You Will Always be Mine

By lailamehtaab

"I will not go against my parents for a person who abandoned his morals and humanity for power." Her voice ma... More

Prologue
To Readers
As Promised
Chapter # 1
Chapter# 2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter#5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter #8
Chapter# 9
Chapter #10
Chapter# 11
Chapter# 12
Sorry Readers
Chapter# 13
Chapter # 14
Chapter# 15
Chapter # 16
Chapter # 17
Chapter # 18
Chapter # 19
Author's Note
Chapter # 21
Chapter # 22
Chapter # 23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter # 27
Chapter # 28
Chapter # 29
Chapter # 30
Chapter # 31
Chapter # 32
Chapter # 33
Chapter # 34
Chapter # 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter # 37
Chapter# 38
Chapter# 39
Chapter# 40
Chapter# 41
Chapter# 42
Chapter# 43
Chapter# 44 (The End)
Author Note
Be Mine

Chapter # 20

20.6K 1.2K 62
By lailamehtaab

Dedicated to @Fateema_amma AdibahRafhanah @Nikkiscutey

Ahad glanced at Kanwal's scowling face once again and closed his eyes. She hasn't spoken a single word since they got on the plane and he has a very good idea that she will not be going to speak anytime soon. Well, he couldn't blame her for this as he was the one who forced her to go with him. So what if he had to carry her on his shoulder all the way from house to car and car to plane, as long as he was satisfied to have Kanwal by his side. It was necessary for her to move from Shareefabad or it's what Ahad thinks or perhaps for himself too. Or else he feared he will continuously question himself about what Moosa said that day related to Mahnoor.

But how can closing your eyes from the storm could actually stop the storm and since when had he become such a coward to be running away from something? Questions after questions, there is no place to hide from your own consciousness.

He didn't understand why it bothers him so much that Moosa has made up his mind about Mahnoor. He knew that this day will eventually come, no matter what Moosa said or how firm his resolve was about devoting his life to his work. This type of attraction is irresistible and the emotions are not controllable. Sooner or later he will put aside all his reasons and resolves and reach for Mahnoor. Ahad knew it from the start but now when the time is about to come, he was running away from it.

~*~

"Kanwal, you can go and get fresh." Ahad said, coming out of the bathroom. But as usual, she wouldn't respond to him.

"Kanwal?" As Ahad approached her, she quickly wiped her tears and got up from the bed.

"What's wrong?" Ahad held her arm before she could pass by him.

"Nothing." She said, looking away from him.

"Then why are you crying?"

"None of your concern." She wiggled to free her arm and the next moment she was spin around and came face to face with Ahad.

"Enough, Kanwal. I really have had enough of your stubbornness." His face was inches away from Kanwal's. She shuddered on the tone of his voice, it was low, yet full of rage and without realizing it, fresh tears started dripping from her eyes. His sharp gaze glaring at her and the deep frown on his face was scaring her. From the day of their wedding till now, Ahad had never spoken to her like this, nor held her forcefully. But right now his grip on her arm was painful as well as his behaviour.

"Stop crying." The pressure of his grip increased. Kanwal's strength started to betray her, just like her words. She wanted to tell him that he kept humiliating her before everyone, whether at the house and at the airport and she also has had enough of his riddle type personality, but all she was doing now were freeing her arm from Ahad's hold.

"Fine. If you won't stop crying, then I won't leave you. Stand here and cry as much as you want." He said, holding both of her arms. Kanwal's tears were flowing like a stream and whenever she tried to wipe them, Ahad wouldn't allow her.

Ahad was being unreasonably selfish and mean to her. She has already accepted the fact that he has changed but didn't have the idea that his behaviour could be mental torture to her and she didn't know how far he can go. Now Kanwal was somewhat afraid of Ahad and the worst thing is that she couldn't run anywhere.

~*~

Ahad sat on the bed, holding Kanwal's wrist firmly. She has stopped crying after twenty minutes or so, but as Ahad said, he wouldn't leave her. They were both sitting in complete silence, only the clock ticking sound is the evidence that time hasn't stopped.

Ahad glanced at Kanwal's face which was still red because of crying. He was about to open his mouth to say something when his phone buzzed. On reading the caller ID, he didn't dismiss the call.

"Hello."

"Reached safely?" Came Moosa's voice.

"Yes, how was your meeting?"

"Which meeting?"

"Mahnoor's father." Ahad stole a glance at Kanwal and as expected, her head snapped towards him on hearing Mahnoor's name.

"Oh, that. It went well. The date of Nikah will be decided when I come back from the visit." For a moment, Ahad couldn't believe his ear. He thought Mahnoor's father would never agree to it.

"Wow,... means,... it went unexpectedly well." Ahad wasn't sure what to say.

"Why wouldn't it? He was sitting in my office, in the building I own, among the men who can kill thousands on my single signal." He replied quite calmly.

"Hm."

"Besides, I think he is a wise man and my warning wouldn't go to waste."

"What warning?"

"He is in the hospital now."

"What?" He was barely able to manage his tone.

"Aren't you asking too many questions? I called to inform that Nats wishes to invite you and Kanwal to dinner, so make sure to be at her house on Saturday."

"She could tell me herself." On this, he heard a deeply defeated sigh from Moosa and he ended the call mumbling 'Allah Hafiz'.

Natasha sometimes irritates Moosa by asking him to do her small chores, and no matter how much Moosa hated it, he never says 'no' to her.

"What happened to uncle?" Asked Kanwal as soon as Ahad puts down his phone.

"Nothing."

"You're lying. Look at me and tell me what happened to uncle."

Ahad turned his face to her and repeated again, "Nothing."

"Then why did you mention him? Is Mahnoor alright?"

"Your family, your cousin, your friend, everyone is fine." He said in a bored tone.

"What are you hiding?" Kanwal's fear was subsided by the worry and now she was back to her normal self.

"Why is it that you always worry about others? You even have a soft spot for that person too. What was his name? ... Abdul Rafay..., right? You are concerned about his wellbeing." Kanwal stiffened on hearing Rafay's name. It is true that she was concerned because she feared the outcome if Ahad misunderstood something, but it's nothing more than this.

"See how your face changes colour. You really like him, don't you?" Ahad may look calm and collected, yet his grip on Kanwal's wrist got painfully tight.

"He is respectable because he is a nice guy, nothing more, nothing less... I thought you know me better. It's a pity that you don't trust me, while you always claim to love me. Love's first condition is trust, but if you are unable to trust me, it means you only married me to satisfy your ego, there isn't any love in it." She said all this in one breath and Ahad finds himself staring into Kanwal's eyes until she averted her gaze.

Ahad likes this angry look in her eyes, but it didn't mean that he consciously tried to anger her. It's just that things usually go this way without any intention and he always found himself to have lost in those fiery orbs. He leans to her and gently pressed his lips to her sore wrist.

"It isn't my ego... you are my Janoon (madness), far greater and dangerous than love."

"Janoon only hurts the person and others as well." She hissed as Ahad caressed her wrist.

"Then don't give the reason to hurt."

"You seek for the reason."

"I do not."

"Yes, you do." Kanwal mumbled, turning her face away from him.

"Does it irritate you?"

Kanwal took a deep breath and said, "Would anything change if I say yes?"

"I will try." Ahad said, holding both of her hands. On this, Kanwal stared back at him with a blank face. He could easily see the mockery in her eyes which means he has to lose one or two of his secrets to gain her trust.

"I don't tell you things because I know you won't believe me." Ahad said, sitting properly face to face with Kanwal.

"Moosa asked for Mahnoor's hand from uncle Asif."

~*~

Kanwal stared at Ahad for a minute like he has grown horns on his head.

"Hard to believe? That's why I didn't tell you." Said Ahad, and on the next moment, Kanwal jerked away from his hands.

"That's an awful joke." She said glaring.

"It is not a joke."

"Whatever it is, you shouldn't say such horrible things."

"Horrible? Moosa wants to marry her, not kill her."

"Don't say it. He is not going to hurt her or marry her. Tell him to stay away from her. What does he want from her? Why does he want to marry her? ... No, I don't believe it. You are lying, aren't you? ... I mean Mano... No, it can't happen." She shook her head vigorously.

"Kanwal, Kanwal... calm down, okay." Ahad quickly cupped her face with both hands.

"No, Ahad. He can not... Mano is,... She is my friend." Kanwal couldn't understand herself or what she wants to say. The news Ahad broke was too much for her to swallow.

"I know she is your friend, I care for her too and so does Moosa. So it's fine."

"It's not fine! There's no way... what does Moosa want from her? Why her?" She gripped Ahad's hands so tight that he got startled by her strength for a moment. He didn't know that her emotions for Mahnoor were this strong.

"He loves her. Moosa loves Mahnoor... I know it's hard for you to believe, but Moosa's feelings aren't new and it isn't the teenage fever of love you are imagining, Kanwal. She will be fine, okay?... Listen to me, Moosa likes her for quite long, but never thought to have her for himself, he is afraid of such bonds. That's why he has kept a distance, yet couldn't control himself of being protective of her. Moosa only reached for Mahnoor when he realized that our enemy taking interest in her."

"What does Mahnoor have to do with HIS enemies?" Kanwal stared into Ahad's eyes.

"Moosa's interest in Mahnoor is known to them and that's why she is a soft target who needs protection."

"What kind of protection is this?"

"Protection from people like Kamil."

"Kamil? ... Kamil Bhai?" She frowned on hearing his name. She has met him at Mahnoor's house once.

Ahad nodded and said, "He is taking interest in Mahnoor."

"Mahnoor?... Impossible. He already has a girlfriend and Mano knows it. And why would he be any danger to her?"

"Kamil belongs to people who are our enemy and they will never hesitate to use Kamil in harming Mahnoor. Because our enemy believes that they could anger Moosa by doing so and that he would expose all of his cards in taking revenge if something had happened to Mahnoor."

"Something, like what?"

"They could kill her without hesitation."

"Kill?... but... You wouldn't let this happen, right? Promise me you wouldn't let any harm reach to Mano." Kanwal abruptly held Ahad's hands and wouldn't let go until he promised.

Later on, Ahad kept explaining things to Kanwal of how protected Mahnoor is under their watch. He deliberately avoids mentioning what is about to happen. From the beginning, Ahad was planning to drive Kanwal's mind to the point where she would think that Moosa is a perfect match for Mahnoor and it's necessary for her own safety. But aside from Mahnoor's, it is necessary for the safety of their relationship too.

______________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing fine. Thank you so much for waiting and keep supporting me :)

Hope you like the chapter.
Follow me on Instagram "laila_mehtaab" and Facebook "Mineseries-Lailamehtaab" for news about updates.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 58K 83
"Anee place your hand here" he said using his index finger to point to his chest and I slowly place my hand there feeling his heartbeat in fast motio...
159K 5.1K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
333K 17K 27
☀︎︎𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈☀︎︎ #3 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒎 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒖 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 #12 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 #20 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒌�...
24.9K 1.2K 31
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...