S'thandwa Sam' (Completed)

By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

She's a passionate dancer who loves the life of performing arts. He's a talented singer who is in an awesome... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To Johannesburg
Chapter Two: Lover or Cheat?
Chapter Three: University of Witwatersrand
Chapter Four: First Day at Varsity
Chapter Five: So He Sings?
Chapter Six: Well, No Longer a Child
Chapter Seven: Cookham 32 Rocks Tembisa
Chapter Eight: Can't Allow This
Chapter Nine: Okay... I Miss Her
Chapter Ten: Beyoncè Knowles
Chapter Eleven: Dance Goddess
Chapter Twelve: Can Somebody Say "Disaster"?
Chapter Thirteen: I'm With Child
Chapter Fourteen: Disappointed
Chapter Fifteen: What Could Be The Matter?
Chapter Sixteen: Complications; Complications
Chapter Seventeen: Married Traditionally
Chapter Eighteen: First Real Date
Chapter Nineteen: Romance is in the Air
Chapter Twenty: Boy or Girl?
Chapter Twenty Two: It Has Never Been A Game
Chapter Twenty Three: Can I Be Your Fairytale?
Chapter Twenty Four: We're Connected on a Deeper Level
Chapter Twenty Five: I Don't Remember
Chapter Twenty Six: Home
Chapter Twenty Seven: Thandolwethu
Chapter Twenty Eight: Totally Insane
Chapter Twenty Nine: Rot In Jail
Chapter Thirty: We're Family
Chapter Thirty One: Our Little Haven
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Two: Cookham 32 Saxy and Afro Live Play
Chapter Thirty Three: Labour With Favour
Chapter Thirty Four: Our Lives Begin
Chapter Thirty Five: Hey Ya
Chapter Thirty Six: Ubani
Chapter Thirty Seven: I Don't Love Him
Chapter Thirty Eight: I Should Have Listened
Chapter Thirty Nine: Through It All
Chapter Forty: The Rise
Author's Note
Chapter Forty One: Boo
Epilogue: Here's to Cookham 32

Chapter Twenty One: I'm In Love

438 45 1
By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

Author's Note: Hey y'all... Here's the next chapter. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Twenty One: I'm In Love

The next day, Lorraine spoke to my mom about her dress, not without talking to Bryan first. She was so excited about the dress. I guess it made sense why she was so excited. She was getting her dress made by the person she had always wished would make her dress. Bryan was happy that Lorraine's dream was coming true too. It was always amazing to me how Bryan just wanted to make Lorraine happy however it was achieved.

After the meeting with my mom, Lorraine and I went to visit Lindo at his parents' house. He was on the phone with someone when we walked into his room. There was no one else in the house and I wondered where Kuhle was. When Lindo heard us walking into his room, he turned around in his chair and faced us. He was about to cut the call, but I signaled for him not to. He shook his head and I smiled. He was definitely going to cut the call.

"S'pha ndoda, my woman is here. I have to go", he said and then listened. He nodded at what S'pha said and replied "okay man, I'll do that. Bye", and disconnected the call. He stood up from his chair and approached me. He gave me a warm bear-hug.

"You didn't have to end your call", I said, but it came muffled because I was being pressed to my boyfriend's chest. He chuckled and his chest vibrated. I smiled.

"Don't be ridiculous. S'pha can wait", he said as he pulled away.

"Hi", I said looking into his eyes. He smiled and I melted.

"Hi. How are you two doing?" he replied as he bent down to my belly that was starting to show and kissed it.

"We're doing well, we just missed daddy", I said and Lindo's eyes clouded with desire and I frowned. I didn't understand what happening.

"I think you shouldn't call me daddy", he said and I laughed. "Especially when your best friend is in the room", he said as if he had just realized that Lorraine was in the room.

"Why thank you for noticing that I was here the entire time", she said rolling her eyes at us. I laughed.

"Sorry... She distracts me", Lindo said jerking his thumb in my direction as he hugged her. I rolled my eyes. "I can hear you roll your eyes, babe", he continued. My eyes bulged out.

"How'd you-?" I began...

"... Know? Well, I know you", he told me.

From there, we spent the rest of the day chilling together, telling Lorraine stories about our childhood and she loved the story about we met. She even made a comment about us being meant for one another. I laughed. Heck naw!!

Later that evening, we went home and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I was missing the band Cookham 32. I need to go back to Johannesburg. I needed to be in my apartment, alone with the father of my unborn child, and my friends Perfect, Thuso, Monde, Sibz, Langa and Calvin.

***

Lindo's Point of View

Just before the ultrasound

I woke up that morning very excited. We were going to our first ultrasound. "Our first ultrasound", I never thought I'd say those words, not at this age anyway. I know that I had been freaking out about impregnating my best friend, but I have no regrets. I'm terrified yes, but she's my best friend... We'll make it work.

I got ready, and went down for breakfast, but Thando called me to tell me that Lorraine was already warming up the car and they were coming to get Kuhle and I. Lorraine drive us to the hospital. We were early, so we went to get breakfast at the cafeteria. Once it was Thando's turn, all four of us went into the exam room.

"Good morning everyone. How are you? I'm Dr. van Rensburg" he introduced and we greeted back and introduced ourselves. "How is the mommy-to- be?" he directed at Thando.

"Excited", she said with a huge smile on her face. That smile defined my life.

"And daddy-to-be?" he extended and I nodded and smiled mimicking Thando's smile.

"Can't wait to see my baby", I said.

"Oh goody then, let's gets started. Thando, how is your bladder feeling right now? Do you perhaps need to go use the ladies room before we get started?" He asked and she frowned.

"I just peed before we came in; why?" she responded and the doctor smiled.

"Perfect. I will be doing a transvaginal ultrasound on you", he said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Wha-wha-what's... What's that?" I stuttered and Thando looked at me and she almost laughed, but she was just as confused as me.

"Well, it is the same ultrasound. You get to see and hear your child, but the probe is entered through the vagina", he explained and I did a double take. Did this guy just say what I heard him say? I didn't hear anything after that; my ears were ringing. How could he just blurt out that word so... so nonchalantly?

Next thing I knew, the doctor was sitting in between her legs, and examining her. My ears stopped ringing immediately I heard my baby's heartbeat. I looked at Thando, and I knew right then and there that I was in love with her, and I never wanted to be without her.

The doctor told us we were having a boy, and as I was busy embracing the moment, the doctor ruined it and removed the probe from my girlfriend's lady parts and it had blood on it. What the heck?

I was going to throw up. I needed to get out of there.

"Excuse me for a moment", I said and walked to the bathroom, trying very hard not to throw up. Once in the bathroom, my pipes opened up and I hurled. I just lost my breakfast. Why couldn't the doctor just go the normal way? Movies always show the baby bump... Like... Why?

After my stomach settled, I walked back into the exam room with all the intentions of leaving. Luckily, Thando was already changed back into her clothes. She walked up to me, and I could tell she was amused, but she wasn't going to say or laugh.

"Hi baby. Are you okay", she asked and I nodded "Yes..." she said and I shook my head, "No..." she said. I nodded again "Yes..." And turned to her.

"Like, why didn't he go the stomach route, you know?" I asked and everyone in the room burst out laughing. Okay, maybe not everyone; I didn't laugh.

"If that is your reaction now, I wonder what will become of you when Thando is giving birth", joked the doctor and they laughed some more.

"I think I am ready to go now, doc", I said and Thando took my hand.

"It's okay, baby. I am fine, see?" she said motioning to herself.

"Yeah, let's just go", I replied. She snickered. Kuhle took the printed ultrasound and out we went after saying goodbye to the doctor.

Since we didn't have anything planned, we went to the mall and chilled together. We were sitting outside some restaurant when Thando got up suddenly without telling anyone where she was going.

"Where is she going?" asked Kuhle. I shrugged; I had no clue.

"I guess we'll find out; here she comes", said Lorraine. I looked up and saw her carrying a Kodak bag. She came to sit down next to me again and started filming.

"Hi little bundle of joy, I am your mommy. First of all, I just want to tell you I love you, unplanned miracle. By the time you watch this, you will probably be embarrassed by the things that me and the rest of the family will say to you. I wanted to film everything for you, so you can understand the journey. I just came from my first ultrasound and I heard your heartbeat for the first time, and it brought me so much joy", she said as she placed the ultrasound print out in front of the camera. She turned the camera towards me.

"This is your daddy; say hi baby", she said.

"Hi my boy. I can't wait to meet you, my little man. I love you so much", I said. Then she turned the camera to Lorraine.

"This is your godmother, Lorraine; say hi", Thando said.

"Hey my beautiful godchild. You are a precious and important soul", she said waving. Thando turned the camera to Kuhle and she smiled widely. Not to sound incestuous or anything, but my sister is really pretty.

"And this is your beautiful aunt, Kuhle; say hi sis", Thando encouraged and Kuhle waved.

"Hey!! Why does she get beautiful and I don't?" protested Lorraine. Thando turned the camera to her.

"Would you relax? You know you're beautiful. I don't know why you're being difficult", she turned the camera to herself. "You ain't seen nothing yet", she said. She turned the camera back to Kuhle.

"Hi baby boy, my nephew who will be so spoiled by me. I heard your heartbeat today and, to tell you the truth, it was music to my ears. I can't wait to meet you, just like my brother said. We love you", she concluded. Thando turned the camera back to herself and I got into the shot.

"We do love you, a lot. Enjoy this 8/9 months journey with us", she said. "Bye for now", she added and I waved smiling widely. Thando stopped filming.

"When did you decide you were going to film the whole thing?" I asked and she smiled.

"While we were sitting here", she replied.

"It is a very good idea", Kuhle said and Lorraine nodded.

"Oh goody then. Let's leave now", Thando said.

I drove us home, and Kuhle and I walked home after making sure Thando was settled. As Thando and I were walking, I put my arm around her shoulder. She tried to shrug me off, but I didn't let her.

"What is it that you want now, big brother?" she asked. I cleared my throat.

"Well, I have a confession", I said cautiously. She stopped walking forcing me to stop with her since I was holding her. I let go of her.

"What confession?" she asked skeptically. I cleared my throat again. I took a deep breathe and shut my eyes. Was I really thinking about asking my baby sister for advice about being in love? I actually didn't have a choice though. I looked at her.

"So it seems like... I'm sorta, kinda, in a way... in love with Thando", I said. She frowned at me and after a moment, her head tipped to the back as she burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I asked. She didn't stop laughing and I frowned. Well, what the hell did I think I'd get from my baby sis? I walked away. She saw me walk away and started running after me.

"Lindo, ntwana, sorry... I didn't mean to laugh. Lindo!", she called after me, and walked into the house and straight to my room. After a few moments, she knocked on my door. "Ntwana, vul'umnyango (open the door)", she said. The door was unlocked, so she opened and walked in to sit next to me on my bed.

"Ntwana, I really love lomntwana, and I need to find a way of telling her", I said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I laughed. It's just the way you said it that made it sound surreal. I've never heard you sounding like... A lovestruck puppy", she said. I shook my head.

"Puppies don't talk", I declared and I knew I struck a chord. Ha-ha.

"You wouldn't understand", she said and I laughed. Thando believed that she was a puppy whisperer, so according to her, puppies could speak and they spoke to her. She's believed that ever since she's had a puppy when she was about three years old.

"Fine... Let's not argue about the truth of your puppy gift... I really need your advice. This 'I love you' thing is very important to you women, right?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes, and it means you need to make her feel special before telling her. She probably feels the same way, so if you say it in passing, she might think you're saying it because she's pregnant, much like how she thought you paid lobola for her because you felt obligated to, not because you love her", she told me.

"Right... Thanks baby sis", I said, hugging her.

"You're welcome. Let me go sleep. Love you", she said.

"And I you", I said. She walked out my room.

I got changed and went to sleep. I had to start planning tomorrow for how I would tell Thando that she's the love of my life. I was both excited and very nervous.

***

Author's Note: Hey there. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Today is Sibusiso Khoza's birthday, so I wish him a very happy birthday. ❤

Check you next upload.

Love Thaby. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 529 51
Welcome to my wild ride, folks! Let me spill the tea on Sinokuhle Mbana Langa, the daring flower making its way through the chaos of life. Just call...
11.1K 143 53
Before Sergio Calderon made it into the top 18 on the new TV Show Boy Band he was the only boy in a dance group with his female friends... He decides...
2.7K 134 43
Just a girl, moving to London and meeting a British boyband. She slowly gets to know them and slowly builds a strong relationship with each 5 of them...
5K 216 28
This story is all an imagination that I created. It has nothing to do with the members and people that I mention in this story! Don't hate anyone in...