A "Human" That Likes A Skelet...

By Krayzee_Tree

Began on: August 24, 2016 Completed on: August 24, 2021 The Underground Barrier has been broken for three yea... More

An Accident (?)
Back Home
Family
The Next Morning
The Park
A Call From A B.f.f
An Explination
A Surprise
The EX-Boyfriend
The Creepy Alleyway
A/N
The Void
Waking up
Chara's Soul
Breakfast At The Skele-Bros. House
New Friends
A New Friend
Contemplating
A New Room in The Skele-Bros. House
Y/n's New Room
Lullabies And Night-Terrors
The First Try
Park And Lunch
Y/n's Speech
Talking With Sans
Second Try
Third Time's The Charm
Have We Met Before?
The Slip Up
Y/n's Past
Powers In Progress
A Christmas Party Invite
A/N
Finding A Dress, I Guess...
A Talisman
The Seeking Of The Hiders
The Frightful Flower And The Grateful Goat
Reunion
Rescuing And Singing
Breakfast At Goat-Mom's
Flying And Getting Ready
Arrivel To The Chrismas Party
Dancing With Sans
A/N
A Test Of Power
Kidnapped
Christmas Day
A Christmas Mistletoe
WaterFall And The DreamScape
Snowed-In
A Very White Winter
Asgore's Praise
Confession Pt. 1
A/N
The Location Of A Friend
Escape/Confession Pt. 2
The Darkness' Power
Confrontation...With Sans
Confession Pt. 3
3 Krazy Things. 1 Day.
A/N
On The Other Side However
A New Friend
Flee Flying
An Unexpected Vist
Pun War With Sans
A/N
Arrival
#I'm Not Dead/Kind-Of Important Info
A/N I AM CONTINUING!!
The Final Save
The Beach
Texting Thread
A Day Out
Gloria!?
Revealed
The Calvary Has Arrived
Helpful Tools For Two
The Worrier
The Final Battle
The Last A/N
Epilogue

A Strange Conversation

138 9 3
By Krayzee_Tree

READER

You were currently standing across your bio-parents in the backyard. You didn't want to accidentally cause a scene. Which would undoubtedly happen. Your siblings, Asriel, Chara, Frisk, Papyrus, and Isadora were in a bedroom, as far away from them as possible. Sans and Toriel were inside, but watching the three of you. Ready to pounce on the two terrible excuses for human beings should you give any sign you needed help.

You had your arms crossed, eyes narrowed, and your cover securely on. The tension was thick as you watched Cain sweat bullets in his white lab coat, despite the cool evening.

"So." You started, the venom already seeping into your voice unconsciously. "What do you want to tell me?"

Wringing his hands you wondered if he regretted coming here. The way his eyes darted around looking anywhere but you, it was almost pathetic.

"We- uhm, we came to warn you," Cain said, sounding less than confident. Every word sounding more like a question. You rose an eyebrow.

"About what, Warrior? Sorry to break it to you, but I already know she has the Cowls under her control." Cain gulped, looking to Gloria before returning his attention to you.

"It's uh, a little more than that, I saw something- something else-" Cain stammered working each of his fingers individually. "I, uh, that is, I-" Cain seemed to have trouble forming his next sentence, after accidentally looking at you for the first time since the Lab.

You narrowed your eyes, egging him on to continue.

"I can, uh I can help fix the Cowls and turn-turn them back...to Human" He finally managed to get out. Your eyes widened, a strange feeling welled up in your chest.

"You're telling me there's a way to reverse them!?" You spat.

Cain flinched at your tone, as did Gloria, you could care less. You wouldn't let it show but they had piqued your interest.

"You have 5 minutes" You offered, folding your arms and changing your stance to get comfortable. Cain's eyes lit up and an uneasy smile tugged at the corners of his lips. A really strange sight, since you thought he had forgotten how to smile.

"Okay. I saw Warrior power-up in this weird Cainister, so now she looks different. There was a backup plan to lure you to the base of Mt. Ebott in case you- you uh... failed to be taken by Warrior last time..." Cain mumbled the last part as he was talking, looking like he regretted mentioning it. All you did was shift your weight from one foot to the other.

Cain cleared his throat.

"A-anyways," he started again "if I were to guess where she'd be attacking it could be there.. Though I could be wrong, since she pretty much tossed me out like yesterday's news..."

You continued to stare at your bio-father, his confidence started to dwindle and Gloria touched his shoulder with her hand. Probably to remind him he only had your attention for a decreasing amount of time.

"Right, uhm, about the Cowls. That machine that I was going to, uh, blast you with... Was the same one that I was working on all those years ago, though I had added modifications to it... I managed to copy what it did to you.

"Though it never got the magick thing right, all of the Cowls could use the dust in the air and collect it into the shape of the attacks you could produce, but none of them were ever solid enough to hold form for longer than 5 seconds. How it worked was actually a miracle I stumbled on accident-" Cain was cut off by getting an elbow to the ribs.

Cain shut his trap after seeing the impatience on your face. Wringing his hands again he got back on track.

"Right. Okay, in essence, I can reverse the effects of how I did it with that same machine. Or, if Warrior has destroyed it, which I would not doubt she has, I can make another one as long as I have the right supplies."

You hummed, thinking back to all he said. 

"Have you tested that theory?" You quipped. Cain nodded.

"Yes, I have perfected it. I more sure of that than anything." You pursed your lips before speaking again.

"I will consider what you told me, Cain." You shifted from one leg to the other. "If what you're telling me is a lie-"

"It isn't! I swear!" He interrupted frantically. You scoffed.

"As if your word has any meaning." You growled, "As I was saying. If any of what you told me is a lie I won't let you get away with it. I'll make sure that you live a life of misery far worse than what you've already gone through. To make you repay all of the things you have done not just to me, but a hundred others." At the end of your threat, you gave him the coldest glare you could muster.

"Now, I have one last thing to say." 

You remembered something the Mysterious Girl said, of how the Shadows would 'take kindly' to him, and how she said to ask him about it. But, as you looked between the pair, you couldn't help but notice something was different. Very different.

It had something to do with their auras. Before, Cain was always cold and unfeeling, Gloria just plain unemotional. However, now it felt like they were almost fragile. Learning how to be human again.

"You two were controlled." You stated.

The two blinked then looked at each other.

"Con- Controlled?" Gloria asked. You nodded.

"Yes, I didn't realize it until now. But you two were under the influence of the Shadows. Also known as Hate, Level of Violence, Warrior." As you listed off the names of the horrid energy that has been tormenting you for months now. You saw the confusion on your bio-parents' faces ease, then increase again.

"They went after you first, Cain, taking advantage of your stress and molding it into a mindset that always made you to be right in every situation. Then they took over you, Gloria, in order to isolate my siblings and I. It wasn't that machine that gave me my add-ons. The shadows made it so we thought that's what happened. When really." You paused, considering what to say next.

"Someone else gave me my powers." You said vaguely, Cain's eyes widened. "This person saved my life in the process of choosing me to fight with Warrior if I wanted. I have accepted to be their fighter, so they gave me something to banish Warrior from this world forever."

Cain and Gloria looked at you with wide eyes. You didn't offer any other explanation, instead, you kept talking.

"After I do so, I want to speak to you two one last time. Think you can handle that? You'll be held at one of my friends' houses. She's a cop. I've already had someone call her up, in fact, she's in the house right now."

The two both looked at the sliding glass door, where Undyne had joined Sans and Toriel. A scowl lacing her features, making her 10 times more terrifying than normal. Cain and Gloria gulped. 

"Well?" You prompted, Cain snapped his eyes back at you.

"Yes, yes that's fine." He quickly agreed, apparently not all that excited to anger you. You nodded.

"You better not try anything funny, Undyne has my full permission to pummel you should you even look like you would get into trouble. Understood?" Cain straightened, Gloria following his lead.

"Understood," They both said in unison.

~*~Time Skip~*~

As you typed away at your phone, thoughts kept flying through your head a million miles per minute. Cain and Gloria were already taken by Undyne, who gave you her word she would keep a close eye on them. But you were struck by what they had done...

They traveled all this way, from Mt. Helens to the Skele-bros. house. You figured Cain only knew where you lived now because of Warrior, back when he thought he controlled her. When it really was the other way around. But you digress.

Once you saw a green checkmark appear on your screen, along with the words 'Name changed successfully' did you release a breath you had been holding. The cards would be shipped in a couple of days, all you had to do was wait. 

Turning off your phone, you plugged it in and started to pace around the room, not willing to stand still. Your mind was a complete mess. Thinking of all the different ways Cain could be tricking you. There was a part of you that believed him, but mostly you were trying to convince yourself that this couldn't be true. Your parents couldn't have just switched just like that.

Could they?

When you turned on your next pass, you bumped into something. You tried to take a step back to see what it was but you soon found yourself trapped in a hug. A hug that only one person could achieve. 

"You should be sleeping" You muttered quietly, having a strange sense of Deja Vu.

"So should you." Was the reply. 

Sighing, you returned the hug and dug your face into the fluff of Sans' hoodie.

"I'm so tired of all of this Sans." You admitted. "I'm tired of worrying, I'm tired of looking over my shoulder. I'm just-" You sighed, a good indicator to Sans that he knew you were deeply bothered.

His hand came up to cup the back of your head. His other rubbing in the spot between your wings. Releasing tension you hadn't really realized was there.

"(Y/n)," He whispered, "worrying is my job, not yours." You let out a breathy laugh.

"No it wasn't, it was mine way before I met you." Sans hummed before holding you a bit closer.

"Well now that I'm here, I claim it. So there" You scoffed and hugged him tighter.

Closing your eyes, you let Sans shuffle the both of you to the edge of your bed. You sat down and Sans let go, letting his arms fall to his sides. Taking a hand he cupped your cheek before he started to bend down.

Touching your foreheads together, he spoke.

"I want you to get some sleep, things always get better once you put them aside for a while." You smiled.

"Is that why you take so many naps?" Sans chuckled.

"Maybe."

Sans leaned forward, you guessed his intentions, and met him halfway, kissing him. It was short and sweet, and you felt some of the whirlwind that was your mind calm down a little. 

After you parted, Sans gently pushed to the side, so that you were laying down. Then, he took the covers that were on the opposite side of the bed, you forgot to make the bed this morning, and tuck the edges to your chin. You complied with him, knowing it was no use trying to argue.

You feined falling asleep, adding a fake yawn to sell it. Sans smiled softly at you and tucked a loose strand of hair behind your human ear.

When Sans left, you opened your eyes and sat up. You felt a little bad pulling that trick on him, but you still had things to think about. You didn't feel the least bit tired. As you were pouring over your thoughts, you had the urge to start pacing again but talked yourself out of doing it for the sake that if you did, Sans would know.

Sighing heavily you rubbed your temples. Trying once again to think through all the information given to you over the course of these months. Stuff you had known for years shifting because of a new piece of information shedding a clearer light.

All of a sudden, you felt a strange sense of unease, pausing your fingers you looked around the room. Soon enough you pin-pointed it to see a dark thing in the corner of your room. 

Summoning an Owl Claw you threw it at the entity, the light glow illuminated that it wasn't a figure, but a letter hanging suspended in the air. You furrowed your eyebrows together and halted the Claw from impaling the wall and instead used it to hook around the letter and bring it back to you.

The moment it neared you, you could feel that it was of Warrior's doing. The letter was a single piece of parchment. Black as the void where her soul should be. Carefully unfolding it, white letters glowed on the page, the smokey font flickering as if they were tiny flames.

To the Human known as (Y/n).

I know you've seen and talked to the White One. She is nothing but a coward since she will not fight me here, but you have that privilege. However, I am willing to give you a choice, join me and you shall be with others like you. Dragged down by misfortune, forced to live with the barest of essentials. The feeling of Cain (L/n) breathing down your neck. Or fight me at the base of Mt. Ebott. Alone. No friends or allies.

Even though I know your answer, I shall offer anyways.

I shall be waiting~

You stared at the letter. You read it, and re-read it, and re-re-read it. Knowing the conversation you just had with Cain and Gloria, she was talking a lot of bull. It was Warrior that made all of this happen. She must've been planning this for years... But why? What does she get out of tormenting people like you?

Narrowing your eyes, you thought of a couple reasons... None of them good.

~*~Time Skip~*~

Was sneaking off at 3 am your best idea? Probably not. Did you have any other choice? Possibly. Were you going to choose something else? 

...

Nahhhhh

In all honesty, you were going alone because you didn't want to cause harm to anyone, as you planned on not holding back for a single second. It seemed that was the only way to actually be on Warrior's level. You wanted this to be the final battle.

As you pushed through the underbrush, you came upon a small clearing, no one was in sight, so you let down your cover looking for the goth girl.

It wasn't long before you felt the suppressing air of that aura. Frowning, you stepped up to the inner edge of the clearing as Warrior made her appearance. Your eyes widened at her changed form. 

Where feathery wings used to be, leathery bat-like wings beat the air instead. The cat ears were replaced with curled horns that spiraled on either side of her head. Her eyes were a sheen of gold. It reminded you of the mysterious girl in an odd way. The tail resembled a devil's tail from the most popular interpretation of what a devil looked like.

Though her clothing just consisted of black on black, making her almost invisible in the dark night.

"W̸E̴L̸L̸ ̵W̷E̵L̶L̶ ̷W̵E̵L̶L̷,̷ ̴L̶O̶O̴K̴ ̸W̶H̶A̴T̶ ̶W̴E̷ ̵H̷A̶V̸E̸ ̴H̴E̴R̷E̴,̷ ̵T̶H̸E̵ ̵A̵N̸G̵E̶L̵ ̶D̴E̴C̴I̴D̶E̴D̴ ̸T̴O̵ ̶J̸O̶I̴N̵ ̸T̵H̸E̴ ̴P̵A̷R̵T̸Y̴.̸"

You flinched a little at the changed voice. It sounded like a mixture of all kinds of voices, some soft, some menacing, some high-pitched, and some low. Like every villain from every single Tv show or movie was speaking at once. Your hands curled into fists.

"I'm not joining anything! I came here to put an end to this!!" You shouted. Warrior shook their head. You couldn't tell what they were anymore. 

"S̴U̴C̷H̶ ̸A̶ ̶S̷H̸A̸M̸E̸.̶ ̵T̸H̸O̸U̵G̶H̷ ̶I̷ ̷S̴H̴O̵U̸L̸D̸N̶'̷T̶ ̷B̵E̶ ̴S̴U̵R̶P̴R̶I̵S̵E̸D̸.̴ ̴M̷O̷R̵T̵A̸L̵S̴ ̷L̴I̷K̸E̴ ̷Y̶O̴U̸ ̷A̶R̷E̷ ̵A̵L̷L̶ ̸T̴H̶E̷ ̸S̴A̶M̶E̸"

They whistled and a bunch of rustling came from the bushes and trees. Suddenly [Pinapples], 20 or more Cowls appeared. Clenching your teeth you scanned through the amassed mini army.

"YOU SAID TO COME ALONE!" You shouted, angry.

Warrior raised their eyebrows, before guffawing loudly in that weird voice.

"Y̸O̶U̴ ̶T̶H̵O̷U̶G̸H̶ ̸I̴ ̵W̴O̴U̴L̷D̵ ̸A̵B̸I̷D̸E̷ ̷M̷Y̵ ̴O̸W̴N̴ ̸R̸U̶L̵E̷S̸?̶ ̵Y̴O̶U̵'̷R̷E̷ ̵M̵O̸R̸E̴ ̴G̵U̵L̷L̶I̸B̸L̸E̵ ̷T̵H̵A̵N̶ ̵I̷ ̶T̸H̴O̴U̷G̴H̷T̸!̸!̷" They said after a few moments.

You huffed and got down to a fighting stance.

Warrior looked down at you.

"Y̴O̸U̸ ̷S̶T̵I̴L̶L̷ ̶W̵A̶N̴T̶ ̵T̷O̵ ̴F̶I̵G̸H̶T̴?̷ ̸"

You didn't say anything, only summoned an Owl Claw to both hands and Boom Kitties around your feet. Warrior grinned.

"O̸N̶E̸ ̸D̶E̴A̸T̶H̷ ̶W̴I̵S̴H̸ ̷C̴O̴M̶I̸N̸G̵ ̷R̷I̷G̴H̴T̵ ̸U̴P̶"

Warrior raised a hand up and shot it out. The gathered Cowls raced towards you, and you crossed your arms in front of your face, readying something new. Your crystal cracked, and that same spiral that appeared in the box snapped open, letting magick run loose.

Once they were close enough, you shot your arms back down to create an 'X' slice in the air. (F/c) coated the attack as it rushed forward, growing the farther it went and sent the Cowls scattering.

They weren't tripped up for long though, because they quickly regained their balance and started to attack you. You covered yourslef in a shield, planning out your next move, but they were relentless.

Just as your shield started to crack and were about to become overwhelmed by the sheer number of Owl Claws and other attacks, a battle cry rose over the din.

"NGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

Blue spears appeared every which way and blocked and destroyed every attack aimed at you.

~~~

[There is a reference to a comment that was made on April 23rd, 2021 that made me laugh so hard I snorted. It's a 'misspell' of the word 'Canister' to 'Cain-ister' if you can find it, it's where Cain is speaking to (Y/n) about Warrior.]

keep being Awesome!!

~Krayzee

Words: 2848

1 CHAPTER LEFT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 931 16
It's the same beginning. Isn't it always? (Y/n) is a neko (a cat-like human) who has fallen in more ways than one and will now have the pleasure of b...
22.4K 736 29
You were an average kid, somewhat having a older mind than most of your classmates. you had always been into the undertale fandom, and even knew almo...
504K 12.3K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...
85.9K 2.4K 17
Warning! This story may contain spoilers for the pacifist run of Undertale, so made sure you've finished that first! There IS NSFW/Lemon in this stor...