X Syn X (Illumi) Hunter X Hun...

By XxScarletMaidenxX

My name is Syn...Syn Zoldyck... property of the Zoldyck family and wife to their eldest son, Illumi... New Co... More

X Chapter One X
X Chapter Two X
X Chapter Three X
X Chapter Four X
X Chapter Five X
X Chapter Six X
X Chapter Seven X
X Chapter Eight X
X Chapter Nine X
X Chapter Ten X
X Chapter Twelve X
X Chapter Thirteen X
X Chapter Fourteen X
X Chapter Fifteen X
X Chapter Sixteen X
X Chapter Seventeen X
X Chapter Eighteen X
X Chapter Nineteen X
X Chapter Twenty X
X Chapter Twenty One X
X Chapter Twenty Two X
X Chapter Twenty Three X
X Chapter Twenty Four X
X Chapter Twenty Five X
X Chapter Twenty Six X
X Chapter Twenty Seven X
X Chapter Twenty Eight X

X Chapter Eleven X

23.4K 801 815
By XxScarletMaidenxX

Syn- Age 18

Illumi- Age 22

Killua- 10

Alluka-9

Kalluto-8

Milluki(there's potentially 2.5 people who care, though one has made it abundantly clear that they only care about the anime collection)- 17

On the day of our wedding, I didn't know whether to cry, run away, or be sick. My nerves were on edge the entire day. Kikyo had been kind enough to have me awoken by five assassins that had tried to kill me in my sleep, before she barged into my room insisting I allow her to help me with my hair and makeup. She had the butlers clean up the corpses of the assassins that had attacked me while she helped me tame my long pale colorless wavy hair.

Once I'd finally managed to shake off Kikyo, who would not stop talking about how she couldn't wait for grandchildren and kept giving me reminders to be a dutiful and obedient wife to her son and mother to her grandchildren, I'd had about enough I could take of people. There was a knock at my door as I finished slipping into my simple sleek white satin gown. It was simple and basic the only details being the sheer back with the few decorative silver lined leaf like filigree atop the sheer material. The skirt was long but not obnoxious and poufy. Who could possibly be at my door?

"Come in." I called as I slipped on a pair of simple white flats. If Kikyo had any more surprises planned for me throughout the day, I didn't want to be caught in a dress AND heels.

"Nee-sama!" Alluka cheered as she raced into my room wearing a beautiful emerald green satin dress. "You look beautiful!" She beamed as she ran to hug me. Silva had agreed to let Alluka be a part of the wedding as part of his gift to me, for which I was grateful.

I caught her in my arms and hugged her, "Alluka-chan! You look so cute! I love that color on you."

Alluka grinned up at me, "Nanika said it would make you happy."

"That was very thoughtful of her, it does make me happy. It was Shea's favorite color." I smiled.

"The lady that used to sing to you?" Alluka asked curiously before turning to the door expectantly, "Onii-chan what are you doing?"

I followed her gaze to the door and laughed as I spotted Killua standing in the doorway with his hands over his eyes. "Kil-chan? Why are you covering your eyes?"

"I thought it was bad luck for guys to see the bride before the wedding."

"I think that only applies to the groom." I laughed.

Killua reluctantly stepped into the room and removed his hands from his eyes before staring at me with wide eyes. "Nee-sama, you look like a princess."

"You clean up pretty nicely, yourself." I smiled beckoning to the sleek black suit he was wearing with an emerald green vest that matched Alluka's dress.

"Nee-sama?" Killua asked softly as Alluka and I spun around the room giggling. We paused our twirling and turned to him curiously, "Do you and aniki love each other?"

"It's complicated." I sighed. In all honesty, I did have feelings for Illumi, strong feelings, but he was impossible to read. I knew he cared about me on some level and that he'd protect me and keep me safe, but I had no idea how he felt about me.

Killua and Alluka helped me finish getting ready and we headed upstairs to the garden for the ceremony with Killua and Alluka each capturing one of my hands. We walked hand in hand and for a fleeting moment I could forget about the Zoldyck's that made my life miserable, it was just the three of us with no worries or overbearing patriarchs or matriarchs that felt the need to control everything.

When we reached the sun room that exited to the garden where I was supposed to make my entrance from, Killua and Alluka hugged me one last time before heading off to take their seats. Once the kids had left, I sensed a presence behind me and tensed spinning around shifting my nails into claws, but paused as I spotted Zeno with his arms folded behind his back wearing a black suit with a bright emerald green tie matching Killua and Alluka.

"Jiji." I smiled and my hands returned to normal.

"It's not too late to run." He noted as he offered me his arm.

"You going to hold off the others for me, while I escape?" I teased him.

"If need be." He replied seriously.

"Jiji, I couldn't do that to Illumi-sama, or the kids."

"You have feelings for him, don't you?" He asked curiously and chuckled as my cheeks flushed with color. "Then you have my blessing." He smiled as he tucked my arm into his and led me toward the door.

My heart was pounding as two butlers opened the double doors of the sunroom and we stepped into the garden and made our way to the gazebo. As we rounded the corner of the garden and the gazebo came into view I felt my heart stop as I spotted Illumi standing in the gazebo wearing a sleek black tux that fit his perfectly molded torso like a glove. His long silken raven hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail that made him look more distinguished. He looked like a love interest from some romance novel from the late 1800's and it made my heart flutter insanely in my chest. His dark gaze met mine and for a moment I forgot how to breathe.

The rest of the Zoldyck's were sitting in simple white chairs in the garden facing the gazebo. Kikyo was sobbing dramatically. Silva looked as if he couldn't wait to leave, Milluki scowled at me, Alluka, Killua and Kalluto all smiled brightly at me and I couldn't help but smile back at the three youngest Zoldyck's. Zeno led me down the aisle before handing me off to Illumi at the gazebo. As usual Illumi's face was devoid of emotion as he took my hand in his and led me to a small podium where Gotoh was waiting to officiate the ceremony.

I wasn't entirely sure what sort of wedding ceremony I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't as short and uneventful as what had transpired. We signed a contract, listened to Gotoh say some nice words, exchanged rings, then said I do. It lasted all of five minutes, due mostly in part to a malfunctioning pen, then it was over. Kikyo shooed us away to our private, west wing. There was no kiss, no speeches, no bloodshed, no music, no dancing and no cake.

Illumi swept me off my feet at the altar and carried me to our new living quarters, without a word. The west wing, which I'd never explored before appeared to have been newly remodeled in all new modern architecture. The main corridor was lined with bright abstract works of art mixed with scenic black and white photographs and opened into a gigantic sitting room with insanely high ceilings, it was large and open and one wall of the vast sitting room was nothing but glass, there was a set of staris leading to a loft overhead with a cozier lounge area with book cases, on the ground floor there was a sleek black sofa with a slew of grey and black pillows sitting in front of a modern black fireplace. Past the stairwell was a small kitchen and dining area separated from the sitting room by one of the biggest fish tanks I'd ever seen, filled with an array of colorful exotic fish and coral.

"Illumi-sama?" I asked curiously as he set me on my feet next to the fireplace before heading up the stairs to the loft, without a word.

"Hm?" He paused halfway up the stairs.

I bit my lip unsure of what to do or say, I noticed him unbuttoning the jacket of his tuxedo and threw him a curious look, "What are you doing?"

"I have a contract." He shrugged before turning and heading up the stairs.

"Do you need help?" I asked curiously, knowing it was a stupid question, he never needed help he usually just let me tag along with him so I had an excuse to get out of the house, I was never of much use to him.

"No." He replied simply from the loft and I felt a slight pang of rejection in my chest, before shrugging it off. I slowly made my way up to the loft and was surprised to find that the cozy sitting room in the loft acted as the foyer for the master bedroom, tucked neatly behind it, there was a huge canopy bed with white black and red hangings and sheets, two large walk-in closets, two black dressers and two black night stands on either side of the bed and a door that led to an immaculate master bathroom .

Illumi stepped out of his walk-in closet, his tuxedo replaced with what looked almost like an acrobat's outfit in black with red accents and his hair lying flat down his back. His dark expressionless gaze fell on me as I looked around the room curiously. He hesitated for a moment before approaching me slowly.

I jumped as he appeared at my side and held my breath as his hand suddenly lashed out only to gasp as a single white lily appeared in his hand with a simple flick of his wrist. He extended the bloom to me without a word and I smiled softly as I accepted it.

"Thank you, Illumi-sama."

"I'll be back late." He replied softly before taking his leave.

I felt alone in the big empty wing. Silva and Kikyo wouldn't let the children come to play on my wedding night, so I knew I wouldn't be able to have any visitors, and I was sure I wouldn't be welcome outside of my new cell, so resigned myself to stay put and wait for Illumi to return. Placing the lily on my nightstand, I stepped into my own walk in closet praying that Kikyo hadn't filled it with nothing but dresses. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw other garments aside from dresses and found something comfy to change into. Deciding on a pair of black sweatpants and a comfy red sweatshirt as it was slightly chilly in the west wing, I changed quickly and carefully hung my wedding gown before heading back into the bedroom. Taking the bloom from my nightstand I went to explore the kitchen in search of a vase to put it in.

Settling on a glass cup, I placed the lily atop the fireplace mantle before flopping onto the sofa, staring at the fish tank with a soft sigh. Abandoned on my wedding night, it hurt, but I wasn't entirely sure what I had been expecting. We weren't in love, it was destined to be a loveless marriage, though I had a feeling my heart was going to betray me, I'd already developed feelings for him, feelings I knew could never be returned. I'd cursed myself to a sad lonely life.

After staring at the fish tank for as long as I could stand, about thirty minutes, I decided to explore the doors we'd passed in the corridor. I found two training rooms, an armory, a torture chamber, a few guest rooms, a guest bathroom, and a library. As I was about to venture into the library to see if I could find an interesting book, I heard the faucet turn on in the kitchen. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end, someone else was here.

Silently, I crept down the corridor toward the kitchen careful to suppress my aura, masking my presence entirely as my nails shifted into claws. If it were one of the children, they would have announced their presence. Though if it were one of Kikyo's assassins, why would they have turned on the sink? I reached the end of the corridor and flattened myself against the wall before slowly peering around the corner and felt my heart begin to race in my chest as I spotted a familiar head of crimson hair.

"H-Hisoka-san?" I called softly.

He turned to me with a smile, a glass of water in his hand, apparently, he'd made himself at home. "There's the cute little bride."

"What are you doing here?" I asked warily, still not leaving my spot.

"Illumi was worried you'd be lonely and asked me to watch over you." He winked.

"Illumi-sama was worried about me?" I asked in a daze and mentally cursed myself as I noted a hint of hopefulness in my voice.

Hisoka chuckled softly, "You don't know?" He smirked, "How cute."

"What are you going on about?" I asked with a sigh as I left my spot and met him in the small dining room taking a seat at the high-top table next to the aquarium.

"It's nothing." Hisoka smiled innocently, "I'm sure you two will figure it out eventually. How about a game, Syn-chan?"

"What kind of game?" I asked warily.

With a flick of his wrist a deck of playing cards appeared in his hand. Perhaps he'd taught Illumi the flower trick. Hisoka taught me every two-person card game known to man and we played cards for hours. Though he still made me nervous and apprehensive, I had to admit I had fun with him. Before I knew it, night had fallen and our only source of light was the glow of the aquarium.

It was late. My mind began to wander and my nerves began to run away with me. What if something had gone wrong? What if Illumi was hurt? Or what if there was no contract and he'd only married me because his parents forced him to pick a bride and I was the most convenient?

"Syn-chan?" Hisoka waved his hand in front of my face startling me from my dark thoughts.

"Hisoka-san, how long have you known Illumi-sama?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

"Nearly a year now." He shrugged, his bright golden eyes regarding me with curiosity.

"He's talked to you about me?" My voice wavered.

Hisoka chuckled, "You want to know how he feels about you?"

I nodded meekly.

"It's more fun if you figure it out on your own." He smiled mischievously. 

Video- White Wedding By Billy Idol (Cover performed by Janet Devlin)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 7.9K 41
HUNTER X HUNTER FF BOOK I "A family of assassins is bound to be unusual. Guess that's the price they have to pay." Everyone knows of the notorious...
31.2K 584 25
Your family is very known for owning a top tier company although no one knows what company it is. You get kidnapped because you were chosen to be the...
38.9K 1K 32
After working together for years, Hisoka finally gained the trust of Illumi's father, Silva Zoldyck. Illumi moves in with Hisoka, and feelings soon s...
490K 15.4K 36
Born as the second child in a family of the world's most feared assassins, Ellika Zoldyck, loves to create chaos and mischief in her trail. Illumi's...