starry eyed

+Harry

Glancing in the mirror and smiling is not a common thing for me.

But my reflection is staring back at me, dimples showing, lips tugged upward.

I tear apart my closet looking for something to wear. It isn't that I lack options, it's just that Zayn sees me in skinny jeans and t-shirts every Thursday. Maybe I should switch it up.

Jeans are a staple though. How can I not wear jeans? I shimmy into some, twirl around once to check myself out in the mirror.

Not bad.

I slip into a gold silk top, adjust the collar just a bit and throw my hair into a messy bun.

Cinnamon rolls.

As if. They're cinnamon buns.

Does it look like I'm trying too hard? My hair is up. How could I possibly be trying too hard?

A pair of black boots and I'm ready. I spritz on a tad of cologne and apply coconut flavored chapstick.

What if he hastes the taste of coconuts? I quickly wipe it off before settling on some mint lip scrub.

Who doesn't like mint? Watch it be Zayn. I'll jinx myself.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm on my way. I just-"

"Um Harry...is it okay if the venue has changed?"

"Well we agreed on your place but I guess it doesn't matter."

"Whoops. I mean from inside to outside. I'm stupid."

He laughs nervously. How can he be nervous? He's Zayn Malik.

"Of course."

"Just come to my place," he chuckles. "We're going on a ride though."

"I knew it," I joke. "You're taking me somewhere secluded so you can kill me. You need a good place to hide the evidence."

"Guilty, need a good place to dispose of your body."

My hands are on the steering wheel, tapping along to the radio. Windows rolled down, cool breeze blowing.

A smile still on my face.

"I'll see you soon Zayn."

"Okay," he says quietly. "I tried really hard."

I frown, my fingers stilling.

"You didn't have to you know. I just enjoy spending time with you. You...you mean a lot to me Zayn."

Silence for a couple of seconds before he says "yeah I know but you're special to me too. I want this to be perfect."

"Nothing is perfect Zayn."

Whispered softly into the line but my heart catches it, "I think you are."

I haven't even gotten there and my heart has already stopped beating once.

...

"Wow," he breathes out. "You're so beautiful."

Warmth fanning across my cheeks. Nothing new with Zayn.

"Everything is in my car. Are you ready?"

I nod, unable to come up with a coherent response.

Seeing him in a leather jacket does things to me and there's a strand of hair over his face that I don't bother to fix. He looks like he's straight out of a magazine shoot.