βœ” | πŒπ„π‹π“πƒπŽπ–π β†’ 𝐋𝐄𝐖...

By gucciredman

❝one broken glass turns to total collapse just know this too shall pass, i'm tellin' you now, ... More

𝟎
𝟏
𝟐
πŸ‘
πŸ’
πŸ“
πŸ”
πŸ•
πŸ–
πŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π„π„π
π…πŽπ”π‘π“π„π„π
π…πˆπ…π“π„π„π
𝑠𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
20 | simon's birthday
21 | stay with me
22 | gut feeling
23 | shout out to my ex
24 | doctors
25 | announcements
26 | the truth comes out
27 | shock
28 | baby names
29 | edinburgh
30 | wedding dress shopping
31 | josh and freya's wedding: part 1
32 | josh and freya's wedding: part 2
33 | proposal
34 | labour
35 | relaxing night in
36 | girlfriend vs. best friend
37 | shopping
38 | the wedding: part 1
40 | hospital
41 | mild amnesia
42 | police statement
43 | dna results
44 | better off as friends
45 | family dinner
46 | rumours
47 | loose women
48 | paris
49 | love me like you do
50 | epilogue
THANK YOU!

39 | the wedding: part 2

227 8 0
By gucciredman

Edited: 10/04/2018

Charlotte

We arrived at the venue where we were holding out reception and it looked phenomenal. Before walking into the building, there was a red carpet where the photographer would take photos of each group going in.

Once we went inside, I was even more taken aback by how lovely the inside was. In front of our table which was right at the end, was a LED dance floor which matched with our table as that was also covered with LED lights. At our table (from left to right) was my mum, Megan, Callum, Freya, myself, Simon, Oli, JJ and Simon's parents. On the table closest to me was Gee, Lauren, Jasmine and Georgia, and also Jasmine's and Georgia's boyfriends. On the other side was the rest of the Sidemen. Scattered all around the hall were family members and close friends.

After eating our food, we decided to cut the cake which was in the middle of the dance floor. Everyone gathered around us and as we both held on to the knife, we turned to the camera and smiled for a couple of photos. We moved it to the corner of the room as it was now time for giving the presents out and saying our speeches. Simon and I were both speaking, Mum, JJ (which we were dreading as there were kids around) and Freya.

The first speech was my mum. "I'd like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of my daughter Charlotte and Simon. For those of you who don't me, I'm the mother of the bride. There's a reason I'm doing this speech today and that is because I haven't been in Charlotte's life that much as when she was born, it came as quite as a surprise and I had to sadly put Charlotte up for adoption and have only just recently got her back. What the crazy thing is, is that Charlotte and Callum," she pointed to Callum then continued speaking, "met through mutual friends, and that was when I realised that that was my daughter, Callum's twin. I immediately dug through papers and called Charlotte's adoptive family so I could get back in contact with her." Mum started tearing up a little, so I got up from my seat and gave her a hug.  "I'm so happy I've got my little Charlie back into my life. Better late than never, right? I'd also like to take a moment to welcome Simon into the family and also his parents Liz and Eddie and his brother's, Nick and Johnny. This is the proudest day of my life. I'm sure you'll all agree to how stunning Charlie looks today. She's grown from a beautiful little girl into a beautiful young woman and I know she is going to have many happy years together with Simon." Simon grabbed my hand and smiled. I smiled too, putting my head on his shoulder for a brief minute. "Today will be the happiest day of your lives, but you've got many more laying ahead of you. You're heading on an amazing journey together and I wish you every happiness. I know you are going to have so many happy years together. I'd like you to be upstanding and toast the happy couple." Everyone stood up and held their wine glasses up, as did everyone on our table.

It was now JJ's turn to say his speech.

"I apologise in advance for anything JJ may say!" Simon said into the microphone, causing everyone including JJ to laugh.

"Good afternoon everyone, I'm Jide, or JJ, the best man for today. There comes a moment in every man's life when he meets that special someone. Someone who really understands him will take him for who he really is, and will laugh at all his terrible jokes. Now that moment came for Simon many years ago... When he met me! But before I start with the customary duty of giving Simon an uncomfortable few minutes, its part of the official duty of the best man to thank the bridesmaids, and for having them play a part in this really special day. I have to say they all look wonderful and have done an excellent job. Indeed the bridesmaids are only eclipsed by Charlie herself, who, I'm sure you'll all agree looks absolutely stunning. I'd also like to say how good Simon looks, but I'm not one to lie so I won't." Everyone laughed, and Simon's mouth dropped in shock before he started laughing too. "I know Simon's obviously told a few people he isn't worried about what I might say today, but then again, Pinocchio also claimed he was a real boy. Now, in all honesty, I'm actually a little nervous and apprehensive about doing this. If there's anybody else here who is feeling worried, nervous or apprehensive... it's probably because you've just married Simon!" Everyone laughed and Simon just rolled his eyes. "When Simon asked me to be his best man, down on a bended knee, it was like being asked to make love to the Queen... a great honour... but you dread the moment you have to rise to perform! However, I was pleased Simon finally admitted that I'm the best man after so many years, but it didn't take long for that feeling of well being to dissolve into utter fear, as I remembered the last time I had to stand up in front of a room full of people. I was found guilty and fined £200!" Again, the whole room erupted into laughter and I could tell this wasn't the last laugh. "In some words, you could use to describe Simon though are charming, intelligent, generous, entertaining... But nobody said those, so I'm not going to either! Now Charlie did give me a list of Do's and Dont's that she'd like me to stick to...One – don't swear," he threw away a card. "Two – don't tell any rude jokes," he threw away another card. "Three – don't tell any lies," he threw another card away and I was hoping that was the final card. "Four – don't let Simon drink and finally, number five, do tell positive stories about Simon," JJ threw away at least three cards. "Now I've heard a few people today refer Simon and Charlotte's relationship to a Disney romance. Personally, I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, but I hear it's pretty good." Everyone laughed again and Simon had his head in his hands. "Now I'm not going to say any more stories as they're all bad and may not be appropriate for some audience member. But let's all have a good time and raise our glasses to the happy couple," Again, everyone raised their glasses and it was Freya's turn to speak.

Freya then took the microphone from JJ and began her speech. "For those of you that don't already know me, I'm Freya, Charlie's best friend. If you don't know, Charlie was my maid of honour at my wedding so I have to live up to expectations, which is hard as she put on a great performance with three of the bridesmaids. On behalf of Simon and Charlotte, I would like to thank the bridesmaids and the other Maid of Honor, Gee. I would also like to thank JJ the best man and the rest of the Sidemen who were amazing at guiding everyone to their seats, here and at the church. I am also delighted to be part of celebrating Charlotte's and Simon's very special day, one in which I hope is the start of many more happiest days of their life. Charlotte has given me, and all of my family some incredibly happy and joyous moments over the years. She was a delight to grow up with and has always provided us with some memorable moments, that's why she is my best friend. Having known Charlie for most of her life, I have a huge library of stories to leave her embarrassed and humiliated, but out of respect for her on her big day, I have decided NOT to tell them... So I'm not going to admit that I did my bit towards Charlie's hairstyles when I cut her fringe to about 1cm and it took most of the next 5 years to grow back. In fact, I'm surprised she ever forgave me! I can so clearly remember the horror on her face when I finally let her see it..." Everyone laughed while I cringed at the memory of that day! "I also got told not to say when she spilt black coffee all over the white seats in the bridal shop when we were looking for the perfect dress..." Freya laughed, everyone else joining in with her while I tried to hide, humiliation all over my face. "On a more serious note, I hope you all agree that the wedding so far, has been a huge success, I would like to thank all of you for celebrating the day with us especially those who have travelled almost the length of the country to be here. It has been an absolute honour for me, Charlie, to be your maid of honour today; you are a fantastic sister, a great daughter and brilliant friend. I've never seen you happier than you have been over these last few years with Simon; I hope the best for you now and always. Now, ladies and gentleman, it gives me great pleasure to invite you all to stand and raise your glasses once again in a toast to the bride and groom, Charlotte and Simon Minter. To love, laughter and happily ever after – Cheers!"

Freya handed me the microphone as Simon and I stood up and walked into the middle of the dancefloor. "Thank you to everyone who's come here today, it's been an absolute pleasure seeing you all today!"

Simon then spoke. "We're going to have little Oli giving out a few presents to the people who have made our day memorable."

Simon grabbed the first presents which were for Freya and JJ. "These are for Freya and JJ who have been fantastic today. We both love you so much. Thank you for being our best friends." I said while Simon helped Oli give them out. "The next presents are for the bridesmaids and groomsmen."

***

We eventually finished giving out all the presents so it was now time for us to have our first dance. Sarah offered to sing for it, which we agreed with. In another corner of the room was a piano and a stool, which was pulled closer to the dance floor. Sarah was singing All of Me by John Legend. Everyone agreed that this song would be perfect for Simon and me as this described our friendship since the beginning, so we wanted to have this song as our first dance.

Sarah began singing but it felt like Simon and I was the only people in the world as his hands were on the small of my back and mine stretched up to his neck. "I love you so much," he whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek afterwards. My head was rested against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat. My eyes were closed so I couldn't see the person who came in.

"Hello, Simon..." That all too familiar voice said, putting their hand on Sarah so she stopped playing the piano.

Ooh! Who could the mystery person be? Comment down below your guesses! Hope you liked his chapter it took me days to write! Remember to vote lovelies! Lots of love
x Amy Louise x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 329 31
Ella will be saved. Friendships will be made. Enemy's will resurface. Love will blossom. Drama will occur. Trust will be broken. And hearts will be...
747K 8.2K 56
"everything is different when i'm beside her, i couldn't handle it"
41.4K 1.2K 14
she's only there for two weeks WARNING: depression, anxiety and suicidal triggers. completed: november twenty first, twenty fifteen
33.2K 322 15
basically you featuring in videos with them. send request please! x THANKS FOR 9.6k!!!! <3