24/7 [h.s.]

By cliffordpunkrock

"Listen to me, princess. I've had enough of your attitude. We're both in hell here. So either suck it up or s... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109

5

234K 7K 25K
By cliffordpunkrock

When I awoke the next morning I showered and then blowed my hair dry before sitting on the bathroom counter as I straightened it.

The sound of Harry's door opening had me looking up to see him walking out of his room and towards the bathroom.

When he noticed me he froze.

He was in a tee shirt and basketball shorts, his hair sticking up on one side.

"What are you doing?" He asked in his morning voice that would make any girl melt at his feet.

No, gross. Emma what are you thinking?!

"I'm doing my hair." I replied.

"I need to shower." He replied, keeping his stare on me in the mirror.

"Well i'm almost done." I moved on to another section of hair.

"Whatever. Just hurry up, princess." He grumbled before walking in the direction of the kitchen.

I quickly finished my hair and then slid off the counter, fixing it how I wanted it.

"Oh my God! Hurry up!" Harry roared from the kitchen and I huffed before going to my room.

I did my makeup and then dressed in a floral print skater dress and slipped a white cardigan on top.

After that I put on some white converse before heading out to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Harry exited the bathroom dressed in an outfit exactly like the one he wore the day before, his hair still wet and made his way to the kitchen as well.

I poured myself a bowl of cereal and then put a few extra spoonfuls of sugar on top.

"Why do you do that?" He asked me suddenly.

"Hmm?" I looked up at him.

"Put sugar on your cereal."

"Oh." I said. "I like sweet cereal. I've always done this."

"The last thing you need is more sugar in your body. You're annoying enough." He scoffed.

"Don't act so innocent, Captain Cranky." I muttered under my breath.

"Captain Cranky? Seriously? That's how you're going to insult me? Damn, Princess. You really are the innocent one."

I rolled my eyes.

Harry grabbed two eggs from the refrigerator and set them on the counter before looking under the cabinets to find a pan.

He scrambled them and then put them on a plate before pouring himself some coffee and taking a seat next to me.

I pulled out my phone and began to scroll through news apps when the screen changed to a FaceTime call from my mom.

I answered quickly.

"Hey mom!" I smiled, Harry glancing at me.

"Hi honey." She grinned. "I'm sorry I had to hang up yesterday but I thought i'd call you before your class. What are you doing?"

"Eating breakfast." I took a bite of cereal.

"Ah." She nodded. "Is Ha....Harvey?"

I decided to help her out.

"Harry?"

"Yes! Is Harry there?"

"Yeah." I moved the phone so she could see him. Harry looked nervous and gave my mom a small and awkward smile.

"Hello Harry! How are you today?" My mom asked him and I wanted to laugh.

"Hello, Mrs. Winston. I'm doing well."

"I hope Emma is not giving you too much trouble."

"Not at all." He replied with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and moved the phone back to my face.

"Mom, stop." I whined.

"Oh hush. So your dad told me about what happened yesterday."

"Mom I don't want to talk about it it's nothing."

"Fine. Fine. Well call me if you want to talk. Have a good day of class."

"Yeah. Bye Mom."

I ended the call and dropped my phone on the counter.

Harry was silent.

I wasn't hungry anymore and went to go pour my cereal down the sink.

"Emma." I heard Harry's quiet voice but ignored him.

"Emma." He repeated and I finally looked up at him.

"What, Harry?"

"I was just going to say that we're going to find out who did it."

"I'm sure you will." I replied before walking back to my room.

I packed up my backpack and then put on a black wide brimmed hat before walking back out.

Harry was washing his dishes so I sat on the sofa and waited for him.

He went back to his room and then came out a few moments later with his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I stood up.

Harry opened the door and I stepped out into the hall, noticing girls ogling us as we did.

"Come on." Harry growled under his breath when he noticed and pushed open the door to the hall.

Like yesterday when we left the dorm girls were practically hanging over the railing waiting for us. 

Harry paid no attention to them and walked beside me as we left the dorm and then as we made our way to the science building.

"Can we stop at starbucks really quick?" I asked when I saw the sign for the coffee shop.

"No." Harry replied rudely and continued walking.

"Ugh, you're intolerable." I groaned.

"Ditto, princess, ditto."

When we arrived at the science building we found my lab room and I took a seat at one of the desks, Harry sitting down next to me.

"If they're going to have me be your 24/7 bodyguard the least they could do is not have me sit through two hours of biology." Harry muttered.

"Its chemistry. I did dual credit Bio in high school and passed and my credits transferred."

"Fuck." He closed his eyes and scrunched up his face like he was in pain. "I hate you,
Princess."

"That's what you get for not getting me Starbucks."

"If karma is a bitch then what are you?" He asked.

"A princess." I smiled smugly.

He rolled his eyes.

Students began to fill into the small lab, sitting at the desks.

I noticed a couple girls from my hall and gave them a smile as I pulled out a notebook and a pen.

I noticed Harry scan everyone as they walked in the room and one guy walked in in a black hoodie with the hood up and Harry suddenly got tense.

"Get up." Harry said.

"What?"

"I said get up." He stood and grabbed my arm before pulling me out of my seat and dragging me out of the class.

"Suspicious guy, black hoodie, dark brown hair, 5'11." Harry spoke into the mic on his headphone.

All of the sudden two secret service agents came running down the hall and into my class.

"Harry what is happening?" I asked him.

"He had a gun or knife under his hoodie." Harry said and my eyes went wide in fear.

All of the sudden the agents walked out of the class with the guy in hand.

"Just a water gun, apparently he was gonna prank his friend." One of the guys stepped up to Harry. "Idiot."

Harry growled.

"Fucking moron. With the presidents daughter in the room." He shook his head.

"You should be good. None of the detectors went off on anyone else."

"Got it." Harry sighed.

The two agents and the guy walked down the hall where I assumed they'd reprimand him while Harry turned back to me.

"We can go in now."

I nodded as he opened the door and led us back in the classroom.

Everyone stared as we sat down.

All I wanted was to get through this one class without anyone looking at me.

This class was longer because it had a lab, so after our instruction time our professor had us get in lab coats and goggles before doing a tiny experiment.

We were supposed to do it on our own at a lab station and Harry sat on the counter of the lab station I chose while I did my work and filled out my lab sheet.

"Do you want to be like a scientist or something?" He asked as he picked up a test tube.

"No, it's just a part of my degree so I have to take chem."

He nodded.

"So what do you want to be?"

"A writer." I said and looked to see him nodding.

When chemistry was over Harry and I left and walked across campus to find somewhere for lunch.

"Caf or the sandwich place?" I asked Harry.

"The line at the sandwich place is too long." He replied.

"Then caf it is."

We headed that direction and once there we each grabbed a tray and began to make our lunch.

"I want chicken." Harry said.

"Then go get it." I said.

"You have to come with me."

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes and followed him over to where the chicken was.

"Stop sighing, it's annoying." He said as he used a pair of tongs to pick up a piece of chicken.

"Stop griping at me. That's annoying."

He rolled his eyes as we went to go find a table to sit at.

We found a booth for two and sat down, beginning to eat.

"You only have one more class today right?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Why? Have plans?" I asked him.

"Yes. It's a new episode of NCIS tonight."

I rolled my eyes.

"The food here sucks." He mumbled.

"I offered to go to the sandwich place and you said no, so don't complain."

Spanish was another 50 minutes of learning class protocol and rules and then we were dismissed, Harry and I making our way back to our apartment.

This time there was no knife in the door and we went right in without incident.

I went to my room to get started on homework while Harry went to his room and closed the door, doing whatever it is he did.

Once I was done with my homework I went out to the living room to make a snack and then put it on The Office.

A few hours into my binge watching I heard Harry's door open.

He walked into the living room and sat down on the other end of the sofa before grabbing the remote and changing it back to cable.

"Hey!" I sat up. "I was watching that!"

"It's time for my show; go watch television in your room." He replied, his stone expression present.

"I don't have Netflix set up in my room."

"Well then that sucks for you."

"Harry!" I suddenly reached forward and yanked the remote from his hands.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled and jerked it back.

"I was here first!"

"Does it look like I care?!"

"Ugh!" I childishly shrieked before using a pillow to hit him with.

His eyes got dark as he glared at me.

"Your little, spoiled, rich ass needs to learn how to fucking share." He growled.

"Fuck you, Harry. Fuck you."

I stood up harshly before going to the door and yanking it open and walking out into the hall.

"Emma get back in the apartment!" He stormed out after me.

"No." I glared at him.

He looked like he was going to murder me before he reached out and grabbed my arm roughly before literally dragging me into the room.

"Ouch! Harry!" I screeched.

He threw me inside and then slammed the door.

"I said get in the fucking apartment! You do as I say!"

"You can't push me around!"

"Yes I can! Now go. To. Your. Room."

Before I knew what I was doing I shoved him backwards so his shoulders hit the wall.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I screamed at him.

Harry just glared at me.

I could feel my resolve quickly crumbling down around me as the tears began to fall, and fall hard.

"I hate you." I hiccuped over my own sobs before running to my room, slamming the door shut behind me and locking it.

The tears were coming so fast I couldn't see, and ended up sliding to the floor, letting myself cry for everything going wrong in my life.

For myself. I cried for myself because I never had felt so low. Never had I felt so looked down on and worthless.

Harry treated me like I wasn't even a person, yet I was more human than him, but he made me feel like I wasn't a person.

My sobs echoed throughout the now silent apartment and my body shook from where it laid in a crumbled ball of limbs on the floor.

"I hate you."

--

Thank you to so much who has read the story so far! It means a lot to me!

Don't be strangers though! Comment, vote, tell me your thought on the characters, i'd love to hear from you!

I'll have the next part up soon!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 142 45
Harper Lee Richards is in New York City for a friends bachelorette party weekend trip. What was supposed to be a fun, carefree girls trip turned into...
19.7K 284 54
I'm Willow Anne McQueen....age 20 and a fashion designer......my life was perfect when it came to luxuries and a happy family......but I had a little...
15.7M 323K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...
81.5K 1.3K 34
"Once a week." "Once a week?" "We fuck once a week, every week" // A Summer dogsitting job for Mr. Styles is a dream come true for any broke uni stud...