24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

20

251K 6.6K 18.2K
By cliffordpunkrock

My night was spent deciding what prank I would pull first on Harry.

I hadn't decided when I fell asleep, but was rudely awoken by blaring music.

I screamed, falling out of my bed before looking up to find the music was blaring from my speakers.

Harry.

I screamed again in frustration before getting up and turning the speakers off. Harry had connected to my speakers again before playing the music.

"Harry!" I yelled but was only met with the sound of cackling coming from his room.

It was 5:30, so I guess this was my wake up call.

I grit my teeth and stood up, heading to the bathroom to shower.

After I showered I went to do my makeup, waiting until I heard Harry shower before I ran to the kitchen.

I opened the pantry and found the box of macaroni and cheese before opening it to take out the packet of powdered cheese.

I then got the pitcher of orange juice and dumped it out before filling it with water and then mixing in the cheese powder.

I put it up and hid my evidence before going back to my room.

I finished getting ready and once I heard Harry go into the kitchen I went out there as well to watch my handy work play out.

I sat down with a cup of coffee and then watched him make his eggs and toast before going to pour his juice.

It took everything in me not to laugh.

I watched as he went to take a sip of the orange juice and as soon as he did he spit it out into the sink, this causing me to erupt into giggles.

"Oh my God! What did you do?!" He exclaimed before gulping down water.

"Cheese powder in water." I smiled.

"You're pure evil." He gave a disgusted look. "Ugh, that was disgusting."

"Do you want to back out now?" I smirked at him.

"No." He glared.

"You sure?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Positive." He spat, then grabbed the "orange juice" pitcher and poured it all down the sink.

I was giddy on my way to class, smiling at the success of my prank but knowing in the back of my head that Harry was planning his retaliation.

When I sat down at my desk and began to get my supplies out I received a text from my Mom.

--
Mom:

We are having new formal portraits taken this weekend. Jamie and Mila will be here too! :)

--

I looked over at Harry.

"You'll be happy to know your best friend Mila will be at the White House this weekend." I said.

He gave me a small smile.

"Maybe she can help me prank you."

"Shut up." I lightly hit his arm.

At lunch we went to the caf, and when we sat down with our trays I looked up at him as he took a bite of his chicken.

"So I have a question." I blurted out.

"What?" He asked.

"Why did you go to military school?"

He froze.

"That's none of your business."

"Woah, cranky. It's just a question. I didn't think that it was personal."

"Well it is. Mind your own place." He shot me a dirty look before angrily taking a bite of his mashed potatoes.

"Fine." I stuck out my tongue at him before sipping some water. "But you could tell me at least how you went from military school to here."

"Because i'm good at what I do. Now can you shut up so we can eat? I'm starving."

Lunch was quiet, and when we got to my next class he sat next to me, pulling out his laptop.

"What are you doing?" I asked since he never took it out.

"I'm getting ideas for payback you wicked little twit."

I smiled.

"How kind you arrogant psychotic bastard."

He pointed at me as if to say "you got me there", and then went back to scrolling through prank idea sites.

Back at the apartment I did my homework in the living room so I could spread out, and Harry eventually came in to make dinner.

"I'm making chicken and rice, do you want any?" He called out to me.

"Sure." I said back, flipping through the pages of my psychology book while I found topic  points and quotes for my essay.

When dinner was ready I went and made a plate, and an idea for a prank popped into my head.

I sat down and waited until he had started eating until I took a bite. I then began to fake choke, Harry looking over at me.

"What did you put in here?" I wheezed, clutching at my chest.

"Uh-uh-uh- chicken, rice, salt, pepper, paprika-"

"I'm allergic to paprika!"

"No! No I know your allergies. You're allergic to cashews, mould, and bees-"

"And paprika." I said as I sucked in a dramatic breath.

He rushed forward and pulled me out of the chair before laying me on the ground. I watched as he panicked and then I finally gave in, laughing hysterically.

Harry backed up and looked at me, realising I was faking before standing up.

"UGH!" He slammed his fist on the counter. "Damn it, Emma!"

"Your face was hilarious." I giggled, still laying there on the floor. "That was great."

"I hate you." He rolled his eyes.

I sat back up and then continued to eat my dinner.

"Look who's on a winning streak." I smiled smugly.

"Don't get too cocky. Expect it when you least expect it."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Dinners good by the way."

"Of course it is."

"Now who's cocky?"

After dinner I cleaned up and then made my way to the bathroom. The toilet lid was down which was weird so I went to open it but was greeted by a clown face.

I screamed, slamming the lid down before running out of the bathroom, Harry in the hallway waiting.

He busted into laugher when I reached the hallway and held his stomach, cracking up at my panic stricken face.

"You asshole!" I hit his arm.

"That was brilliant." He laughed, a genuine hearty laughter.

"I hate you!" I stormed into the bathroom, ripping the paper clown face off the toilet so I could crumple it into a ball and throw it away.

I couldn't help but think of how Grayson would've murdered me for that prank.

We both retreated that night on the pranking, and he had another attack planned for me the next afternoon when he so kindly filled my oreos with toothpaste.

That evening I had a team come to fit me for my dress for the family portraits, and Harry had to stand there and watch while I was fitted and fawned over by stylists and designers.

Once they left and Harry had locked the door behind them he walked back to his room where stayed the rest of the evening.

The next morning I arrived at my world lit class and opened up my notebook. I went to write the date at the top but my pen wouldn't work, and that's when I realised it wasn't the pen, the pages were covered in white out.

"Harry!" I glared at him only to watch him smile and laugh at me. "You're an ass."

"I didn't think it would work." He chuckled. "Guess who's winning now."

"How am I supposed to take notes?"

"With a pen and paper-oh wait." He smirked.

I angrily shoved my notebook back in my back pack and then out of spite I went to stab Harry in the leg with the pen, but his training obviously paid off because he grabbed my wrist and yanked the pen out of it with his other hand.

"Nice try, Princess, but i'm faster."

I was forced to take all of my notes on my laptop, and then once we got to lunch I angrily threw my stuff down in the booth.

"How long did it take you to do that?" I asked him.

"All night basically, but it was worth it."

"I'm so getting you back."

"I have no doubt you will, Princess."

And so I did.

The next morning I cut all of the bristles off his toothbrush, and replaced the hand soap with glue, so let's just say he had a rough morning.

That night he put an egg under my pillow so when I laid down it cracked beneath me, so I stayed up washing my sheets.

The next day after classes I packed up and we headed to D.C. so I could see my family.

Harry and I sat across from each other on the plane, him reading a book while I finished up my essay for psychology.

"So are you on guard duty this weekend or are you off duty?" I asked him.

"I'm never really off duty but I have some free time Saturday while you're taking photos with your family."

"What are you going to do in your free time?"

"Well I need new jeans since your monstrous cousin decided to recolour a pair of mine, and then workout."

"Workout? Ugh, your such a guy."

He set his book down.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He spat.

"Guys always say they work out to impress girls but honestly it's not that impressive."

"Well i'm not trying to impress you." He crossed his arms. "And I work out so I can fight off anyone who tries to harm you or myself, not for sport."

"Mhmm." I gave him a smug smile before going back to my essay.

"What do you mean 'mhmm'." He then sat up.

"Nothing." I smiled. "Nothing."

Harry then proceeded to glare at me the rest of the flight.

When we landed Harry had to put on his body guard facade on and held his strict and firm posture as he escorted me from the plane to the car, paparazzi snapping away at me.

In the car I sat alone in the back while Harry was in the front with the driver.

After a few minutes of driving he turned around to face me.

"Here is a pager. This is if you need to get in contact with me. Use it only in an emergency." He passed me back a small black device.

"Cool." I smiled. "I always wanted one of these. They use them on Greys Anatomy all the time."

He rolled his eyes.

I stowed the device in my purse and soon enough we were arriving at the White House.

Harry got out first to open my door for me, and I thanked him before he escorted me up the walkway to the door where I was let in.

I made my way to my fathers office where I walked in to find my family gathered around.

My father and mother were talking to my Gran and Aunt Lisa, while Jamie was off to the side with Mila who noticed me walk in.

"Wemmy!" She yelled at the top of her lungs before running over to me.

"Mila!" I bent down to catch her, lifting her up into my arms so I could hug her. "I missed you."

"Me twoo!" She grinned before looking behind me and smiling. "Hawwy!"

I turned around to see Harry still there and he gave Mila a small smile.

"Hello, Mila."

She reached out her arms and his eyes went wide.

"Wha-" Harry looked at me

"I hug Hawwy." Mila looked up at me and I set her down so she could run over to hug Harry's legs.

"Well I see Harry's made one friend."

I turned to see Jamie walking up and I smiled before hugging him.

"I wonder what she sees in him." He whispered in my ear. "But we all know he only sees your ass."

I turned to hit him in the arm.

"Shut up." I muttered, my cheeks flaring in a blush as I remembered the last time Harry had kissed me.

"Emma!"

I turned to see my father coming towards me and I hugged him and my Mom, greeting the rest of my family as well before Jamie and I took Mila back to my room so I could unpack.

Harry had to stand outside the door which I thought was pretty funny, and the rest of us went inside, Mila climbing up on my bed while Jamie sat next to her, making sure she didn't fall off.

"So how's life been since the last time we talked?" He asked me.

"Better. My Mom came to visit and spent the day with me and then Harry and I have started to get along a bit better."

"Good." He smiled.

"Wemmy we go feed duckies?" Mila then asked me.

"We will soon, I promise." I smiled at her.

We stayed in my room, Jamie and I talking until it was time for dinner. When we left the room Harry followed us to the dining room where he remained outside while we ate.

Gran took Mila to bed early so Jamie and I made our way to the media room where we put on a scary movie but mostly talked through it.

"So what happened to that Travis guy?" He asked me.

"Um, caught him cheating on me then found out it was actually a bet between his frat to see if he could get me to go out with him so they'd let him in."

"That bastard! Oh my God I want to kill him."

"Yeah, I was pissed, but i'm over it now. I don't think i'll date for awhile."

"You need a nice guy. Someone who's going to treat you right."

"Yeah, and I haven't been able to find that so far."

"You'll find someone one day. And when you do I can make sure he never hurts you because he'll have to go through me."

I laughed at this.

"Thanks, Jamie. I'll return the favour as well."

After a few horror flicks we went to our separate bedrooms, getting our rest in since we had to get up early in the morning.

In the morning I left my room, a different body guard escorting me to breakfast. He was older than Harry and definitely less attractive.

When we got to the dining room I joined my family, sitting next to Mila.

"Whewe Hawwy?" Mila asked me when I sat down.

"It's his day off, so he's not working."

She frowned.

"Do you like Emma's bodyguard, Mila?" My Dad smiled at her.

"I think she has a little crush on him." Gran winked at me.

"She's the only one." Jamie commented under his breath.

"What's that?" Aunt Lisa raised her eyebrows at him.

"Nothing. He's just kind of a jerk." Jamie shrugged.

"Well he wasn't hired to be Emma's best friend, he was hired to protect her."

"But still, he could be nicer."

"Jamie." I said and he looked at me before shrugging again.

After breakfast, Mila and I went back to my room so the stylists could get us ready together.

We sat in the chairs while we had our hair and makeup done, and then I was placed in my light pink Chanel dress.

Mila had a white dress which had a poofy skirt which she loved.

Once we were ready I took Mila's hand and led her out to the oval office where my Dad was working at his desk, reading some file.

"Hey, you getting ready?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and then dropped his jaw.

"Oh crap." He shot up and then jogged out of the office. "Nancy, do you have my suit for the portraits?"

"Yes, Mr. President." She called back and he came in.

"Thanks, Em. You saved me from your Mom."

I laughed at this and then let go of Mila's hand, letting her run around.

"I guess the time got away from me." My father said as he changed into a light blue button up and put his suit jacket over it.

"What are you working on?" I asked him.

"A bill proposal to clean up the wetlands in Florida." He said. "How's school going?"

"Good." I smiled.

He went to tie his tie and at this moment my Mom, Gran, Aunt Lisa, and Jamie walked in.

My mother had a velvet cream dress on while Gran wore a light blue dress that matched Jamie's button down. Aunt Lisa had a lavender coloured dress on, tying all of the pastel colours in.

The photographers then came in to set up all of the equipment, so we sat on the couches, me between my mom and dad who had Mila on his lap.

"Mila, tell me, how is life as an almost four year old?" My Dad asked her and she grinned.

"Gwanma say I get big birthday pawty!" She threw her hands in the air to exaggerate just how big her party would be.

"That's awesome! Am I invited?" He asked.

"Yes!" She nodded. "And Wemmy and Hawwy."

"Harry too?" He laughed. "Why Harry?"

Mila's cheeks blushed and she then went to hide her face from everyone.

I had to admit, it felt strange not having Harry lurking in the background, and to be honest I kind of missed looking back to see him there.

Finally once the cameras were set up and the lighting was done, we all were positioned, in a big group.

I stood between my parents while Gran and Mila were next to us with Aunt Lisa and Jamie on the other side of them.

Once we had taken those photos (with a minor interruption of Mila having a fit about standing still so long) we began to do photos by small groups.

Jamie and Aunt Lisa went and then Gran and Mila, and then my parents and I went before the grandkids went.

After that we had individual portraits taken.

We were all pretty much exhausted at that point, so Gran took Mila for a nap while my parents went back to work.

Aunt Lisa went with my Mom so Jamie and I walked to the media room.

"I know I could change clothes but i'm too lazy." I sighed as I sat down in a chair.

"Me too. And I was up half the night doing homework."

"I need to finish my essay tonight."

"How about we get dinner and then go study together?"

"Deal."

Jamie and I had the chef make us dinner before we went to our separate rooms to grab our text books so we could meet back in the media room.

When I reached my room I changed out of my dress and into some yoga pants, a white cami and a grey sweater.

As I stood in my room I realised why I was in such a weird mood, I missed Harry's presence.

I remembered the pager he had given me and I ransacked my purse, finding it before paging him 911.

I didn't know if he was even in the White House or if he was out somewhere else. What if he was out at a bar? At a bar with some hot girl who was old enough to legally drink and he was planning on taking back to some hotel.

I sat down on my bed as I waited for him. Hopefully he didn't call other guards and was coming for me himself.

Ten minutes later my door opened and I looked up to see Harry coming in, a stern look on his face. He was wearing the clothes he wore to class with me, his hair styled like always. He looked around my room before his eyes landed on me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me but I didn't reply. "Emma you paged me 911. I ran here from across the building, what's the emergency?"

So he was here.

A flood of relief washed over me and instead of being a worried and insecure girl, I decided to become bold and sultry.

I stood up before walking over to him.

"I decided that i'm going to win our prank war." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"This was your prank? Giving me a heart attack and forcing me to run across the freaking White House like a crazy person?"

"No." I shook my head. "This is my prank."

I took one step closer before placing my hand on his cheek and standing up on my tip toes so I could press my lips to his.

He froze beneath me but after a few seconds I felt him loosen up.

I kissed him for a few more moments before pulling away.

His eyes followed my every movement.

"I win." I spoke simply.

I expected him to go ballistic. I expected him to freak out and scream at me and yell at me until his face turned blue, but instead, he took a step forward. He took another and another until he had backed me up against the wall.

He lowered his face so it was level with mine.

"You win, Princess." He breathed.

I smiled before he moved in to kiss me, my hands placing themselves on his cheeks to pull him closer.

His hands pressed my hips into the wall so I couldn't move, but I didn't want to move.

For once I wasn't scared that he was kissing me. I was happy. I wanted him to. I wanted him to shove me against the wall and kiss me as hard as he could.

"We shouldn't be doing this. I could be fired." He said when we broke for air.

"I know; but do you really want to stop?" I flashed my eyes up to his to see them dark with lust.

"No." He said before moving back in.

I moved one hand from his cheek so I could grasp the back of his shirt in my hand.

This made him kiss harder which excited me.

I was getting ready to move my other hand when the door to my bedroom opened.

We immediately stopped kissing and Harry turned around while I looked past him to see Jamie standing there with his face in total shock.

My jaw dropped and Harry tensed up in front of me.

"This is what you call getting along?" Jamie seethed and I cowered down, knowing that the confrontation that was about to happen was  not going to be pretty.

--

Oops! They were caught by Jamie!

What do you think he is going to say? And how will Harry react?

Don't forget to comment and vote (it only takes a second and it makes me smile like crazy to see you guys comment and show your love for the story!)

I'm working on the next chapter now and i'll have it up shortly!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 19K 77
*MATURE CONTENT* (18+) PLEASE DON'T COPYRIGHT "Go fuck yourself Harry! this conversation is over you need to leave" I hate him so much, but I seem t...
425K 4.1K 118
A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuploaded after a user unrightfully reported...
2.4K 142 45
Harper Lee Richards is in New York City for a friends bachelorette party weekend trip. What was supposed to be a fun, carefree girls trip turned into...
434K 14.5K 71
After six long years of constant touring and working as one of the world's biggest pop stars, trying his hand at acting and about to embark on a new...