Kryptonite ;One Direction;

By willingtofall

When Christina Greenwell reconnects with childhood best friend Niall Horan, she didn't expect 4 boys to be wi... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Pilot
Chapter Two: Fabulous Six
Chapter Three: New Student Fever
Chapter Four: Settling In
Chapter Five: Unleashing The Fan Girls
Chapter Six: Formally Yours
Chapter Seven: The Morning After
Chapter Eight: Tricking Rather Than Treating
Chapter Nine: Fear Stricken
Chapter Ten: As Dawn Rises
Chapter Eleven: Awaken My Heart
Chapter Twelve: Dilemmas
Chapter Thirteen: Now What?
Chapter Fourteen: Gossip Fever
Chapter Fifteen: Attraction 101
Chapter Sixteen: Getting Down and Dirty
Chapter Seventeen: Working The Crowd
Chapter Eighteen: All The Girls
Chapter Nineteen: The First One Is The Worst One
Chapter Twenty: One-On-One
Chapter Twenty-Two: Working The Public
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dance Like We're On Fire
Chapter Twenty Four: Recognizable
Chapter Twenty-Five: Chances Worth Taking
Chapter Twenty-Six: Permission Needed
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Liar's Game
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Three's a Crowd
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Healing The Sick
Chapter Thirty: Not Like The Others
Chapter Thirty-One: Pleasing To The Eye
Chapter Thirty-Two: Breathless
Chapter Thirty-Three: Two Is Better Than One
Chapter Thirty-Four: I Want To Go Home
Chapter Thirty-Five; Party Of Five, Not Six
Chapter Thirty-Six: I Can't Wait Another Day
Chapter Thirty-Seven: My Reasons
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time-Bomb
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time Lapse
Chapter Forty: A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings
Chapter Forty- Two: Doppleganger
Chapter Forty-Three: Sick Little Games
Chapter Forty- Four: Complications
Chapter Forty- Five: Ringing In Hell
Chapter Forty-Six: There Are Worst Things I Could Do
Chapter Forty-Seven: His Girl Friday
Chapter Forty-Eight: Big Fat Liar
Chapter Forty-Nine: Gotta Be You
Chapter Fifty: Touch Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Double Standards
Chapter Fifty-Two: All The Wrong Answers
Chapter Fifty- Three: Redemption
Chapter Fifty- Four: Hell Week
Chapter Fifty- Five: Cold Feet
Chapter Fifty- Six: Curtain Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Kryptonite

Chapter Twenty-One: Serenade Me

106K 737 222
By willingtofall

“Zayn! Let me down!” I pounded on his back, my legs scissor kicking wildly in the air. “This isn’t funny!”

“It’s pretty hilarious actually,” Liam smirked at me. I shot him a glare causing him to laugh even louder.

“When I get down, you’re all screwed,” I said pointedly before looking at Niall, who was supposed to be the best friend here and help me out of Zayn's arms. The blonde boy just smiled as he blew me a kiss. Zayn had taken it upon himself to carry me to musical class. It was Thursday and the award ceremony was tomorrow. Harry got back tonight but I didn’t know if it was going to be late, the boys said anywhere from midnight to 4 in the morning. We walked into musical before Zayn set me on my feet. I pushed his chest and scowled at him. Zayn just laughed and pulled me into a tight hug.

“You love me, babe,” Zayn said into my ear. I just sighed and nodded. I did, no matter what the boys did to me, I loved them nonetheless. Zayn let me go before he took a seat in the guys section. I found Abi and sat next to her.

“Are you excited for Harry coming back?” Abigail smiled as she put her stuff under her chair. The boys thought it was a good idea that I didn’t tell anyone that Harry and I were just pretending. I nodded and sent her a smile, hoping that was enough to convince her. I hated lying to them, but I promised the boys I’d help them.

“How are you and Niall?” I casually switched the subject.

“What do you mean?” Her cheeks turned as red as her hair.

“Have you guys kissed?”

“No!” She said quickly before sighing. “I hardly ever see him... and I don’t have his number so we hardly talk unless it’s in the hallway for a quick moment.” Abi had spent her lunches in the art room working on her end of the semester project.

“I can give him your number if you’d like,” I hooked my arm with hers and leaned my head against her shoulder. 

“Don’t make it obvious!” She smiled as I moved my head to look at her. The tardy bell rang as Mrs. Coats walked in and smiled. We were auditioning for Seussical and on Monday we’d audition for Grease. The results would be posted next Wednesday. Mrs. Coats called out the first few names on her sign up sheet. Liam was one of the names called. I clapped as he got into line and smiled. Auditions were fairly short, you’d sing part of the song while the directors took notes. 

“Hello, my name is Liam Payne and I’ll be auditioning for the role of the Cat.” Liam gave a heart breaking smile and girls around me whispered joyfully. “The song I will be singing is How Lucky You are.” Liam breathed before his beautiful voice filled the air.

“When the news is all bad,

When you’re sour and blue,” Liam pouted while he sung, girls giggled quietly.

“When you start to get mad, you should do what I do!

Tell yourself,

How lucky you are,” He winked before comically spinning in a circle slowly. He did jazz hands and I could see the directors looking at each other and nodding.

“When your life’s going wrong,

When the fates are unkind,

When you’re limping along and get kicked,” Liam kicked the air. I found that I had a huge smile on my face- this boy knew how to act.

“From behind! Tell yourself,

How lucky you are!” Liam stopped singing and smiled before walking back to his seat. The class clapped, just a bit louder then we had been for everyone else. Liam did a wonderful job!

Person after person went up and tried out for a role. Sarah tried out for Jojo and she did a fantastic job! Zach took a crack at Horton and made everyone laugh; in the good way. My name was called and I got in line. I felt my nerves build up as girls tried out for Gertrude. I wasn’t half as good as them and my energy was running low. I looked up in the risers to see Niall give me a thumbs up. Zayn spotted me looking at them and held his hands up in a heart shape. I smiled before it was my turn to go up there.

“Hi, I’m Christina Greenwell and I’ll be auditioning for the part of Gertrude,” I said nervously. “I will be singing Notice Me, Horton,” I smiled before taking a calming breath.

“My eyes are too small,

I have very large feet...

And I’m not very proud of my pitiful tweet,” I squawked and covered my mouth. The audience laughed and I felt my confidence build as the song progressed.

"Oh, notice me, Horton, feather by feather. 

This is your next-door neighbor calling!

Notice me, Horton. 

Horton, together, we could be great 

Oh, notice me, Horton 

Put down the clover! 

This is your next door neighbor calling. 

There's a new leaf 

Your neighbor's turned over.” I stopped singing and smiled before walking quickly back to my set, my face bright red. Everyone clapped as Abigail patted my knee. I smiled and looked down at my hands. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I checked it quickly- making sure the teacher didn’t see.

Zayn: You did wonderful babe!!!!! 

Niall: I have the coolest best friend ever! You did magnificent xxx

Liam: Harry would be proud! I’m proud :)! I hope we do Seussical because you’d make a great Gertrude! Just next time sing, Notice Me, Harry!

I rolled my eyes but had a huge smile on my face. I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at where my boys were sitting. I loved them to pieces. 

~

“Christina! Will you come in here?” My mother shouted. I sighed before closing my book. I hopped off my bed and trotted down the hallway.

“Yes?” I called as I rounded the corner.

“Get some shoes on.” My mother said as she came into my line of sight.

“Why?”

“We need to leave- now.” Louis said seriously. I didn’t question why he was here as I slipped on my vans. I didn’t even ask if I had time to change out of my loose v-neck and nike shorts. My hair was up in a messy bun and I had my glasses on.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s... Harry...” Niall looked up from the ground, biting his lip.

“The plane...” Zayn rubbed his face with his hand.

I looked at the boys who were crowded at my front step. They all looked dejected and my heart lurched. Louis looked like he was on the verge of tears. What happened? I looked at my mom and she just nodded, signaling that I could go, as I ran out the door.

Liam was close behind me as we ran down the steps and out to the parking spots. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a familar red car parked. I looked behind me at the boys who finally caught up to me. “What the hell is going on? What happened to Harry?” My voice got a bit higher with each word. The boys looked at each other before looking back at me.

“There was a time,” Liam sang as Zayn, Niall, and Louis sang soft “Oohs”. I felt my eyebrows pull down in confusion. 

“I was everything but nothing all in one.

When you found me, I was feeling like a cloud across the sun.”

“Across the sun,” Zayn sang as his eyes met mine. 

And I need to tell you,” A voice made my bones chill. The voice came from behind me. I spun around to see a curly haired boy with a bundle of roses. He smiled as he walked towards me, still singing. My jaw dropped open as my eyes went wide. What the hell?

“How you light up every second of the day,” Harry put the roses in my hands as he grabbed my free hand.

“Every day,” Zayn echoed. I turned my head to see all the boys smiling at us.

“But in the moonlight,” Harry’s voice made me look at him again. He smiled as he got closer to me, lifting our hands and pressing them against his heart. “You shine just like a beacon on the bay.”

“And I can’t explain,” My heart rate increased and I could feel goosebumps rise on my arms. All the boys were now singing in perfect harmony. I could feel tears threatening to spill over, but none did. I smiled widely as the other boys moved to my field of vision. Harry was in front while the others where in the background.

“But there’s something about the way you look tonight.

Takes my breath away,

It’s the feeling I get about you deep inside.

And I can’t describe, but its something about the way you look tonight,”

“Yeaaa,” Harry’s voice was most dominate to my ears. My blue eyes couldn’t seem to look away from his beautiful orbs.

“Girl you take my breath away,” The all sang. They all stopped and Harry opened his mouth, his eyes twinkling with the reflection of the night stars.

“The way you look... tonight,” His voice slowly trailed off before I launched my arms around his neck. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. ‘Don’t cry Chris, don’t cry,’ I chanted over and over. I suddenly felt extra arms wrap around me. The rest had made it a group hug and I smiled. I pulled away and was speechless. Louis was the first to laugh, causing Harry to laugh. Niall, Zayn, and Liam followed with their beautiful laughs. My cheeks began to hurt I was smiling so wide.

“You guys sure know how to woo a lady,” I finally said. The boys made me feel like I was the most beautiful girl on the face of the planet, even though I knew I wasn’t. “How was Europe? Whose idea was this? And whose idea was it to scare me like that?” I fired off questions. Niall smiled sheepishly before I smacked him. “That was not funny!” I paused as he gave me puppy eyes. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. Niall laughed in my ear as he hugged back. He released me and I quickly grabbed Zayn who was next to him. Zayn lifted me off the ground only a few inches before setting me back on the ground. Liam was next, and he gave me a big brotherly hug. Louis hugged me and kissed my cheek before letting go. I turned to Harry who just smiled and took his hands out of pocket.

God, I missed his smile. I missed his curly hair. I missed his dimples. I missed his eyes. I missed his voice, laugh, and his touch.

“England was good,” Harry smiled as he slowly took a step towards me.

“Come on guys, let them have their moment.” Louis stage-whispered as they walked back up the stairs to my apartment. I know I should be worried about what they were going to talk about with my mother but I just kept my eyes on Harry. Harry smiled and waited for the guys to leave before taking another step towards me.

“Did you miss me?” He looked down at me, and I tilted my head up to look at him.

“Perhaps,” I smiled. “Did you miss me?” Harry made a face before shrugging. I shot him a glare to which he just smiled and let out that laugh I missed.

“I got you something.”

“You didn’t need to.”

“I wanted to,” he reassured me. 

“What is it?” I let my curiosity peak through. Harry smiled before he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

“You’ll see tomorrow.” Harry looked at the roses I was still holding and somehow managed to not crush them when I gave the boys hugs. “I hope you like roses. I know you are not like every other girl so I didn’t know what flowers you like. It seems like every girl loves red roses so I kinda just guessed and...” He slowed down and smiled at me.

“They’re lovely Harry,” I smelled them before looking back at him. “How was Elizabeth?” As the words flew out of my mouth, I wanted to take them back. Our little moment was ruined because of me mentioning her. Was I jealous? Why did I suddenly not want to know about her? Or even mention her name anymore?

“She was good. The whole distance thing has kinda strained our relationship, but we’re still good. We spent almost every moment together. We went to London and stayed at my flat for two days, then we went to Cheshire. We went on dates... It was nice overall.” He said.

“But?” I said quietly.

“But it just... didn’t feel the same.”

“So, what are you going to do?” I asked curiously. 

“I’m going to see how it goes. In a month, she’s going to visit the Americas and you can meet her.” Harry smiled before looking at his shoes. “I want to talk to her face to face about our relationship. Whenever I tried to this past week, we’d always get interrupted somehow.” Harry sighed before looking back at me. “How was your week?”

“It was slow. We had Seussical auditions in musical,” I ignored how my stomach fluttered when he took another step closer. I could smell his minty breath and I wanted to reach up on my tiptoes and kiss him senseless. Wait, whoa. What did I just think?

“Liam told me you did a great job. Sorry I missed it,” Harry said sincerely. 

“It’s alright. You singing to me made up for it,” I said like a fangirl. I smiled up at him, his own gorgeous smile reflected back. “Are you excited for your audition on Monday? You’re going to get the part if we do Grease.”

“Maybe you can be my Sandy. My little virg-”

“You are obsessed about me being a virgin.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’ll be obsessed with me when I take your virginity,” Harry smirked.

“Excuse me?” My mouth dropped open. “You will not be taking my virginity!” I smacked his chest and I could feel his muscles tense.

“Whatever,” Harry grabbed my waist and pulled me close. Our hips were touching and I felt my cheeks hit up.

“Harry, stop!”

“Whats that?” Harry leaned close. “Harder? Oh, Harry! Harry!” He moaned. I laughed and tried to push him off but it was no use. Harry spun us around and had me pinned against his car. My eyes widened as I felt my back hit the door. “Oh, Chrissy,” he moaned and smiled like a moron.

“You are such a dork, Haz.”

“You know you love me.”

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes and mocked him. “I wonder what the boys are doing...” I spoke my thoughts as Harry loomed over me.

“Probably hitting on your mom.”

“Gross! She’s like twice your age!”

“So?” Harry grinned as I rolled my eyes.

“I forgot that you are like a reverse pedophile.”

“Woah! I am not!” Harry’s jaw dropped at my comment. I just started laughing loudly at the expression he was giving me. “Shut up!”

“Make me!” I taunted. My own eyes widened when his face lowered, his lips coming awfully close to me.

“HEY! Horny teenagers! Dinner!” Louis’ voice broke us apart. Louis was walking down the stairs and Harry quickly let go of me. He backed up and gave me room. Louis just smirked at us.

“Thanks,” I mumbled before I raced up the stairs, leaving Harry and Louis to follow behind slowly. I went inside to see the rest of the boys waiting patiently and talking to my mother at the dining table. I walked into the kitchen and put the roses in a vase. My hand lifted to my cheek. My cheeks felt like they were on fire.

I wonder how it would feel to kiss Harry Styles...

-----------

Guys. I get on my computer today. Over 40 comments. I've NEVER had this many people comment on one of my stories (I used to write on Quizilla). I honestly had tears in my eyes. You guys made it the best birthday ever so I decided to treat you to a chapter <3 Thank you all SOSOOSOS MUCH! I love you guys. With all my heart.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 203 38
I'm dangerously inlove with my bestfriend bummer is, he doesn't feel the same. ...
21.2K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
3K 81 32
Worlds upside down. Hearts breaking and hurting more than the people around them understand. They dream of the day that they will be healed. The day...
3K 61 30
Thalia bears the weight of the world on her back. She has no family, no friends, and nothing to live for. When she's stuck in an elevator with Harry...