The Pain of Loving Her

By redheadbooks

Lexa is entering her junior year of high school. She is smart and is loved by all. She has a secret though. A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not an Update
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 35

2.1K 78 60
By redheadbooks

Its the first night of spring break and Clarke is at a party. I was a little upset that she was skipping date night but I did say no when she asked if I wanted to go. As much as I enjoyed the Halloween party that we went to I don't plan on going back to anything like that. Drunk high schoolers are really not my kind of crowd. Plus, we leave for Florida in the morning. Abby sprung the whole vacation on us last minute. Not that I'm complaining I'm happy she is taking me along. Clarke had me drop her off and Abby said we will just pick her up once we leave.

Clarke: Babe I may be hungover tomorrow.

What the hell its only eight she can't already be drunk.

Me: Yes well I kind of figured that.

Clarke:Lord help me.

Me: You do realize it is completely your choice on how much you consume right?

Clarke: Yes I know but once I get drunk its hard to stop.

Me: Well don't get drunk then

Clarke: toooooo late

Me: Seriously? What the hell am I going to do with you?

Clarke: Love me

Me:  I'll turn my sound all the way up if you need anything just call and please be safe!! and I guess have fun.

Clarke: Okay  

I leave it at that no sense in trying to talk sense in her. I'm actually kind of impressed she texted me. The other few times she's gone out without me I don't even get that. She is such a mess sometimes. I guess I might as well load the car for tomorrow. I was going to wait until the morning when Abby is here to help but now I'm going to be up all night worried about Clarke so might as well be productive. Abby made sure everything was packed before she left for work. She will get home around six tomorrow morning so that means I'm driving. I start putting the bags in the back. They pack a lot of crap. They each have two bags while all my stuff fits in one. When that's all loaded up its only nine o'clock. I climb into bed and turn on iZombie. I watch several episodes of that before my phone rings.

"Hello" I answer

"Heeyyy baabyy" Clarke sounds super wasted right now.

"Yes Clarke?" I look at the clock it is nearly 1.

"Baby I want you... I need you baby.." she sounds terrible "Baby come smoke with me its fun."

"What the hell do you mean smoke? Clarke Griffin don't make me come kick your ass" I don't mind her drinking that much but smoking and drugs is the one thing she agreed she wouldn't do.

"Bellamy brought weed." she laughs "Don't worry baby Bellamy is taking care of me tonight." Now i'm pissed, Clarke told me that he wasn't going to be there.  

"Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you and bring you home" I jump out of bed and grab the keys.

"You don't need to do that I'm having fun. Bell and I have been doing so much dancing." I slip on my shoes and head toward the car. I trust Clarke but him I'm worried about.

"Just stay there." I hang up and pull out of the drive way.

I quickly call Octavia because I know she is there.

"Hello Lexa" she sounds decently sober when she answers.

"Do you see Clarke?"

"Umm one second" I can hear the music as she moves around. "I see her"

"And what is she doing?"

"She is dancing..." I can tell she doesn't want to fully tell me.

"With who?"

"She's drunk Lex but with my brother and umm... its not friendly dancing either." Damn it Clarke. "Here umm if you want to see FaceTime me and I will show you." I quickly hang up and call her. "Don't overreact."

"Just turn the camera around"

"Okay but you asked for it"

I'm appalled by what I am seeing. Clarke's ass is right up against Bellamy's waist. Clarke is clearly drunk I know she isn't in full control but Bellamy is a different story. He doesn't look like he has had a drop of anything meaning he is controlling the situation. I hang up the phone and drive faster.

When I get to the house I storm in. I push through the crowds of people until I get to the spot that they were in. I don't see them though. I look around and see the steps. I quickly run up them opening the first door.  

"Clarke what the fuck?" Bellamy's lips are on hers. I don't even know what emotion to feel right now. 

"Lexa" She pulls away from him realizing messed up the situation is.

"We are leaving right now." I grab her hand but Bellamy  catches my arm.

"Let the girl stay Lex. Don't ruin her night just because you are a punk." I rip my arm away.

"Listen here you asshole. I don't know what game you are trying to play but it stops now"I get right up in his face. "Clarke is my girlfriend and I'm not going to let you ruin that."

"I was going to give her the best night of her life," he smiles pleased with himself.

"I doubt that considering she won't remember any of this in the morning." Clarke is sitting on the bed now half asleep.

"Well that would have been her problem but I would have made sure she wouldn't have forgotten it" he winks at me and smirks.

"You know what your problem is? The only time you can get a girl is if she is drunk or high off the stuff you give her. You should be happy that the majority of them don't remember because I doubt you would like what they would have to say. Now if you will excuse me Clarke and I need to get home." I push past him and go to where Clarke is now half asleep on the bed.

"That's right because you got kicked out of yours. At least my mommy and daddy love me."

"Yes well at least Clarke loves me" I can tell that hurt him. I see the anger rise and him and he lunges. Without even thinking I turn and my fist connects with his face. He falls to the ground holding it. My hand is on fire but I'd rather him not recover. I quickly pick Clarke up off the bed and carry her down stairs to the car. I sit her in the front seat before going back inside. I guess I should tell Octavia. I find her outside.

"Hey so I may have punch your brother. He is in the first room up the steps." she looks a little surprised.

"You punched my brother?" I nod,"Hard?' I shrug my shoulders. "Damn Woods good for you." She smiles and pats my shoulder.

"So your not mad?" I'm a little confused.

"Hell no. He probably deserved it and if he didn't, well at least now hopefully he has learned his lesson"

"Okay well I'm still sorry. I just lost control of my temper." I feel bad about it.

"Its okay Lexa seriously now go get Clarke home." she gives me a quick hug before I leave.

Clarke is passed out in the car when I get in. I take off slowly not wanting to wake her. She wakes up when we get home and I help her up the stairs. I head get her to her room and help her out of her clothes and into some shorts and a hoodie. I help her into bed before getting in myself. I wrap my arm around her, hoping she goes to sleep we have to get up soon. I hear a sniffle though.

"Lexa just break up with me now don't wait until tomorrow." She turns around to face me.

"What are you talking about Clarke?" I rest my hand on her side.

"Just do it. End it. What I did was unforgivable." The tears flow down her face and all I can do is lay there. "Damn it. I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have gone to that party. I should have left the moment he got there."

"Baby calm down please." I kiss her. "Listen you were drunk. Now yes you could have prevented that but I can blame you for what happened okay?" She cries harder.

"I'm sorry." she buries her head in my chest. "So sorry."

"Its okay baby." I kiss her head. "We are okay baby. Just please no more parties for a bit unless I'm there okay?" She feel her nod in response. I pull her closer and stay like that until we both fall asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Sorry to make Bellamy the bad guy but he was the most convenient one for me to use. The dialogue in this chapter was a struggle for me so I know its bad so sorry about that as well. Anyways thanks for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 2.3K 17
Dimitri left Rose pregnant. Rose found a note saying he left her for Tasha. Will relationships be tested? Is Rose in danger? And what unexpected gues...
425K 7.7K 61
A Fan fic into the lives and relationship of Danielle Savre and Stefania Spampinato.
758K 25.4K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
1.3K 50 5
Josie is soon to live with her bully Hope Mikaelson since there parents are getting married as Klaus Proposes to Caroline