enough of. Who I'm in love with. Not that I didn't love the old Carter any less. I love her nonetheless.

"Well, thanks for the tampons Jasmine. But I should really be going."

"Sure. See ya, Ethan."

----

Jasmine and I exchanged numbers soon after. I felt as if we could become close friends.

She seemed super cool.

"I'm home!" I shut the front door behind me, walking into the kitchen with the bags in both hands. I set them onto the table before walking into the living room where I see Carter fast asleep on our couch.

I jump into the spot next to her, making her groan annoyed. I press a bunch of kisses to her face until she pushes me away. I laugh, pulling her into a hug while she stuffed her face in my neck. I felt her plant a kiss there making me grin like an idiot.

"I got you something," I whisper to her.

"What is it?" I could feel her lips moving considering how close they were to my neck.

"Come and see," I chuckle, getting up off the couch and running into the kitchen.

I grab the bouquet of flowers, hiding it behind my back; excitement filling me.

She walks into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and yawning before looking over at me.

She gives a confused look at my grinning face.

I grab her hand, pulling her closer to me before bringing the flowers out from behind my back.

She chuckles, grabbing the flowers, "this is cheesy."

"This is romantic," I correct her, playfully roll my eyes.

"I love it," she says, looking up at me. I could see in her eyes something wasn't making her happy, but without her telling me, I was clueless.

So I decided to ask her.

"What's on your mind?"

She cocks her head to the side a bit, "nothing... why do you ask?"

"I can see right through you, Carter."

She sighs, throwing her bead back. "I snooped through your computer and found out you're going to college." She says it all really fast. I was barely able to catch that, but I did.

When I didn't reply, she took it as I was mad. But I was really just trying to take in the information.

"Are you mad? I'm sorry, I really am, okay? I was a curious girlfriend, you know? It's what girls do. You can go to Princeton, I'll still be here maybe. I love you okay? Please don't be mad," She quickly says, wrapping her arms around my torso.

I laugh, "Carter, baby, I'm not mad."

I feel her smile against my chest, "did you just call me baby?"

I grin, "mhm."

"Wow, I could get used to that," she chuckles, hugging me tighter.

I lift her chin, planting a small kiss onto her lips, "me too."

__________________

END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN

new character alert ;)

did y'all see those tweets that some of us are gonna be in the video tomorrow. BITCHHHH if I'm in it I will FREAK

also sorry for the no updates, I'm literally at volleyball practice ALL DAY

ok that was an exaggeration, it's actually only from 3-6pm but I wake up at like 12 or 1 haha oops

anyway love u guys (and ethan a lot) PEACE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
13.3M 549K 200
"I'm a monster!" he shouted in my face, his veins popping out on his neck. I tried to hold my tears but failed, all these months of patience and an...
25.3K 1K 17
What if when Odin ordered Frigga out of the room when her son was at his trial after the events of "The Avengers", Frigga refused to leave. She deman...
220K 8.5K 41
"We are like parallel lines: always close, never together." Book 1. In which two completely different people always seem to end up finding a way tow...