S-s-stutter [Zarry]

Od zayninterlude

Warning: contains sexual abuse and bullying A story in which Harry has a stutter and doesn't like to be touch... Viac

ssshhhh
symphony of syllables
dabs of white
keepsakes
nightlight
snow and sensitivity
the boy who
2:00 AM plans
starry eyed
out of reach
nothing else
fuzzy
how you know
sticky curls and sappy words
shattered screens
sleeping in
flickering flames
cookies are everything
a thousand times over
forest fire
warmth
strange ways
giggles and 80s music
important
to be someone's forever

dust in the wind

2.9K 238 239
Od zayninterlude

+Harry

"Hey, I didn't know you had a boyfriend. Why didn't you ask off for your date?"

I shrug and continue sorting through the vinyls, making sure they're in alphabetical order.

"What's up with you today?"

"Nothing," I mutter.

Fuck off please and thank you.

"Okay grumps, I'm out of here. Make sure to send me-"

"I've got it," I say through gritted teeth.

Okay, so it isn't his fault I haven't talked to Zayn in two days. Well, I tried but he didn't pick up his phone. I thought the date was magical...maybe we're just moving too fast.

Or I really am some sad charity case and he's laughing his ass off for ever taking things this far.

That's absurd. He obviously likes me.

Which makes me even more confused. I shake away the cobwebs in my brain and the bell dings.

Firery red hair and arms marked with colored tattoos.

"Hi," I smile. "Looking for anything in particular or-"

"You must be Harry."

Usually I'd be creeped out but he has such a chill vibe, grins at me and offers his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Ed, Zayn's best mate. You know it's pretty damn annoying listening to him ramble on about you."

I blush furiously and he chuckles.

"However, I must admit you're very cute in person."

"T-thanks," I clear my throat.

"So you can sing?"

That catches me off guard.

Dammit Zayn.

"Uh a little yeah...not well or anything. I just sing around the house. When I'm cleaning or in the shower."

In the shower? How lame Harry.

"You're funny," he laughs heartily, a genuine smile reaching the corner of his eyes. "I own a pub. Book gigs for live performances. I sing a bit myself. Wanna give it a try next Saturday? 10:00 PM sharp."

"I really appreciate the offer but um...pubs aren't really my thing."

"There's no point in being nervous about it. If you want to crash at my place later you can. Here," he jots down his number and I punch it in my phone. "I'll text you the address. Or Zayn can take you if you're more comfortable with that."

"We haven't really talked much recently."

"Oh," his face falters. "That's odd. He hasn't tried to reach me either but he was going to come over tonight, I'm sure he'd love for you to join. Maybe he's just busy."

"I guess," I sigh.

"Hey, don't take it personally. Sometimes he just needs space. He's like that, you know? He could be planning something romantic for ya."

I laugh and he smiles at me encouragingly.

"He talks my ear off about you. I mean he is in love."

"You really think so?"

"I know so. Just think about this. I have a guitar at my place. We can just have a jam session, a few beers. Kick back."

"That sounds nice Ed. Thank you."

"No problem kiddo."

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello?"

"Babe," I feel him smile through the line. "Don't be mad. I broke my phone."

"You broke your phone?"

I laugh at the simplicity.

"I didn't want to just show up at your place and freak you out. I'm stupid. I should have stopped by the music store but-"

"It's fine Zayn. Ed invited me over. Are you still going?"

"Yeah, shit. I need to give him a ring. I'll pick you up. Actually, do you get a lunch break?"

"No. Probably because there's never a soul around."

"Bollocks if you work ten hours you're legally entitled to a lunch break."

I laugh and he says "Harry, I'm serious."

"Tell Ed to order some decent food then."

"Okay babe. How about Japanese? He really likes sushi and I'm craving some chicken teriyaki."

"Sounds amazing. Why'd you go behind my back? You know I'm shy."

"Because you're really good and I'm not just saying that. Fuck your boss by the way. Change the sign to closed and get some damn food."

"Next time I will. He showed up earlier."

"Hmm, that seems a bit odd. Was he touchy?"

"No. I think he was looking for something. He didn't stay long."

"Hey, call me if you ever need anything."

"Now that you have a new phone," I tease.

"Oi, be quiet. I'll see you later love."

"Bye Zayn."

...

Ed pops open his third beer and strums on his guitar.

Alcohol doesn't phase him and his voice is perfect. No slurred syllables or missed chords.

My head is in Zayn's lap, his fingers brushing through my tangled curls.

He sips on something in a solo cup, his warm breath fanning across my neck.

It smells like vodka and cherries.

There's a knock at the door and the takeout is delivered.

Steaming hot egg fried rice and teriyaki chicken.

I sit up and share a takeout box with Zayn who boasts about using chopsticks.

"What type of music do you like?"

"It varies. Indie and British rock mostly. Basically I just feel a song. It doesn't have to belong to a particular genre."

He hums in agreement and pops a California roll in his mouth.

"I understand that. As a songwriter I respect that. Would you humour me and sing?"

"Don't push him Ed."

"No, it's okay. Guitar please."

I scoot away from Zayn and position the guitar. Just inhale. They're not going to judge.

They're not even in the room. It's just you feeling the music, pouring your heart out. Passion. That's what truly matters.

I close my eyes, only for a moment
And the moment's gone

Ed spits, spewing beer all over the carpet and Zayn chuckles.

"Told ya," he grins proudly.

"Keep singing," Ed prompts. "Bless my ears with your raspy vibrato."

I smile into the next line, the rhythm and the lyrics coursing through me.

All my dreams pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind

But then Zayn tackles me, throwing his arms around me and Ed is laughing his arse off, eyes watery.

"Smash my guitar and you're dead."

"You're bloody amazing. You know that, right?"

He kisses my cheek, my jaw, my neck...definitely vodka. Wet, sloppy kisses that have me reeling.

His eyes are glossy and my heart is pounding in my chest.

"Jesus," Ed says exasperated. "No sex on my floor."

"Fine," Zayn smirks. "We'll take it back to my place."

"How romantic. Did you tell him how you ruined your phone?"

"Shut up," they roar with laughter.

"How Zayn?" He shakes his head so Ed takes it upon himself.

"He bloody dropped it in the toilet."

"Oh fuck you carrot top. Let's go babe."

"Hey wait."

I hug Ed tightly and he sighs, wrapping his arms around me.

"This was fun. Thank you. I'll see you Saturday."

And he sends me a wink on the way out.

A/N: Harry met Ed sjwkdisnd

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

127K 5.7K 27
Once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy. Yes, that's what Zayn Malik is. A well known bisexual fuckboy. He's the University crush: every girl loves him, eve...
210K 10.4K 160
Harry doesn't know if he can trust anyone anymore after being broken by many men in his life, including his own father. But what happens when he cat...
482 62 8
Kidnapping happens...lmao Story descriptions are just soooo haaaard! It's a Zarry AU. I hope you enjoy. All fiction. • Zarry AU • College/ Univer...
143K 5.9K 41
He's got him in the palm of his hand. Closed in his fist, smashing all that he's worked for. His family, his job, his success and especially pride, a...