important

+Harry

"Congratulations Curly!"

He cheers excitedly and pats my back. Of course he already has a beer in hand, faint smile on his face.

"Thank you," I blush.

There's a knock on the door and Zayn rushes to answer, absolutely beaming. He's literally glowing, eyes sparkling as he glances down at the ring on his finger.

"Heard a certain someone got engaged. Mind if I come in?"

"Um..." Zayn sends me a look and I wave him in. "Not at all."

"Josh," he embraces me, pulling away with a smile. "Thank you for always helping me out and for genuinely caring about my well-being...also for the three raises you've given me."

"Not a problem," he chuckles. "I'm so happy for you two. Are you excited?"

"I'm a bit nervous," I admit, cheeks flushing. "Weddings seem so intense."

"You're gonna love the honeymoon sweetheart."

It's Zayn chiming in, arms wrapping around me.

"Relax, yeah? It's a time of joy and unification. Who cares if we miss a step as we dance or smear cake on our suits? All that matters is that we honor our vows and that we cherish each other forever."

"So sappy," Ed teases. "I've been shipping Zarry since the beginning, just fyi."

"Zarry," Zayn laughs, shaking his head lightly. "You're too much."

There's a light tap at the door again and I groan, reality smacking me in the face as I open it.

"Mum?"

"Baby," her eyes are watery, mascara runny. Her arms envelope me, a whiff of her floral scent perfume making me dizzy. "I know I don't call you enough...I was just upset that you left home so soon. I didn't know how much the two of you care about each other."

She sniffles and I smile encouragingly, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I haven't been the best son either and I'm sorry for that. I love you so much. You're my role model. I look up to you. You've been here for me through my darkest times."

"My sweet boy," she sighs, clutching onto me. "I know I wasn't always so accepting of your sexuality, especially after what happened. It's hard as a parent, knowing your child will be persecuted for who they are and what they believe in but this," she pulls away, lips tugging upward as she glances over at Zayn. "This is love."

"Anne," Zayn smiles. "You're such a wonderful woman. I hope you know that you made Harry the person he is today; strong, driven and passionate. Don't ever sell yourself short."

"You my dear," he walks over, cupping his cheeks. "Are such a blessing. Without you I don't know-"

Her voice is breaking and so am I. We all know, the room growing quiet, Ed looking at us, listening intently. Josh appears to be slightly uncomfortable and trots off down the hallway towards the restroom.

Where I'd be.

A shiver runs down my spine but the ginger fireball is shooting up, announcing that there's food in the kitchen.

I'm thankful for him and his energetic personality. He always sees the bright side of things; knows exactly how to smoothly transition to a different subject.

"I made lasagna," Zayn scratches the back of his neck. "I hope that's alright. This isn't much of an engagement party but it's enough for me."

"Well," Ed bends forward, grin on his face. "I bought you wedding gifts."

"That's really thoughtful," I blush. "I appreciate that."

My mum breaks the silence, dabbing at the corner of her mouth with a napkin.

"This is delicious honey. Is the sauce homemade?"

"Yeah," he flashes a smile. "I really enjoy cooking. Harry and I bake all the time."

"That's lovely."

"I've decided something," Josh walks in, hands placed firmly on his hips, lips pursed.

"What would that be?"

"Well it's time for me to start a new chapter in life, turn a new page. I'd like to travel a bit, maybe settle down and find someone. That means I have to sell the music store. I'm saying this with a heavy heart."

"Wow okay," I exhale, fingers running through my hair. "I'm sorry about that."

"You're absolutely amazing Harry. I couldn't have asked for a better employee or better mate. You've been such a good friend and I couldn't be happier for you. I hope your life filled with love and adventure."

"Harry," my mother turns to me. "Are you not going to have a job now?"

I suddenly feel exhausted. My jaw ceases movement and I drop my fork, rubbing at my temples.

"Well, I have some fantastic news."

Everyone looks at Ed and he winks at Josh.

"I bought out the store and I'm expanding it. I'd like to add a live music longue and a wet bar. I really need someone to manage it for me though. Happen to know anyone?"

Zayn laces our fingers together and I'm grinning like a fool.

"I'm so flattered. Of course I want to do it. That's such a great idea."

My head falls onto Zayn's shoulder and his fingers brush through my curls.

"Everything is so perfect. I'm so lucky to have all of you in my life."

"You're never alone mate," Ed smiles.

When everyone leaves Zayn sweeps me off my feet and carries me to the bedroom, planting kisses all over.

"I feel so loved," I giggle.

"You are. I love you so incredibly much. You're so beautiful."

"Stop," my cheeks redden, body growing warm.

"It's true. I cannot wait to get married and spend the rest of my life with you."

"What did I do to deserve you?"

He kisses the tip of my cheek and I melt, body sinking into the mattress.

"Harry," he says quietly. "What would have happened if your mum wouldn't have practically dragged you to therapy? What if you never would have opened up to me?"

"I probably wouldn't be here," I whisper. "Honestly, I felt so worthless I didn't see the point in living but you-"

I'm choking on my words, throat closing up.

"Always made me feel important."

"Oh Harry," he murmurs, pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth. "My sweet baby."

"Your kitten," I beam up at him.

"That's right."

His mouth works along my jaw and my eyelids flutter closed.

"Feels so good," I mumble.

"I'll always make you feel good," he whispers huskily, breath warm beneath my earlobe.

A/N: YES ZADDY