S'thandwa Sam' (Completed)

By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

She's a passionate dancer who loves the life of performing arts. He's a talented singer who is in an awesome... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To Johannesburg
Chapter Three: University of Witwatersrand
Chapter Four: First Day at Varsity
Chapter Five: So He Sings?
Chapter Six: Well, No Longer a Child
Chapter Seven: Cookham 32 Rocks Tembisa
Chapter Eight: Can't Allow This
Chapter Nine: Okay... I Miss Her
Chapter Ten: Beyoncè Knowles
Chapter Eleven: Dance Goddess
Chapter Twelve: Can Somebody Say "Disaster"?
Chapter Thirteen: I'm With Child
Chapter Fourteen: Disappointed
Chapter Fifteen: What Could Be The Matter?
Chapter Sixteen: Complications; Complications
Chapter Seventeen: Married Traditionally
Chapter Eighteen: First Real Date
Chapter Nineteen: Romance is in the Air
Chapter Twenty: Boy or Girl?
Chapter Twenty One: I'm In Love
Chapter Twenty Two: It Has Never Been A Game
Chapter Twenty Three: Can I Be Your Fairytale?
Chapter Twenty Four: We're Connected on a Deeper Level
Chapter Twenty Five: I Don't Remember
Chapter Twenty Six: Home
Chapter Twenty Seven: Thandolwethu
Chapter Twenty Eight: Totally Insane
Chapter Twenty Nine: Rot In Jail
Chapter Thirty: We're Family
Chapter Thirty One: Our Little Haven
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Two: Cookham 32 Saxy and Afro Live Play
Chapter Thirty Three: Labour With Favour
Chapter Thirty Four: Our Lives Begin
Chapter Thirty Five: Hey Ya
Chapter Thirty Six: Ubani
Chapter Thirty Seven: I Don't Love Him
Chapter Thirty Eight: I Should Have Listened
Chapter Thirty Nine: Through It All
Chapter Forty: The Rise
Author's Note
Chapter Forty One: Boo
Epilogue: Here's to Cookham 32

Chapter Two: Lover or Cheat?

800 74 3
By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

Author's Note: This is the second chapter, and hopefully you're not bored yet. You know what to do... Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Two: Lover or Cheat?

I woke up to a knock on my door. I rubbed my eyes and quietly moved Lindo's arm from around my waist. I walked bare foot to my door and opened it. There stood two men who I guessed were there to install my DStv. I let them in and they got to work. Lindo was still sleeping, so I decided to make him breakfast.

I winced when one of the men started drilling a hole in wall. He was so going to wake Lindo. Sure enough, Lindo woke up. I only heard him when he was standing right behind me and put his arms around my waist.

"Ndo", he whispered close to ear, as he laid his chin on my shoulder. I shivered and felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I didn't understand why I felt like this all of a sudden.

"H-hi", I stuttered, breathlessly. He turned me around so that I was facing him. He smiled down at me and I felt mesmerized. He was gorgeous. And that smile...

"How'd you sleep?" he asked. I looked away from his eyes and cleared my throat. I really didn't understand where these strange feelings were coming from.

"I slept okay, and you?" I replied. I still felt his eyes on me and I was all too aware of the fact that he hadn't let go of me. My breathing quickened and my heart was beating frantically so much, I thought he could hear it.

"Best night ever", he said. I looked up at him feeling shocked. He had on his dazzling smile and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I frowned at my ridiculous feelings and then I looked away from him again.

"I made you breakfast", I said, my voice coming out like a whisper. As I tried to pull out of Lindo's embrace, he tightened his grip on me.

"Look at me", he said in his melodically deep voice. The butterflies in my stomach turned into galloping elephants and I couldn't look at him. "Ndo, look at me", he said again, squeezing my waist a bit. I shivered and reluctantly raised my head. I looked at him and thought I saw admiration in his expression, but that couldn't be right, right? He started lowering his head, like he was about to kiss me. I started to panic, internally that is. What was he doing? I was saved by someone clearing their throat. I jumped and stepped away from Lindo, and he groaned in frustration. I frowned. What would he be frustrated about?

"We're almost done. We need some information from you", one of the installation guys said. I cleared my throat and rubbed my neck uncomfortably. I side-stepped Lindo and followed the man to the living area.

"The food's on the stove, Ndo", I called over my shoulder.
After the installation was done, I went to make my bed and then took a shower. While I was in the shower, I thought about the almost-kiss I had with Lindo. I didn't get what was going on, but for my sake, I wished that was just a dream.

After I had showered, I got dressed in denim shorts and a loose white top. I walked back into the room and found a tray of food on the bed. I looked over at Lindo, who was watching some music channel. I cleared my throat and he turned around.

"Thank you", I said. He smiled and turned back to the TV. I sat on my bed and ate quietly. My cell phone rang and I quickly answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello", I said.
"Hey baby", said my mom over-excitedly. I grinned and walked with the tray of food to the kitchen.

"Hi mom; how are you?" I said, as I placed the tray in the sink.
"I'm good, baby. How are you?" she replied.

"I'm great", I said, as I sat on the counter.

"How's Joburg? Is everything okay? How's the apartment? Did you get a car? And furniture? And have you seen Lindo and S'pha and Alex?" she asked in one breath. I laughed at her eagerness.

"Mom, relax. Haibo", I said. "Joburg is good. Everything is great. The apartment is perfect. I got a red Polo Vivo and of course, I got furniture. I have seen Lindo Alex and S'pha. Lindo is here, actually", I said.

"I'm sorry. I just got excited for you", she said, sheepishly. "May I speak to Lindo?" she said excitedly. I frowned.

"Mom, do you have a crush on my best friend?" I asked jokingly. She burst out laughing.

"Who wouldn't have one? He's gorgeous", she replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Me", I said.

"Well, that's because you are blind", she said. I chuckled.

"Don't be ridiculous", I said. I turned to look at Lindo. "Hey Ndo, mom wants to talk to you", I said. He got up from the beanbag and walked over to me. I handed him the phone. He took it and smiled.
"Hi Mrs Magagula", he said. "I'm well, and you ma?" he asked. I tuned them out, looking at Lindo, taking in his appearance. He had short black hair and fair skin. He had a strong jawline and perfect-looking lips; his bottom lip was slightly pink. He had a smile on his face as he spoke to my mom. That smile always took my breath away. He really was handsome.

My eyes travelled down his neck and I saw his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed. That was absolutely sexy in my eyes. When I realized what I was thinking, I shook my head. No. That's not the way I should think of my best friend. I looked at him again, looking at his broad shoulders and imagined what it would feel to be in his arms as he kissed me. My vision went out of focus, as my daydream felt real.

I heard my name being called from a distance, but my head was not there. I could feel Lindo's hands on my waist and his lips moving in perfect sync with mine. Lindo appeared in my view, clicking his fingers in front of my face. I was literally snapped out of my reverie. I looked down when I realized that I couldn't hear Lindo calling for me, while I was having inappropriate thoughts about him. I took the phone as he handed it to me and cleared my throat.

"Yes mom", I said. Lindo was standing in between my legs and his hands were on my thighs. He looked up at me with a smile on his face. I smiled back, but couldn't shake off the zoo that I felt in my stomach.

"Baby, I have to go. I have to design dresses for Connie Ferguson and her daughters", she said excitedly. I was truly happy for her. She was living her dream and she was very talented; even if I do say so myself about my mom.

"Oh. That's wonderful mom. It was nice talking to you. Say hi to dad for me", I said.

"Same here, baby. I will and I love you", she said.

"I love you too", I said and disconnected the call. I placed the phone on the counter.

"Your mom is funny", Lindo said. I looked at him and he smiled.

"I don't know about that", I said. Lindo ran his hands up and down my thighs and I felt tingles. I looked at his hands. He stopped moving them.

"Ndo, why don't you look at me anymore?" he asked, sounding a bit hurt. I cleared my throat and shifted on the counter. "Thando, please look at me", he said. I was scared of looking at him now, when I remembered my little reverie from earlier. He lifted my chin with his index finger. I looked into his eyes and I felt like I was floating. "Why don't you look at me anymore?" he asked.

"I am looking at you", I replied.

"Only because I had to lift your face up", he said, as a matter of fact. I looked down again. "See what I mean?" he asked. I raised my head bravely and looked into his eyes.

"I'm looking at you, Ndo", I said stubbornly. He eyes roamed my face and then they landed on my lips. My breath hitched and I bit my bottom lip nervously.
"I want to kiss you", he whispered. "May I kiss you?" he asked his voice barely above a whisper. He moved closer to me and I could smell his body spray. My breathing quickened as he placed a kiss on my neck. My hands started moving on their own accord, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "May I kiss you?" he murmured against my jaw. I shivered.

"Hmm", I said.

"What's that, Ndo?" he asked.

"Yes", I said breathlessly. He then crashed his lips on mine. He pulled me closer to him and I thought I would go crazy. The kiss was so sweet and tender; like Lindo was scared I would disappear. After what felt like forever, Lindo pulled away. My eyes were still closed and I didn't want to open them, or else I would see regret in Lindo's eyes and I didn't want to see that. I felt him gently bite my lower lip. I inhaled sharply and my eyes shot open, and he chuckled and stepped back...

"Uhm... Thando..." he said. I quickly jumped off the counter.

"Yes, Lindo", I said looking anywhere but his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I chuckled nervously.

"Yeah! Yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" I said. "I'm gonna watch some TV", I said.

"And I'm going to take a much needed shower. See you in a few", he said and kissed my forehead. He walked away and left me in a daze. Lindo was officially my first kiss; and that was the best way to start this kissing game. I might have lost my bearings for a moment there.

While I was trying to recollect my thoughts, I heard the water running in the shower. I suddenly felt like releasing my frustrations, so I moved the couch, coffee table and bean bags to make room for dancing. I put in a random hip hop track and increased the volume so I couldn't hear the water in the shower. The first song ended and then the next one played.
I danced like my life depended on it and once that song was done, I heard clapping. I froze because, I had forgotten that Lindo was in the house. If you haven't noticed, I seem to lose myself every time I dance.

"You are very talented, Ndo", he said. I laughed humourlessly, as I wiped my sweaty forehead.

"Thank you. Let me take a shower; I feel sticky", I said. I looked at Lindo and saw that he was dressed in the same clothes as yesterday. "After my shower, we're going to your commune to get you a fresh change of clothes".

"Fine by me", he said. I nodded and went to pick out a new outfit since I had ruined my white top with my sweat. Once I had everything, I went into the bathroom and took my shower.

Once that was done, Lindo and I went to his commune. Upon our arrival, S'pha and Alex were sitting outside. Lindo went into the room to go change his clothes, while I sat with S'pha and Alex.

"Have you met Lindo's girlfriend?" Alex asked out of the blue. I choked on air. Lindo has a girlfriend? And why didn't I hear of this earlier? And why would he kiss me if he has a girlfriend?

"Uhm... We haven't gotten around to that", I said quietly. I don't know why, but I felt hurt. I mean, it was kind of stupid of me to kiss him and to think that he doesn't have a girlfriend. This is Johannesburg for crying out loud. Girls around here are gorgeous. Plus, Lindo is also gorgeous; of course he has a girlfriend. Maybe he was just missing his girlfriend; that's why he kissed me. Yeah; that's it, I concluded mentally.

"She is smokey hot, I tell you", Alex continued.

"I can imagine", I mumbled. "Guys, I have to go. I need to go to campus. Tell Lindo I'll see him later" I said.

"You're leaving so soon?" S'pha asked incredulously. I nodded. I blew them kisses, grabbed my keys and left. As I shut the door of my car, Lindo left the bedroom and saw me start the car. He got ready to run to me, but I raised my hand signalling for him to stop. He froze mid-step looking confused and I smiled and waved. I drove away without a second glance in his direction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 8.5K 38
[COMPLETE] Tine was not into dudes. Seriously, he wasn't. But looking at Sarawat on that dimly stage, the yellow back lights softening his features w...
12.8K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
611 47 14
In the bustling city of Jaipur, Ekansh Rathore, the head boy of his school, is admired by everyone for his captivating blend of charisma and kindness...
Zulu By Knowledge

Non-Fiction

262 60 14
This story focuses on a young South African boy called Zulu, who had a strong belief in his culture and wanted to be the best young player in soccer...