I Don't Love You, I Hate You...

By OmnipotentSadist

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR. That's what people say. But for Derek, love is a war and nothing is fair. Derek... More

Notice
AUTHOR NOTE |BoyxBoy : Arranged Marriage|
1~ Arrogant Beautiful Man
2~ The Other Brother Is Better
3~I hate you, absolutely hate you
4 ~ Intoxicating
5~ Kisses Of Fire & Ice
0 ~ Bonus: Little Bit Naughty (Ash)
6~ These Words Are My Own
7~ Red Wine
8~ Red Stains
9~ Unreal
10~ Sinful Lips
11~ The Boy In the Bed
12~ Breaking and Entering
13 ~ Questions of the heart
14~ Moment, Frozen.
15~ Unexpected
16~ Plans and Dates
17~ 'Idiocracy'
18~ Two against One
19 ~ Is It Too Late
20~ Walk Down Memory Lane
21 ~ Change is near
22 ~ Memories from the Past
23 ~ Leave the Past
24 ~ The Stupid Boy That Ran Away
25 ~ What Happened to Him
26 ~ Dissolution
27 ~ Isn't It Obvious
29 ~ Empowerment Of The Meek
30 ~ Speechless
31 ~ Wide eyed
32 ~ More of Him
33~ Breathless
34 ~ Incomprehensible to him
35~ Absolutely Not
36 ~ Covetousness Lips
37~ What I've Realised
38~ I Don't Hate You After All
39 ~ In the Moment
40~ Our Lives Are Made In These Small Hours...
41~ Till [The End] Of Time
Dedication

28 ~ The Lies We Tell

46.4K 1.7K 144
By OmnipotentSadist

|PLEASE CLICK THE STAR ICON AND VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER|

Ash POV

One Week Later

The room was silent; it was unbearable and gut retching. It was worse because Haden was sat in front of me. I kept my head down in an attempt to avoid his gaze. My mother, who was innocently sitting beside us, had no idea of what had transpired. She did not know how I had tried to sabotage the engagement and take over our legacy. Sooner or later she was going to find out. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She seemed confused at the tense atmosphere, but didn't say anything. Haden did not seem interested in telling our mother anything and that worked in my favour.

Haden looked up, his glare fell on me for a moment. A chill ran through me.

"There is nothing you could tell me that would make me change my mind." Haden finally spoke, emphasising each word.

"Haden Darling. I just don't understand why you would call off the engagement so suddenly." Our mother spoke softly, I could sense frustration and disappointment in her voice but she did a fantastic job of covering it up. My eyes followed my mother's gaze and I reluctantly looked at Haden. He shifted in his seat.

"I don't believe that we are right for each other." He said coldly. "You knew that I was not interested in marriage. But I went along with it for your sake."

"But honey, the invitations for your engagement party has already been sent we just can't cancel it a month before the official announcement. What might people think!"

"I will not marry him. I don't care about the consequences. I can't do this."

"Haden, I don't understand." She paused, "we chose Derek specifically because we knew how much you liked him, and how compatible the two of you were." My whole body stiffened. Oh no. Haden had no idea that I was the one who suggested that we accept Derek's parent's proposal and choose Derek. He didn't know about my involvement in any of this. I was the one who told them about a past that made them decide on the boy.

Haden narrowed his eyes at me. The hairs on my body stood on my skin. This couldn't be good.

"What do you mean.." He spoke through his teeth.

"Well, Ash said you used to like this boy back in high school and we were under the impression that you would be thrilled to get the chance to see him again...but of cause your father and I didn't think that this arrangement with this man would be appropriate for our family, but your brother insisted."

"Did he now?" Haden muttered, it was almost a growl. His eyes focused on me.

"and considering you've been declining every other offer, we didn't see any reason to not peruse it.. but of cause when you agreed to this one we were surprised." Mother continued.

"Despite how this came to be, nothing can make me change my mind." Haden repeated himself.

"okay... but, Haden dear, you do know that this would mean you will be-"

"Yes" he agreed without letting her finish. She looked disappointed.

"Well I'm going to go and see your father about this." She said as she stood up. Fixing her clothes she looked down at me and tapped on my shoulder signalling me to follow her.

"Actually, I need to speak with Ash for a moment" Haden said grinding his teeth.

"Okay.. Ash, honey, I'll see you at the hotel." she whispered and kissed me and Haden on the cheek before she left.

I bit my bottom lip. There was something sinister about the way he stared at me and the way he narrowed his eyes as he thought to himself. I knew Haden well enough to know that he was not going to let it go.

Sitting like this made it seem like time itself had stopped. In way it was good but fuck I couldn't take it anymore. Was he waiting for me to say something?

"You planned this from the very beginning." said, his voice stern and knowing. There was no denying it he was angry.

I inhaled sharply, letting the cold air fill my lungs, I chose to say nothing.

"I knew you hated me but I never through you'd go this far." He continued. I looked in the opposite direction. Suddenly, his shadow fell over me. He slammed his fists against the frame of the chair. My eyes snapped up to him. His face was calm as he glared me down. His face got closer to mine with each tick of the grandfather clock. His warm breath brushed my face. I stared at him, nothing passed my lips. "People like you disgust me" He whispered.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled and tried to push him. His hands were grasping my shirt tightly as he suddenly pulled me out from the couch and flung me across the room. My feet tangled and I crashed to the ground with a loud thud. Pain shot through my body and I groaned in pain.

His shadow fell over me again. His eyes looking down at me. I was the prey, he was the hunter, and he wanted revenge. He towered over me as I lay on the ground.

"What on earth gave you the right to go and tell our parents about what I told you?"

"They are not OUR parents, it's my mom and your dad."

"You think I care, at all? You were the one I trusted with the things I went through in high school and this is what you did with that trust. You disgust me"

"So what you hate me now?"

"No. I can't hate pathetic people like you. That's only a waste of my time." He snarled.

"Give it a break Haden. If you really cared about him you wouldn't have done what you did." I mocked hoisting myself off the ground and dusting off my clothes while staring at him. "If you really cared, you could have mended the relationship you had." A cold sensation shot through my face. The cold turned hot and a lightning pain shot through my nose. My hand flew to my face. I shut my eyes for a moment trying to regain footing. I could smell the light hint of blood and the warmth that came with it. I stumbled back in haste and removed my hand from my nose and looked at it. My hand, even at close range it looked blurry. I could make out the red stain that has suddenly materialized on my hand. I squinted to look at it better. It was blood. My blood. My eyes widened at the realization and my head switched to Haden who glared me down. I wiped my nose with the back of my hand there was more blood.

"What the F*CK!" I yelled. I wanted to retaliate and punch him in the face, but I couldn't. His sharp blow had rendered me helpless.

Haden walked to his desk and pour himself a glass of blue label. He Swirled the liquid in the glass and he looked at me. I was still hunched over trying to ignore the pain that now seemed to have taken over my entire face.

"Next time it just won't be your nose that I break Ash," He threatened while raising the glass to his lips, "It'd be wise of you to remember that."

Derek POV

"Tanya.." I called to my best friend. She waved at me, motioning me to walk faster. When I reached her she glanced over to me for a moment. "Can I stay over at yours tonight?" I asked.

"You sure?"

"Yes," I answered bluntly.

"Come with me then" she said and smiled with glee.

We walked in silence. The cold early morning wind had picked up and the street lights buzzed. The trees in the side streets made the surrounding look ominous. The full moon shone above us. I let my eyes wonder around the path as we walked. The traffic lights had paused and blinked Yellow.

We finally reached a car. A red BMW. The sound of keys clinking with each other was followed by the low beep of the car doors unlocking. I paused while she got inside the car and wondered how I have never seen this car parked at her house.

The car roared to life as I clipped the seatbelt into place. The stereo came on loudly with Cobra Starship blowing through its speakers. She hummed to the tune of 'hot mess' and shifted the car into gear. The tiers squeaked as it took off fast and she raced through the empty streets.

"Oh don't look so scared Derek, I'm a good driver" She joked. I tightened my grip on the seat. She was dangerously over the speed limit. Was she trying to kill us?

I laughed awkwardly. Before long we were at her house. I followed her inside. It hadn't changed since the last time I was here.

"Okay. You know where everything is Derek, so pick whatever room you want," she shrugged.

I laughed at her attitude while dragging my feet to her refrigerator. The cold condensed air met the surface of my face leaving a pleasant feeling behind. Grabbing the brownie that was in there I began to nibble it down when her voice came from above.

"you better not be eating that brownie Derek," She warned. I stopped halfway through the bite and looked down at the chocolate covered brownie and tried to swallow the piece I had in my mouth.

"NO" I said with the food muffing my voice.

I wobbled into one of the guest bedrooms and flopped on to the bed. Strangely that dreaded feeling I had before was gone. It was replaced with euphoria. I giggled to myself for a moment but then anger took over before I blacked out.

I hope you like this new chapter!!
It is a bit different from the rest, or at least I think so XD

Let me know what you think!!

Also, if you had read the previous version of this story, let me know if you like this version or the other one better :)

xx

Nic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 16.7K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
114K 4.4K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
309K 12.5K 29
Meet Jaden Arons, he's a trouble kid with a lot of issues and the main one is being in love. Like many seventeen year old kids, he has trouble keepin...
398K 13.8K 29
Sky Grodman, a boy with cute physique; not considered flamboyant nor a hunk-like body. He is someone you can call flowerboy type. He is the lead voca...