A "Human" That Likes A Skelet...

By Krayzee_Tree

Began on: August 24, 2016 Completed on: August 24, 2021 The Underground Barrier has been broken for three yea... More

An Accident (?)
Back Home
Family
The Next Morning
The Park
A Call From A B.f.f
An Explination
A Surprise
The EX-Boyfriend
The Creepy Alleyway
A/N
The Void
Waking up
Chara's Soul
Breakfast At The Skele-Bros. House
New Friends
A New Friend
Contemplating
A New Room in The Skele-Bros. House
Y/n's New Room
Lullabies And Night-Terrors
The First Try
Park And Lunch
Y/n's Speech
Talking With Sans
Second Try
Third Time's The Charm
Have We Met Before?
The Slip Up
Y/n's Past
Powers In Progress
A Christmas Party Invite
A/N
Finding A Dress, I Guess...
A Talisman
The Seeking Of The Hiders
The Frightful Flower And The Grateful Goat
Reunion
Rescuing And Singing
Breakfast At Goat-Mom's
Flying And Getting Ready
Arrivel To The Chrismas Party
Dancing With Sans
A/N
A Test Of Power
Kidnapped
Christmas Day
A Christmas Mistletoe
WaterFall And The DreamScape
Snowed-In
A Very White Winter
Asgore's Praise
Confession Pt. 1
A/N
The Location Of A Friend
Escape/Confession Pt. 2
The Darkness' Power
Confrontation...With Sans
Confession Pt. 3
3 Krazy Things. 1 Day.
A/N
On The Other Side However
A New Friend
Flee Flying
An Unexpected Vist
Pun War With Sans
A/N
Arrival
#I'm Not Dead/Kind-Of Important Info
A/N I AM CONTINUING!!
The Final Save
The Beach
Texting Thread
A Day Out
Gloria!?
Revealed
Helpful Tools For Two
The Worrier
A Strange Conversation
The Final Battle
The Last A/N
Epilogue

The Calvary Has Arrived

667 25 52
By Krayzee_Tree

[Hi there! I'm sorry for the long wait, I aim to complete this book before the year is over... Wish me luck!

Friendly Reminder before we start: 

(Y/n)'s powers are called Magick.
While the Monster's powers are called Magic

Apologies for the long wait. Ya'll are awesome for sticking around ^^;

Now if you'll excuse me I'mma drop this chapter here and disappear off the face of the Earth again. Bye!

keep being Awesome!!

~Krayzee]

~*~Sans' POV~*~

-The day before-

"Pancake, this is starting to get un-bear-able!" I called out.

"NYEH! That's not gonna help Sans!" Pap berated me somewhere to the right from where I was.

 I just kept my non-existent ears open to hear the familiar snark that came from (Y/n) no matter how hard she would try to keep it in.

But I just heard silence.

To be honest, I was freaking out. She would've given us a sign or something. I darted my eyes around, looking up at the sky sometimes to see if she was in the air. Those owl wings would be silent when she wanted them to be.

Nada.

I let out a deep breath, looking back down where my feet were and trudged on. I was about to call out her name again when a sudden shout beat me to it.

"GUYS OVER HERE!!!!" It was Chara.

I felt a cold rush of fear run its course down my back and I took off. Teleporting to Chara's side when I caught sight of her in a clearing that seemed darker than the others.

When I got there, I stepped in front of Chara to see that she was holding her feather necklace. The very same one that she had gotten from (Y/n) that night a few weeks ago. The silver lining on it was glowing brightly. I looked up at Chara's face and I grew slightly concerned at her expression.

"What does it mean?" I asked. Chara jolted, snapping from her intent staring. Light brown eyes darting up to look at me. Then back down to the feather.

"(Y/n) was here. I've found that this feather reacts to her magick, as well as holds it. Whenever the Hate tried to corrupt me again, it would glow just like this and make it go away." I looked around, trying to make sense of what Chara said.

"So, she used her magick, do you think dropping her shield counts?" I pondered, walking around. But that's when everyone else started to file into the clearing.

After debriefing them on what Chara knew, we started to brainstorm.

"Okay. So (Y/n) would've definalty come out by now." Elijah said, folding his arms. "She wouldn't just let us freak out this much." Agrian and Rose nodded.

"Yeah, she might've thought to pull a prank, but wouldn't go this extreme" Agrian agreed.

"So... Something must've happened to her." Asriel offered.

The muskets looked around and I caught Toriel's eye. She wrung her hands and had that worried look that only a mother could achieve. But I was afraid I was a whole other level. My initial thought was something to do with her father... If I could even call him that.

"Hey what's this?!" Undyne exclaimed and pointed at a weird black root of some sort on the ground. All of us crept closer but Toriel made sure that the kids were farther away.

Chara, who was still at my side, grasped her necklace. It already caught my eye though. The shine was sifting through the gaps in her fingers.

"WARRIOR was here too." She whispered. Undyne looked up.

"Who?"

"Basically an evil twin to (Y/n)... Right?" Chara supplied, then looked up to Elijah. He nodded.

"Pretty much" Rose gasped. Her hands flying to try and communicate.

'DOES THAT MEAN MY SISTER WAS TAKEN BY HIM?!'

I clenched my fist. 

With the other I placed it on Chara's shoulder, she lifted her head to me and gulped. I had my permanent smile turned down as far as I could so it formed more of a scowl.

"We're getting her back." I said darkly.

Her eyes studied me for a second before they filled with determination. Letting the feather necklace fall, she nodded once.

"They messed with us for the last time."

-Present Day-

I stood before the lab of Mount Saint Helens with Dad, Asgore, Mettaton, Undyne, and Toriel. Papyrus was staying and watching over the muskets who had wanted to help but it was decided that they were more likely to get in the way. And that (Y/n) would probably kill them for coming along. That was the one fact that had Elijah, Agrian, and Rose backing down the most.

We all glanced at each other, steeling ourselves for whatever would come from this place.

Then we charged.

The entry doors were easy to beat down. No one was guarding the front, for some unknown reason. As we pounded along the hallway, I noticed odd things. Things that seemed out of place. 

First, there were claw marks on almost every door we passed. Then, there were the tufts of different color hai,r or rather fur, when I really looked at it. It was the feathers that finally got me to pull the stops.

"Guys wait," I called slowing down. 

"What is it, Sans?" Dad asked, I placed a hand on one of the claw marks. Then it came.

Calls for help.

They were faint, no louder than a whisper, but they were there. All of us had heard them, since I could see everyone looking around for the source.

"Over there" Undyne pointed down the hallway to a door on the other side.

It was bolted shut, as we neared it, the cries became more pronounced.

"Stop! Please! We didn't know!"

"Don't hurt her! Don't hurt my baby!"

"Help! Help us please somebody!"

"MOMMY!!"

When we reached the door, Asgore raised his trident and shoved the prongs into the metal. The sound of metal breaking off screeched in my non-existent ears. Once there was a hole big enough for us to enter through, Toriel stormed in and we all followed behind her.

What we saw was shocking, confusing, and nothing I had ever seen before. Cowls. A whole room completely packed with them. There were a few normal humans by a control panel of some sort and as I took in the scene, I saw a child with little kitten ears poking through her dirty raven hair being restrained by one of them.

All of us paused whatever we were doing, staring at the other side.

"Who are you?" One Cowl asked. He was near the front, with ears that had tufts of black fur reaching far above where the ear ended in a sort of lynx style.

"We're looking for someone," I replied, darting my eyes over the group again. "By any chance has anyone seen a Cowl with a crystal?" The Cowl opened his mouth and glanced at his side of the room then at ours.

"All... of us have crystals, you're gonna have to be more specific." To back up his point, he hooked his thumb underneath a  cord around his neck and pulled out a bright green gem hanging from the necklace.

"What are you doing with that child?" Toriel cut me off before I could reply. Her eyes were completely fixated on the kid that was being gripped by one of the three humans. The man looked at her, and sneered.

"Just teaching her manners. Monster." Toriel's eyes flashed and in a second, fireballs appeared in her hands and every Cowl in the room yelped before falling down onto the ground.

"Do-Don't hurt us!! Please, not like her." The Cowl from before pleaded. Toriel looked down in bewilderment.

"Like who?" Undyne asked this time, walking forward and squatting down and offering a hand. "We have a friend just like you. That's who we're looking for." A different Cowl popped up their head, insanely fluffy looking ears perking up.

"Is it Number Zero?!" She asked frantically. "Because her and Number One are fighting in the training room" I scrunched my bone-brows.

"What does this Number Zero look like?" Dad inquired. The female Cowl gulped and followed with her eyes as Toriel neared the child, a fireball still in each hand, and successfully scaring off the scientist away.

Once the child was safe, the fire disappated, and the Cowls relaxed significantly. The kid looked up at Toriel then ran to another female Cowl who wrapped her arms around the little girl and whispered a thank you.

"Brown speckled wings, darker ears, and tail. But the brightest (F/c) eyes I've ever seen." The other female Cowl informed. At the mention of (Y/n)'s favorite color, I tensed.

"Where is the training room?" I questioned seriously, taking a few steps forward. I never got an answer.

Because I didn't need one.

A huge explosion rocked the walls, pieces of dust and drywall sifted down from the ceiling. I turned on my heel and rushed out of the room searching where it came from. Turns out, I didn't have to search for very long. Because right in front of me was the snowy wasteland of outside.

The entire section of the lab was completely blown away. There was a small crater where it used to be, the floor I was standing on the only flat ground before it sloped down. In the center of the crater, were two figures, one quite larger than the other. It was black, an entity shaped crudely like a dragon. As if you took pieces of obsidian and tried to shape it like the beast only to give up halfway and poorly paint it in Vantablack.

The other figure was a flash of color, but what got my non-existent heart jerk to a stop in utter terror was the loose tornado-like swirl of (F/c) magick surrounding her. By this time, the others had exited out of the room except for Toriel.

I scanned the slope for an easy way down, glancing at the fighting pair before making a decision and summoning a Gaster Blaster to ride that down.

"SANS WAIT!!" I heard Dad call out but I only glanced back half-heartedly.

Both of the fighting pair in front of me didn't realize how fast I was coming towards them, I used that to my advantage. Summoning an army of bones, I kept my right hand on the skull of the GB while thrusting my left forward, aiming for the dragon-thing. Perfect shot.

The attack took it down to the snowy dirt. (Y/n) spun around and I looked up to lock eyes with her but something was wrong. They weren't (F/c).

They were silver.

The sclera, the iris, pupil- everything, was just a sheen of silver. I clenched my teeth and guided the GB up to become level with her.

"(Y/n)? Please, please tell me that's you." I demanded. 

She didn't respond, only turned to the black beast on the ground and dove. Letting out a battle cry. Spinning her body like a drill until, in a burst of light, she was laying down in the snow next to the figure of Warrior. In all her goth-like glory. Was that dragon beast thing her? Then what happened to (Y/n)?!

I sped down to the ground and from the corner of my eye, I saw the others run towards us too. Toriel still not with them, maybe she's still with the Cowls? I kept my attention on my girlfriend. She looked like she was out cold. 

...

Dang it Sans now's not the time for puns.

I hopped off the Gaster Blaster,  crouching down to (Y/n)'s level and hurriedly scooping her up, I sat down and brushed away some hair away from her face. Holding her close to me, I failed to notice the dark figure raising from the ground. That is, until my GB started growling and powered up to fire.

I ground my teeth together, and before I let her have a decent stance, I felt my left eye flare and the Gaster Blaster stayed true to its name and blasted Warrior. That was enough to give everyone else time to catch up and stand in the space between me, (Y/n), and that evil emo chick.

I tightened my grip on her frame, and brought my arm up to cradle her head into the fluff of my hoodie and on my shoulder. Narrowing my eyes as Warrior staggered to stand. Asgore readied his trident, Undyne summoned two glowing blue spears for each of her hands. Dad snapped his fingers and a slightly more detailed Gaster Blaster appeared over his head, Mettaton had a couple of those little shooting robots buzzing around her, and I called a ring of blue bones around both me and (Y/n). Three rows full, I'm not taking any chances. 

Warrior shook her head but before she could steady herself Undyne threw one of her spears, conjuring another one immediately after. It hit and sent the dark girl reeling back. She gripped where the point of the projectile nailed her in the shoulder and ripped it out. Growling like an uncontrollable animal.

"You Shouldn't Ha-" She was cut off by Asgore swiping the air in front of him and sending a wave of fireballs towards her. After that, I grew more concerned with (Y/n). But the sounds coming from their direction were enough to tell me it was a full-fledged battle.

I looked at her condition, that bright light must've really been something, she was still conked out, to make things worse, she was still in her beachwear. The (F/c) summer dress was ripped and torn near the hem, and there were scorch marks where I saw bits of her one-piece swimsuit peek through.

Taking a deep breath, I repositioned her so she was mostly inside my jacket. Her being so small helped quite a bit. I made sure she was sitting in my lap rather than on the cold snow. Her wings were a little awkward to fold right, but I managed.

Once I finished, I risked a glance up and saw that it was pretty much a one-sided battle, and we were winning. This might not last, I knew that much. Quickly thinking of a plan, I hugged (Y/n) close and used my magic to summon another GB. 

Slowly, I rose from the ground and had the attack slash sort of pet scoop us up so we were resting on top of its head. 

"Mhn" I snapped my head down to see (Y/n) stirring. 

"(Y/n), it's okay, I've got you. Don't worry, you're safe." I spoke softly, silently ordering the GB to get us the heck outta here. (Y/n) shifted just a little, just so her head fit more comfortably in the crook of my neck, and stilled. I zipped up my jacket then repositioned the fluff of my hoodie so it could protect her face from the cold.

"NO!!" A furious voice echoed out. I glared at the quickly receding fight. I got my girl back and there ain't nothing you can do about it. Ms. Freakazoid.

When the GB reached the floor of the lab. Toriel came up to me, I noticed that most of the Cowls had exited the room they were confined in.

"Is she alright?" The motherly ex-queen asked, I nodded.

"For the most part, other than a few burns she's fine." Toriel nodded and came up a bit closer to place her paw onto (Y/n)'s forehead and as soon as she did, a faint green glow surrounded it. 

"You are right Sans, she is in remarkable shape, is that not confusing?" I tilted my head to the side.

"I would think it's actually a relief..." Toriel nodded

"Well yes, of course, but it's just that, with every other instance that (Y/n) has encountered Warrior, she had been hurt in some way."

"Wait, what do you mean? Has Number Zero fought Number One before?" The Cowl that talked to us before popped up beside Toriel. She removed her paw, I fixed the fluff since the oncoming blizzard was relentless with its wind. 

The Cowls didn't seem bothered, they were in t-shirts and sweatpants, which should tell me that (Y/n) wouldn't be either. But doggone it if I allowed (Y/n) get sick when I can prevent it... Okay, fine, I'm being overprotective get off my case.

"Her name is (Y/n)," I said, eyeing the Cowl. He shrunk under my gaze, mumbling an apology.

"I'm sorry," I raised a bone-brow but continued with what I was saying to him.

"And yes, she has, like what four times?" I asked Toriel, she nodded her head.

"Seems about right," The Cowl looked utterly awestruck.

"No one that I had seen fight Number One had ever returned alive."

Toriel and I exchanged looks, that didn't seem quite right...

"What is your name?" The goat woman asked, turning her full attention to the Cowl. He froze, looking almost embarrassed.

"We, ah, no longer use our names when we turn Cowl, but they gave me Number Twelve"

"So you were all once human?" Toriel asked shocked. The Cowl nodded his head.

"Yes, we all chose to become like what you see now, Dr. Cain promised us security and safety most of us couldn't afford." He gestured to the rest of the crowd, which were paying loose attention to our conversation. At the mention of (Y/n)'s dirtbag of a father, she shifted in the folds of my jacket and I held my arms around where she was to hold her a little closer.

"We all come from different walks of life, Dr. Cain offered us refuge, all we had to do was to become even more different than we already were."

After explaining this to us, Toriel gazed across what seemed to be around thirty people.

"How many of you are there?" She asked quietly, "I know I've already asked, but we were interrupted..." Number Twelve grinned, nodding since he apparently understood.

"It's okay, right at this moment there are 39 with us. Though we started with 100." I widened my eyes at the numbers. A hundred?! Toriel looked more distressed.

"What happened to the other 61?" She inquired hesitantly, almost as if she didn't want to know.

"Dead." Number Twelve said kind of bluntly.

I felt my soul twist, 61 people made to turn their bodies into an experiment dead because of living circumstances.

"Doesn't sound like this is much of a safe plan," I told him. He shrugged, 

"It's not we had much choice when we were offered the deal. Now, we have to stick to it until the end." Toriel shook her head.

"You all could come back with us. We could help you." With her words, the entire population of altered Humans started murmuring to each other, some looking hopeful, and others uneasy. 

By this time, it started snowing, which brought a few memories of Snowdin for me. That, in turn, made me long for the warmth that had been around the day we left Snowdin Drive for this place. Besides, we had to leave as soon as the others were done... Actually a better plan would be for me to just get (Y/n) home then come back.

I gently nudged Toriel, earning her attention. "Tori, I'm just gonna get (Y/n) home real quick. I'll be back." The goat lady nodded.

"I'll make sure the others keep her at bay until you come back." I smiled grimly and after looking over the crowd all talking amongst themselves, I teleported back to my house.

The energy used to do this drained me quite a bit, I stumbled as I felt my slippered feet hit the ground. The GB had to be dismissed in order for me to travel such a long distance. A warm breeze brushed passed me, and I looked around to gather my bearings. I was on the front lawn of my house, the curtains were pulled back, and I quickly realized it was late afternoon.

I looked through the window only to meet five different pairs of eyes. I stared at them locking eyes with Elijah.

Blink. Blink.

 Suddenly [Pineapples], they started to shout and jump about. I looked down at (Y/n) to find she was still out like a light. However, she looked better with the help of Toriel's healing magic. 

~*~

After (Y/n) was safely tucked into bed and the Muskets (Plus Papyrus) swore to protect her, I gathered as much magic as I could before I teleported once again. Once I did, I sucked in a breath and leaned a hand on a tree near the entrance. I was thankful I hadn't ended up somewhere near the base of the mountain. Though I knew I only had one more jump left before I seriously needed a nap.

After steading myself for a few more seconds, I walked slowly to the doors and stepped inside. Looking to the left, I saw the blown-up area from the other side of a corner and made my way over. I saw Toriel talking to a few Cowls, glancing at the crater every once in a while. I did so too and noticed that while my friends and dad didn't look all that tired, Warrior looked downright dead.

She was lying limply in the snow, just a speck of black among the white. Everyone surrounding her in a loose circle, attacks at the ready. It seemed that it was time to go. Just had to get the Cowls out of here too. 

Just thinking of getting all of these people out of here and back home already made my soul tired. I would need help from the others if we had hope of getting back. Sighing, I ambled towards Toriel near the edge and summoned a small GB to send a message to my Dad.

Number Twelve was speaking to a woman next to him, she was the mother of the child that had been restrained when we barged in. The only way I know this is because the kid was sitting at her hip, gripping the woman's shoulder tightly with one fist and rubbing her eye with the other. Tiny versions of owl and cat wings, ears, and tail that I couldn't identify ruffling along with the wind. Matching her olive-colored skin and big round brown eyes.

I caught the kid's eye and saw that she was staring at the GB with a lot of interest. I chuckled lightly and sent the Gaster Blaster on its way. The kid's eyes following it until it got to its target. Then, she looked back up at me. She patted on her mother's arm lightly and unconsciously the older lady set her daughter down, still engaged with her conversation. As if they've done this a hundred times before.

I shot a glance over the edge to see my friends and dad start to trek up the crater, then to the little girl who was shyly walking over to me. She wore a tattered pink shirt with white butterflies on it, a matching crystal hanging from a white cord, and a pair of ripped jeans. Her bare feet sliding across the floor so she wouldn't step on any debris. Her hair was a black nest whirled around her face, due to the wind.

"Hello," She started, sticking her hand up for me to shake it "I'm Isadora. I'm eight years old and you saved me from those bad guys who wanted to hurt me" 

I chuckled at her slightly blunt sentence and took my hand out of pocket to shake her tiny one still outstretched.

"Hello Isadora, my name's Sans, Sans the Skeleton." Her eyes lit up, and her previous shy posture was replaced with one that seemed she was itching to get to know me.

"Are you friends with Number Zero?" I searched the little girl's face, seeing nothing but innocence. I smiled a little.

"Yeah, but I know her as (Y/n). Can you tell me something?" Isadora nodded "Why do you call yourselves by numbers?" She scrunched her eyebrows together.

"I asked my mom that once. She said that it was because Dr. Cain wanted to keep track of us, and not have to memorize our true names. My number is 55." She held up her two hands spreading her fingers out. "My mom's is 54" She put one hand up then put one finger down. My guess was that's how she learned it.

"My turn!" She clapped her hands. "Why are you here?" I chuckled internally. She's really just a kid.

"My friends and I were looking for (Y/n), and take her back"

"Take her back?" Isadora tilted her head.

"Yeah, we were playing a game, and Warrior took her away from us. All were here for is to bring her back home. I've already done that, so now all of us are gonna make sure Warrior is good and beat up before we go home too."

"Who is Warrior?" I turned to the crater, seeing everyone just about to the lip of the floor where I was.

"She's that hard-core dark emo person at the bottom." I glanced back, "Or I guess you would call her Number One" Isadora's eyes lit up in understanding.

"Number One always scared me. She never smiled, wasn't very nice to anyone but Mr. Cain and I don't like her magick." She shivered, though I would guess it was because of fear rather than cold.

"I don't like it here either." She continued "It's always snowing and I can't go outside. Back in my old home me and my mommy and daddy we would sleep under the stars and I would run in lots of flowers." I looked around.

"Where's your dad now?" Isadora blinked then scrunched her face in a pouty thinking face.

"Mom says he went away. Someplace where I can't go. Not yet at least. She says that he went to help me and my mommy. He was a Cowl too, He had these really big grey wings." She spread her arms as wide as she could. I had a sudden bad feeling well in my non-existent gut.

"Last time I saw him, he was in a big glass cage with a weird machine. Mr. Cain and those bad scientists were shouting at each other then poof!" She raised her arms up "-He was gone. All that was left was his necklace. My Mom wears it all the time. Along with hers."

I blinked. Realization struck me in the soul. Her father vanished? By the hands of that demon? What do I do? I stare dumbfounded at the 8-year old kid. I racked my head for something-anything to say.

Miraculously, an idea sparked in my mind. Something that Toriel had mentioned.

"How would you like to leave this place forever? You wouldn't have to listen to Cain anymore, and you wouldn't have to see those bad scientist guys" I offered, Isadora's mouth dropped open.

"Forever?" I nodded, I swear her eyes started to sparkle. Then I realized they were sparkling. Little pieces of pink magick emitting from her brown eyes. I shook my head a little to clear it, but it was still true. I let out a small chuckle, and that's when I heard the voice of Dad.

"Sans! Are you up there?"

I stepped up to the edge and waved a bit. "Yep right here pops. Need a hand?" Dad chuckled as I popped off one of my hands and waved it a little. Glancing back at Isadora, her eyes were the size of dinner plates.

"That would be helpful, though I'd prefer it attached to you, son" I laughed and after returning my hand rightfully to its place, I outstretched it out and skidded only a bit while I was hauling dad over the lip of the shattered floor.

After helping out everyone else, Toriel came up to us. 

"Are all of us accounted for?"  Asgore nodded.

"Yes, it would seem that Warrior was not prepared for us. Or that perhaps (Y/n) did something to weaken her considerably." Undyne groaned, rolling a shoulder. 

"If that was her weakened, I wanna shot at her full strength." She muttered.

"You'd die" Murmured a Cowl nearby. Undyne fixed on her with her cat-like eye.

"What was that, punk?" She near growled out, the Cowl all but was leveled by the scrutiny of her gaze. Mettaton placed a hand on her left shoulder.

"Now now darling, let's not cause a scuffle. I for one am aching to go back home." Dad nodded.

"As am I. Though I must ask, perhaps we should extend this escape to our new friends?" Toriel beamed.

"That is what I offered," She turned to the group of adults, with the exception of Isadora and a few teenagers, "Number 12 said that all of you would like to come with us, if that's the case, we would all need to pitch in for the teleportation." Some of the Cowls blink, while others started dumbly.

"Teleportation?" Asked one with snowy white extras. "Is that possible?" I sniggered.

"Well of course, how else?" The Cowls looked at each other before the mother of Isadora strode up. The kid holding tightly to her hand by her side. She was staring right at me with an awed expression.

"We'll join you," Said the mother, Toriel offered her hand, smiling. The mother took it with her free one and soon after a teen with pastel purple eyes walked over and grabbed Isadora's other hand.

"I am too." He was looking down at the kid, with an expression I found familiar. I've seen it on (Y/n) countless times whenever she saw her siblings or the Muskets.

I strode to my dad's side and looked up at him, after gesturing to bend down a little. I whispered to him: 

"I'll really need your help if we plan of taking all of these people too," I informed, Dad's smile widened.

"Of course Sans. Naturally." I nodded, relief flooding my bones.

However, just as I took hold of Dad's hand, I felt an oppressive force rise from the crater. The energy seemed to squeeze my very soul and from what I could see, the Cowls were not responding well to it either.

Some of them had pulled their faces into a wincing expression. Others were slow to realize what was happening. Soon enough though, all of us had one thought. I only know this because everyone as one all looked over the side of the broken floor. Right where Dad, Undyne, Asgore, and Mettaton had been fighting-

Oh.

Oh no...

How in all the combined forces of nature did she survive?!

Warrior was standing at the base of the crater, however, even from this distance, I could see the unnatural glow of her (F/c) eyes. They were staring at us through the snow, which seemed to only lighten a little. Enough to let us see her raise her wings and take off into the air.

The second her feet left the ground 36 different screams echoed out of the lab.

I whipped my head towards them, and with only pausing a split second, I jumped forward, wrapping my arms around Isadora and taking off down the hallway with her. All the while yelling:

"EVERYONE FOLLOW ME NOW!!"

No one objected as they took off as well, Isadora was shaking from head to toe. The magick of Warrior rolled over us in waves. Enraged waves that had me grunting in pain from the headache. But I could only imagine what the Cowls were going through. Judging from the way Isadora cried out every new shock had me not wanting to complain about my own discomfort as we went this way and that.

I turned down a final corner and saw a door to my left, with reinforced steel lining the trim around it. With no other option, I summoned an army of bones, as I was too frazzled for a Gaster Blaster, I slammed the door open and ran in. It was a wide room, with beds on both sides of the wall. Looking as if it was some infirmary. 

I placed Isadora down and ran out to the front of the crowd hurrying into the room. My friends plus dad were tailgating the edge of the crowd and I grabbed my dad's hand. Pulling him to the nearest Cowl I barked another order. 

"JOIN HANDS" Simultaneously, Cowls connected their hands. Dad and I scrambled to gather enough energy.

"Where are we going, Sans?" He asked me, I racked my brain, the magick of Warrior rushing closer and closer to us with every second that I wasted.

"The Hotland Highway Lab. That should be big enough right?" I offered, Dad nodded and quickly glanced around.

 Blue and purple sparks ignited in our eyes as we used our combined magic to gather enough energy to send all of us back to New Home. But as soon as we were about to teleport, Warrior burst into the room and launched an attack at the two of us. 

It struck me right in the chest. Sending me flying back. Breaking the energy flow between me and everyone else.

"SANS!" Dad shouted, already rushing to my side.

The attack had me stuck to the floor, eyes wide. It wasn't a damaging attack per se, but it still took the breath away from my non-existent lungs. Cowls that were near me, looked down then back up to stare wide-eyed at the punk in the doorway.

"Now where do you think you're going...?" Warrior growled slowly, obviously still recovering from the onslaught. A blue spear appeared out of nowhere and soared towards her. 

She caught in one hand and snapped it to tiny shards with a clench of her fist. "I don't think so" She snarled.

Dad kneeled down to where I was laying and helped me up to a sitting position. I groaned and tilted unsteadily to one side before he intervened. Warrior fixed her unsettling eyes on me. I unwillingly froze on the spot.

"You." She spoke slowly, as if it hurt to speak "Are such a pain in the-" another spear cut her off, this time joined by a wave of fireballs. To which she grabbed the blue weapon and used it to wave the other attacks away. Having to break eye contact to do so.

Dad helped me to my feet, he pressed a hand to where the attack hit and I winced. I heard his jaw tighten and a few wisps of green threaded through his fingers, reinforcing my ribs. I looked at him and nodded my thanks, he smiled and nodded back turning his attention back to the enemy. She had stabbed the blue spear through the floor beside her.

"ENOUGH OF THESE GAMES!" She roared. spreading her arms out from her black tendrils extended from her fingers. Encircling everyone in the room, blocking all previous white of the walls.

"YOU ALL HAVE FORCED MY HAND. T̴H̷I̸S̶ ̶I̵S̶ ̴T̴H̵E̵ ̵C̶O̸N̷S̸E̶Q̷U̵E̶N̶C̵E̸.̵" Her voice started to sound more like as if multiple people were talking at once. Both males and females, so much so that I couldn't differentiate what it was anymore.

One of the tendrils shot out and stabbed a Cowl near me, she screamed, I stared horrified as her scream turned silent, her mouth open but no sound came out. Her orange eyes slowly turning black, until there was nothing else of her previous eye color. The pupil turned a sickly shade of green and it wasn't long after that I saw another Cowl possessed. 

I turned my head wildly, the black from the walls shooting out and claiming another Cowl. I summoned a bone and tried to intercept one of the tendrils, as did dad and the others. Cowls soon tried to defend themselves, various forms of Owl Claws shooting into the air. But it was all in vain.

Because as soon as the evil magick touched them, they disintegrated and the spike was still aimed true, claiming another of the 36. Whilst avoiding me and my friends. Could it be she could only control Cowls?

The claimed Cowls stood stark still. poised in the last position they were in before they were taken. taken how? I didn't know and I wasn't one to find out. I searched and soon found Isadora huddled underneath her mother, who was frozen with her arms around her daughter. I sucked in a breath and made my way to her, just as I heard a shout.

"Not Today SUCKERS!!" I spotted the source, Number 12, he was standing near the front. He was brandishing a large green shield over his head. The shield had tall sharp points shooting straight up and as one touched a tendril it disappeared, but two more took its place.

Warrior turned her attention to him too, and I thought I saw a familiar smirk adorn his face. How I thought I've seen it before I had no clue, but I reached Isadora and quickly got her back into my arms again, she was biting her lip and looking up at me. 

I placed a finger to my smile hoping she got the message to stay silent. She nodded, and I quickly guided her to the shield. Number 12 saw us coming up to the right side and the smirk widened, slyly holding relief. Then he trained his brightly glowing eyes on Warrior.

"You ready to dance, Goth girl?" He taunted. Rasing one hand above his head he ran away and towards Warrior. Green magick following him, stopping any tendrils from touching him.

Warrior snarled in that weird voice, focused solely on him. But then, a combined attack containing a GB blast (don't look at me), Multiple kinds of fireballs, at least a dozen spears, and flying robots blasted her out of sight.

Number 12 skidded to a halt and tilted his head. Which I thought was in confusion until I heard him say:

"Aww c'mon you either?  I guess you're too chicken!!" 

...

Why do I recognize that cocky tone?

An inkling of an idea brushed the edge of my head, but when I tried to chase it slipped away. Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. I shook my head as I saw my friends plus dad come up and beside me. Number 12 spun around and gave us a thumbs up. 

"Now that she's gone. Go! You have a chance! You can save us later!!" Number 12 shouted, Toriel's fists lit on fire. But he shook his head.

"Don't. Please, save yourselves before it's too late. Keep Number Zero safe, she can defeat her. Dr. Cain knew this, she's the one thing he fears more than anything else."

The information shocked me. I gulped, and reached out my hand.

"We can still help you, Number Twelve" He chuckled and shook his head. 

"No, I have to buy you guys time, do you feel that? She's nearly here again. Go, friends." Toriel sniffed and Isadora gripped my coat sleeve.

"We will find a way to help you" She promised. The Lynx Cowl chuckled and winked.

"That's all I ask, Mrs. Queen" He turned around and stood in the doorway.

There was Warrior in her goth-like horror staring down the hallway. I readied my magic to take us away, with Dad helping by lending a bit of his magic. Once again, though this time, we didn't have to build any power between us, as it would only be us with a plus one trip.

"Oh, and by the way..." He started, blocking the doorway with his body as Warrior started running. He turned his head where I saw bright green start to flow from his eyes. His next words sparked that inkling from earlier.

"The name's Jayden."

The world faded out as we teleported to safety. With Warrior screaming in pure rage as we once again slipped from her grasp.

~*~

Words: 6682

4 CHAPTERS LEFT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 922 20
Frisk spared everyone. The barrier was broken. All the monsters are free. But you, an 12 year old girl on a hiking trip, fall down. Now that the barr...
118K 3.9K 62
Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . •°•°☆°•°• Y/n (that being you) fell i...
7.5K 291 30
This is a remastered and hopefully better version of my other Mettaton X Reader fanfic (the first fanfic I ever wrote), only this one has a male read...
33.7K 496 42
♥Heh don't expect much, I'm just a young writer who is working on their writing skills.♥ So Yeah, this is just your average Sans Au x Reader ♥not my...