a thousand times over

Zayn

"Are they warm enough?"

"They're golden brown perfection," he grins widely. "Thank you."

He shivers and I wrap the blanket around him.

"Always cold kitten. Let's get out of this house for a bit...we should go ice skating."

His eyes glisten and he perks up, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"That sounds fun."

"It's settled," I say excitedly. "Get dressed babe."

He tugs on a baby pink hoodie and some dark wash skinny jeans. Short tan Chelsea boots and a black long line coat.

"How do I look?"

A little twirl and a dimpled smile and I can't help myself from scattering kisses all over his face.

"You always look handsome."

That's how we wind up fingers entwined on a thick sheet of ice, my lankly legs unsteady.

Harry picks up speed much to his demise, pulling me down with him as his bum hits the ice.

"Ow," he chuckles lightly. "That'll leave a bruise."

"Oh," I frown. "Is your ass sore?"

I try to bite back my smile as he pouts and I pull him onto his feet.

He latches onto the crook of my arm as we skirt around the rink again.

"Let's rest a bit, yeah?"

Harry nods his head and we stop at the wall and manage to make it to a bench.

"What do you want to do later babe?"

He shrugs, head falling onto my shoulder.

"Board games?"

It's a stupid suggestion but he lifts his head slowly.

"Okay, sounds fun."

Harry is the silliest person I've ever met, proving it after making me laugh so hard I cry playing Apples to Apples. Headbandz is equally as hilarious, my sides hurting as my body shakes with laughter.

"Have you ever had chicken gnocchi soup?"

"No," he giggles, stomach rumbling. "Sounds delicious though."

"Alright," I smile. "Come help me in the kitchen."

He wraps his arms around my waist. "What do you need babe?"

"Do you mind chopping some celery and carrots while I find the spinach?"

"Not at all."

He skips around the kitchen proudly, knife dicing like a pro.

I chuckle as I prepare the broth and give it a taste.

"Needs something."

"Salt and lots of pepper," he teases.

"Alright Mr. Critic. I appreciate it."

It turns out delicious, Harry happily scoops more into his mug.

"Who eats soup in a cup? You eat it in a bowl."

"Me. Obviously," he rolls his eyes and I push him playfully.

"I really like spending so much time with you."

"Me too," he sighs, chin rested on his hand. "I'm not bored with you...yet."

"Oh that's rubbish," I scoff. "You'll never grow tired of me."

"You're right," he grins sheepishly. "You are too good to me. Besides, I need you."

I need him too, straddling his lap, hands gripping his hips. My mouth is all over the place, my body slowly rutting against him. He pants into my ear, head falling onto my shoulder as my lips suck lovebites into his neck.

"Zayn," he moans.

"You good kitten?"

"I'm hard," he pouts. "Take care of it for me please."

An adorable pout and I chuckle against his skin before moving off of his lap and lifting him into my arms. My arms carry him surely to the bedroom, his body light as a feather.

"Hi," he gives me a dimpled smile as I set him gently on the bed.

"Hello," I laugh lightly. "Do you know how beautiful you are?"

His cheeks turn a deep shade of crimson.

"I do now. Thank you very much Zayn."

His eyelids flutter closed as my fingers card through his chocolate coils.

"You sleepy babe?"

"Mhmm," he murmurs. "Full and sleepy."

"Getting softer down there too. We can just cuddle if you want."

"Yes please."

I curl up beside him, my arms enveloping him.

"Zayn I love you. I know I don't say it enough but I mean it. I appreciate everything you do for me."

"I love you too. Please never feel guilty about your nightmares. I get them too sometimes."

"Really?"

I nod silently, my heart heavy. "It's always me...that hurts you and it scares me shitless."

"You'd never hurt me. Don't feel bad about it, it isn't real."

Deep down I know he's right but it doesn't settle the sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Why do bad things happen to good people?"

"I dunno babe but it makes us stronger. You didn't deserve anything that happened to you but it made you who you are and I have never met such a resilient and determined person. You inspire me so much."

"Really?"

"Seriously. I wish I had half the strength you have. You're incredible Harry. Always happy, always ready for a new adventure. Even though people have hurt you...you're still so trusting of me and you touch people."

He kisses my jaw, warmth radiating from his body as he presses against me.

Harry makes me feel just as safe. We're both vulnerable; both sensitive.

I can picture us in this position years from now, just as comfortable and just as content.

There's so much more I want to do with Harry before I ask him to be mine but I can see him in my future.

He's the one thing I'm sure of. I have complete certainty that we'll still be here for each other when we're old and gray.

Everything else can fade away, as long as I still have him.

I hear soft snores and pull up the covers, snuggling deeper. His skin smells like brown sugar and vanilla. Warm and sweet and as smooth as velvet.

My lips press to the crook of his neck gently, careful not to stir him.

He looks like an angel with a halo of curls, cheeks cherry red, skin like porcelain.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I whisper. "You're so special to me. I thank God every day for your stutter. That must sound crazy but I would have never met you otherwise. I love you, a thousand times over."

Luckily, he doesn't wake. He stays just like that, legs tangled with mine.

A/N: really short but more dates and fluff coming soon